Magical Butter

satyrday

Why did you have to strain so much? I need to get my lazy self to do this. I am so bad. I could have really used tincture the last few days. Also if you are using all that vg why do you have to use water? I have never even seen vg so I am not familiar with its properties.
I would only add water if I needed extra volume to meet the min line and could separate it at the end, like with butter. Normally I wouldn't risk a weaker extraction by having it in the mix (cannabis is not very water soluble). For glycerin tincture, I would just use more vg like you say - it's not so expensive to need to conserve it by diluting with water. Maybe somebody can provide a good reason for this, however. I know it's part of a recipe on the MB site, but I'm not sure why.

satyrday,

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
It might be thick but we will have to wait for someone who knows to answer.

Dreamerr,

Dreamerr

Dose anyone know how to make these. From all we know you need fat but a dispensary sells them so there must be a way. To me this a way less fattening option and nice in the summer.
dNYe7G2.jpg

Dreamerr,

Dreamerr

Yep sold by a dispensary not close enough for me to get to. They have pics of them on fb daily and I want one now.

Dreamerr,

satyrday

Yep sold by a dispensary not close enough for me to get to. They have pics of them on fb daily and I want one now.
VG tincture dose + water + food coloring & flavoring of your choice. Freeze and wallah! You could do that!

satyrday,

Dreamerr

Ya think? But how bout the fat we always need...oh I get it. You now made up my mind vg tincture it is. I am going to maybe get some tomorrow if not next week. I will still make someone come with me to get the everclear as well just to have in case this woman changes her mind again. I think popsicles is about the best thing yet. A milkshake is way to much calories. I bet though once you make the tincture of either the alcohol or vg you can just add it to anything. That boggles my mind though cause then why add it if you can just put some under your tongue? Why do I get confused over the simplest things?

Dreamerr,

satyrday

I never do the tongue thing with tincture. I just swallow it (mixed in some juice). Alcohol would burn anyway. Yeah, you don't need fat with vegetable glycerin tincture. Sounds fun!

satyrday,

Dreamerr

So why am I bothering with popsicles...I guess I don't need to lol. Although they may be yummy and more fun to eat then just swallowing tincture. I am like an idiot servant...complicated stuff I can understand and simple stuff gets me:shrug:

Dreamerr,

satyrday

Why did I bother with the MB when I can make tincture without it and at any volume I wish? ...to waste time and money and feed my gadget habit! I might wear it around my neck on a gold chain and cut a rap video though.

satyrday,

Dreamerr

:rofl: I bought it to cut out the mess and I hope that is what it does. I did buy a new filter with the bottom screened as well instead of the solid one they sent. I have made ok oil but not great and a huge mess comes with it always. I want to do it in the MB2 with no mess. I don't really care to much about the amount cause it should last long. I still can't decide between butter and oil but tincture is still coming first either way as it can go with me anywhere. I have a dropper bottle of oil in the fridge but it has to get to room temp to use it so it sucks. I gave away all the oil I made last time except for that little bit. I think I will let it get to room temp and just dump the whole thing in one dish and sleep for a week:D. Gotta wait 3 more weeks to do that though.

Dreamerr,

satyrday

:) Yeah, it has only wasted time because I haven't mustered up a good use yet. Once you get down to making something it will be a big time saver.

satyrday,

Dreamerr

When I succeed I will let you know then you can just follow. I cooked today instead. I made roasted cauliflower yummy and then made butterfly shrimp and I have pasta with red clam sauce I made the other day. I didn't eat anything but the cauliflower and one shrimp to make sure it wasn't poisoned. I figured if I made it early my caregiver would clean up. I cleaned most but ran out of energy and body power. The cauliflower was so good and we shared but I ate most. That is all I had so far today. I more then likely won't eat for another few hours.

Dreamerr,
Reactions: satyrday

lowkee00

Ok, first time out, I used 1 lb butter and a bit of water yo get to min line. I put 8 g of good herb and let it run on the butter setting. After 2+ hours and cooling. I was left with a super light green liquid, well mushed.

After straining, quite a bit of goo was left in the strainer (usable material?) That part was tossed.

The green liquid is filmy, like it might not have been cooked at high enough temp. The quality is poor also imo, as it's weak.

So tonight, gonna give it another go, 1.25 lb butter, 18 g fine unground herb and run the butter setting on 220. any thoughts? 2 hours before I go.

lowkee00,

Dreamerr

Maybe try longer? I think your recipe is not cutting it according to the ones on the site. I think you must be using way to much water for it to be able to remove the actives. You are also not using enough herb. Here is the recipe from the site.

One full butter stick is half a cup. Most recipes for cookies/brownies made from a premix package will require a ½ cup of butter. Minimum recipe is for 4 sticks of butter 2 cups. There is no need to PREMELT the butter with the MB2. You have an MB2 if there is a temperature button and hour buttons. If you have an MB1 PREMELT your butter before pouring into the machine.

Ingredients
  1. 5-10 Butter Sticks
  2. 1-2 OZ of your Favorite Herb or Plant Matter
  3. Food Storage Containers
  4. Filter supplied with your MagicalButter Device
  5. 1/2 Tablespoon of Soy Lecithin per stick*

Dreamerr,

lowkee00

Maybe try longer? I think your recipe is not cutting it according to the ones on the site. I think you must be using way to much water for it to be able to remove the actives. You are also not using enough herb. Here is the recipe from the site.

One full butter stick is half a cup. Most recipes for cookies/brownies made from a premix package will require a ½ cup of butter. Minimum recipe is for 4 sticks of butter 2 cups. There is no need to PREMELT the butter with the MB2. You have an MB2 if there is a temperature button and hour buttons. If you have an MB1 PREMELT your butter before pouring into the machine.

Ingredients
  1. 5-10 Butter Sticks
  2. 1-2 OZ of your Favorite Herb or Plant Matter
  3. Food Storage Containers
  4. Filter supplied with your MagicalButter Device
  5. 1/2 Tablespoon of Soy Lecithin per stick*
a normal double boiler I use 1 lb butter per 1/2 oz good herb. the mb2 says 8 g per 2 cups butter or 1 lb.

I barely used any water the first time as 1 lb was just shy of the line. hence adding 1/4 more butter tonight so no water.

i have no soy lecithin, so good luck me. but i am adding more herb. why do you think 160 degrees is better than 220 all the way for 2 hours?

lowkee00,

VapeArts

Lucid Dreamer
a normal double boiler I use 1 lb butter per 1/2 oz good herb. the mb2 says 8 g per 2 cups butter or 1 lb.

I barely used any water the first time as 1 lb was just shy of the line. hence adding 1/4 more butter tonight so no water.

i have no soy lecithin, so good luck me. but i am adding more herb. why do you think 160 degrees is better than 220 all the way for 2 hours?

I'll jump in here... the MB people recommend the 160 setting and that's all I've used with the 2 hour setting. Both my batches came out great! I used 1lb of butter and 1/2 oz of herb both times. it may have been a bit under the minimum line but i didn't add any water. First time I used popcorn buds and the second time was manicure trim of the same top shelf strain. The buds were maybe 15% more potent. I did not use lecithin for either batch.

The butter came out light green and was very effective. I made 32 cookies per batch of butter. Each cookie was good for two light but really fun doses which is what we prefer. A whole cookie had impact on a non-stop smoker friend though he felt it could have been a bit stronger.

So to summarize I would stick with the 160 temp, add more herb and maybe not add more butter.

Oh, the sludge that was left in the bottom of the filter was very tasty to me. Instead of tossing it I would recommend adding it to some spaghetti or eating it straight. It looked gross but really wasn't. I haven't done either but it was tempting... but I have cookies so I ate them instead. :)

VapeArts,
Reactions: mixchu69

Dreamerr

Well that is confusing since what I posted above is from there website?????????????????

I bought the VG so I am going to try that with abv and see what happens.

Dreamerr,

VapeArts

Lucid Dreamer
the mb2 says 8 g per 2 cups butter or 1 lb.

Well that is confusing since what I posted above is from there website?

The MB2 instruction book says to use 4 - 8 grams per cup and it sounds like lowkee00 used the smaller amount the first time out. I used 14 grams per 1 lb so mine was closer to the high end of their recommendation.

The MB folks don't seem to update instructions very often on their web site and it's hard sorting through their FB site to find specifics.

VapeArts,
Reactions: Dreamerr

Dreamerr

Well I guess I am going to have to make up the recipe then. I am going to use glycerin and abv to the line. Do you have any idea how much? I won't be using water cause I can't see any reason to weaken the extract process. I don't know how much it will really work but we will see. If it doesn't work in the crock pot it goes and the machine will be gone. I don't see how glycerin can extract in that small amount of time on such a low heat.

Dreamerr,

lowkee00

my instructions say 8 g per 2 cups butter not 1 cup. meh.

1.25 lb butter and 18g herb, see you tomorrow morning, lol.

fwiw, going heavy sat.

lowkee00,
Reactions: Dreamerr

Dreamerr

This is what my book said for fresh...1 cup to 4-8 grams of herb so your 2 cups would be 16grams. My abv I assume about 32 grams.

Dreamerr,

lowkee00

is
I'll jump in here... the MB people recommend the 160 setting and that's all I've used with the 2 hour setting. Both my batches came out great! I used 1lb of butter and 1/2 oz of herb both times. it may have been a bit under the minimum line but i didn't add any water. First time I used popcorn buds and the second time was manicure trim of the same top shelf strain. The buds were maybe 15% more potent. I did not use lecithin for either batch.

The butter came out light green and was very effective. I made 32 cookies per batch of butter. Each cookie was good for two light but really fun doses which is what we prefer. A whole cookie had impact on a non-stop smoker friend though he felt it could have been a bit stronger.

So to summarize I would stick with the 160 temp, add more herb and maybe not add more butter.

Oh, the sludge that was left in the bottom of the filter was very tasty to me. Instead of tossing it I would recommend adding it to some spaghetti or eating it straight. It looked gross but really wasn't. I haven't done either but it was tempting... but I have cookies so I ate them instead. :)

How potent was the sludge?

lowkee00,
Top Bottom