Magical Butter

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
Where did you order bottles from. I have a link but haven't ordered yet. I have a bunch of dropper bottles from old meds like iron and stuff. Mine is coming Monday unless it shows up early which would be Friday. I may not get to it as fast as you cause with stuff like that it can sit for a while till I am brave enough to try it.

I can't wait to hear your results.

Dreamerr,

Puffers

Micro-Climate Mastermind
:lol: probably bad form to quote myself from other threads but it related to the topic and I am short on time so WTH, two separate quotes from different threads in one, found here http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/abv-in-160-proof-vodka.6452/
And here http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/need-some-quick-opinions.8130/page-2#post-334981

Its also useful to note that glycerin and alcohol metabolize at different rates. Alcohol tinctures normally hit faster and peak higher, while glycerin tinctures take longer to peak but the effects lasts longer. This will also vary by your route of administration swallowing the tincture will metabolize thru your digestive system at a prolonged rate, while holding it in the mouth will allow absorption through your sub-mucousal tissue allowing more rapid uptake into your system.

This has been my experience with them as well. The alcohol tincture can kick in within 5-10 minutes or so when the dose is held in the mouth and allowed to absorb through the mucosal tissues. Where as when you swallow it can take more like 30min-1hr depending on dosage IME. Glycerin as Lo noted is much easier to keep in the mouth but seems to absorb less quickly and takes more like twenty minutes to onset IME. The alcohol doesn't last as long as glycerin but seems to peak more quickly and be a bit higher. The hybrid that Lo uses is what I was referring to earlier and gives you a middle ground between the two.

Wow puffers thanks for that.
Your quite welcome, miss D ;)

Dreamerr

Wow puffers thanks for that. From what you wrote it seems like it depends on the situation which one would be better. I think both are necessary now lol. Seems like for a day out for a nice steady flow of meds glycerin is the way to go. Seems like alcohol is like an asthma rescue inhaler which is great to have as well.

satyrday

50/50 hybrid would make using the MB safe enough I would think (vs like a 190 proof everclear). Interesting idea.

satyrday,

Dreamerr

Ok you all try all the combos and then let me know what to do...k thanks...:brow:

Dreamerr,

satyrday

I would just be afraid a 50/50 would dilute the power of each to extract effectively. I know a 95 proof alcohol alone would take quite awhile compared to 190 proof. Would probably be better to make them separately and then mix together, but I'm just thinking out loud. hmmm

satyrday,

Dreamerr

Well you keep that brain working cause when all is said and done I want to chuck stuff in the machine and not think. Even though I will get it Monday I am waiting for an easy way to do stuff that will work. I don't have everclear or glycerin anyhow and would have to get it.

Dreamerr,

satyrday

Well you keep that brain working cause when all is said and done I want to chuck stuff in the machine and not think. Even though I will get it Monday I am waiting for an easy way to do stuff that will work. I don't have everclear or glycerin anyhow and would have to get it.
You want the Star Trek version!

Stapleface

Sure was interesting stuffing the machine full. I hope it was just liquid that is not supposed to go past the maximum level, because if that's the case I messed up, and you can't fit hardly shit in there. I guess nugs would be more compact at first but would still fill past the fill mark if you going for anything decently potent. My lid was ever so slightly raised when I started the tincture setting, but it settled after a few blending cycles. Sounds like it is blending just fine, so I think it should be ok. If there is still unblended material towards the top of the machine I will just run a 4 hours cycle after I mix it in with the rest. I used close to two full 16oz bottles of glycerin, and 4 1 quart mason jars full of frosty trim. It was somewhere close to 170 grams give or take a few. So that's a little over 5 grams per ounce of glycerin. Hopefully that is good, if not I might run an ounce of Pineapple express through the same glycerin after straining it. We shall see. I don't want to go too crazy with it. If I don't feel anything after this initial run, I might just stop until I can just sift my stuff for kief that way I can guarantee the potency. Then it will be up to my body. As far as not having to do anything, I'm making tincture as I'm typing this, getting ready to medicate then do whatever I want because the machine is doing all the work for me. Just had to add the ingredients. Straining will be the hardest thing.

nopartofme

Over the falls, in a barrel
You want the Star Trek version!
I can see Picard now:

Computer. Tea. Earl Grey with cannabis cream. Hot.

FhKI1t7.jpg

Stapleface

Ok, so after that mess, I have determined that I will not be making tincture with trim or any other material for that mater, other than kief. It's just too much of a pain in the ass for someone with my fucked up body to sit here and squeeze the fucking hell out of this cheese clothe for 2 freeking hours. Plus, that shit is hot when it comes out. lol Without some kind of press it is just a pain. I think at the moment I have like 11 or so ounces of tincture. Not sure how good it is. I'm super tired. Not sure if it's from licking it off my gloves or just from being up since 5 am. Maybe a bit of both, IDK. Think Ill take a dropper and crash out. Maybe I will wake up stoned in the morning. One could only hope.:zzz:

satyrday

Ok, so after that mess, I have determined that I will not be making tincture with trim or any other material for that mater, other than kief. It's just too much of a pain in the ass for someone with my fucked up body to sit here and squeeze the fucking hell out of this cheese clothe for 2 freeking hours. Plus, that shit is hot when it comes out. lol Without some kind of press it is just a pain. I think at the moment I have like 11 or so ounces of tincture. Not sure how good it is. I'm super tired. Not sure if it's from licking it off my gloves or just from being up since 5 am. Maybe a bit of both, IDK. Think Ill take a dropper and crash out. Maybe I will wake up stoned in the morning. One could only hope.:zzz:
Good job. You're taking one for the team! I could only wish to have the supply you have - my experiments will be with much smaller quantities. If I was there I'd be licking it off your gloves AND chewing the cheesecloth.

Is it a nice dark green?

Anxiously awaiting your report on effectiveness...

satyrday,
Reactions: mixchu69

Dreamerr

WTF, I thought no work. I thought no cheese cloth just the provided strainer and let it strain if you can't push? Did you leave it on the counter to let it strain over night?

Dreamerr,

Stapleface

Left it in the strainer over night haven't checked it yet. But what I do have bottle up smells like cooked cannabis. lol Smells pretty strong, tastes strong. Hopefully my flavoring oils get here today and they help. Use dank material, get dank tincture. It's a bit much actually, it's going to take some getting used to, I'm nauseated almost all the time so that might not happen. I will be trying it mixed in with various things. I will let you know how it goes on the potency. lol Dreamerr I did say no work but the straining. Like I said though, kief from now on, so the taste shouldn't be as bad next time. I'm sure some would like it, it's just a strong taste for someone with a stomach like mine.

My personal first experience with a dose :puke: My stomach did not like it. My stomach is sensitive so I wouldn't be drawing any conclusions for yourself based on that.
I know I used good glycerin, it's 100% vegetable glycern food grade by NOW. I have seen that used by other people who make tinctures and they were successful. It is just
so damn strong. I really hope I can flavor them enough to be able to keep them in my mouth instead of ingesting it. Definitely all kief from here on out for glycerin. I will use buds for the butter I'm going to make, should be a lot less chlorophyll to deal with, which should lead to a better tasting product than what I'm dealing with now. Hopefully. Plus I can make all kinds of shit with butter. I have good recipes already for cannabutter, just gotta put them to good use. So butter is next.

I mean strong tasting, I would have to keep it down or in my mouth to know if it's potent.:shrug:

mod note: Please avoid back-to-back posts, use Edit instead. Three posts merged.

Stapleface,
Reactions: satyrday

Vaporisateur

Senior Marijuanist
My personal first experience with a dose :puke: My stomach did not like it. My stomach is sensitive so I wouldn't be drawing any conclusions for yourself based on that.

I have the same problem and I am too very sensitive when it comes to medibles.

I have not made tinctures yet, but I heard that coconut oil was the best and helped the ingestion process.

Thanks for your feedback on this!

Vaporisateur,

Dreamerr

How did the straining go over night? Did it complete on its own? That was the messiest part of doing it without magical butter so if it is the same I am not sure it is worth it. Kief...wow you must have a huge stash to do that. I have a small film container of kief that took forever to collect. I will be using abv and don't care about the taste to much. If it works it will be fine but if I have to do work I won't be happy.

I so appreciate you posting all this step by step. I guess when you get it the way you want then I will have to ask exactly how you did it. I agree that you should use small amounts till you perfect your technique.

BTW staple use the edit button on the bottom of your post to add more thoughts. You will eventually get a warning and warning points. Back to back posts cloud up the thread and make it annoying to read posts. If you do it by accident just press the report button and tell the mods you goofed. You have 6 hours to edit so if you happen to be the last post four hours later and want to add stuff still use the edit function.

Dreamerr,

Stapleface

No problem. Sorry about that. Letting it sit over night didn't really yield any more, at least not enough to worry about. You gotta squeeze it out. The only way to do it without having to strain is with kief. It is not hard to get a lot of kief. All you need is dry ice and a bubble bag. About an ounce of frosty trim can yield 5-7 grams of kief. It is the most efficient way I know of to get kief. The only way I get higher return is by making bho, the best I have gotten from dry ice is a 20% return, with butane I have pulled off 22% returns. Very strain specific when it comes to what your going to get. I have those high returns on one strain only. It is usually different for others. I'm just like anyone else though, I have to save up my material to get what I have. That run of tincture was like 6 months or more of trim saved up. Huge sacrifice if you ask me, could have been some killer bho. But I had to experiment, no fun if you don't. Now I need to look into how much material per cup of butter or whatever. Shouldn't take but a quick google search.

Update: adding some candy flavoring oils greatly improved the taste of the tincture. I used both grape and fruit punch. I think the grape worked a little better. It turned the tincture a cool purple too I guess. lol Haven't tried a full dose, just did a drop of each after mixing, don't really feel anything but I just medicated not long ago. I used Lorann Oils flavoring oils btw.

Stapleface,
Reactions: mixchu69

Dreamerr

I can't do any of that and I don't grow so no trim. I did laugh when you wrote all you have to do:rofl:
I wonder if you have to strain abv or even fresh if you grind and then run it through a strainer first to make it small like kief. Couldn't you use something in the strainer to press it to get it to strain better? Someone on here recommended a french press when making oils having nothing to do with this machine but that might be the better way to go.

When you experiment I suggest using the smallest amount possible cause after all you have no idea if it will be a success or a failure or something that just needs tweaking. You don't want to waste stuff.

Dreamerr,

Puffers

Micro-Climate Mastermind
French press is good for qwiso or the like, this might be a better option though. http://www.overstock.com/Home-Garde...pspla&ef_id=UXBUUwAAAFn3hGVo:20130418201515:s
FVpSXST.png

Or maybe a garlic press for smaller amounts.
ZwX2YOq.png

Although I would probably end up just making something myself out of clamps and a colander or something of the like :) Last nite I actually made something using abv and 151 after as much went through the coffee filter as possible. My lazy ass just stuck the filter with plant material into a big stainless steel measuring cup put the next size down cup, on top and squeezed the bejeezus out of it.

Puffers,
Reactions: Dreamerr

Puffers

Micro-Climate Mastermind
Puffers when you told me to use a french press I was more thinking of this http://www.walmart.com/ip/Mr.-Coffee-Cafe-Oasis-32-Ounce-Coffee-Press/21290195 If this would work it is a cheap solution to a huge problem. What do you think?

Now a garlic press is so small it would make a huge mess and that other press you have shown must be expensive.

The french press might work but its more for straining , not so much pressing. I would be afraid I would break something, but that might just be my overtly paranoid persona speaking :tinfoil: :D

Here's a cheaper fruit press....
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0018MU3SS/ref=mp_s_a_1?qid=1366325883&sr=8-6&pi=SL75

Puffers,

Dreamerr

Sticky what is that and where do you get it? Why do you need a coffee filter and where would it go? Also is it hard to use.

Puffers what would break and I thought that is what we were doing straining?

Dreamerr,
Top Bottom