Attn all PD, Zap and Woodez owners.........

Purple-Days

"old farts only need 1 stem"

Notice that insurance prices go down after you are 25, and again after you are 50? 'Old farts' might be less inclined to impress others. If it's speeding, or how many jello shots, or any number of behaviors. The fellows I knew who were the best at 'going over the top' are mostly dead now. :/

Purple-Days,

Beezleb

I wouldnt say using more than 1 stem is going over the top. Its not like using one stem puts a person in the category of eating medicine with the applesauce crowd hehe.

Beezleb,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
It all depends for me honestly. Sometimes I can get away with pulling 1 stem (if there are people in the house and I have to get all :ninja:. When its just me, I can sit and pull about 4-5 stems before I am in the 'zone' of questioning everything, and then realizing how zooted I am. I can imagine if I had dispensary quality meds, my number would be quite a bit less.

I can see how 1-2 stems would more than work if you had access to awesome meds. My mids do "Okay" but take a little work :)

AGBeer,

minnesnowta

Vaporist/Glass Head
1 stem topped with keif keeps be pretty high for about an hour an a half. I usualy only have one at a time unless I just got off work then I'll do two in a row then one whenever I need it. And when I'm lookin for couch lock I break out my wand or dab some oil if I have it. I tend to go through oil reaaaal quick though....

Oh and I only use super high grade. Comparable to dispencery quality. I've had the pleasure of trying stuff from Cali and it was comparable to the stuff I pick up around here.

minnesnowta,

Purple-Days

That's the other big variable. Being two counties North 'the triangle', one or two stems may be different than other regions.

And I didn't mean that 1 stem or 3 or 5 or 25 was over the top, Beez, it was about human nature and behavior, and how age changes behavior (for many folks). Nobody is gonna OD on weed, but you know what I mean if you think about it. Faceplants are a young man's thing.

Purple-Days,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
Purple-Days said:
That's the other big variable. Being two counties North 'the triangle', one or two stems may be different than other regions.

And I didn't mean that 1 stem or 3 or 5 or 25 was over the top, Beez, it was about human nature and behavior, and how age changes behavior (for many folks). Nobody is gonna OD on weed, but you know what I mean if you think about it. Faceplants are a young man's thing.
I think most of the time when I partake these days I am usually using mid grades. I rarely get high grade. So more stems are required.
I faceplanted into a bar stool last year when I hooked the extreme vaporizer up to a gravity bong. I would attribute that to me being "Young and Curious"

DevoTheStrange,

mnmlh

I think when you get older, it is likely that things will calm down a bit in life. If my mind, and the external world around me right now, were less chaotic, I think I would vape less. The other factor is in the way the different generations were raised. I think the younger crowd, whether they like it or not, were raised by society to be consumers more so than the old farts, along with having tv-induced ADD. The combo leads to more vaping somehow. :)

mnmlh,

Beezleb

I have lived all over this planet. I have grand Kids. I have lived life at times that many a wild movie is sissy stuff compared to the paths I have walked at times in my life.

Age does make you slow down hehe. I remember when come Friday or Saturday night I was out raising hell, now I go out for a drink maybe Friday night, I am home and done by 9 hehe. I keep saying I am actually stay long enough to see the band, which I never do.

At least I am not playing bingo, but I did go to my aunt, who is a hair dresser that is older than dirt, she does old lady hair lots of 50's style hair, I always feel young after visiting hehe.

Beezleb,

DrMephisto

I've been using dispensary-grade for a month or so now, and I think I agree with Ios first post, it really does depend on where I want to be for those 3 hours. 1 tube if I'm going out or have to socialize (I live with three girls, and when they bring hot friends over I don't like being too zonked ;)) Maybe 2-4 tubes if I'm just going to sit and listen to vinyl, or watch some TV (not often).

Granted, if I really want to go places for a few hours, a brownie made from a couple months' ABV is where it's at for me :D
-w-

DrMephisto,

B.

War Criminal
I get the low end of high grade( I was spoiled with the high end of high grade for years, it was weird adjusting to less quality stuff)

Anyway, after work, I find 2 stems, at least 1 with a nice little shot of kief, is a great start. I'll usually load a maintenance stem or two after about an hour, but I'll space out my hits on these. So, in a 3-4 hour period I'm gonna go thru probably 3-6 stems, at least half with a little kief shot.

And this is just an estimation, I don't really pay attention to how many I do...is that bad?

On my days off, if I can it's a vape all day kinda thing, who knows how many stems.

I also like to start with a few SSV bong rips sometimes, gets me where I wanna be very quickly, and then after a bit start hittin the MZ.

DrMephisto said:
Granted, if I really want to go places for a few hours, a brownie made from a couple months' ABV is where it's at for me :D
I popped a brownie on my day off this weekend, I forgot how strong my last batch was. I got up around 11, ate the brownie at 11:30 followed by a light lunch. After an hour and half I was blasted, and then I passed out/ fell asleep for 6 hours, which I was not expecting at all :ko:

That was totally cool with me. To paraphrase the great Scroobius Pip "I sleep a lot...I like sleeping, man. It's a nice place to be". Google that shit : Dan le Sac Vs. Scroobius Pip.

B.,

CrazyFingers

When I first got my zap I was doing about 5 stems every time I sat down for a session.

Now me and my girl just usually split one stem and that's just fine for me for a couple hours.

I don't know if I was just overzealous and excited about my new toy or if it just took some time for my toelrance to adjust.

CrazyFingers,

mnmlh

CrazyFingers said:
When I first got my zap I was doing about 5 stems every time I sat down for a session.

Now me and my girl just usually split one stem and that's just fine for me for a couple hours.

I don't know if I was just overzealous and excited about my new toy or if it just took some time for my toelrance to adjust.
My tolerance adjusted (down?) to it, and I'm the same way now. I've only been going through more than one stem in a session only if I am determined to send myself over the edge, which just isn't that often. Of course, my dude's stash is reading like a dispensary menu since the new year, so I'm sure that helps. Some of the stuff I've been getting only takes one good pull and about 3 minutes of waiting until my eyes are glazed and I loose coordination. I think taking a hit and waiting is the way to make your herbs last. I never noticed the creeper effect when smoking (probably because I smoked so much) but now it's very noticeable.

mnmlh,

B.

War Criminal
agreed. I got a very tasty blueberry x (umm...i forget), a much needed change from the stuff i was getting. I've been loading one stem with a nice bong rip's worth at a time, and I need one, maybe two solids rips to get blazed.

B.,

SSS

mmj patient under siege by the obama admin
i'm a 1-3 stem guy. depending on the situation.

SSS,

lord

I use the PD exclusively. I use 1/3 of the chamber. I never go past a single hit -- no matter the situation or the grade of the bud. I am completely satisfied w/ the buzz every time. I also never go past two hits a week.

I owe it all to my beloved PD.

lord,

quomist

Rock the Casbah
My tolerance took a hit as well. I started with 6 stems easily. Now I'm down to 3 to 4 per session. 1 for when I have to go do something.

quomist,
Top Bottom