Attach Pictures

Status
Not open for further replies.

goatgobaahh

I used to search function to its fullest extent and found no previous posts.

I would like to attach pictures to a post so I dont completely destroy peoples scroll bars.

I have seen it done, but I cant find how to do it. I have a killer post lined up too!!!

goatgobaahh,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
You need to download your pic to an image hosting site like tinypic.com first. You'll get a forum code from them. Then, when making your post, click the picture icon in your toolbar and insert the forum code they give you in the drop down box.

goatgobaahh

MoM and SD,

:clap: Thank you for your quick replies! I know how to upload images. Its just I dont want to post them and have the entire page get massive for everyone. I figured I would just attach these photos.

Since we cant attach any photos. Do you two know how to resize an image?(not using any software)

Isn't there a code to have a picture show up in whatever pixels you want (mostly 640x480). When you click the image a new window with the images full resolution opens up?

Or do we just go posting pictures full size on the forums(which I have not seen too much of)?

Thanks again!! :)

goatgobaahh,

SD_haze

MoM and SD,

:clap: Thank you for your quick replies! I know how to upload images. Its just I dont want to post them and have the entire page get massive for everyone. I figured I would just attach these photos.

Since we cant attach any photos. Do you two know how to resize an image?(not using any software)

Isn't there a code to have a picture show up in whatever pixels you want (mostly 640x480). When you click the image a new window with the images full resolution opens up?

Or do we just go posting pictures full size on the forums(which I have not seen too much of)?

Thanks again!! :)
Easiest way I'd say is:
You just upload the image to imgur.com & click the edit checkbox.
Allows you to adjust the dimensions(to scale) so your pictures don't take up the whole page.

(Unless you want to click the smaller image and have the full resolution pop up?)

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
some imagehost sites will have an option where you can upload a full-sized picture, but it thumbnails at your desired size with the ability to "click to view original"

goatgobaahh

I could've sworn there was a re-size option on the forum at some point. Perhaps I dreamt it?

I thought there was too, but I went on photobucket and resized em.
It should look better in here
http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/r...-your-new-pieces-here.522/page-12#post-356187 now.

EDIT:
some imagehost sites will have an option where you can upload a full-sized picture, but it thumbnails at your desired size with the ability to "click to view original"
Great point I will keep this in mind next time!

goatgobaahh,

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
The forum software truncates large photos automatically, and gives you a "Click To Enlarge" option. At least thats the way its always worked on my end (PC) :peace:

Edit: A good example is the macro shots in the "My Stash" thread.

The forum software truncates large photos automatically, and gives you a "Click To Enlarge" option. At least thats the way its always worked on my end (PC) :peace:

Edit: A good example is the macro shots in the "My Stash" thread.
I know that, but I thought I remembered a drag to resize option at some point.

kingofnull,

max

Out to lunch
We've had this sticky up for a long time in the Lounge- http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/how-to-post-pictures.155/

It should still cover the bases as far as I know. If not, let us know. I haven't looked at all the host sites, but I know imageshack gives you size options, depending on where you intend to download the pics.

The forum software truncates large photos automatically
Maybe so, but we still get pics posted that are way too large for forum posting.

goatgobaahh

We've had this sticky up for a long time in the Lounge- http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/how-to-post-pictures.155/

It should still cover the bases as far as I know. If not, let us know.

Nice find, this is exactly where I read it before. I just couldn't find it maybe we can add this to the FAQ?

i.e. You cannot attach photos to post please resize your own photos before uploading. (consequences for not obey involve a slow and painful visit from the ban hammer)

I appreciate all your help everyone thank you!

:love:

goatgobaahh,

BD9

I'm sorry to rehash this, but... When I added my avatar a window came up and allowed me to select a picture on my HD then upload it. Easy peasy, lemon squeezy!
Is there anyway this feature can be added to the post a picture feature so I don't have to get an imagur or other picture hosting site account?

Thanks for any help.

BD9,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
I'm sorry to rehash this, but... When I added my avatar a window came up and allowed me to select a picture on my HD then upload it. Easy peasy, lemon squeezy!
Is there anyway this feature can be added to the post a picture feature so I don't have to get an imagur or other picture hosting site account?

Thanks for any help.
Sorry... but the forum software just doesn't allow that. :)

momofthegoons,
Reactions: BD9
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom