• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Athlete Vaporists?

Rebelistic

I wouldn't call myself an athlete but I do a few sports, often after vaping. My main sport I suppose is street biketrials and I nearly always vape some herb while watching a couple of biking videos before I go out riding. It kind of helps me focus and enjoy riding more. Interestingly it seems to have no negative affect on my balance or coordination, biketrials is a sport that requires good balance and quick reflexes to bail safely if things go wrong.
One of the best things I find is vaping after a ride as it combines with the post excercise feeling :-)
Good thread, nice to read about what people get up to, seems like a lot like running. I find that quite hard going but like to get out on the road bike when I can.

Vapinghole

Low-Temp Hempist / JedHI Master
It's great seeing all the new comments from folks new to the thread. It's inspiring, really. And a warm welcome to all FC newcomers! Isn't this forum great?!

I hope everyone had a great holiday season. I'm committed to incorporating yoga into my routine this year. I'm 46 and starting to feel tight. I need better flexibility, core strength, and balance. I'm confident this will help my trail running and triathlon exploits become even more enjoyable. I no longer worry about placing high in races and am only concerned with strength, endurance, balance, and enjoyment.

I feel that physical activity while medicated is not only more pleasant but also much more productive. Cannabis helps to connect my body with my mind, helping to focus and target particular muscle groups, sending blood flow and oxygen to precise tissues, and allowing me achieve unimaginable results. Working out has gone from being my grueling weekly routine to my magnificent medicinal meditation moments. Sweat and smiles for miles ay!

Hear, hear!

SavedByTheVape

@hibeam , you really know how to make a man blush!! Vaping most definitely enhances quite a few facets in my life. In fact, I achieved straight A's in college via studying while vaped, engaging in heated debates while vaped, taking exams while vaped, and in fact vaping throughout all of the densely compacted layers of the academic onion. I certainly enjoy writing (or "lettin' mi good ol' phalanges fly", as they say) a little bit while vaped and tend to lock into an innate semantic flow of seemingly numinous proportions ;) (Almighty Jah Jah guides me every step o' di way ayyyy)

Vaked420

@hibeam , you really know how to make a man blush!! Vaping most definitely enhances quite a few facets in my life. In fact, I achieved straight A's in college via studying while vaped, engaging in heated debates while vaped, taking exams while vaped, and in fact vaping throughout all of the densely compacted layers of the academic onion. I certainly enjoy writing (or "lettin' mi good ol' phalanges fly", as they say) a little bit while vaped and tend to lock into an innate semantic flow of seemingly numinous proportions ;) (Almighty Jah Jah guides me every step o' di way ayyyy)

Ya I've definitely come to realize that weed effects different people very differently. I spent much time smoking and studying and it worked really well for me, but now that I've seriously cut back on my consumption and am on day 3 of a tbreak currently(drug test...) I realize more so that weed never really hindered my motivation, but it definitely makes it harder for me to keep my life and thoughts organized when I'm baked too often. That being said I could see how the enjoyment of studying and learning while high could cause a severe increase in study motivation and it could definitely highly improve someones studying and learning habits, or in this case for ecsercise. On the other hand my friend I was hanging out with last night was complaining about sort of basically not being sure whether he was doing what he wanted to and just gamed all night and did a little homework afterwards, but was clearly again not the driven person he had become last quarter when he really took a big break from weed for the first time. For him it seems that weed used more often than infrequently really negatively effects his life and while I love weed, I suggested that for him he should take a good long break.

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
Ya I've definitely come to realize that weed effects different people very differently. I spent much time smoking and studying and it worked really well for me, but now that I've seriously cut back on my consumption and am on day 3 of a tbreak currently(drug test...) I realize more so that weed never really hindered my motivation, but it definitely makes it harder for me to keep my life and thoughts organized when I'm baked too often.

Getting buzzed is a definite plus for my physical workouts but is a hindrance for me when it comes to complex mental endeavors. When I'm baked my short-term memory isn't as strong and I tend to lose my place mentally which causes me to restart a complex thought sequence more often.

I did two term papers on memory and used what I learned for my studies. Back then I worked two jobs and we had our first baby so I often found myself having to cram for tests and senior year projects. You'd be surprised at how quickly you drop from peak memory performance from a fresh start. Add stress and lack of sleep to the mix and peak performance suffers even more. There is a point where getting a small buzz is a big help though and that's when the think tank is empty. I found that once I hit the wall mentally I could squeeze out another hour or two of low level performance if I took a small hit, a low level stimulant and did some brief exercise. On more than one occasion when everyone else turned to mush I would do a one hit, grab a cup of coffee, do some crunches or push ups, do some deep breathing exercises and get back to it for another hour or so before crashing for good. I had an entire team doing all nighter's at my house and the first time we all hit the wall and I broke out the one-hitter the team went ballistic. They watched me closely afraid I'd fuck everything up. After the first half-hour they could tell I wasn't near my best but I could push through where they couldn't so they left me alone.

Some folks have hyperactive thought profiles (they process thought faster and less linearly) that will benefit from getting buzzed because it forces deeper concentration control. Kind of like causing tunnel vision mentally. I naturally think sequentially so getting buzzed normally has the opposite affect on me.

As you said...everyone is different.....thank goodness!

His_Highness

Anyone got a problem with the motivation to get their morning exercise done? I'm a +1 for lack of motivation this morning. It's f'n freezing out, overcast and windy as hell and I'm supposed to do a long training run for a 15k I'm signed up for.

Thanks goodness for our favorite plant and the hardcore thumpin music on my MP3 player......I may not be motivated right now but in about 30 minutes my mind will be right, my heart rate will climb and my sneaks will be on. Until then though.....'Just do it' will have to wait......until I'm.... 'High Enough to Just Do It'

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Anyone got a problem with the motivation to get their morning exercise done?. 'High Enough to Just Do It'

I SPIN BIKE and ROW for my work out before a CANNABIS session!
However a NAP after workout then a SESSION I'm out!

For morning WAKE & VAKE I need FRENCH ROAST to get moving!

Were all different and have needs that are not egual!

In the 70's on the NORTH SHORE we always smoked a joint before charging!

RastaBuddhaTao

Manufacturer
Haven't posted here in a while but I have been having some killer Zen runs! My daughter has taken on track seriously the past year. In HS I worked hard to break my brothers record in the 400 hurdles and pulled it off on my last race. Can't convince my daughter to run hurdles as she fell in love with the mile but I am couching the hurdles for the team.

We ran a 1/2 marathon this fall and then a Turkey Trot that her Cross Country team was at. The last mile I was shoulder to shoulder with one of the boys on the CC team. I tried to beat him but I couldn't lol. So I have also been running hurdles myself.

Last year I found out that the US Track and Field puts on local Masters track meets. So, nothing makes a mid-life crisis better than feeling like your 18 again so I entered one and trained for like.... Oh, two weeks lol. Then at my first meet I tried to show my daughter I could still run so I sighed up for the 600 too not thinking the hurdles where shorty after... I ran a time that was most impressive but being Vaped I found allows you to hit this Zen where you can push beyond your bodily limits. Crossed the finish and just kept jogging to the bathroom because I know the "run to you puke" feeling. Right away they clerk me for the hurdles... I try walking it off... My quads are cramping my legs are burning... Screw it, let's give it a go? A took three steps out of the blocks had both quads cramp and never cleared the first hurdle lol.

So, last Friday night was the same meet this year, a chance to redeem myself. Low and behold I am lined up at the start next to the Kid I couch as it is an open meet and anyone can go. "Well, I never expected this" he says. So, I watch as they are setting up the hurdles... Shit, why are mine taller? Mr. official informs me "collegiate height is 3" taller" I retort, but I have been practicing with the HS height (3" shorter) official - Sorry until your 50 that's the height... So calmly Vaped, decided to make a mental adjustment and go for it. I had the kid through the first two hurdles and the the height caught up to me and I literally dragged my ass over the last hurdle.

Pretty fun seeing the fear in the eyes of your kids peers as they think "Man, I can't let her old dad beat me" lmao. If they only new the full story.

I have another shot in a month so back to training over hurdles three inches taller. I'll be back to report how it goes. My end goal is to run the 400 hurdles again competitively this spring and run a sub 20 minute 5K. What can I say, I have pretty crazy bucket list items.

Vaped and stretching to together are like P&J. @Vapinghole the yoga sounds like a great idea. Maybe a mix of the too?

Last edited:

His_Highness

@RastaBuddhaTao .... Very cool...Go with them and go get them!

I get a great deal of joy and satisfaction out of running and such but the most enjoyable of these endeavors has always been when I did it with my kids and we did it as equals. Running public races with my kids is my absolute favorite. Haven't done one of these with the kids in awhile....thanks for the reminder!

canary

Just signed up to reply to this.

I vape maybe 2-3 times a week, but the most fun I have is doing athletics when medicated.

I play hockey and soccer once a week, always vape before hockey and only sometimes before soccer (some of the guys on the team are a little more serious). Vaping before shinny is the greatest of feelings, I find it helps me focus and allows me to be more creative with the puck.

I will do it sometimes before working out. If I am counting reps I won't as I have had trouble with my mind wandering in the past, but if I'm on the treadmill or the bike or anything similar it makes it much more enjoyable.

I cycle in the warmer months as well (40k shorter rides, 100k longer rides, hoping to improve on my time and distance this year), but I tend to stay off the green as biking on public roads whilst vaped up is a big no-no for me. Maybe it's different if you are cycling for a commute or pure pleasure rather than sport. On trail rides, it is fantastic.

His_Highness

Just signed up to reply to this.

I vape maybe 2-3 times a week, but the most fun I have is doing athletics when medicated.

I play hockey and soccer once a week, always vape before hockey and only sometimes before soccer (some of the guys on the team are a little more serious). Vaping before shinny is the greatest of feelings, I find it helps me focus and allows me to be more creative with the puck.

I will do it sometimes before working out. If I am counting reps I won't as I have had trouble with my mind wandering in the past, but if I'm on the treadmill or the bike or anything similar it makes it much more enjoyable.

I cycle in the warmer months as well (40k shorter rides, 100k longer rides, hoping to improve on my time and distance this year), but I tend to stay off the green as biking on public roads whilst vaped up is a big no-no for me. Maybe it's different if you are cycling for a commute or pure pleasure rather than sport. On trail rides, it is fantastic.

Welcome Aboard!

I'm kinda glad to see I'm not the only one who's mind loses track of the reps if high. Doesn't stop me though :D

I completely agree about not biking public roads buzzed and would add mountain biking and harder trails to the list. I can see why it's not a good idea on the roads once you get in the zone. I left some nice gashes on my legs the one and only time I did get buzzed riding on the advanced trail....never again.

Treadmill.....or dreadmill....getting a buzz on is mandatory to fighting the boredom.

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
I'm a professional fitness trainer, and competitive kettlebell lifter. I can vape before a workout, but about an hour before, and not a lot. My workouts are HIGH intensity, not a walk in the park. In all reality, the workout obliterates the high in seconds.

Chill Dude

World's fastest Stoner, Chris Barnicle didn't make anybody proud at Olympic Trials: 3:45 marathon. http://www.flotrack.org/article/39718-world-s-fastest-stoner-chris-barnicle-talks-after-trials-dfl

*sigh*

I don't think it was his weed use that slowed him down. He basically said it was from a current injury and lack of proper training. Also diet, calories and electrolytes are so important for endurance distance running.

This guy is super fast as his past races have shown. Everyone bonks a race sometime..

Hell, I'm competitive in my age group and at 52 years old I can run a 3:25 Marathon. My next goal is to break 1:30 in the San Diego Rock in Roll Half Marathon this June. I also vape weed everyday:tup:

Reprojected

I don't think it was his weed use that slowed him down. He basically said it was from a current injury and lack of proper training. Also diet, calories and electrolytes are so important for endurance distance running.

This guy is super fast as his past races have shown. Everyone bonks a race sometime..

Hell, I'm competitive in my age group and at 52 years old I can run a 3:25 Marathon. My next goal is to break 1:30 in the San Diego Rock in Roll Half Marathon this June. I also vape weed everyday:tup:
@Chill Dude You're my hero. I'm 51 and botched my BQ qualifiers (3:30) two years running.

TurboVape

I prefer vaping after a workout session, I can't say I really enjoy beforehand though. I'm a keen cyclist, and to be honest I kinda zone out whilst on the bike, after a few minutes I forget about the high. Vaping before definitely raises my heart rate quite substantially, so I often get frustrated when training in certain heart zones, as I can't go as fast as when I haven't had a vape.

If I'm feeling down and don't want to exercise, a strong sativa can help to build the motivation, but I won't feel the effects for long. It feels like a bit of a waste.

I know this sounds odd, but I see herb as a reward for a hard exercise. There's really nothing more that I love than coming home absolutely dripping with sweat, I kick back to hopefully a nice indica and melt into bed.

Mangos

I vape before and after my Muay Thai Classes ( Thai boxing with elbows,knees,clinch ). I usually train three to four times a week, been out for the past month due to an injury. But I usually vape right before I leave for an hour and a half class consisting of warm up exercises, hitting pads, sparring.

I have anxiety so even though I enjoy going to my classes I still get anxious before every class- that's when I take a hit - all of a sudden no tight feeling in my chest and I am ready to go out and have fun in class.

When I come back and feel sore, first thing I do is have a hit and sit back and feel all my muscles start to relax. Great feeling - especially after a hard workout.

His_Highness

World's fastest Stoner, Chris Barnicle didn't make anybody proud at Olympic Trials: 3:45 marathon. http://www.flotrack.org/article/39718-world-s-fastest-stoner-chris-barnicle-talks-after-trials-dfl

*sigh*

That's pretty slow for an elite level athlete. Glad he finished though. I'd be satisfied with that time now and have had better times myself when I was in my 40's. Heck...I remember a father and son who ran together and passed me during my first marathon that bested that time .... the father was in his 70's and the son was in his 50's.

I've said many times in this thread that what makes running so joyous for me is vaping just before running and looking forward to the runner's high kicking in and combining with my initial buzz. There was an article that talked about the chemical similarities between an MJ high and the runner's high which is probably why they come together so nicely.

lwien

What a great marketing idea if a vape manufacturer sponsored a 5k, eh, and involved FC as a co-sponser and offered all of the profits from entry fees, t-shirts and hats, above that of putting on the event itself, to veterans. Promote it at all the local dispensaries with the sale of wearables promoting the event. Make it a traveling road show and hold it in different states and cities where MMJ is legal.

Hell, that even may make the evening news, at least on a local level.

Also, a great thing for the whole MMJ community as a whole. Kind of an anti-stoner image, eh?

I miss my marketing job.

(Edit: And if any of you vaporizer manufactures are reading this and thinking about doing this, ya better fucking hire me first..........;))

Last edited:

His_Highness

What a great marketing idea if a vape manufacturer sponsored a 5k, eh, and involved FC as a co-sponser and offered all of the profits from entry fees, t-shirts and hats, above that of putting on the event itself, to veterans. Promote it at all the local dispensaries with the sale of wearables promoting the event. Make it a traveling road show and hold it in different states and cities where MMJ is legal.

Also, a great thing for the whole MMJ community as a whole. Kind of an anti-stoner image, eh?

I miss my marketing job.

That's a great idea!!!!!!!! I don't live in a legal state but I would definitely travel to experience and run in something like that!

Vapinghole

Low-Temp Hempist / JedHI Master

I miss my marketing job.

(Edit: And if any of you vaporizer manufactures are reading this and thinking about doing this, ya better fucking hire me first..........;))

Great. Fucking. Idea!!

Vaked420

And it could be in the recreationally legal states too! Also I plan on doing the seattle to Portland bike ride this year and I'm taking my mflb with me! It's gonna be smoooooooth sailing

Vaked420

Has anyone heard that exercising while stoned regularly can lead to your muscles growing differently because they're more relaxed while exercising? I heard that on grasscity and that always just seemed fishy to me and grasscity isn't exactly the most reliable source of information haha. Does anyone know of any negative side effects to exercising while vaked?

Top Bottom