Ascent Vaporizer - The Ordering, Shipping, & Other Nonsense thread

Are you going to definitely buy the Ascent as things stand now ?

• Yes

Votes: 37 26.6%
  • No

Votes: 28 20.1%
  • Yes, and I want a pre-order from DV put in place

Votes: 31 22.3%
  • Yes, and I DON'T want a pre-order from DV put in place

Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Who cares !! Just wait for it and shut up !

Votes: 37 26.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

grokit

well-worn member
Yup it's that easy! :rofl:

images

Hell yes! You are the phantom madman of their facebook paradise!
:cheers:

Last edited:
grokit,
You're a better person than I. :evil:

I would suggest someone start a pool on intrade, but that's apparently been down since before the original Ascent release date...long, long, ago...

Last day of summer is September 21. Will they make it?...
I bet ya 20$ they will by the end of next summer :)

HMCS.AVENGER,

sam reynolds

because "Samantha" is a mouthful.
I bet ya 20$ they will by the end of next summer :)
Let's see...another month to clear customs, two weeks to ship from customs to DaVinci HQ, three weeks to find the packing tape, two months to find just the right font for the mailing label, four and a half months for the mailing labels to ship from the label factory in China, three and a half weeks to untape all the boxes because they found another kind of packing tape they like better, five weeks to tape all the boxes back together (at this point they decide to hire more help as all employees are busy furiously lurking on forums not responding to threads and posting "Top 5 ways to ring in 2015," with #3: "Buy 2 pink original DaVincis and get a third for 10% off!"), and then 2 days to ship (free express shipping FTW).

I'd say my odds are pretty good. :brow:

just received this email, im quite disappointed -.- !!!

Hey Connoisseurs,
We wanted to give you a heads up that there have been further shipping delays with the Ascent vaporizer by DaVinci. We truly apologize for the longer than anticipated wait time for this unit, but as we are not the manufacturer, unfortunately this is something that is entirely out of our control.
According to DaVinci, it looks like it will be roughly 4-6 more weeks before the Ascent is in your hands. This vape is generating a lot of hype in the market and despite the delayed launch, it is still going to be the best premium portable out there on the market to date. Two batches of pre-orders are already sold out and the waiting list for the third batch is growing in numbers by the day. So, there is a lot of demand for this vape and if you wait it out, you will be one of the first Canadian connoisseurs to have it this fall!!!
That being said we completely understand if you don't want to keep your funds tied up in this pre-order for longer than you had imagined. So, we will process any refunds for those looking to cancel their pre-order and of course, we will not charge any cancelation fees. Alternatively, you can also switch your Ascent for an Arizer Solo, the current best selling portable on the market. And the difference between the units will be refunded.
We are very sorry again for this wait. It has been longer than any of us had hoped for, but if you sit tight we guarantee you won't regret it. We really stand behind the Ascent and DaVinci's efforts to perfect it. Trust us when we say, the Ascent is definitely worth the wait!
Thank you again for your understanding and if you have any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to contact us.
Thank you for choosing TorontoVaporizer.ca :)
Kind Regards,
Rachel L.

My ''funds'' have been ''tied up'' in this operation for over 6-7 months now ! might as well wait !

Last edited:

VaPeD&CoNfUsEd

JoDa Glassworks
Glass Blower
That's why I ordered direct! There should be an email directly from davinci by the end of day today that explains things a little better. The rep told me yesterday looks like 2 weeks maybe more so 4-6 sounds plausible for vendors.

That's why I ordered direct! There should be an email directly from davinci by the end of day today that explains things a little better. The rep told me yesterday looks like 2 weeks maybe more so 4-6 sounds plausible for vendors.
Dude its 2 weeks MINIMUM
And the reason I bought from a distributor was coes when I ordered my pax, I had to pay 70 $ of duty tax! so no way that was going t happen again for me

HMCS.AVENGER,

VaPeD&CoNfUsEd

JoDa Glassworks
Glass Blower
Dude its 2 weeks MINIMUM
And the reason I bought from a distributor was coes when I ordered my pax, I had to pay 70 $ of duty tax! so no way that was going t happen again for me
Lol. I just realized your not in the US. I understand.

VaPeD&CoNfUsEd,

nigel

And shepherds we shall be,for Accuracy & Discovery
The email is coming later today, so let's just wait until we see what it has to say.

But I think Vape is correct about a longer lead time for vendors. I suspect the first two direct pre-sales will be the first out the door.

VaPeD&CoNfUsEd

JoDa Glassworks
Glass Blower
The email is coming later today, so let's just wait until we see what it has to say.

But I think Vape is correct about a longer lead time for vendors. I suspect the first two direct pre-sales will be the first out the door.
I do feel I should add that the rep said the email "should be out by end of day", so take that shit with a grain of salt! We know how well they do with set dates ATM.

I was told i am among the first 100 pre registers, yet I never received any pre order emails, or updates other than about their 'flexi straws' and the first delay notification. Very dissapointing. I really hope indont have to wait again for them to restock after they finally clear customs.

ascendedthoughts,

Reveen

I was told i am among the first 100 pre registers, yet I never received any pre order emails, or updates other than about their 'flexi straws' and the first delay notification. Very dissapointing. I really hope indont have to wait again for them to restock after they finally clear customs.

I'm in the same boat as you.

Reveen,

vape4health

So this is a unofficial notification of future contact about an official statement of a possible guess of wait time.

Whaaa :hmm::suspicious::clap: I think.

vape4health,
Reactions: 2 Paces

grokit

well-worn member
Hopefully the email doesn't get stopped in customs too.

Good one!
:lmao::rofl: :spliff: :razz: :dog:

It's already past 2:30 pm callie time, tgif happy hour is only a couple of hour away...

I wonder if they're already there and hammered lol, checking these responses on their 4g wireless whatevers. Talk about waiting until the last moment to send out a message!

Last edited:
grokit,

Vapnoob

Nubile Vaporist
DV's coupon for 30% off is crap. DVx2 from them= $330. From another retailer with price match DVx2=$260.

Vapnoob,

Jill NYC

Portable Hoarder
I received the last delay notification email at 9:21 pm Eastern Time - so if they stick to that time frame, we should expect the email in about three hours.

Yes - go ahead and say it - I really need to get a life and stop checking my email every 10 minutes.
They will get here when they get here... (I would insert an "om mantra" emoticon here, if I could find one)

Last edited:

grokit

well-worn member
Well; it's after 5pm callie time, meaning the lady that I spoke with to (hopefully) got lied to by the marketing department (who probably got lied to by...), and they're not sending out shit today. Not even the email that they promised, I for one am still surprised by this!

nigel

And shepherds we shall be,for Accuracy & Discovery
@grokit Please see post immediately prior to yours.

Also... technically 23:59:59 is *still* today. Plus I don't recall them specifying a time zone. :p

nigel,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom