Ascent Vaporizer - The Ordering, Shipping, & Other Nonsense thread

Are you going to definitely buy the Ascent as things stand now ?

• Yes

Votes: 37 26.6%
  • No

Votes: 28 20.1%
  • Yes, and I want a pre-order from DV put in place

Votes: 31 22.3%
  • Yes, and I DON'T want a pre-order from DV put in place

Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Who cares !! Just wait for it and shut up !

Votes: 37 26.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Snappo

Caveat Emptor - "A Billion People Can Be Wrong!"
Accessory Maker
I think you may be right, I looked at the accessory package and it was clearly for the original.
But we can still hope :leaf:
Several weeks ago, I called DaVinci and asked if they would be providing a discount on the Ascent and they said no. I have since forfeited my DV pre-reg status and made my pre-release purchase with EZVAPES.COM, who gave me a 15% discount w/2 free gifts and free priority shipping. Couldn't pass that up, as they've always been very good to me. I do hope that DV will honor me nonetheless by allowing me to purchase the water tool stem ASAP!

Snappo,

CG

I had tried the ezvapes when you posted that and I couldn't get it to work oh well. No loss.

Not to hit a moot point or anything but the deal is still going on. Just go to the Ascent page on their website, select your color/free grinder/jar storage, then click add to cart. On your cart page just go to coupon code and type OIL15 and hit the update cart button. I just tried and it worked again. Not trying to push ezvapes or anything but it is a pretty good deal.

Also, I hate to bring back up the smell thing, but WakeAndVape you said you were smoking in Target and on the bus. Did you mean vaping? (Not to be pretentious I just don't know if you mean like cigarettes or using your Ascent) Or did you mean you just had the Ascent in your pocket and it was so smelly people still managed to smell it just by being around you? Thank you for the clarification!

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
Thanks CG, it does work now but now I don't want it lol. I wanted it when it was first posted but now I have a bad taste in my mouth. Maybe it will go away before the sale is over. I am sure we will be able to get it at that price at most of our vendors here.

Dreamerr,

salivape

No email here either... Still this is a good sign! Looks like were getting somewhere

edit: aaahh ok.. 'as one of the first valuable customers to register' so obviously the email only went to the first 500 or something. That makes me think there wont be much stock to start with...

salivape,

Vaporito

I'm disappointed about DVs so called presale email.

I was now just able to order from EZvapes with 15% off free shipping and free grinder. Even if I'm in the 2nd batch, it's too good a deal to pass up... Specially since I don't use a water attachment.

I ordered the burl wood total was $212 woohoo!

Vaporito,

Vapnoob

Nubile Vaporist
Glad I preordered with GotVape. Already got a free pen vape from them.Plus a few accessories and water tool when they ship my Ascent.

Vapnoob,

Jab

Hey all -- first post.

Ok I couldn't contain myself any longer and ordered an Ascent through ezvapes with the OIL15 coupon code. I'm in Belgium so I'm kinda worried about customs etc, but I went ahead anyway :)

Shipping costs were $60, for a grand total of $272.

I figured the unit won't hit Europe for months and I'm sick of the waiting game. I've owned a Volcano since 2004 and am long overdue for a portable. I have to say it's been a very tight race between the Solo and the Ascent.. the former for its price & reliability (a tested and revised design) and the latter for its portability & easier draw. They're both quality and they both provide an enjoyable experience (or so I've come to understand). The Ascent also looks better imo, but that's secondary.

Stoked!

Jab,

Vaporito

I just spoke to EZVapes, they confirmed my order and said my order (burl wood) should be in the fisrt batch!!! I guess they have enough on order from DV to meet the pre-orders :rockon:

They expect to ship at the end of the month.. which is what a week away? total 212 and I was able to add a flexi straw for my original DV with the %15 off as well.

For those that pre-ordered what model did you choose?

Vaporito,

sam reynolds

because "Samantha" is a mouthful.
No pics as far as I know. We haven't even been shown the button improvements yet and the problem was discovered ages ago. DV have gone all shy on us!
I just can't pull the trigger on a product sight unseen. Besides the buttons, we still don't know what this latch thing is and how it affects performance. Plus the straight water tool adapter has been done for weeks (if not months), and we STILL don't have an image of that yet, or know a single thing about its durability.

I'm with Dreamerr--sitting this one out until we get some actual info.

AscentiaL

I just spoke to EZVapes, they confirmed my order and said my order (burl wood) should be in the fisrt batch!!! I guess they have enough on order from DV to meet the pre-orders :rockon:

They expect to ship at the end of the month.. which is what a week away? total 212 and I was able to add a flexi straw for my original DV with the %15 off as well.

For those that pre-ordered what model did you choose?

Right on! That burl wood is luxurious. I pre-ordered a stealth (black) here.

Does this mean that they have confirmation on how many of each they're going to get for each style? Any other info from EZV?

AscentiaL,

smokie

I can't believe how poorly this whole thing has been handled! Was so excited about this product. But after all the set backs and still not being able to even see an image of final product is putting me off

Raidersmojo

What the heck!? I didn't get an e-mail or anything. I had one previously that said I was one of the first 100 to pre-order.

Almost feel like I should have ordered through EZ vapes, but I want to get my hands on this thing with the first order...

Not real happy with how DV is doing business right now.

I STILL haven't heard who I should give this $100 dollar gift certificate to as the 3rd place winner. How long has it been now.........?? Hell, I haven't even received that gift certificate yet. I don't even remember when this contest ended? Bunch of reminders posted with absolutely no response from them.

DaVinci, YOU should read this post that I posted up back in the beginning of May being that nothing has changed since then: http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/under-promise-over-deliver.9505/#post-389886
you could always give it to me :p

Haha I did it!
I knew if I committed to something else we'd get an announcement:clap:
It pretty much happened like clockwork :o
Just pre-registered & sent a message to try and cancel the solo, although I'm sure it would have been great :p
what ? why would you do that ?

mod note: Please avoid back-to-back posts, use Edit instead. Two posts merged.

HMCS.AVENGER,

nigel

And shepherds we shall be,for Accuracy & Discovery
Presales on the 24th. Just got an email

Kinda lame - so the whole preorder priority is lost anyone can just pile in and jump in line?

Yeah, pretty sure that was supposed to be a private message and the details of it were NOT supposed to be broadcast to the world.

This is why we can't have nice things. :p

People were to have received their email in batches, so if you didn't get your yet, then you were to have waited for your batch to go out.

Don't know what they will do now. They didn't specifically say "Don't share this" so maybe they will cross reference emails and disqualify those not on the day's list?

salivape

I just can't pull the trigger on a product sight unseen. Besides the buttons, we still don't know what this latch thing is and how it affects performance. Plus the straight water tool adapter has been done for weeks (if not months), and we STILL don't have an image of that yet, or know a single thing about its durability.

I'm with Dreamerr--sitting this one out until we get some actual info.

I have no choice but to sit it out being a UK man.. The only perk of that is that I get to see what you guys think first. Yeah it would be nice to have final pics and details before sending out the pre order email.. If the units are in the final manufacturing stage then they must have a prototype to show us. Wasn't Wakeandvape getting a replacement? Perhaps it will be the new improved version?

salivape,

toros23

Yeah, pretty sure that was supposed to be a private message and the details of it were NOT supposed to be broadcast to the world.
Don't know what they will do now. They didn't specifically say "Don't share this" so maybe they will cross reference emails and disqualify those not on the day's list?

Huh?? Why would someone posting an email change anything?? Do you work for DV now? How do you know "details of it were NOT supposed to be broadcast"? You are making a big deal out of nothing, IMO.

salivape

Pre-reg has been closed for months now. That page on their site has been inoperable since then.

Not true. I pre registered only a matter of weeks ago

Huh?? Why would someone posting an email change anything?? Do you work for DV now? How do you know "details of it were NOT supposed to be broadcast"? You are making a big deal out of nothing, IMO.

I think the point is that by sharing the email we've informed the world of the pre ordering when it was only meant for the first few who pre registered. Chill Winston

Hey all -- first post.

Ok I couldn't contain myself any longer and ordered an Ascent through ezvapes with the OIL15 coupon code. I'm in Belgium so I'm kinda worried about customs etc, but I went ahead anyway :)

Shipping costs were $60, for a grand total of $272.

I figured the unit won't hit Europe for months and I'm sick of the waiting game. I've owned a Volcano since 2004 and am long overdue for a portable. I have to say it's been a very tight race between the Solo and the Ascent.. the former for its price & reliability (a tested and revised design) and the latter for its portability & easier draw. They're both quality and they both provide an enjoyable experience (or so I've come to understand). The Ascent also looks better imo, but that's secondary.

Stoked!

Just a bit of warning. My $60 item from the US was taxed at £18... I'd add quite a lot onto your $272 estimate. Sorry to be a downer. Let's hope you don't need to use the warranty or else you'll be paying the fees again on the replacement, not to mention the cost of shipping it back to the US. I'm gonna wait

salivape,
Reactions: OF

toros23

I think the point is that by sharing the email we've informed the world of the pre ordering when it was only meant for the first few who pre registered. Chill Winston

That makes no sense. DV informed the whole world about pre-ordering and there were over a thousand, not just a few. Not sure what you mean by the "Winston" remark, is that a high-school saying??

toros23,
Reactions: salivape

grokit

well-worn member
The vendor sent my solo but said I can refuse delivery for a no-hassle return. I may keep it if I can find a short 14mm gong adapter for my pinnacle ht. But so far no luck.

grokit,

Snappo

Caveat Emptor - "A Billion People Can Be Wrong!"
Accessory Maker
Thanks CG, it does work now but now I don't want it lol. I wanted it when it was first posted but now I have a bad taste in my mouth. Maybe it will go away before the sale is over. I am sure we will be able to get it at that price at most of our vendors here.
What has turned you off?

Snappo,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom