Ascent Vaporizer - The Ordering, Shipping, & Other Nonsense thread

Are you going to definitely buy the Ascent as things stand now ?

• Yes

Votes: 37 26.6%
  • No

Votes: 28 20.1%
  • Yes, and I want a pre-order from DV put in place

Votes: 31 22.3%
  • Yes, and I DON'T want a pre-order from DV put in place

Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Who cares !! Just wait for it and shut up !

Votes: 37 26.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

nigel

And shepherds we shall be,for Accuracy & Discovery
People, people -- Have we not learned that the person doing their FB page is NOT the best source of information? Our rep said no *REAL* update and that they would check Monday morning.

I agree with @Snappo in that "released" might not mean "out the door" but might mean something else like "a form has the proper signature on it".

We were told on the 9th that
We have started to get confirmation that we are moving through the stages at this time.
so we know they have been moving, and it just might be that "released" is just completed final stage.

That being said, it would be great if they were on a truck to DaVinci Monday morning, and being shipped out to us by Monday night or Tuesday, but don't hold your breath as there might be a few more days in there.

But it IS coming! :rockon::rockon::rockon:

theCerberus

@nigel, imo we were told on the 15th(thursday) they had cleared customs.

But yes, we have received confirmation that we are out of..one bad place and have moved into clearing. We know what caused the issue and have worked to remedy this for future shipments which will start to leave as soon as we can make sure that all is really, really ok.

I'm hoping to send you all great news tomorrow or Monday at the latest.

The posting on the FB page from friday is likely the same info as this.

Hey, I saw that picture too...must be reading the same version. No real update today.....I'll check first thing Monday as the feds don't work on weekends :)

No real update, sounds like the info from thursday remains unchanged;
Shipment is out of customs and they are waiting for it to arrive.

I think the update davinci was hoping to give was; they had them in hand and were shipping out.

Last edited:
theCerberus,
Reactions: nigel

Snappo

Caveat Emptor - "A Billion People Can Be Wrong!"
Accessory Maker

The posting on the FB page from friday is likely the same info as this.

No real update, sounds like the info from thursday remains unchanged;
Shipment is out of customs and they are waiting for it to arrive.

I think the update davinci was hoping to give was; they had them in hand and were shipping out.
"Davinci_vaporizer said:
Hey, I saw that picture too...must be reading the same version. No real update today.....I'll check first thing Monday as the feds don't work on weekends :)"

If Davinci has no real update because the feds don't work on weekends, I take that to mean that the Ascent shipment is still in Custom's possession, at least for the weekend. Come Monday, when the feds are working again, perhaps then or soon thereafter Davinci will clear the custom's gate. From that point on, Customs is history. One must take great care when interpreting a Davinci update. Caveat Emptor.:2c::peace::cool:

Last edited:

nigel

And shepherds we shall be,for Accuracy & Discovery

Good point! But also, "moved into clearing" !(necessarily)= "cleared customs". ( or more specifically != "out the door") "Out of...one bad place and" into another place.

At this point though, it's all semantics and reading between lines. Until Tomorrow's update...

I know DaVinci doesn't want to say anything until the devices are 100% in hand (what if a meteor smashes into the truck in transit :) ) but I'm hoping we all hear by Tuesday that orders are out. :clap:

I'm ready to hurry up and wait....

thesoloman

College starts tomorrow and i need my ascent! Grrrr they best be here by Wednesday... then on Thursday i can show off my new Ascent to all the stoner friends at school! I've been telling them about it for over 6 months now!

thesoloman,

sam reynolds

because "Samantha" is a mouthful.
I'm quite confident that my Ascent is going to get to my house exactly when it does...and not a second before...:cool::tup:
Unfortunately, the time stuck in customs has inadvertently corrupted the quantum state of the packages, leaving you with Schrödinger's Ascent, which may or may not actually exist when it arrives at your house.

Shrike

Flower Potted, Maxed, & Rio'd.
There better not be any damn quantum fluctuations going on around my package!

For that to happen, it would have to follow the laws of physics and luckily for me, like Bugs Bunny,
I never studied law. :)

Shrike,
Reactions: Adobewan

grokit

well-worn member
zyx.png

Shrike

Flower Potted, Maxed, & Rio'd.
They probably won't say anything until the truck has dropped off the shipment at their dock and they have had a chance to inspect the goods...

At least that is how I would handle it after all the false starts over the last 5 months...

...many times bitten...exponentially shy...:)

VaPeD&CoNfUsEd

JoDa Glassworks
Glass Blower
Ok wow! I just talked to a rep on the phone he said "we're not sure when they'll be released from customs" I said "you posted on Facebook that they had been released!" He said "oh ummm yeah, well yeah they have, we just don't know when we'll have them here"
Sounds like they have about as much of an idea of what's going on as we do. Lol
Sooooooo who the hell knows?!?!?!? How long does it take a damn crate to get from Cali to Vegas????

VaPeD&CoNfUsEd,
Reactions: grokit
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom