Ascent Vaporizer - The Ordering, Shipping, & Other Nonsense thread

Are you going to definitely buy the Ascent as things stand now ?

• Yes

Votes: 37 26.6%
  • No

Votes: 28 20.1%
  • Yes, and I want a pre-order from DV put in place

Votes: 31 22.3%
  • Yes, and I DON'T want a pre-order from DV put in place

Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Who cares !! Just wait for it and shut up !

Votes: 37 26.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

theCerberus

Wtf happened in this thread??? It's probably whoever paid first gets one first. They can't wait to see if people who PREREG are going to buy, when a lot of people have BOUGHT.
Anyways, I got the 18 glass u adapter. Anyone know something good and preferably not too expensive to hook this bad boy up to when it shows up?

davinci posted on the non-gibberish device thread they would try to match emails to prereg but I dont know if they are truly going to do so, because of what you just stated, who knows if everyone who pre-registered is actually going to buy, there was never any commitment to buying anything by registering, it was just to be informed, and i think thats what everyone is forgetting.

as i post this burl wood and croc skin are still in stock.

sam reynolds

because "Samantha" is a mouthful.
davinci posted on the non-gibberish device thread they would try to match emails to prereg but I dont know if they are truly going to do so, because of what you just stated, who knows if everyone who pre-registered is actually going to buy, there was never any commitment to buying anything by registering, it was just to be informed, and i think thats what everyone is forgetting.

as i post this burl wood and croc skin are still in stock.
IT ain't their strong suit. At the end of the day, they're probably better off getting the shipments out ASAP than double-checking and filtering lists.

Pinnacle WT is 14mm.
Thanks. Brain fart. Corrected.

And that's the Infamous in your pic. (And it's always $40.) ;)

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
Ok so now I know why I hate businesses cause they don't care.......Anyone buy a car lately they just try to rape you so don't be naive. The only reason some businesses care is because they want repeat customers. Businesses that have one or two items just want money. Fly by night car salesmen don't care either cause they move on. Don't even answer this cause guess what I don't really care cause I am pessimistic and thing all are just trying to make money. I would hope that brewer you care about your customers but you said you didn't so I am glad I don't deal with you cause to me if you don't care I can't work with you. I do like your posts though. I loved my job but I did and even though I am retired still CARE. I don't know how you can like a job and not care but maybe it is a man thing I don't know.

I really just wanted to write paka telling nigel to read the thread was priceless:lmao: .

If you want an ascent I doubt they are checking anything so get on tomorrow at the right time and get one period. If you want a choice of style wait. If you want reviews wait. If you want to know what the damn thing looks like wait. If you want to really confirm conduction or convection wait. I know I missed a bunch but guess what, I am WAITING. If my email had a code number I would gladly give it to anybody but it doesn't and it is just a general address with no checks and balances. I am not rich and prefer to buy what will medicate me for my needs not cause of looks or any other advertising bs.

Sleep tight and don't let the vape bug bite.

evanaquinn

Thank you Sam Reynolds and grokit! That is right up my alley!

Onto another question: will we be able to extract any resin off of the ascent and make oils/collect them from the stem? Part of me thinks we may be able to since it is possible with extreme q, but it also has the bent elbow directly above the bowl, unlike the ascent.

evanaquinn,

Jab

Weighing in on the brewer/nigel/lwien debate:

Companies do have an interest in pleasing their customers -- for reasons of return business, reputation, branding, promotion. They'll want to impress their early adopters during product launches, especially the most vocal among them (FC, reviewers). Doesn't mean they'll succeed -- they might fail miserably -- but it's to their advantage to try and have a successful launch without deliberately making false promises.

So it would be quite dumb on DV's part to think up a campaign of pre-registrations without having the intent to actually honor them. Now they might be dumb, incompetent, short-staffed etc, but premeditation seems far-fetched.

evanaquinn

Companies do have an interest in pleasing their customers -- for reasons of return business, reputation, branding, promotion. They'll want to impress their early adopters during product launches, especially the most vocal among them (FC, reviewers). Doesn't mean they'll succeed -- they might fail miserably -- but it's to their advantage to try and have a successful launch without deliberately making false promises.

So it would be quite dumb on DV's part to think up a campaign of pre-registrations without having the intent to actually honor them. Now they might be dumb, incompetent, short-staffed etc, but premeditation seems far-fetched.

Yeah but dude they said they would NOTIFY us when it will be available if we preREGISTERED. Not pre ordered. They have done what they said and after that it is up to the buyer to jump on the deal! It's like a sale or something, best to do it when it is available (LIKE THE BONG I WAS DIRECTED TO, WHICH I AM ABOUT TO GO SELL MY BODY ON THE CORNER TO PAY FOR :) )

Man I am excited. I've never had a problem with their IT, AND I know that I speak for only me, but my Original dv had a problem and they replaced it with a new v2 model ASAP! They were also very nice hence why I am sticking with them for the ascent

JCat

Accessory Maker

I didn't even get an honorable mention for my contribution to the debate? Man ... I feel slighted ... :rofl:

Jab

evanaquinn said:
Yeah but dude they said they would NOTIFY us when it will be available if we preREGISTERED. Not pre ordered. They have done what they said and after that it is up to the buyer to jump on the deal!

Sure. Note that they did imply that emails used in the current pre-ordering process would be matched against those used in the pre-regging process. They may or may not actually do that. The only thing I'm commenting on is premeditation and the fact that companies have an interest in making us smile.

JCat said:
I didn't even get an honorable mention for my contribution to the debate? Man ... I feel slighted ...

..and JCat! And Jcat! ;-)

Tweek

Not until you just mentioned it.

Ummmm............carnitas, avocado, salsa, freshly made flour tortilla..... :p. Fuck you Tweek !!!

:lol: I have to wait till the place opens. Still a couple hours...why suffer alone? :spliff:

Tweek,
Reactions: Shrike

Snappo

Caveat Emptor - "A Billion People Can Be Wrong!"
Accessory Maker
I didn't even get an honorable mention for my contribution to the debate? Man ... I feel slighted ... :rofl:
JCat - Yes you did! Go back to my post. You da Man!!!

Snappo,

VaPeD&CoNfUsEd

JoDa Glassworks
Glass Blower
Yeah you're right, my bad :\

Wishful thinking strikes again, I was thinking that the flowers went inside this for some reason
glass_stem_6.jpg

here ya go
img2458hc.jpg

Lol Grokit! Put the sublimator down! I think you've had enough! Hahaha!

VaPeD&CoNfUsEd,
Reactions: grokit

grokit

well-worn member
Haha you're right man, it's been a pretty light morning but I've been subbing like crazy since I got it lol. It's so fucking fun to save all that material that I've been vaping all the time, which REALLY defeats the purpose! Time to reset the ol' tolerance I think, important stuff coming up.

grokit,

NiScRo

Man, I've been out of the loop for a few. I'm terribly confused on what is going on. I did the preregistration email the day davinci put it out. Do I just need to wait for an email from davinci to buy my vape or do I need to pre-order it from their website first.... This combustion is messing with my cranium. Need vapor.......

NiScRo,

Hexi

So there is no way to get in on a pre-oder from any retailer until after the August wave of units ship?

So don't even bother looking to buy one until mid august if I haven't pre-ordered?

Hexi,

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
Read back a few pages and it says. I forgot maybe 5 pst dunno.

Dreamerr,

Pappy

shmaporist
So there is no way to get in on a pre-oder from any retailer until after the August wave of units ship?

So don't even bother looking to buy one until mid august if I haven't pre-ordered?
You can go to the site and buy it today.

Pappy,

Hexi

I'm getting the "we don't have inventory.." error message after 'add to cart' for all 3 styles ... not sure whats up

Hexi,
Reactions: smokum
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom