Ascent Vaporizer by DaVinci

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
I use the WonG with my Ascent but I use my GonG also. The WonG picks up the flavor of the herb that you use and gets seasoned over time. In the beginning the wood gives off that earthy taste. It's all good, lately I've been using my GonG but a few weeks ago I was using my WonG.

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
I use the WonG with my Ascent but I use my GonG also. The WonG picks up the flavor of the herb that you use and gets seasoned over time. In the beginning the wood gives off that earthy taste. It's all good, lately I've been using my GonG but a few weeks ago I was using my WonG.

I may have to end up getting one of Ed's stems. :nod:

Vicki,
Reactions: nigel

mixchu69

Thanks for the help guys.

I saw that Ed makes a stem for the Ascent. That's really cool, but isn't one of the biggest things about this vaporizer that it's an all glass air path? How does Ed's stem affect taste?

ISO wipe the black silicone by the bowl, ok. By burn off, do you mean running dry? If so, for how long?
I would run it dry and see if there are any fumes. After wipe it down with a small ISO wipe. You should be good to go.

mixchu69,
Reactions: Vicki

Silvercloud538

OK. In the RMA email used for ALL repairs it specifically asks for pictures of the unit.
Here is a list of things we need for an RMA and this should have been emailed to you:
Include full name and address

Description of issue (with pic if you can)

Contact number

Color of unit

Name of website/store where purchased, include copy of receipt. (Purchase Price)

Unit serial number, starts with \1AA1, – (should be able to find it on box or below unit)

Now I have to ask, how was it shipped and how was it received? Was the packaging possibly the problem? We're more than happy to help you out, I apologize for all the inconvenience.

@Davinci_vaporizer , '"Description of issue ( with pic if you can )"' tells customer nothing @

requiring a pic re: protection from abuse ~ First of all ,even if stated correctly ,it implies that a

camera must be available
,or even access to one ~

In all my extensive online returns ,it has never been a requirement to send in multiple pix ( at

all angles ) for protection from mishandling or abuse by tech dept ~

All return packaging was done according to instructions re: USPS return box after bubble

wrapping unit ;unit was received in similar mode except for scaring on both sides of curved

body
~ there was no possibility of charger plug to access painted surfaces w/ all bubble wrap

involved

IMHO ,if company's Quality Control jeopardizes integrity of repair/ unit in any manner ,

it should be up to DaVinci to inspect units upon arrival ,and a detour from reg repair

time if so-called
required pix are not included

After donating over $400 ( 2 units ) w/ in 60 days ,a customer should not have to wait w/ baited breath

to see if repair return was done properly ( life is too short )

This customer accepts acknowledgement from company re; said *dispute ~ If company wants

to make restitution ( replacement/ refund ) @ least a show of
good faith will go a long way to

restore confidence ~

Psst*... Additionally ,modifying return requirements should state '" mandatory pix"' vs ''pic if you can"'

Again ,thankyou DaVinci for addressing this issue ,and
hopefully ,make it right

Sincerely

Silvercloud 358

Silvercloud538,

mixchu69

I received my Ascent from Randy @ Puff It Up yesterday. I've had a chance to use it a couple times, and really like it so far. :)
What color did you buy? I regret not buying burl because it looks so good with eds tnt.

mixchu69,

mixchu69

The ascent can handle anything you throw at it, I got some real leafy bud (that budtender needs be yelled at, but she it too cute), it doesn't work well with my convection vaporizers. Conduction vaporizers let me enjoy the aromatics of that strain, especially in the ascent with with gong and vb bubbler.

HD Springer

The ascent can handle anything you throw at it, I got some real leafy bud (that budtender needs be yelled at, but she it too cute), it doesn't work well with my convection vaporizers. Conduction vaporizers let me enjoy the aromatics of that strain, especially in the ascent with with gong and vb bubbler.[/Q

I agree 100%.And if you can handle the late taste degradation you can pull every last bit of goodness from your material.For a session vape I found my 1 and only portable.When I start using some form of glass filler I will use this even more.[/QUOTE]

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
I've only been using my Ascent for a couple days, but wow a lot of oil has built up on the bottom of the inner stem! I'm curious how often everyone cleans their stems?

Vicki,

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
Get the stem glazed over in resin and then put it in this. Give it
A stir and let it soak at bit.
hot-chocolate.jpg

:zzz:

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
Get the stem glazed over in resin and then put it in this. Give it
A stir and let it soak at bit.
hot-chocolate.jpg

:zzz:

Awesome idea @CarolKing !

I'm getting crappy sleep, and the RX meds they are giving me aren't helping. Maybe this will help me get more than an hour of restful sleep! :nod:

How often do you change out the glass stems? I'm glad DaVinci supplies an extra set of glass stems. I can just swap them out!

USPS finally found the Ascent I bought here in the classifieds, so by tomorrow afternoon I will have 2 Asecnts.

Randy at Puff It Up gave me a lot of glass flowers to use as spacers too! He rocks. :clap:

Last edited:

HD Springer

Vicki these glass stems are 1 of my favorite features of the ascent.Ive alwys done a iso bath and then evaporated that off for a really great wax.But @CarolKing that is a really AWESOME idea.Thats is my next Sunday morning cup of cappoccino.thank you

HD Springer,

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
Vicki these glass stems are 1 of my favorite features of the ascent.Ive alwys done a iso bath and then evaporated that off for a really great wax.But @CarolKing that is a really AWESOME idea.Thats is my next Sunday morning cup of cappoccino.thank you

I thought about doing @CarolKing's idea tonight in my sleepytime tea. There is no reason this wouldn't work too.

Sativape

I thought about doing @CarolKing's idea tonight in my sleepytime tea. There is no reason this wouldn't work too.

@Vicki, somewhat related to this...

Do you own other vapes?

If so, do you keep the ABV?

If you're into edibles, I find that the by the time the taste becomes too unbearable in the Ascent, there is still enough psychoactive ingredients left in the Ascent's ABV to give good effects.

I eat my ABV followed by a some trail mix.

Silvercloud538

Also being *sleep deprived ,have found Kava Kava ( capsules open to tea ) to be

verry
helpful for initially getting :zzz: Zzz ,but as far as increasing sleep duration

,still takes trusty oil vape pen @ bedside for those abrupt wake-ups

Psst* ... you might not need as much sleep help to use all of this ritual ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Silvercloud538,

twalker

The DaVinci Ascent is one of the best portable vaporizers on the market. I bought it online for 400$ and it was one of the smartest investments I've ever made.

Modnote: Affiliate links removed.

twalker,

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
@Vicki
Do you own other vapes?

If so, do you keep the ABV?

I do own other vaporizers, but I always vape my herb to the point that it is extremely dark brown, where most of the actives are gone. I'm not fond of the taste of ABV, and I have a sensitive stomach. I'm nauseated most of the time too, so I have to be really careful.

I know my Herbie fully extracts, as does the Ascent. I put Ascent ABV into my Herbie and got nothing out of it, which really impressed me. This ABV had been vaped at 430F in the Ascent before I put it in the Herbie. I've done the same thing with my Solo.

I'm drinking my sleepytime tea with an Ascent stem at the bottom. :)

There must still be an issue with the battery indicator not being quite accurate. I know the instructions say to charge for 5 hours, but my indicator always says it's fully charged after 2 hours. For some reason, I feel like I have been through this before. :lol:

Vicki,
Reactions: KeroZen

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
I have to say, using glass flowers as spacers in the bowl is genius, whoever thought of it. :)

This morning I had a great, quick session with my Ascent to relieve nausea. I didn't have to use a lot of herb, and was done quickly. I did vape at 430F, so I am sure I extracted all the good stuff.

XxDlhK5.jpg

I wonder if DaVinci is still working on their own spacer.

Top Bottom