Ascent Vaporizer by DaVinci

gangababa

Colorado is also a big state to travel around and rumors abound about blocked roads and neighbor state dogged paranoia that I am transporting the devil's own smelly self.

Colorado is a Big state to travel thru , ...
With new laws being enacted , new situations may derive .
I hope All states and Provinces will go Legal and ease the
medical needs of All patients in whatever circumstance .

gangababa,
Reactions: poonman

PrometheusBD

Mine is getting destructed in some places, but just by the friction from normal opening/closing. I think this is what happens when you add a last minute fix untested in the long run...

This hasn't changed anything though. On the other hand, and it's quite surprising, before I applied the leak-fix, I had a lot of oil building up in this area. So much that it almost dripped towards the exterior of the device and if I did not clean it frequently enough, swiveling the bowl would spread the oil all over and it was a mess in no time.

It's hard to believe but since the fix, this area is completely dry now. The only oil build-up left is on the glass screen bottom. I just wipe that with a q-tip after a couple sessions, but that's it. Weird heh?

I have been noticing a lot more oil gathering on the glass as well, mine does still kind of build up around the plastic edge too, leaving herb stuck to the silicon lips, but that's about it and I was encountering that kind of stuff before the fix. Now that you mention it the degrading of the small silicon groove that I had been talking about was happening before the fix, but I can see how the silicon comes out a little more. I did notice the biggest chunk missing after the fix was applied, therefore I agree that this may be the reason, but at the same time my seals are still working better than ever! Haha

PrometheusBD,
Reactions: KeroZen

slither

Vape Nerd in Training
Shout out to Ratchett for being awesome with his 3D printing skills!

This is also probably a stupid question, but do you guys pack post or pre-heat up?

And finally, went on to /r/vaporents... they are a fickle bunch. Either crapping on or blowing the ascent

Last edited:

PrometheusBD

This is also probably a stupid question, but do you guys pack post or pre-heat up?

I used to pack when the bowl was heated, but I have found that so long as you wait about 3 minutes once you reach your desired temperature for it to "soak" as others have said, it doesn't really make a difference. The little wisps escaping the bowl as you pack are enough for me to deal with a 3 minute wait as opposed to maybe a 2 minute 40 second soak time packing when it's heated. Also if you are using glass spacers packing beforehand gives them more time to warm up, although this may be insignificant.

PrometheusBD,
Reactions: OF

VaporKraut

The online tracking says, my burl wood will be here tomorrow, yeah! :)

So I have questions about how to handle the battery charging. I remember there was one or a few posts in this thread with some kind of tutorial, to get the best out of the batteries life time. But can't find it at the moment...

The batteries are full charged, when it arrives? So I don't need to charge it? Would be helpfull, if I could find that post again...

VaporKraut,
Reactions: andygut

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
@slither thanks for the shoutout! I hope one day this will become a full-time career - ya'll inspired me to get a head start! I'm still working on getting my 3D printers fully functional (all 3 have issues currently, ah the joys of working with a new technology, EVERYTHING goes wrong, ha ha). But I've got a few more ideas for the Ascent I need to print and confirm they fit before I make any announcements.

Once I get my 3D printers 100% operational, you'll see a BUNCH more designs released rapidly.
------
The online tracking says, my burl wood will be here tomorrow, yeah! :)

So I have questions about how to handle the battery charging. I remember there was one or a few posts in this thread with some kind of tutorial, to get the best out of the batteries life time. But can't find it at the moment...

The batteries are full charged, when it arrives? So I don't need to charge it? Would be helpfull, if I could find that post again...

I'm on my second burl ascent (1AA1 model originally, now 2AA1).

I'm not using my Ascent nearly as much, but here's what I would do to condition the batteries. They do come with a charge, but I wouldn't assume it's good to go! Here's what I would do to condition the batteries:

1) Upon unpacking your Ascent, fire it up and let your ascent heat up (375F is fine) - let it heat up for about 10 minutes to discharge the batteries slightly - DO NOT LET YOUR ASCENT FULLY DISCHARGE!!! You simply want to discharge a bit of juice

2) Plug in your Ascent and charge for 4-5 hours (keep charging even if the screen reports fully charged)

3) Enjoy!

When the Ascent was my daily driver (3-4 sessions a day), My ascent would be nearly drained by the evening so I would charge every night. But now I use as needed (sometimes sits for a week in the box untouched, still holds a charge perfectly).

Few things to note on the batteries:
NEVER store your Ascent for extended periods (2+ weeks) with a full charge. As with all other rechargeable batteries, you should never store batteries for long periods fully charged (Had this happen with my Parrot drone, stored it for 6 months with a full charge, now it won't take more than half of it's original charge!

Don't leave your Ascent on the charger all the time! As with cellphones and laptops, the more often you keep it on the charger, the faster the batteries die!

Also I try to avoid letting my Ascent fully discharge before I put it back on the charger, I typically like it to almost completely drained, and when it's convenient, I'll toss it on the charger for a few hours and then unplug it.

My ascent has been holding an awesome charge. Hell, It's lasted 5 sessions over 3 weeks on a single charge

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
It's good to load before heating. The Ascent gets pretty hot, quick. Also if you are using the glass flowers they heat up quick too. After I reach the heat that I want, I wait about 30 - 60 seconds. The first couple of draws won't have much vapor, but then the vapor starts to flow thicker with each draw.

The Ascent is an awesome little vape.
You can enjoy life more, with less pain.:rofl::lmao:

Last edited:

Glass004

Consumer Advocate
Just try to imagine people are different. I am disabled and need to sit in a reclined position in a car. There is no utility in a device with a cord this short.
I CANNOT IMAGINE a reason to design a shorter plug for the 12V charger than the 120 V charger. Think about it.....they both go in the same device.
@OF should you make a personal disclosure about working as an agent for DaVinci? Really?
@CarolKing loving your posts and techniques that have helped me so much
I got my 4th Ascent yesterday and finally have two working units. Right now I am cooking the silicone taste out of the new Ascent.
I was having customer service issues with DaVinci . I got in touch with the supervisor on chat. He skillfully handled my concerns and immediately a new (not repaired) unit was priority mailed to me . I now have a huge collection of Ascent glassware having sent back two units under warranty.
Now I will need another set of Eds wooden stems. Or do I run a comparison post of wood vs glass later on?

Last edited:

OF

@OF should you make a personal disclosure about working as an agent for DaVinci. Really?

I don't think so, to claim such would be dishonest. I'm retired, work for nobody, otherwise I'd follow Forum rules and register and get the funny little icon.

As I've said before a number of times, I don't even own an Ascent, but was loaned one by Nigel early on. That was the origin of the glass flowers idea in fact..... I do have a 'first version' DV, but don't think that matters here?

I represent only myself, the lame ideas posted are my own.

Thanks for your concern.

OF

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
Just try to imagine people are different. I am disabled and need to sit in a reclined position in a car. There is no utility in a device with a cord this short.
I CANNOT IMAGINE a reason to design a shorter plug for the 12V charger than the 120 V charger. Think about it.....they both go in the same device.
@OF should you make a personal disclosure about working as an agent for DaVinci? Really?
@CarolKing loving your posts and techniques that have helped me so much
I got my 4th Ascent yesterday and finally have two working units. Right now I am cooking the silicone taste out of the new Ascent.
I was having customer service issues with DaVinci . I got in touch with the supervisor on chat. He skillfully handled my concerns and immediately a new (not repaired) unit was priority mailed to me . I now have a huge collection of Ascent glassware having sent back two units under warranty.
Now I will need another set of Eds wooden stems. Or do I run a comparison post of wood vs glass later on?
I don't think @OF even owns an Ascent...

Glass004

Consumer Advocate
I cannot believe it. My brand new never been used 4th Ascent has the same button issues as my first. I haven't even finished cooking out the silicone taste I'll be sending back my third unit for replacement. Do you think they will let me keep the stemware and charger?
I love the product but really praying my backup Ascent lasts until it's backup comes.

Glass004,
Reactions: CarolKing

OF

I don't think @OF even owns an Ascent...

Guilty as charged. I'm not against the idea, in fact I noticed several of you missed my birthday......PM me if you need the address to send my Ascent to. I promise to be grateful.

I appreciate all that you add to this thread and the Solo. Thank you OF for sharing your knowledge with us.:love:

You and the rest of the amused are most welcome. Very glad to help out when I can. In case you haven't noticed, there's a lot of other good folks helping the new guys (and gals of course). Great place, that way, doncha think? One of those 'profit from the mistakes of others' things.......

OF

Glass004

Consumer Advocate
What is this button issue
All I have done with this Ascent since taking it out of the box is to put it through 3 x ten minute baking sessions at 430 to burn away the silicone taste. I start to program it and the menu button is able to change the screen from F to C but little else. A trick I learned from the first unit that did this is to press the down button and the on/off button at the same time and the unit will turn on and off. So I turned on and off, now I get the program cycles and cannot program the changes, the menu button does not function as the directions indicate. I cant change the temp or program in cycles.
This is number 3 out of 4 that I have had to send back for problems. This is the exact problem that occurred with my first failure ( occurred after 5 days). 2nd unit lasted 8 days. 3rd unit lasted less than an hour.
Edit: I just noticed a quality control sticker on the box :-\

Last edited:

Norcalsun

Instead of using the programmed vaping session (I did program it fairly easily) I just simply turn the unit on, set my starting temp, hit it at that temp until I feel the need to up the temp (usually 2-3 hits), up the temp, hit it again a few times, and if I feel the need to get more medicated up the temp again and hit it. After I feel like I had enough I turn the unit off. If I think there is still some bud that hasn't vaped left in the bowl I open the bowl, and prop up the unit so it cools faster. Sometimes I just lay the unit down with the bowl closed and let it cool on its own. I'm not very concerned about a little waste- I grow so my supply is unlimited. I prefer this method because I can stop and go as I like and I can adjust the temps on the fly depending on how I want to medicate and depending the different strains and different dryness of the buds. Also I can stop abruptly if need be. I've used the programmed setting only twice since I've owned the Ascent and I doubt if ill ever use it again. Just my preference. Was wondering how many others do the same? I hear about people mostly using the programmed setting.

Norcalsun,

CarolKing

I never use the preset temp settings. I start out and work my way up depending on the taste of the herb. its works very well that way. The on and off switch sometimes needs to be pushed a couple times. I have small thumbs, so I can see it would be difficult with large thumbs. It's an awkward on and off switch IMO.

I even have a black stealth and it's almost 8 months old.:D I hope I didn't jinx myself. I'm really not that confident when I hear stories like Glass004. You have more patience than I would have. Great team player by hanging in there.:tup:

I also turn the unit off if I accidentally turn on the programming feature.

Last edited:
CarolKing,

Glass004

Consumer Advocate
I never use the preset temp settings. I start out and work my way up depending on the taste of the herb. its works very well that way. The on and off switch sometimes needs to be pushed a couple times. I have small thumbs, so I can see it would be difficult with large thumbs. It's an awkward on and off switch IMO.

I even have a black stealth and it's almost 8 months old.:D I hope I didn't jinx myself. I'm really not that confident when I hear stories like Glass004. You have more patience than I would have. Great team player by hanging in there.:tup:
I have this black cloud hanging over me labeled " manufacturer nightmare below". If I buy a product, for some reason I have to deal with customer service. I just got a home security system that failed on all points from hardware to customer service. If there is a consumer issue that sucks, I am led to deal with it.
I think I am being tested in a crucible of consumer hell to make me a better person. I appreciate your encouragement @CarolKing. I am saving so much in costs because you taught me how to burn smaller loads efficiently. The technique saves 10 min in administration times as well.
I believe in this product. It has changed my life and health. I have no regrets spending twice what everyone else has spent just to have one functioning unit while the others are being repaired. I just will not tolerate bad customer service when I pay so much for it.
The odds I am dealing with my 3 of 4 failures, out of all the Ascents made are incredible. Then there is the mistake in DaVinci's design and honesty issue with consumer feedback in the marketing of the 12V charger (webb site not accepting reviews on their products).
The issue of whether DaVinci is repairing units, or replacing units under warranty exists. I am not sure about the reliability of the information I got from my customer service representative about them sending units to repair now. I got a new unit....after I complained.
Anyways....... YOU WILL HAVE TO PRY MY ASCENT OUT OF MY COLD HANDS WHEN I DIE :-)

Glass004,
Reactions: poonman

CarolKing

I have this black cloud hanging over me labeled " manufacturer nightmare below". If I buy a product, for some reason I have to deal with customer service. I just got a home security system that failed on all points from hardware to customer service. If there is a consumer issue that sucks, I am led to deal with it.
I think I am being tested in a crucible of consumer hell to make me a better person. I appreciate your encouragement @CarolKing. I am saving so much in costs because you taught me how to burn smaller loads efficiently. The technique saves 10 min in administration times as well.
I believe in this product. It has changed my life and health. I have no regrets spending twice what everyone else has spent just to have one functioning unit while the others are being repaired. I just will not tolerate bad customer service when I pay so much for it.
The odds I am dealing with my 3 of 4 failures, out of all the Ascents made are incredible. Then there is the mistake in DaVinci's design and honesty issue with consumer feedback in the marketing of the 12V charger (webb site not accepting reviews on their products).
The issue of whether DaVinci is repairing units, or replacing units under warranty exists. I am not sure about the reliability of the information I got from my customer service representative about them sending units to repair now. I got a new unit....after I complained.
Anyways....... YOU WILL HAVE TO PRY MY ASCENT OUT OF MY COLD HANDS WHEN I DIE :-)
The Ascent is awesome, but so is the Solo portable vaporizer, if things don't work out there are other options.

gangababa

Thanks for the welcome ..
Learned about the glass' fragility while using the metal tool to clean the first one in the unit. Since then, I only poke gently and soak in alcohol every few days....

Somewhere in the many pages above, this has already been suggested. Tooth care tools like pictured here work well for clearing the filter stem holes.

GUM-soft-picks-1024x760.jpg

Amoreena

Grown up Flower Child
... Tooth care tools like pictured here work well for clearing the filter stem holes. ...
Thanks for the helpful idea. :tup: I was just an idiot and didn't look at how the Ascent and its glass worked before starting to use it. Tore that thing up. :ugh: Now, I clear holes gently after each use and soak the glass in alcohol about twice a week.

Still only one inner glass tube out of four has big enough holes for air to flow free. I don't understand how nobody else is having problems sucking vapor, but have read no similar complaints here. Hope to enlarge a hole or two in each of the other tubes with a 3/32" Dremel bit for glass. If that doesn't work, will order one of Ed's wooden stems and use with a screen when the current glass piece breaks.

Amoreena,

Glass004

Consumer Advocate
Thanks for the helpful idea. :tup: I was just an idiot and didn't look at how the Ascent and its glass worked before starting to use it. Tore that thing up. :ugh: Now, I clear holes gently after each use and soak the glass in alcohol about twice a week.

Still only one inner glass tube out of four has big enough holes for air to flow free. I don't understand how nobody else is having problems sucking vapor, but have read no similar complaints here. Hope to enlarge a hole or two in each of the other tubes with a 3/32" Dremel bit for glass. If that doesn't work, will order one of Ed's wooden stems and use with a screen when the current glass piece breaks.
As a screen device, I have been using organic cotton on top of mixed loads of herb and glass flowers with great heating results and no particles getting in the stem. You can use this with glass stems or Eds stems. I am using with both.

Top Bottom