Aromed Healthiest Vaporizer?

Maddog

Well Im new to these forums. I am in MMA, but I do not want any tar in my lungs, because of the intense workouts. Does anyone know how good the Aromed is? I heard from sources it is the best for least toxins in the vapor (since water filter to). I am looking for the cleanest vapor possible. What are your guys opinion?

Maddog,

lwien

Excellent vape. One of the best on the market.

As far as clean vapor goes, as long as the vape doesn't have anything that could be toxic in the vapor path, and as along as you keep the temps down, you should be fine and there are a multitude of vapes that would work for you, many of which you could hit through water but with all that being said, the Aromed would be a great choice.

lwien,

stinkmeaner

I don't see how it can be any more safe than the majority of godd name brand vapes.

1st--the heating element is a lightbuld which is most likely made of quartz, aluminosilicate glass.
2nd--the company stretches the truth in claiming that the digital thermstat can read the temperate in the herb but if you have had the chance to use or atleat look at one you would see that the thermocople under the bulb.
3rd--the socket the Aromed seems like normal one from the hardware store, and the case needs to be design their own (more interesting shell) . t

stinkmeaner,

Konrad_Zuse

In my opinion the cleanest vaporizer is probably the VHW. Besides the initial vapor, it goes through water and ice, if you have an ice catcher, and maybe even some percs. IMO that would be the cleanest.

Konrad_Zuse,

Beezleb

I second the Vrip and would add the herborizer and verdamper as well as they are the same category.

When used properly, a vape will not combust thus no tar.

The Aromed is one vape I had always wanted to try.

Beezleb,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
:2c:
Any decent vape at the lower temp range will produce 'clean' vapor. The Aromed may be nice but it's not special in this regard. My sources say your sources are misinformed.

You can use a water filter with pretty much any vaporizer.

Unless you are growing your own herb and know exactly what goes in and on it from start to finish I'd be far more concerned about that if you're concerned about the 'healthiest vapor'.

Good luck. :peace:

P.S. What disciplines do you train in?

vtac,

Maddog

Thanks for the help. I used a Vaporcannon before and it was horrible. Do any of you think the Aromed is better then the vaporcannon, since they use the same way of inhalation (tube)? And to Vtac I train in Muay Thai, Kickboxing, Jujitsu (Bodu) and some San Shou. I am more of a kick boxer though than a mix martial artist. Not the best at ground game :lol:

Maddog,

Konrad_Zuse

The vaporcannon, which I have never heard of, it like a redesign of the Vaporbros vape. That was the first vape I ever used, and it is really good if you know how to use it. Very cheap and very handy, a lot of stealth to it. The aromed to me is some science fiction futuristic looking device that looks like it's used for medical iv use or something. I don't see the hype about it personally, and it's not cheap. I converted 370 Euros and that = $522.995. That's a lot of money for a vape imo.

Not trying to super bash it or anything, but I wouldn't personally purchase it. It's your choice but any normal vape will do you just fine. If you don't care about price then get a cano, because you said you don't like whips, but then again I don't see the point of a cano either it's ridiculously expensive and my extreme does bags just as good.

If you tell us what you want in terms of whip/bag/dual portable/home? Extreme hits/not so extreme.

Konrad_Zuse,

luchiano

stinkmeaner said:
I don't see how it can be any more safe than the majority of godd name brand vapes.

2nd--the company stretches the truth in claiming that the digital thermstat can read the temperate in the herb but if you have had the chance to use or atleat look at one you would see that the thermocople under the bulb.
It's not that the thermometer is under the bulb, it should be there, it's that it adjust the temperature you want to whatever the temperature is at the surface of the herb. That is a big thing if you want approximate temperatures for certain taste and certain effects without degradation.

I don't know of any vaporizer that does this. The temperature readouts are only showing what the air is supposed to be and not the herb and even then sometimes that isn't accurate.

It's important to remember the plant fibers hold heat well, especially the resin glands which the cannibinoids and other essential oils reside in and may be hotter than you think and this is important if health is a concern or if you want to have as much cannabinoids intact such as thc because what if you vape one day and wait the next day to finish it. If you vaped at a specific temperature you know the herb will still be "fresh" the next day but if you are guessing or not aproximate you will get a lethargic high due to the thc degrading to cbn from the exposure to light and heat or the taste being stale from oxidation also.

Just giving something to think about if you want something specific in a vaporizer.

luchiano,

stinkmeaner

luchiano said:
stinkmeaner said:

It's not that the thermometer is under the bulb, it should be there, it's that it adjust the temperature you want to whatever the temperature is at the surface of the herb. That is a big thing if you want approximate temperatures for certain taste and certain effects without degradation.

I don't know of any vaporizer that does this. The temperature readouts are only showing what the air is supposed to be and not the herb and even then sometimes that isn't accurate.

It's important to remember the plant fibers hold heat well, especially the resin glands which the cannibinoids and other essential oils reside in and may be hotter than you think and this is important if health is a concern or if you want to have as much cannabinoids intact such as thc because what if you vape one day and wait the next day to finish it. If you vaped at a specific temperature you know the herb will still be "fresh" the next day but if you are guessing or not aproximate you will get a lethargic high due to the thc degrading to cbn from the exposure to light and heat or the taste being stale from oxidation also.

Just giving something to think about if you want something specific in a vaporizer.
It does not know the temperature of the herb if the thermocouple is under the bulb, how could it?
The thermocouple is under the light bulb, if you take the bulb out you see it clear as day. So basically what you are buying with the Aromed is a light bulb with a digital temperature controller, plain and simple, and I am willing to bet my left nut that the Aromed gray housing itself is an off the shelf item, like a PC power supply or similar, you can see where the they have crudely bolted a ruberband onto the housing. I don't want to hurt anyones feelings but I don't feel it's worth the money. The heating design seems inefficient in the way the heat just radiates from the top, and with out a seal where the glass meets the light bulb there is way too much outside air mixing with the hot air. I am not saying it doesn't work at all but I know you don't have the heating capacity for thick rich vapor, I think the old Vaporlight model looked more efficient.

Plus for all you saftey freaks I can not see how this has the reputation of the healthiest vape when the heat source is a light bulb with connectors made of metal that is surely not stainless steel, I am not saying this vape is unsafe but if any vape had the had a reputation as the safest it should be the VHW due to the fact the vapor touches nothing but glass and it a fraction of the cost.

stinkmeaner,

Maddog

So I am getting a lot of mix results. Money is not a problem. But I do not want the volcano, as I had it before in the past. So what vaporizers are the best? I have used Vaporcannon and I used it more than once. Personal experience was that it sucked. Any other better ones? Remember, money is not a problem for me. ;)

Maddog,

Konrad_Zuse

Maddog said:
So I am getting a lot of mix results. Money is not a problem. But I do not want the volcano, as I had it before in the past. So what vaporizers are the best? I have used Vaporcannon and I used it more than once. Personal experience was that it sucked. Any other better ones? Remember, money is not a problem for me. ;)
"There is no best vaporizer." Each vape is unique and some do some things better than another one.

Konrad_Zuse,

stinkmeaner

Maddog said:
If you didn't like the Vaporcannon then you probably won't like any other whip based vaporizers so if I were you check out the Herborizer XL, they are pricey but you can use the heat injector (vaporizer part) with other glass pieces if you own any. You can also check out the Vriptech heat wand for a less expensive option.
These two are nice no-nonsense vaporizers that look to me like you wont get tired of any time soon since they mimic the practice of traditional smoking.

I know you said you won't get a Volcano but they are great for parties or sharing so maybe look at the Zephyr Ion and have two vapes since money is no object, they mentioned somewhere that they use the same pump as the Volcano, you can use both bag & whip.

stinkmeaner,

Konrad_Zuse

What was your problem with the vapor cannon? Stinkmeaner I don't think anyone can hate whip based vapes in general, but maybe. Maybe his vapecannon wasn't good.

Konrad_Zuse,

Progress

'Socratic Existentialist, MD'
Has anyone who has commented here actually used the Aromed?

It is a great unit with an all clean (glass) vapor path. It holds temperture well and gauges heat accurately.

It is relatively expensive, can be awkward to assemble/disassemble the breakable glass parts, and has a halogen bulb which will eventually fade out of the vapor range need to be replaced.

side note: I donlt know if anyone who commented here has actually used the Aromed (probably not). The DeVerdamper was suggested as a vape that is equally inert/safe as the Aromed, yet (despite how much I love it) the DeVerdamper has a nichrome wire in the airpath :rolleyes: (this comment was not the only one...just an example).

Overall, I agree that there are MANY vaporizers that are made out of materials I feel safe using and may meet your needs (the heat may have even just been too high/low on the box unit you used? :shrug: ).

If looking for the most inert airpaths, I'd recommend the Aromed, the VHW, the Glass Vape, and (once available) the Bud Toster.

You may also want to consider edibles and tinctures to eliminate the inhalation of irritants completely whenever possible.

I hope that this helps. :cool:

Progress,

Maddog

Well when I used the vaporcannon, it was at the right temperature, and I could hardly get any BIG hits like the volcano. All the hits were small. I tugged real hard to, so I don't understand why people say its so good. Hopefully the Aromed is better.

Maddog,

lwien

Maddog said:
Well when I used the vaporcannon, it was at the right temperature, and I could hardly get any BIG hits like the volcano. All the hits were small. I tugged real hard to, so I don't understand why people say its so good. Hopefully the Aromed is better.
THAT was probably the problem. You tugged too hard. Loooooong, sloooooow easy draws is what whip based vapes is all about. I do believe that you are expecting more out of the Aromed and blaming the VaporCannon, when in fact, it sounds like user error. With bag vapes, like the Volcano, it takes that user error out of the equation.

lwien,

Beezleb

Maddog said:
I will second Iwien, as you describe it, you were doing it incorrectly. With a direct draw vape you want to slowly "draw" the air over the herb slowly as to induce vaporizing. The slower the draw the more vaporizing, the faster the inhale the weaker the vapor.

It is the opposite from smoking and using a bag. I am glad you found the right vaporizer for you. Its a great thing when that happens.

Beezleb,

exdmd

I've been using the Aromed for a few weeks now and am very pleased. See my full review on another thread. I love the fact I can load it with enough herb for an evening and take tokes as needed.

exdmd,

Konrad_Zuse

Maddog said:
Yeah lol as the others said you need to take really slow really strong hits. You should be able to suck for at least 20 seconds, I've gone up to about a minute before, so yeah lol.

Konrad_Zuse,

luchiano

I received an email from Aromed and here it goes:

"Hi!

The AroMed Vaporizer is a high end medical device.
The temperature is controlled by a thermoelement (checking 200times per minute), runned by a chip/program which is especially developed for this machine.
The cover of the heating system is made of medical PTFE. The silicone hose we use is also made of medical silicone.
For further information i would ask you to wait for a further mail, given by our technical support team."

EDIT:

Just received the other email going into detail:

"First:

It does not know the temperature of the herb if the thermocouple is under the bulb, how could it?>>it CAN! The AroMed's electronic board contains a microchip that calculates out of airstream and heat data inside the heating element the temperature at the screen on which the herbs lies on, this calculation is done about 60 times a second...so the guy writing this on fuck(sic!)combustion has not the slightest notion of what is tecnically possible, or he is knowingly telling untrue things to sponsor other products...

Second:

...the Aromed gray housing itself is an off the shelf item, like a PC power supply or similar, you can see where the they have crudely bolted a ruberband onto the housing....
....The heating design seems inefficient in the way the heat just radiates from the top, and with out a seal where the glass meets the light bulb there is way too much outside air mixing with the hot air.

>>>The poor guy must have had a model to test that was last built in 1999...this had a grey housing....since 1999 the heating element is sealed by fitting exactly onto the herb holder which snap into one another....

Third:

Plus for all you saftey freaks I can not see how this has the reputation of the healthiest vape when the heat source is a light bulb with connectors made of metal that is surely not stainless steel, I am not saying this vape is unsafe but if any vape had the had a reputation as the safest it should be the VHW

>>>this tells it all: whatever the VHW is, we have never heard about that....and that we do not use safe materials is a LOL...and a big lie...we build our AroMed in Germany which has strict safety laws, which made us to undergo lots of tests.....this guy in the third point is absolutely telling lies and crap!!!!

Please understand this made me a little upset, as we are not willing to spend our precious lifetime with nonsense like this, but as a serious customer you should be informed, so thank you for coming up to us and give us the chance for a reply.

your sincerely Ralf Schrder-Babo,

be well"

luchiano,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
Beezleb said:
Maddog said:
I will second Iwien, as you describe it, you were doing it incorrectly. With a direct draw vape you want to slowly "draw" the air over the herb slowly as to induce vaporizing. The slower the draw the more vaporizing, the faster the inhale the weaker the vapor.

It is the opposite from smoking and using a bag. I am glad you found the right vaporizer for you. Its a great thing when that happens.
Maddog My best friends nickname is Maddog and hes a MMA fighter as well. Id like to say I was one too but I do it purely for exercise. Although I do have dreams of stepping in the cage and unleashing a left headkick to the dome of an opponentbut I digress

As Iwien and Beezleb both said, with whip style vaporizers, you have to hit it a certain style, which is slow and steady. Ive got relatively strong lungs, and I like to hit my vaporizer with a lot of force.

To my knowledge, the best vapes that can keep up with any inhalation style are the supreme and the vhw. I recommend these because you are health conscious and also like to take strong inhalations. Based on the other vapes I have owned and tried, none retain heat like these two which is why they are currently in rotation for me. Hope this helps.

stonemonkey55,

stinkmeaner

I still think the whole concept of the Aromed and its lightbulb is a gimick, no offense to anyone who has one but this is just my opinion. In order to truly maintain a steady temperature for vaporizing it is best to have a heat exchanger with a large mass like the PD and its stainless steel heat exhanger, the VHW with its double walled glass, or even the Supreme Vape with its aluminum heat exchanger, and one more off the top of my head is the Volcano with its large aluminum block with holes drilled for the air to pass through. All of these vapes I have mentioned don't have to be turned up to 440 degrees to get a decent cloud of vapor like the Aromed does.

stinkmeaner,
Top Bottom