Aromazap/Myrtlezap/CeramicRockZap

aero18

vaporist
Duckdown, if you want, you can ship it to me and I can ship it to your place in Canada. I live in Washington state so it won't be going cross country or anything.

I love my MZ too much. Wouldn't want other people to miss out on it!

aero18,

Rick

Zapman
Our policy of only shipping to US addresses is a survival policy. We did many global shipments in the 'old' days but our business started to grow too much. We could not keep up and also keep our sanity and a reasonable life. So we stopped global sales and any wholesale sales. That slowed us alot and brought things back to where two people could handle it reasonably.
Why not hire people and expand? We tried that for a very short time and it did not work for us. Too many small details that were our habit and were difficult to get across to others. Beginning of skip a process here or there to make more units quicker. Workers that need attention more often than not. Then there is the nature of the business and we live in Idaho. Bigger means above the radar. Not for me or Zaplady. So we settled into a decent pace, allowing other projects in our lives and then along came FC. Now we are back to ramped up but still manageable while allowing a decent life out of Zapville. Then the new storefront.....creeping up again..............
Our policy is not intended to piss anybody off but it does. We cannot help that. We are a small business and want to keep it that way for the near future. Our policy also means US customers get good attention. We have to stay focused. I also do this because it is much fun making every unique piece and getting better at it all the time. Too big takes out the fun. Life is no fun when work is no fun.
Anyway, a bit more from me on the policy of only US sales. Yes, I have made an exception or two to that policy but only with old customers from way back
Yes, I did not like a "colossal waste of time" and the underwear comments. I am either naked or in my work clothes at any time of the day. I watch very little TV and am out of the house 90% of the time, the other 9% on this PC taking care of this end of Zapville. Stoner yes, lazy no.
I am not complaining one bit. Our policy as far as non US sales go is essential for our current survival.

Last year I sent parts, info, broke down Zap bodies and everything necessary to a fellow out of Toronto to make these simple things. I have done my part to see you folks can get log vapes. I will do it again but damn, it is time for Canada and the EU to have their own log vape.
Incredible opportunity waiting.

Rick,

the ob

all good in the hood.
duckdown said:
Oh, great, only ships to US addresses..

So I guess this has been a collossal waste of time.. I have no idea why American companies do this, especially since half the weed you smoke probably comes from up north..

sigh. Thanks anyways.. Time to look for a new product

if you mean Oregon when you say "up north" then you are probably right :) I kid. kind of.

this is a joke and not meant to start a war between Oregon and Canada. I love Canada.

the ob,

mudstar

Humanist & Discgolfer
Pretty new to vaping, and I've been looking into getting a log style vape for a few weeks now, for both conservation and efficiency. Obviously I've been scoping the PD, the woodeez, and the myrtlezap, and all three seem pretty cool to me. Just wondering, is there an option with the myrtlezap to not have the butterfly bead thing? I can understand some people might like that option, but for me, the less fluff the better. Just wondering if it's an option.

Cheers,
mudstar

mudstar,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
Hi mudstar! If you go to Rick's webpage and go to the shop option, you will find the "Bare Bones Vapor Kit." This includes the Zap, wall transformer, two stock stems, and a small tin of Zapolish for $145 shipped. You can also order "a la carte" if you prefer, but that gets more expensive. The bare bones kit will certainly get you started and you can always add on a glass stem or other accessories if you are interested now or in the future.

Happy vaping! :)

momofthegoons,
Reactions: mvapes

Rick

Zapman
mudstar
mom has it right on the basic vapor kit. We will also substitute a no frills plain cup if you want the full kit. Email me if interested.
So I go see the new wood guy today. What a story! He has a patent on some sort of boat accessory that has been their bread and butter for many years. In the meantime he likes to turn wood but cannot get any good turning blocks so he now has so much damn wood everywhere it is like fantasy land. Much of it is not cured or dry. But he has much that is very dry and out of this world. I have to get my density chart and go back and see him. Much of it is still in logs. He has big bins of wood everywhere. He does not know what all of it is. He just bought out an estate sale with crates and crates of dry wood. This is going to be lots of fun and he is only an hour away! I could not get a price out of him until we found this little cubby hole with some unreal stuff, mostly walnut. So many colors and intense grain patterns and ripples. He said "this stuff is pretty expensive" and I just smiled as I piled block after block of walnut like I have never seen before on a pallet to take home. Sorry to say mom but this stuff makes yours look plain. $150 total but I'll bet there is at least 25 Zaps or more in what I brought home today.
I'll have some turned and pics in a day or two. When they pass the burn in test which I think will be a breeze since this stuff is so dry, I will put a new product up. WalnutZap unless someone comes up with a better name. I thought of WallyZap but too much like the big Wally. Walnita does not ring my bell for some reason.
We need to keep it simple(name)as there will be more wood species. Some of what he had felt like a piece of lead. no no no but what is that around the corner????? Burls burls that I did not have time to check out.
His wife was very happy he sold some wood as it is everywhere.

Rick,

Screwdriver

Risk....I want psycho trippy with a slice of insane.....

any such wood?

Sorry been using your product and just had a TB Bean Burrito minus cheese, cause that's how I roll. :D

Screwdriver,

mudstar

Humanist & Discgolfer
Rick,
Appreciate the quick reply. The new wood sounds great. I guess I'll just shoot ya am email if I decide in the next few days...Loving the community and the forum. Good people.
Cheers,
J

mudstar,

mudstar

Humanist & Discgolfer
Sorry for another question but here goes...

I know I found this somewhere, but can't seem to find it anymore... How does the density and heat retention capabilities compare between this new walnut and the cherry? Does the cherry tend to run a bit hotter or is pretty similar to the walnut? Things I guess I need to take into consideration when choosing a wood...

Cheers,
J

mudstar,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
Exciting times Rick! I do love that trippy wood! We'll just have to see where this all goes. Who knows, maybe Ms. Walnita will become someone's Christmas present and I'll have to replace her with a present of my own.... :lol:

We women can be fickle at times. We profess love at one moment, and trade in the next! :p

momofthegoons,

the ob

all good in the hood.
unbelievable news rick. so happy for you that you have so many fun new things going on there. how about zapnut? or nutzap? nutterzapper? oh its still early here.......

the ob,

stinkmeaner

I just had an idea that I thought I would share with Zap owners or any Log Vape owner that is reading this.

I know these are designed to be left on 24/7 but I am sure there are more than a few that don't have the option to do this for whatever reason like kids or family so I came up with an idea for quick heating.

Take a cool vape and plug it in, then take a heated soldering iron and place the hot end into the heat port, preferably a soldering iron with the cover removed and ceramic element exposed. The high heat of the soldering iron will bring the heat exchanger up to temperature much quicker.

Word to the wise would be to watch carefully not to overheat of burn your vape or loosen connections, an adjustable soldering iron would work best obviously.

stinkmeaner,

stinkmeaner

That would solve the problem of the forgetful human brain. If someone really wanted to be mad scientist they could hook up a regular plain old cartridge heater & Thermocouple up to a PID controller and program it to stop at a specific temperature. Sounds crazy but the items needed could be found on Ebay for $50 give or take.

EDIT: I actually was over thinking that AC TIMER, I thought you meant you could plug in the soldering iron into it so you don't overheat but after reading again I realize that was an alternative to my idea. My idea is for someone with hectic schedule that has to put his vape away/hide not for someone that has such a normal schedule that he can set an AC timer to vape at specific time.

stinkmeaner,

Rick

Zapman
Please no hot soldering iron tips in any Zap heatport. Our center tube, spacer bushing and top plate are all soldered together so I would not recommend stinks quick heatup method for Zaps. PD/WDZ attach the top plate without soldering so that should not be a problem.
We always have Zaps on so there is never a need for a quick warm up around here.
All walnut is not the same as far as density goes. Same with Myrtle and I am guessing, to a lesser degree, Cherry wood. They all seem to settle in to very close to the same temp. I also agree with others that people get better at using log vapes after some time and practice.

Rick,

stinkmeaner

I figured the heatport was brazed or welded metal from the pictures not soldered but either way as long as they had a variable temperature iron and kept it under 200 deg. Celsius it would work considering the melting point of your average lead free solder is above 215 deg. Celsius with many around 235 deg.

Like I said before the average user might need anything like this but some might have older kids running around the house that are not blind or naive to vaporizers so I just put this out there for someone that bought a Log Vape and their lifestyle has changed.

stinkmeaner,

return2heaven

hi all, i've seen people mention that they put a "koozie" on their zaps to warm them up faster?
i was wondering what exactly do you guys use?

return2heaven,

stinkmeaner

Most seem to use the Koozie to make it run at a slightly higher temp due to more insulation, a 13.5v transformer versus the 12v has also been used in this way.

stinkmeaner,

mudstar

Humanist & Discgolfer
Rick,
Thinking of ordering a zap...is a swirly ripply walnut a possibility from this new batch? Otherwise, perhaps a cherry...they all look amazing.

Also, for people that have used a 13.5v adapter for the initial burn in period, do you find this to be a necessity, or more just a personal preference. Just wondering...if I order one, I wanna be prepared when it arrives! Thanks guys, and happy vaping.

Cheers,
J

mudstar,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
Its more of a personal preference (IMO) Chances are when you get your zap you will try it 6 ways from Sunday. 12v, 13.5v, Coozie, Bong, Tooty, Tubing, on your head etc.

You will find out what combination works best for you. I know that a good portion of us have settled back on the 12v because it is adequate warm. And the 'break in' period just seems to 'happen' by the time you get your teq down on packing and hitting stems, it will be broken in and you will start to marvel at the 12v clouds. :ko:

AGBeer,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
mudstar, I have several Zaps, including one made from walnut. The original Zap that I bought was prior to the heatport change. That Zap needed the extra 13.5 in the beginning to warm up to the temp I wanted. It no longer requires it though. None of the Zaps that I purchased with the new heatport design have needed the 13.5.
There was one that was sold a little while back that didn't run as hot as it should. I can't remember who bought it. The problem with that particular Zap was a big knot in the wood that was interfering with the heating process. I have found using the 13.5 with the current heatport makes the hits too harsh. I much prefer the Zap with the 12.
That said, if money is no object and you can afford the extra $15, I guess you could get one and see for yourself. I don't feel it's necessary, however.

Edit to add that stem pack has a lot to do with the hits you are getting, as AG has said. Sometimes, people think the Zap isn't running hot enough, but actually, the stem is packed to tight. It's all about getting the technique down.

momofthegoons,

Rick

Zapman
mudstar and all
I am looking at a very ripply walnut right now with gray and red and all kinds of stuff. Pronounced ripples on 3/4 of the face. I turned two walnuts yesterday and was quickly reminded of why I did not like the first walnut blocks I did. The stuff is dirty compared to Myrtle. OMG what did I just say? My hands were not quite like I was husking green walnuts but they had a slight walnut stain. The dust hits you harder. But sweet bud of youth, this stuff is worth any extra hassle involved in working it. We had a day yesterday with other important responsibilities so Zaplady did not get a pic of the two unbored units but she will this morning and I will get something up here soon. These will all be plenty dark. They will work super for Zaps. I can tell by now just by holding a turned block. They are right in the correct weight range, not heavy at all. This stuff is very dry. Some neat reds. I can see now a future challenge. One stick has four Zaps in it. It will be a favorite, if not THE favorite. But then I have only turned blocks from two of the half dozen or so sticks I picked up Tuesday so who knows what else we will find.
Wonder if we should play a little game here on naming the Walnut? ob, your nutzapper did grab me in a way. These look like none will be in the plain jane category...............
Gimme that density chart again...............
edit for:
hmmmmmmm He also has lots of incredible Locust and I see the density is right in there. LocoZap?

Rick,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
:) I liked ob's zapnut suggestion.

This new walnut sounds amazing (dirty girl or not ;) ) I'm looking forward to seeing the pics. Not that I need any more temptation to buy another! It's going to be fun seeing the new woods you discover Rick. Certainly a lesson in never say never.

momofthegoons,

reece

I was thinking ZapNut, but that would more accurately describes some of us. And I think "nutzapper" invokes well, zapping nuts. That just makes me cringe.

I think WalnutZap, works like Myrtlezap, like LocoZap. Sweet and simple. Or, you could freak everyone out and call it Walter or Chip.

I was about to ask if you (Rick) ever came across any Zaps with red or yellow/gold hues. The timing is shaping up to be perfect. Birthday around the corner and all of this excitement at Zapville means a new Zap for me soon.

Talk about careful what you ask for. How can I justify buying a new Zap each time a different wood is available? How can I justify not buying....

One thing for sure, you gotta be thankful when one of the biggest dilemmas I have is whether or not to buy a Zap.

Yeah you right!

reece,

Rick

Zapman
I totally agree reece. I like your dilemma.
OK, these are only rough turned and rough sanded. No hand job and a very tiny amount of ZaPolish, spin shined on the lathe with my calloused old hands. I'll put a new product up soon. Hang in there and once again, sorry for the totally amateur product shots.
1stnutters002.jpg

1stnutters001.jpg

1stnutters003.jpg

Only four similar to the one on the left.

Rick,
Top Bottom