Aromazap/Myrtlezap/CeramicRockZap

Rick

Zapman
Another quickie from the old man.
We have out of town guests here for several days besides the farm going gangbusters. That change in flow keeps me away from the computer, FC and all things Zapville related. I am getting most of the Emails answered but please remind me if I missed something.

Rick,
Reactions: Vitolo

Gunky

I recently got a glass tooty without carb. This has a stainless tip. Do these guys have an insert which twists out like the brass ones or is it just one piece? Does the part with the screen slide out or no?

Gunky,
Reactions: Rick

Rick

Zapman
Jeppy, thanks so much for that vid. You demonstrate so clearly the AZ way. Slow and steady. Do not fight the airflow but go with it. Takes a little longer to fill those big lungs but they do fill with a steady steam of perfectly produced vapor to your exact liking. Looks like you are in the shop? Thanks again Jeppy.

Jeppys title, "goodnite zapville" is also fitting in a way if we look at the last week or two here at Zapville, FC Zip 69420(more realistically 42069?). I have been very quiet on FC related happenings and also quiet on the website. We took a Z break for awhile and it felt good. Like going on vacation and staying longer because it makes you feel so good.
The vacation is over now and we are back home. There could still be a day or two off soon because of out of town guests but that effect will be minimal. I will be on the lathe today with some beauties up by tonight. I have some very nice Myrtle, Cherry and Walnut on hand and will finally be opening the eye candy. I also plan on offering some of those famous Zapville package deals when we re-stock the website. No Tanqueray deals this time though. As always, I'll post here before putting anything up on the website.
I also want to again repeat, please Email me if I have not answered your recent Emails. Between spam and us gone for awhile, I am sure I missed a few Emails.

Gunky, no insert with the new Tooties. Tip is installed using a small band of silicone tubing making an interference fit between the tip in the glass. Tip is easily removable for cleaning the glass and tip. The tip also easily re-installs in the glass. We send extra silicone tubing and stem tip screens and clips with all Tooties.

Good Morning Zapville

Rick,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
I'm really liking the glass tooty I got with my CRZ. I thought it would be hard to take apart, clean and put back together but after reading about it here - was easy peasy. I'm def. getting another tooty with my next CRZ!!

Rick

Zapman
OK, we are getting back into the groove, even if it is a slow happening. Last bash with our company tonight then they head home. This is our first meeting with an online friend and business associate. We are having many good times.
In fact this is one I did in the last couple days that was claimed by our friend who happens to be our web guy. It is Myrtle Burl, my last piece of that block.
DSCF3494.jpg

DSCF3493.jpg

This was also posted today on the adhesives thread. I'll copy/paste the words and put the pic up here for all to see.
This is a Maple CRZ that was turned cross grain as you can see. I could not split it vertically with the grain. It was used 24/7 here in the shop for a few months. I replaced it for a customer due to a lateral crack. Made a good shop Zap. I have had it at 14 volts or above continuously. If you look real close, you can see the slightly darker ring in the wood about 3/8" down from the top lip of the wood. That is the only SS contact with the wood(same at the bottom of the heatport). That is where the top SS ring of the heatport rests below the top tile insulator. Once the Zap is heated thoroughly, the fit between the SS and the wood gets tighter. When removing a heatport, I often have to really bang hard to get anything to move as it is form fitted to the wood. The tile insulator is broken because I broke it to get it out. I had to break it because the fit was so tight in the wood. Reports of rattling are less than a handful since mid Sept 2011. The heatport from this Zap is already re-installed in Pats last Zap which I made in the last couple days. Ambrosia Maple, our best piece.
DSCF3492.jpg

I will also get a shot of Pats latest and last Zap, an Ambrosia Maple, later today. I am back at the lathe but I seriously doubt I will have anything new up til tomorrow mid day or so. I want to have a handful or more to put up when they do go up and I am the Turtlemaster of Zapville.

Vapinghole

Low-Temp Hempist / JedHI Master
Finally a few pics of the new VV Power cord.
Step 1, solder hot wire to positive terminal of plug.
VVpowercord002.jpg

Step 2, install heat shrink over power wire, clamp ground wire in end clamp(ground).
VVpowercord003.jpg

Step 3, install second heat shrink tubing over entire plug internal assembly.
VVpowercord004.jpg

Step 4, install factory insulating tubing and screw cover on plug. Done.
VVpowercord005.jpg

A bunch completed. Note the factory installed Zap plug for both trouble free ends on this power cord.
VVpowercord006.jpg

Rick - I just purchased/received the brushed metal Hildbrandt VVPS, and you did a great job on the cord.

You were also quick to ship, and you shipped with great care. I love this thing. It works quite well.

Thank you!! :)

Elluzion

Vapeosaurus Rex
Hey guys! I received my Camaro Yellow VV, and I plugged it into my zap and turned it on good to go but it didn't heat up? I then connected the regular 12v adapter and it heated up.. any ideas if it's the cord or the VV?

Rick

Zapman
Elluzion, did you get the VV and cord from us? Did you get instructions with it? Power plug with black cord and Zap plug at the end goes in left port and the metal tube with the vinyl tube cap which is the "switch" goes in the right port.
We have not had a bad Spartan yet that I recall at this crazy hour of the morning. Just got company off to the airport, now back to bed. Lots of food, drink and very loud music last night.

Elluzion

Vapeosaurus Rex
Elluzion, did you get the VV and cord from us? Did you get instructions with it? Power plug with black cord and Zap plug at the end goes in left port and the metal tube with the vinyl tube cap which is the "switch" goes in the right port.
We have not had a bad Spartan yet that I recall at this crazy hour of the morning. Just got company off to the airport, now back to bed. Lots of food, drink and very loud music last night.

Yeah I got the instructions and I got the combo of the VV spartan yellow & cord together from you guys, I followed everything, power plug in the left, switch on the right.

At the moment, all that is being displayed is "00.0" and no matter if I turn it on/off or unplugg it or plug in the zap, the number doesn't change. So something definitely doesn't seem right..

Midnight Toker

That is not a drug, it’s a plant.....
Looking to purchase my very first vaporizer. And after readiing through this entire thread, I felt my very first post at FC should be here. :)

The CRZ is in my top two for choices so I will be stalking the site daily.

Curious...Rick have you ever used lace or zebra wood for a zap and are they good woods for this type of application?

Hey Rick, my brother has my old myrtlezap now, and he's tried my zapubbler and loves it as much as i do. so he want's one also, but he's a big Steelers fan. He was curious if a Zapubbler could be made with a steelers colors and a logo, or helmet or something. he of course understands that if this could be done it would cost more than the standard zapubbler.
I wasn't sure if you would be willing to talk to him about it, or give us his contact info, and we will talk to him about it?

Rick

Zapman
Elluzion, Looks like you will have to send it back to us. That was the last Yellow Spartan I had in stock. I am sure we ran it for awhile but theses days my 'sureness' over past doings or not doings can get hazy. Whatever the case, we will get a good working unit in your hands. How about the little switch in the back for 220 or 110 volts? Do you have that one set right?(It should be set correctly when you get it) Maybe that slide switch is not pushed all the way? It surely should be displaying voltage even if something else is wrong. Email me and we will work out the details to get you a good unit. That is the first Spartan wh have shipped with a problem that we know of.
Midnight Toker, thanks for your first post on our thread. We do not have Zebra wood or lace. Mainly Walnut, Cherry, Myrtle, Black Locust and a scattering of others. I will be getting some more units up on the website later today.
Time for a bit of an update. Our Z break merged with an out of town company break over the last weeks. The last of the company break included a night out and some great medibles the last day. Yesterday I got to find out about the delayed effect of the medibles as Pat and I slept most of the day. I did not feel 'refreshed' until 6 last night after waking up from my second nap. I guess it takes longer to recover from such things when you get older. Anyway, that is the reason for the latest delays from Zapville. Totally surprised me as I thought I would be bright eyed and bushy tailed yesterday. I never went out of the house yesterday which is very unusual this time of the year. Maybe in the winter..........but even then there is wood to bring in every day.

So it looks like more units up will coincide with the 4th of July, 2012. I'll have to think about giving them a different prefix this time around. We appreciate all the patience during our early summer vacation from Zapville. It was fun with lots of time to think about and plan for our families future.

Stealth Grower, thanks for the bubbler comments. We think they are very cool and unique and are another "hand crafted in the Pacific Northwest" product from Zapville. As with all Zapville stuff these days, what you see is what you get. Clear glass, simple shapes, simple woods and no custom made orders of any kind. I am a simple turtle guy who can be mostly boring with our products reflecting that personality. I am also at the age I do not want to change my simple ways. I know that is not good from a business standpoint but I am a stubborn guy in that area. I also know that attitude as applied to our business must change if we want Aromazap to prosper. We have a good product and a good history of customer service but in todays world it takes more to stay alive and grow in the business world.

So, for now, no custom glass or custom wood or shipping out of the US. The Turtle master is still in charge of Zapville. The Turtlemaster also knows life is the Book of Changes.

Lo

Combustion free since '09
Man... that burly specimen is awesome!! So... After I let a bunch of folks test drive and handed out the website peeps are excited to get a CRZ and messaging me to tell me "sold out" lolol. Bet that next batch goes QUICK!!

Jeppy

Pure Vaporist
We have a good product and a good history of customer service but in todays world it takes more to stay alive and grow in the business world.
In todays economy, and with jobs so hard to come by, one would expect customer service to be 'top notch'. What I have found, is that it is.exactly the opposite! Customer service has tanked, just like the economy. I'm glad 'top notch' customer service can still be found in Zapville!

Rick

Zapman
Finally the lazy old turd got some Zaps done. Myrtle, Walnut, Cherry, Birch and Oak going up over the next couple hours. They are done 'n shot 'n edited. Just have to get them up on the website. I never realized how many hats would fit this old bald head.

Thanks for the good words Jeppy. Customer service is essential for sure. There are different levels of customer service. We are not so great at custom stuff which is also a customer service.

Thanks Lo. Word of mouth is the best advertising and is all we have ever done other than the FC Forum. We appreciate your encouraging words.

Rick

Zapman
Midnight, Our FC coupon has expired.
I will substitute one Tooty glass vapor stem for one of the two regular vapor stems we include in a Zap kit for any FC member who Emails me when they order a Zap.
I am only going to say this once, in this post.
Monetary discounts are getting difficult for us to offer but we can add an extra something special for FC members.
If a Tooty does not do it for you, a second option will be including a car adapter with the order.
So the official FC special from Zapville is a substitute Tooty OR a car adapter added to the order. You must Email me to get the special.
Thanks for asking as that was on my "to do" list.

Midnight Toker

Sounds good Rick. The CRZ I want is still in stock so I'm about to place my order. The glass tootie will be my choice and an email will be coming your way shortly once my order is placed. I'm super excited. :lol: Thanks.

ETA: Order placed and email sent. :clap:

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
Alright Midnight Toker! Always good when we can get what we want... :lol:

And by the way; welcome to the forum, and welcome to Zapville. :D

momofthegoons,

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
Midnight, Our FC coupon has expired.
I will substitute one Tooty glass vapor stem for one of the two regular vapor stems we include in a Zap kit for any FC member who Emails me when they order a Zap.
I am only going to say this once, in this post.
Monetary discounts are getting difficult for us to offer but we can add an extra something special for FC members.
If a Tooty does not do it for you, a second option will be including a car adapter with the order.
So the official FC special from Zapville is a substitute Tooty OR a car adapter added to the order. You must Email me to get the special.
Thanks for asking as that was on my "to do" list.

I'll have to remember this for later. Email you, don't go through the website. :)

Vicki,

Midnight Toker

Thanks mom and jeppy! Soon I will know exactly how the other half lives and be amongst the combustion free. I got the Myrtle and I can hardly wait for it to get here. :)

Nice catch jeppy....the Joker is the song I plucked my SN from. Thanks for the vid. That song is classic.

Top Bottom