Aromazap/Myrtlezap/CeramicRockZap

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
Lycanthrope, I have found that my new Zap runs a little too hot on the 13.5 and it does have an effect on the taste. Unbelievable that we used to think it tasted good combusting, isn't it? My bet is that you will be thinking along the lines of a glass stem somewhere down the road. ;) It makes the hits even smoother.

momofthegoons,
Reactions: mvapes

caseball2051

Yeah i think youll be interested in a stem eventually too.

I went ahead and ordered one of the short tootys. Its the perfect size i think.

Congrats on things moving forward rick, hope it continues.

caseball2051,

Lycanthrope

King Of The Loons
Ive already thought about a glass stem as I like toys too. The glass would enhance the taste aspect as well as cool down the vapor, all a plus. Another thing that I was somewhat taken back with is the complete absence of any odor. This skunk that I have stinks up an entire room just being out of the bag and laying about. Vape it and no smell, at least that I could detect. Simply amazing. :o

Lycanthrope,

caseball2051

There is definitly some smell. Ive never understood why people say there isnt. My mom can smell it down the hall from me, with my door closed, and her door closed. She said its faint, but she can. Thats with having a window open, a fan going and using some febreeze.

Unless shes got superwoman senses, there is some odor.

caseball2051,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
I think the strength of the smell depends on the herb. When I use mids, there's very little smell. When I use higher grade herb, the smell is more intense. It also depends on which vape I'm using. There is less smell with my Zap and LB than with my whip vape. Maybe because more surface area is being hit at one time? In any case, I've found the smell varies. But it's significantly less than with combusting.

And, some people are definitely able to eagle beak out the smell of herb better than others. Caseball, your mom might be one of those people. I know I was with my kids. My poor son couldn't get away with anything. ;)

momofthegoons,

caseball2051

yeah im sure theres alot of determining factors, and its much less than combustion. I would NEVER combust in my parents house, but vaping is OK with them (ish) hahahaa

caseball2051,

the ob

all good in the hood.
I think it is hard to tell about the smell when you are the one doing it. I will say that I have used my MFLB in some public places recently and no one is the wiser. also when I use my zap at home, my gf who is sitting a couple of feet from me says she cannot smell it. I have very high grade herb. I guess every situation is different.

the ob,

Screwdriver

My wife cannot detect the smell from my Zap, and that is using top grade Indica. She can smell the Indica when I open the container more then what the Zap makes.

Screwdriver,

Lycanthrope

King Of The Loons
Maybe my olfactory senses arent as acute as yours. I just couldnt smell anything. Maybe this particular strain is one of those that dont give off smell when its vaped. This MJ will give off a considerable odor however when smoked, even your hair, skin, and clothes smell. I was once told that my hearing was exceptionally sensitive to higher frequencies at low levels, but my smell may be less than optimal, I dont know for sure but it seems strange. Then theres the very small amount that the MZ uses, how much smell can be given off VS a regular joint burning. Well, smell or not, in the end its all good and I'm a happy camper thanks to the MZ and this forum. What I paid for the MZ is some of the best money Iv'e spent, allot of bang for the buck :D

Lycanthrope,

caseball2051

yeah idk. lot of factors, everyones different, every batch people buy is different.

just sharing my experiences!

caseball2051,

Rick

Zapman
Easier to do it this way. All glass ordered and paid for by this morning shipped today via first class mail and should arrive Wednesday.
We definitely smell an odor when vaping but it is more like fresh bud than anything. Nothing at all like smoke that is for sure.

Rick,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
Whats the difference between the odiferous of a vape and my farts?

Nothing - I think that everyone should enjoy both. :ko:

My vaping smells a little, you can usually tell if you come out in the room right after I hit it. Fortunately we have cats as well, so that masks the smell (for what its worth)

AGBeer,

B.

War Criminal
Also factor in how the air moves in your house. I live in a very small apt, and much of the year I don't use heat or air conditioning and when the windows are closed the air sits...then the smell lingers a bit more. With windows open or air/heat circulating, smell dissipates quickly.

B.,

Lycanthrope

King Of The Loons
I tried my MZ last night using the 12 V instead of the 13V. It worked very well, just a lower vapor density for the first hit compared to the 13V. I still got an amazing 5-hits of one full stem packed on the tight side rather than loose. The last hit was still visible in a light path but very wispy. I did two stem fulls and got the same result. I think that I have the stem packing and slow draw techniques down pretty well. Ill keep practicing with slightly different versions of those techniques to see if I can improve. Im pretty happy with what Im getting right now. :D
The 3-inch 2-piece rosewood grinder that I purchased from Ed's TnT works pretty well for grinding to the correct size for my MZ. The size of grind seems to be small enough to be producing the good vapor clouds and number of hits that I have been getting. I cant complain about that grinder. I dont pack it full or tight, just a few small 3/8 to 1/2 inch pieces grind it up and if necessary do it over again to get the amount of herb that I want at that time. I think that the durability issues associated with some of the wood grinders may be associated with the amount of herb that is placed for grinding. Trying to grind up too much at a time can lead to failure of the steel pins. Smaller amounts do not put a strain of the grinding pegs and should work well for some time.

Lycanthrope,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
Screwdriver, I love how you have incorporated your personal Zaps into your signature. Very nice. :tup:

Lycanthrope, it sounds as if you are on the right track. I'm a firm believer that one should have many many bonding sessions with their Zap! I'm glad you haven't had any troubles learning the stem pack, etc. ;)

ob, maybe the clear ones can just be the Tooty's and the colored ones the TootyFrooties?

momofthegoons,

Screwdriver

momofthegoons said:
Screwdriver, I love how you have incorporated your personal Zaps into your signature. Very nice. :tup:
Thanks.....I have to take more pics soon since the light one is getting really "trippy" looking with additional coats of Zappolish. The slight grain is becoming more pronounced....and has a really cool 3D effect when moved around in the light.

Screwdriver,

B.

War Criminal
I know that 3d effect. It's soo cool.

Got my tooties today. Cooler, smoother, bigger clouds than the old stem. Well worth it. Buy some now.

I can't wait for the Zapglass to start picking up steam, I would like to see some nice colorful worked stems.

B.,

Rick

Zapman
Short clear and colored Tootys being picked up today. Also a few Planejanes with a carb hole burned in a handy spot. Should have a pic later tonight or tomorrow. An afternoon trip to town because it is pukey rainy here again. Worst June for that anyone can ever remember. Best winter the same(never had one like it).

Rick,

jordon23

I got my tooty yesterday. It's beautiful and gives huge cool clouds. I can't wait to try one of the plane janes with a carb.

jordon23,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
Sigh.....a carb huh? I've got a feeling that this whole vape experience is spiraling out of control for me! Now I want one of those too! :lol:

momofthegoons,

the ob

all good in the hood.
caseball2051 said:
cant wait to complete my order. bought a nice box for all of my Zap stuff today when I visited Amman
so jealous. I still cannot find the perfect box.

the ob,

Rick

Zapman
No pic til later when I get the inserts in the glass.
Really no pic needed as what we got this time were a bunch of plain short Tootys and a handful of short colored Tootys. We have also progressed a little with different prices for different pieces so I can order quickly. There will be a basic (different)color array(B) and more and intense color(C) on some plus of course the clear ones(A). The price differential to me means I stay the same with my price on everything for now except move up to $39 on the C's(more color). They will all be in the 6-7 inch range. We can go shorter but the price goes up because he must totally change how he does it all. Has to do with the relationship between heat and ones hands, no matter how good the glove.
So now a FC Fathers day special from AZ/MZ. I am only going to post this once because I really should not do this as we are plenty busy and have a sons wedding in a week but here it is.

Lets call it the "Fathers Day Old Stubby" offered until I say stop which may be soon or never.
For $150 total here is what you will get:

1) Old wood(stored 40 years at least) MyrtleZap Stubby. These are only about 1/4 inch shorter than standard height, coming in right at 4 inches. They are also a bit fatter than stock. All of course have the latest RoHS lead free heatport with 20% more mass than the old design.
2) two standard vapor stems
3) standard 12 volt wall adapter
4) car adapter
5)Hand crafted Aroma flower with dragonfly and a small vial of essential oil
6) Small tin of ZaPolish
7) Length of food grade tubing that fits our stems
8) so so instructions
and 9), my favorite number. One clear short glass Tooty with two removable tips.
Maybe I left something out but for $5 bucks more than our regular price, you get a guaranteed old wood Myrtle and a short plain Tooty with two tips plus all the regular stuff.
Email me if interested and I will send you a click to pay invoice. These will be at least a week out to ship as I still have orders well into next week.
I also have a few long Planejanes with a carb hole if there is any interest.
Caseball, I'll get that invoice out this weekend now that I have the goods.
Edit for:
Curious about the consensus on the carb hole on the PlaneJanes. I am thinking of just taking them all back for a carb hole. Or most of them? Only a few? I mean you gotta hold the damn tube anyway, why not a carb hole?

Rick,
Top Bottom