Aromazap/Myrtlezap/CeramicRockZap

mnmlh

aero18 said:
mnmlh, I love how your MZ looks like a topographic map... really neat.
Thanks, I agree. That was the first thing I thought of when I pulled it out of the box!

B. - it's 9" tall. Small case.

mnmlh,

mnmlh

Yeah, if you look in the third pic, I threw one in there. I'm sure a different configuration could make room for all kinds of things, but this seemed like the best one for my purposes. The area that holds the AC adapter could probably be a place for a jar or grinder. Just mainly want to keep my MZ from getting scuffed and dented while in transit, along with protecting the EHLE of course, which I just freaking love.

mnmlh,

MoeOnTheMoon

Medical Marijuana Activist
Company Rep
I gotta get one of those cases. I currently have my bong wrapped up in a towel when I'm not using it, and put inside an old cloth briefcase with some of my other paraphernalia. It's safe enough in there, but yours is way cooler! :cool:

MoeOnTheMoon,

MoeOnTheMoon

Company Rep
Okay, for those of you who want to use tubing and a bong to filter the vapor, and want to connect via a tube instead of holding the MZ upside down on the bong itself, I think I have it sorted out now.

I had ordered some blue tubing from McMaster.com and when I got it, it was very stiff and creased when bent. Then I realized that I had ordered FIRM instead of SOFT.

So I called them and explained that I was dumb and ordered 4 ft of firm instead of 4 ft of soft and asked if the softer version would not crease. She said it was very soft so shouldn't crease. I gather she means that it could crease but probably would not under normal circumstances. So I'll have to wait and see. The soft silicon I have used before never creased, so I assume this will be the same now that I am getting the soft instead of the firm.

So this is what I ordered:
To fit over my MZ stem, I ordered #5236k45 . Ordering from their catalog page can be a little tricky if you're not careful (i.e; maybe order before you get vaked ;) ), or call them on the phone and order and just make sure you are getting SOFT not firm, 1/2" Inner Diameter and 1/16" thick.

I will report back here if this does not work but I'm almost certain this will be the right one based on what someone in another thread told me.

I wanted to say that McMaster is a very good company, with good customer service. I got my order before in about 3 days and they only charged me $4.50 shipping (they charge based on actual shipping cost, not some arbitrary cost).

Also, when I told the woman on the phone that I simply ordered the wrong item - it was clearly my own fault - she said she'd replace it with the right product anyway. I also ordered 10 feet of 1/4" tubing because I think I might actually like it better when I connect to my launch box elbow stem coming out of the MZ stem and then to a glass adaptor I have on the other end that fits 1/4" tubing. So as to which is better for me, I will find out.

The 1/4" ID tubing is a min. order of 10 feet for 91 cents a foot I think, and the 1/2" inner diameter that fits over the MZ stems is $1.35/foot and you can buy as little as 1 foot.
http://www.mcmaster.com/#5236k45/=5gkodv

MoeOnTheMoon,

lwien

Ok, I'm trying to understand the rationale here. Why use tubing?

Please understand. I'm not challenging your decision to go this route, I'm just trying to get some insight 'cause if there's anything that I am missing out on by holding my vape over the stem, I'd like to know what it is 'cause the way I see it, not having any extra tubing eliminates some of the condensation that occurs. I just fail to see the upside of using tubing with the MZ when mating to a bong.

lwien,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
You can have both the bong and the unit sitting flat. So all you have to do is tip the bong in your direction.
However, one would think that there would be some vapor left inside the tubing between the stem and the bong after a hit?
I mean you can't clear a tube that has a stem with a full bowl stuck in it without a bit of effort. The Bong can be cleared, but that still leaves the space inside the tubing.

DevoTheStrange,

lwien

DevoTheStrange said:
You can have both the bong and the unit sitting flat. So all you have to do is tip the bong in your direction.
But why is that important? Tipping the bong or holding a vape upside down. Doesn't seem like too much work either way. Just seems like the cons such as the clearing issue and the condensation issue as well as the hassle of procuring the correct tubing far outweighs any benefits, of which I really can't see any. I guess if it's just a matter of personal preference. I'll just let it go, but I was looking for some practical issues of the use of tubing versus no tubing.

lwien,

Beezleb

I believe its safe to say that the amount of weed that ends up in condensation is indistinguishable in regard to feeling/sensing it on a per use basis.

If I was looking at the issue I would want the tubing as to reduce the risk of dropping the vape and/or bong. At worse perhaps some spillage to worse breakage.

That is really the only practical side of it that I can see as I do not believe using a tube or not using a tube affects the outcome sensation from a performance perspective. I would imagine the tube would also make a better seal as it would be more stable but not sure that would really matter either in relation the end result.

Just my 2cents as I was swinging by the thread.

Beezleb,

aero18

vaporist
Beezleb said:
I believe its safe to say that the amount of weed that ends up in condensation is indistinguishable in regard to feeling/sensing it on a per use basis.

If I was looking at the issue I would want the tubing as to reduce the risk of dropping the vape and/or bong. At worse perhaps some spillage to worse breakage.

That is really the only practical side of it that I can see as I do not believe using a tube or not using a tube affects the outcome sensation from a performance perspective. I would imagine the tube would also make a better seal as it would be more stable but not sure that would really matter either in relation the end result.

Just my 2cents as I was swinging by the thread.
The MZ isn't a heavy unit so I don't see any real risk of dropping the vape or the bong...

I see using tubing as causing additional unnecessary drag.

Oh, well, I guess if you have a GONG attachment, clearing the tube would be easier than taking the hot stem off of the down stem. I leave the vapor stem in there anyways, so for me there isn't any practical benefit. I guess that if you go this route than you could argue that the tube is useful.

aero18,

lwien

Beezleb said:
Man, I don't see it as any riskier or safer either way, unless of course, I had some kind of condition that would affect my ability to grasp objects. The connection between the vape and the bong with a tube could just as easily cause a balance issue with the bong falling over, especially if there is no water or ice to weigh it down.

Other than the "perception" of increased safety, are there any other reasons?

lwien,

lwien

aero18 said:
Oh, well, I guess if you have a GONG attachment, clearing the tube would be easier than taking the hot stem off of the down stem. I leave the vapor stem in there anyways, so for me there isn't any practical benefit. I guess that if you go this route than you could argue that the tube is useful.
I clear it by just lifting up on the downstem, like Vtac did in that vid when he was hitting the PD thru the EHLE.

lwien,

aero18

vaporist
lwien said:
aero18 said:
I clear it by just lifting up on the downstem, like Vtac did in that vid when he was hitting the PD thru the EHLE.
Yeah you can do that, but that poses a risk to the downstem. If you lift it from a bad angle, you risk breaking the downstem.

aero18,

mflores213

Rick said:
mflores213
Just sent this to you via Email. The gang will get a kick out of it so will copy/paste it:

Outside air in S California!!!!!!! Give me a break! No Problemo!
All kidding aside, we live in North Idaho and we are having a very mild warm winter. Today it even got to 40, which is very warm. We have Zaps everywhere and they all work fine. In the drafty house, in the shop. So they will do fine down there. Like....do you even get DOWN to 40? Ever?
I used to live in the Bay area and Santa Cruz(50's. 60's).
Green LED it is.

You guys have it TOASTY down there. Do you even get a frost, ever? We had 10-12F for days in December.
It really is a nice winter though. No snow. Frost out of the ground.
BTW, welcome to FC, mflores123.
aero18, I'll send 'er out tomorrow, whatever on your end.
Even Zaplady spoke of some glass tonight. It's a good thing.
What can I say don't really leave cali much only been to nevada, n lived in arizona for 8 months then moved to cali cuz that summer ain't playing.

Other than that im hella excited havent hit a vapo since my brothers volcano!

Thanks for the Welcome Sir Rick

mflores213,

MoeOnTheMoon

Company Rep
lwien said:
Ok, I'm trying to understand the rationale here. Why use tubing?

Please understand. I'm not challenging your decision to go this route, I'm just trying to get some insight 'cause if there's anything that I am missing out on by holding my vape over the stem, I'd like to know what it is 'cause the way I see it, not having any extra tubing eliminates some of the condensation that occurs. I just fail to see the upside of using tubing with the MZ when mating to a bong.
In my case it's simply because Rick told me that holding it upside down/at an angle might eventually damage my unit; and, because I like the idea of being able to just stick the stem on the MZ and pick up my bong, no moving the MZ around which might cause me to drop it at some point. The extra tubing may also give a little more cooling, though with a bong this is not really necessary.

I think someone posted in the PD /tubing thread that they found it hit better with the tube. I am skeptical about that claim but I'm pretty sure someone did make that claim.

MoeOnTheMoon,

lwien

MoeOnTheMoon said:
In my case it's simply because Rick told me that holding it upside down/at an angle might eventually damage my unit....
Rick, is this true, and if so...........why? I'm only holding my Vape upside down while I'm hitting it, which is just about 10 seconds at a time. How could this possibly damage the vape?

lwien,

mnmlh

For me, tubing allows the MZ to sit flat on my desk, and I can hold the bong in my lap and just rip off it, while leaving the MZ, with stem inserted in it for the course of my vape session. It's the way I like to do it -chain vape a few and then put it away for a while. If I wanted to vape more sporadically, I'd bypass the glass altogether and use about 6" of tubing on the end of the stem. I'd say that's an 80-90% improvement over "stock" and the glass might take you the extra 10% in the MZ being all that it can be. I like the way the tubing improves the whole experience so much, I wish I could just cut up the rest of it into 6" sections and send them out to whoever wants some in this thread. Maybe I can just send it to Rick, and he can deploy some (for anonymity reasons, and confirmation of real zap customers as the only recipients.)

mnmlh,

mnmlh

lwien said:
MoeOnTheMoon said:
In my case it's simply because Rick told me that holding it upside down/at an angle might eventually damage my unit....
Rick, is this true, and if so...........why? I'm only holding my Vape upside down while I'm hitting it, which is just about 10 seconds at a time. How could this possibly damage the vape?
If I remember, that was with the assumption that people were not holding it in place, supporting the weight.

mnmlh,

reece

mnmlh said:
lwien said:
MoeOnTheMoon said:
If I remember, that was with the assumption that people were not holding it in place, supporting the weight.
Yep. Moe's picture showed the Zap sitting unsupported in the bong. Rick thought the Zap would sit upside down that way for prolonged periods.

reece,

lwien

reece said:
mnmlh said:
lwien said:
Yep. Moe's picture showed the Zap sitting unsupported in the bong. Rick thought the Zap would sit upside down that way for prolonged periods.
Yeah, that's what I thought. So Moe, it doesn't hurt the vape when you hold it upside down. Its when you leave it resting on the stem that could pose some problems.

lwien,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
I forgot what I was originally going to post.

Something along the lines of - my Zap fucking rocks... Its beautiful... 13.5 = Zapped clouds while remaining silly efficient.

Then I... What was I talking about? :brow:

AGBeer,

MoeOnTheMoon

Company Rep
lwien said:
reece said:
mnmlh said:
Yeah, that's what I thought. So Moe, it doesn't hurt the vape when you hold it upside down. Its when you leave it resting on the stem that could pose some problems.
Oh, in that case, I misunderstood. I never used the MZ with it tilting off the bong like in the photo, I just took the photo that way.

But I still like using the tubing because it prevents me from picking up the MZ and possibly dropping it.
I use it on my desk and so it's just easier for me to tilt my bong towards me and take a hit than it is to pick up the MZ and sit it on top of the bong. I think there is some potential for dropping the MZ but that's not really the reason.
Bottom line: There is no compelling reason that I do it. I think some of us just like using the tubing, for various personal reasons.

If one gets the 1/2" soft blue tubing you can cut some up into 6"-10" pieces like MNMLH said, and use those for extending the stem to get a little extra cooling of the vapor. Sometimes I do use the MZ "native" just inhaling direct on the stem. But when I know I'll be using it over a few hours, I will hook up my bong and tubing and that's what I call "stylin'". :D

MoeOnTheMoon,

lwien

MoeOnTheMoon said:
I think there is some potential for dropping the MZ but that's not really the reason.
Bottom line: There is no compelling reason that I do it. I think some of us just like using the tubing, for various personal reasons.
That got a chuckle. Just the phrasing got me......lol :)

Thanks for the feedback, Moe.

lwien,

MoeOnTheMoon

Company Rep
lwien said:
MoeOnTheMoon said:
I think there is some potential for dropping the MZ but that's not really the reason.
That got a chuckle. Just the phrasing got me......lol :)

Thanks for the feedback, Moe.
I knew that was going to be interpreted humorously by someone. :uhoh:
:lol:

MoeOnTheMoon,
Top Bottom