Aromazap/Myrtlezap/CeramicRockZap

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
mnmlh said:
So, I ordered up a bunch of stuff over the past few days. I got a 100ml EHLE from EDIT and the appropriately sized silicon tubing from usplastic.com. I sourced a few adapters at a local head shop, so I will make it over there for a test fitting once the tubing gets here. To contain and protect all this stuff I picked up a hard camera case on Amazon for $13.99 http://tinyurl.com/yhhs2pc which will look something like this when open.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51i-PG-pilL._SL500_AA280_.jpg
I should be able to make a nice space for the EHLE and my MZ, plus power adapter.

Then I got a perfectly sized wooden box that I am going to divide sections inside for lots of other related accessories. Getting organized over here. :lol:
that is what I ended up doing, got me a pelican case and made it too where all my vaporizers and accessories fit into it nicely... although my case as $100 compared too the 14 you paid.

DevoTheStrange,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
DevoTheStrange said:
now if thread was about just compiling ticks and trips for the Myrtlezap then it more than likely will stay where it is... this thread is asking a question about the MZ not compiling tips and tricks, this would done better in ASK FC.
if you want one for new "MZ Tips and Tricks", start one in the Vaporizer Discussion one that way.
I second this motion. I know we have the PD tips and tricks, and I often find myself visiting threads of this nature (even the WDZ threads) they ALL provide excellent information. It just kind of sucks that I have to paruse through 3 different threads (sometimes)

Is there an 'easy way' maybe adding more tips and tricks to the Vaporpedia?
I was thinking about this too. There is a whole section on the PD in the Vaporpedia, but limited (see NO) information on the AZ/MZ and or WDZ as well :)

AGBeer,

mnmlh

DevoTheStrange said:
although my case as $100 compared too the 14 you paid.
I was shocked at the price of the one I ordered. We will see how it turns out. Being that all of the things I would be putting in it won't even cost as much as a low quality camera lens, it should do the trick. I needed a way to just be able to move my whole setup from my office to my living room easily, and be able to stow everything in a moments notice, like when unexpected guests knock on my door. Then there is being able to have everything protected while traveling - it just makes a lot of sense for me to do something like this.

mnmlh,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
Yeah my case is only for traveling. However it is set up too travel with every vape I own, and their accessories. the thing with the case I bought though is I can actually toss my case a pretty good distance without any damage too the case or the glassware kept inside the case.

DevoTheStrange,

mnmlh

DevoTheStrange said:
Yeah my case is only for traveling. However it is set up too travel with every vape I own, and their accessories. the thing with the case I bought though is I can actually toss my case a pretty good distance without any damage too the case or the glassware kept inside the case.
I should also add that I am the clumsiest person known to man while high. There is no way in hell I'm putting my MZ on top of a stem sticking out from a large piece of glass. We're not talking about just breaking shit here - I go all the way and somehow manage to cut myself.

edit: EDIT just emailed and the EHLE is on it's way. Woooo!

mnmlh,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
you should see me with glass... I am surprised I haven't shattered my RooR yet.
I think thats why i don't buy anything larger than what I have... I knock bongs over.

DevoTheStrange,

FEAR420

AGBeer said:
DevoTheStrange said:
now if thread was about just compiling ticks and trips for the Myrtlezap then it more than likely will stay where it is... this thread is asking a question about the MZ not compiling tips and tricks, this would done better in ASK FC.
if you want one for new "MZ Tips and Tricks", start one in the Vaporizer Discussion one that way.
I second this motion. I know we have the PD tips and tricks, and I often find myself visiting threads of this nature (even the WDZ threads) they ALL provide excellent information. It just kind of sucks that I have to paruse through 3 different threads (sometimes)

I was thinking about this too. There is a whole section on the PD in the Vaporpedia, but limited (see NO) information on the AZ/MZ and or WDZ as well :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ug6-2oUo4lo

I think I got it now ;) :nod:

FEAR420,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
AGBeer said:
DevoTheStrange said:

yeah... that would make sense... being that all three are similar in operation. Might be just some slight tweeks of use in each model, but they all pretty much use the same mode of operation.
an AZ/WDZ/PD tips and trick page.
Would have too be careful though, don't want too have that thread turn into a mosh pit, some heads will butt occasionally.

DevoTheStrange,

mnmlh

FEAR420 said:
I think I got it now ;) :nod:
It appears so! I decided to document a stem's worth over the course of 4 hits.

---

1st hit

2nd hit

3rd hit

4th hit

I got 3 more usable hits after this. I've gotten much bigger clouds off drier herb fwiw, but this should give people a good idea of what to expect. So, 7 hits per stem (for me.) This was not packed tightly at all. As loose as possible while still having a decent amount in there.

mnmlh,

MoeOnTheMoon

Medical Marijuana Activist
Company Rep
mnmlh said:
So, I ordered up a bunch of stuff over the past few days. I got a 100ml EHLE from EDIT and the appropriately sized silicon tubing from usplastic.com. I sourced a few adapters at a local head shop, so I will make it over there for a test fitting once the tubing gets here. To contain and protect all this stuff I picked up a hard camera case on Amazon for $13.99 http://tinyurl.com/yhhs2pc which will look something like this when open.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51i-PG-pilL._SL500_AA280_.jpg
I should be able to make a nice space for the EHLE and my MZ, plus power adapter.

Then I got a perfectly sized wooden box that I am going to divide sections inside for lots of other related accessories. Getting organized over here. :lol:
mnmlh, great idea with the padded box! I like it! Thanks for the link to silicon tubing, I've been wondering where to get that. I'm using what I could get locally which is food grade vinyl, but I want to replace it with silicon.

MoeOnTheMoon,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
Me likey where this thread is heading.
:) It gives me a vakey warm feeling to see so many Zappers enjoying their zappy zaps.
Damn I must be zapped too LOL

AGBeer,

MoeOnTheMoon

Company Rep
mnmlh, can you tell me which silicon you bought at usplastic.com?
I see 5 types there, not sure which to buy? Is all silicon "safe" (non-carcinogenic, etc.) to run vapor through, or does it have to be of a certain type?
Here's the 5 types:
http://www.usplastic.com/catalog/default.aspx?catid=799&parentcatid=856

Also, which diameter did you buy and how are you connecting it? Are you connecting it over the outside of the stem or using an adaptor? I found a little rubber adaptor that fits around the outside of the stem and then allows me to use a smaller inner-diameter food grade vinyl tube (that I already had).

Questions to the forum:
1) Is food grade vinyl less safe then silicon? Something tells me it is, I just don't like the whole idea of "vinyl".
2) Is a big tube that fits around the outer diameter of the stem better or worse than a smaller inner-diameter tube that fits to the stem with an adaptor? Would a bigger diameter tube require more lung power? I've never used tubing before now, so am not really familiar with the physics of it.
Thanks for any and all opinions on this.

p.s. I hope these discussions of water-adapting are appropriate here. If not, maybe we should have a MZ/Water filtration thread. I see there is a PD/water one and have posted there as well, but I admit to feeling a little squeamish posting about the MZ over there... don't wanna start any arguments...
Consensus?

MoeOnTheMoon,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
I run boiling wort through my silicon lines when I brew. (They be special ones)
When it comes time to rack my beer it goes through (you guessed it) vinyl tubing into the keg. Even the CO2 line running from the tank and into my kegs are vinyl (as well as the serving lines)

I know that there is quite a bit of discussion of 'off flavors' being leeched from some vinyl but this is usually the case for tubing that wasnt meant for applications in which something to be consumed internally. (i.e. not food grade approved) I would venture to say that the temperature of vaping is nowhere near enough to leech any nasties from vinyl.

Try the 3/8" silicon tubing. Its not transparent, but Id be willing to bet the diameter is spot on. Ill try it when I get home.

EDIT - 1/2" is where its at.

AGBeer,

MoeOnTheMoon

Company Rep
mnmlh, I forget (and don't want to go back searching), Did you already hook up your water pipe to the MZ? I'm wondering how the 1/2" ID connects to your water pipe? It's a 14mm GonG, no?

So, if I order a 1/2 inner diameter silicon tube, it will fit over the MZ stems and fit tight enough inside a 14mm GonG, right? Is that how you do it, just slide the 1/2" tube into the GonG until it's tight?

This is apparently about the best price on silicon tubing:
http://www.mcmaster.com/#51845k61/=5d2bxp

Still kinda pricey with the shipping, though. I wonder if a medical supply place would sell it to me?

MoeOnTheMoon,

aero18

vaporist
Rick, I couldn't find any link on the site for the ZAPolish. How much does it costs and how much do you get?

Also, are there different types? One lemon scented and another lavender scented?

EDIT: How often have people put on their butter and what are your methods?

I slather it up when it is nice and warm and 'buffer' it with my finger. I don't wipe off any excess oil. Throughout the day, as the oil seeps in, I spread around the excess butter. This way, I can bring the oil to the warmer parts that get particularly dry and build a sort of gradient in 'yellowness.' I've noticed that the wood has gotten a little bit more golden after consecutive coatings (on the third coating of zapolish!).

I really like the golden color that it is getting.

aero18,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
MoeOnTheMoon said:
mnmlh, I forget (and don't want to go back searching), Did you already hook up your water pipe to the MZ? I'm wondering how the 1/2" ID connects to your water pipe? It's a 14mm GonG, no?

So, if I order a 1/2 inner diameter silicon tube, it will fit over the MZ stems and fit tight enough inside a 14mm GonG, right? Is that how you do it, just slide the 1/2" tube into the GonG until it's tight?

Still kinda pricey with the shipping, though. I wonder if a medical supply place would sell it to me?
Here is the answer for you :) At least on half of your question.

CIMG0445.jpg

This is my wonderful MZ tube with a piece of 1/2"id silicon tubing on it.
http://www.austinhomebrew.com/index.php?cPath=178_59_549&osCsid=4394d03e797f93eaf8c3540c75feb252

Is where I get it from. (As well as other stuff) :p
This may be an easier alternative for those looking for tubing. GL!

AGBeer,

Rick

Zapman
aero18
We do have lavender and lemon scent ZaPolish. We include a small tin with each order and sell 2 oz tins for $7 total. Contact us via Email if interested.
Life is the book of changes. Who knows what the next chapter offers?

Rick,

max

Out to lunch
MoeOnTheMoon said:

$5.94/ft. is high. 1/2" ID Silcon (that's SILCON brand) tubing from US Plastic is under $2.50/ft. for 3/4" OD and a little over $1/ft for 5/8" OD.

max,

MoeOnTheMoon

Company Rep
AGBeer said:
MoeOnTheMoon said:

Here is the answer for you :) At least on half of your question.

http://i886.photobucket.com/albums/ac61/AGBeer_Vape/CIMG0445.jpg

This is my wonderful MZ tube with a piece of 1/2"id silicon tubing on it.
http://www.austinhomebrew.com/index.php?cPath=178_59_549&osCsid=4394d03e797f93eaf8c3540c75feb252

Is where I get it from. (As well as other stuff) :p
This may be an easier alternative for those looking for tubing. GL!
So the austinhomebrew.com price of $2.10/foot for silicon is very good; but they charge $8/per order for shipping. It must cost actually cost less than $2 to ship, say, 4 feet of silicon, so they're really gouging you on the shipping. So 2 feet would cost $4.20 + $7.99 = $12.19. That's 1/2" inner diameter Silicone hose. 3/4" outer diameter.

That said, it may still be cheaper than other companies, I'm still researching...

Okay, I'm going to break this all down, now:
USPLASTIC: (http://www.usplastic.com/catalog/item.aspx?itemid=36291&catid=799)You have to buy a min. of 10 feet. But their per foot price is only $1.15. So, Silcon Tubing: 1/2" ID x 5/8" OD x 10 = $11.50 + $9.30 shipping = $20.80. This is probably the best per foot price, even including shipping, but I really don't want 10 feet of silicon tubing, I only want 2 or 4 at most. Note that this is only 1/16" thick as opposed to 1/8" thick at the above Austinhomebrew site.

mcmaster.com has this blue semi-transparent tubing for only $1.82 a foot and it's FDA approved. I don't see anything wrong with this one, do you? It says it can handle temps up to 392 degrees so that should cover it, right?

So anyway, at mcmaster.com they only charge $5 for shipping and you can order as little as 2 feet or 10 feet of tubing for the same shipping price, and that's east coast or west coast according to the woman I spoke with on the phone because they can ship via CA or NJ. So unless you're out in the middle of the country, it should be the same $5 shipping. May be the same everywhere. Call to make sure; as it does not appear on their web site until you fill out your credit card info.

So the mcmaster price for this blue tubing would be : $1.82/foot for High-Temperature Silicone Rubber Tubing Firm, 1/2" ID, 5/8" OD, 1/16" Wall Blue. So 2 feet would cost $3.64 + $5 shipping = $8.64. So this looks like the best deal, though note it is only 1/16" thick (which should be plenty, I think). Also, it's BLUE to compliment the light! :cool: And you can order 1 foot or 10 feet for the same shipping charge. I like this deal because I'd rather buy 4 feet and cut it in half to have an extra one for when I'm cleaning the other one.

By the way, they do have the 1/8" thick as well, for $3.41/foot. My thinking is that the thicker tubing is not needed and will only make the tube less flexible. Any difference of opinion on this?
The blue 1/8" wall tubing would then cost $6.82 for 2 feet plus $5 shipping = $11.82 - still a little cheaper than Austinhomebrew, so it's a toss up as to which company you like, and if you want the blue tube or the white one as in AGBeer's photo.

Here's the link to the 1/16" wall blue silicon tubing:
http://www.mcmaster.com/#51135k38/=5dhy8u
Choose BLUE in the drop down menu and choose "Specifications" down below that, to see the picture and read the specs.

MoeOnTheMoon,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
Yeah, I guess you do have to take into account that the $7.99 for shipping is for all orders regardless of weight. I didnt think about the fact that chances are you folk would be ordering just that :p

Another thing you *might* want to try is if you have a local homebrew shop in your area, you might be able to pick it up from them locally.

AGBeer,

MoeOnTheMoon

Company Rep
AGBeer said:
Yeah, I guess you do have to take into account that the $7.99 for shipping is for all orders regardless of weight. I didnt think about the fact that chances are you folk would be ordering just that :p

Another thing you *might* want to try is if you have a local homebrew shop in your area, you might be able to pick it up from them locally.
Yeah, a lot of sites are like that - they have a great deal on one-price-fits-all shipping if you're ordering something heavy but you get screwed if you order something light.

Thanks for reminding me to check home brew places around here.

After making about 10 calls including medical supply places and the only home brew place nearby, I give up. The med places didn't sell in small quantities and/or didn't have silicon tubing, and the home brew place sells only vinyl which is what I am replacing. Vinyl is probably fine, I just don't trust it. I should probably just stick with it but... No.

I'm ordering from mcmaster.com today unless someone convinces me otherwise. I like the idea of the blue silicon.

MoeOnTheMoon,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
Id say order away from MMC. I would be willing to bet vapes to vah-jay-jays that a good portion of the HBSs buy from them as well.

They are the first in line when it comes to buying o-rings (in bulk) for rebuilding our kegs, so I would imagine that the tubing comes from them as well.
That blue tubing sounds kinda neat too!

AGBeer,
Top Bottom