Aromazap/Myrtlezap/CeramicRockZap

Nycdeisel

TheDude, all pine is soft wood as is Cedar, Redwood, Myrtle Burl and most other conifer trees. We will be experimenting with different woods in the near future.
Here is the Blue Pine Hutch I made for Pat a few years back. Many colors in Blued Pine wood. The Bluing is actually a type of decomposition of the wood that happens after the tree is down, as is much coloring in wood.
BPhutch.jpg

And here is a long overdue Classic Black Locust that should ship tomorrow. This one did not go on the website. In this wood we see the classic depth of grain in much Black Locust. As with all CRZs, it is much funner to look at when held in the hand. These girls do like to be felt up.
EDIT: I just edited the images to look a bit more realistic.

ClassicBL2-1.jpg

ClassicBL3-1.jpg

ClassicBL-1.jpg

i HAD NO IDEA THIS WAS MINE
this is mine right?

:lol:
:wave:

Rick

Zapman
I've got another to get up, then some more tomorrow but for now we are overloading our server it seems. I cannot get into our website at the current time.
Next time I won't say anything till I get my work done.
Sorry about that. Too many hits, too quick.
The glass stem is nice. Definitely adds pull and cool.

Edit: We're good. That's it for tonight. More tomorrow but probably no more Ambrosia Maple for awhile. We are very limited on that wood.

Rick,
Reactions: DannyVi

Jeppy

Pure Vaporist
This is nowhere near a review,,,just a first thought on my new Zap. First I will say "thank you" to it's maker, Rick for making it for me.:bowdown: I am very appreciative. I love it. It's solid.. Well fit... *Note* I never packed the flower. Only inhaled, connected and vaped. I noticed a kush I have,, which wasn't known for taste in any of my other vapes, now has a sweet floral taste, yet a J-1 I have lacks taste. Go figure. I notice also my abv never goes past golden brown.. I have the draw technique down.. Now it's all about the grind,,,I guess. Makes perfect sense that she be called "black locust" as she obviously loves basking in the dark. :nod:

placetime

I've got another to get up, then some more tomorrow but for now we are overloading our server it seems. I cannot get into our website at the current time.
Next time I won't say anything till I get my work done.
Sorry about that. Too many hits, too quick.
The glass stem is nice. Definitely adds pull and cool.

Edit: We're good. That's it for tonight. More tomorrow but probably no more Ambrosia Maple for awhile. We are very limited on that wood.

I bet those beautiful Ambrosia Maples will go fast to some lucky people. If I had the cash to spare, I'd snap one up right now myself! Those are awesome Rick! :tup:

placetime,
Reactions: Rick

kewpcer

Locust harks all the way back to the first ;)

Speaking of, what's the procedure to get my girl refitted? There's an awful lot of slop in there these days. It's widely known I over-volted for 2 months, so I don't mind paying for the new shell. When you see it, I think you'll like the new bottom material I've added, hehe.

IMG_2303_1.jpg

kewpcer,
Reactions: Rick

Rick

Zapman
kewpcer, send it back to us so we can give her a re-work. I am very anxious to see the insides after serious over volting for 2 months(or more?). Could be we can just tighten her and use the same shell. If you do not have my address, Email us.
azlogger, this Maple is the hard variety. That is one reason it polishes up so nice. Here is a little more on what makes all the pretties.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

The Ambrosia Beetle causes pinholes 1/100 - 1/4" in diameter and attacks only recently killed/cut trees, logs, and green lumber. They usually bore into the sapwood of both hard and softwoods although sometimes they affect the heartwood. Interestingly, the beetle does not consume the wood; rather, when he excavates his "tunnel", he introduces two types of fungus.
The first grows on the walls of the "tunnel" and it is this fungus which is consumed by the beetle for nourishment. The fungus is called Ambrosia and the name was passed on to include the beetle.
The second fungus is a staining fungus which, if introduced, causes greenish-gray or bluish-black staining around the pinholes. Unless there are zillions of holes, the strength of the wood is not affected.

Rick,
Reactions: DannyVi

kewpcer

It was about 2 months, if that. After which I went to using the Myrtle RZ1 with the 13.5v, as the CRZ is just way too hot on the 13.5v. Then, a few months ago, I got this one back off the bench, hooked it to the 12v and put a neoprene coozie on it, and that's been the daily driver ever since. So I'd say, 5-8 weeks on the hot plug, and mine actually puts out a bit over 18V. My 12vdc from you reads about 14ish on the same meter, so it's been really hot for weeks on end.

I'll send it your way by the end of the week.

kewpcer,

Nycdeisel

Thank you Jeppy! It sure is! I just wish she was a little hotter, but she does the job, just like the Ambrosia maple . I just love the way the grain changes on the black locust . And Thank you rick for hooking me up with a particularly pretty unit :wave:

Nycdeisel,

Jeppy

Pure Vaporist
Though I love it, mine doesn't run that hot either. Abv barely light brown. Will it run hotter as time goes by?

Jeppy,

Rick

Zapman
Black Locust is a fickle sweet thing. She is hard, real hard. That is why she shines so good but she also pulls heat from our heatport in some cases. That's why I say fickle. Sometimes she is very hot, as NYC knows. It is not only the wood but the heater that affects the heat.
I will be shaving the one above for NYC and double checking heater specs for a hotter girl. I will be glad to do the same for you Jeppy if you wish. Give it a few days for sure but I am looking at the pics above and think I left those shells with a little too much meat, especially on the top. I made some too small and got some cracking so I have been beefing them up a bit. A very fine line it is and go too far, yer done. I'd rather err on the heavy side. That wood is hard to find. I do not like to.......make mistakes with it.

A reminder to folks about what we are. We are the sipper log vape. You gotta sip. Slow down the pull. Slow and easy. Next thing you know, you'll be full. The turtle log vape.

Jeppy

Pure Vaporist
I'm new to these so I'm gonna stick with her for a while. I just may need to adjust as well. :) Sure is nice being plugged in 24/7. Vaping starts as fast as you can pick up a loaded stem! I love it. :leaf:

Nycdeisel

Or as fast as you can load a fresh stem! Which will become easier the more you do it. normally it now takes me just a few seconds to load up a new stem.

Something else I almost forgot to mention, i used to always rely on a pick or tool of some sort to empty the spent load, by going around the inside of the steel tip. Then one day I learned I could simply tap it onto the edge of the glass container that holds my ABV and every bit came right out. As long as it was completely finished and the stem didnt have excess buildup, it was insanely easy. I no longer need to use a tool to empty stems that are done. Saving me even more time ;)

Nycdeisel,
I took an empty prescription pill bottle and used a phillips head screwdriver to poke a hole in the lid just big enough for the tip. Now I can just insert the tip into the hole and blow. The ABV stays nicely secured inside the bottle, and when it gets a fair amount in it, I just unscrew the lid, empty it into my abv glass container, and I am good to go. It works like a charm!

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
Just wanted to stop by and tell you how much am enjoying the return of my CRZ Rick, she is truly a beauty. Since plugging her up I have yet to let her power down, she is always ready for me when I am in the shop and never ceases to make my day more enjoyable. I keep finding myself rubbing the sleek top portion of it and the outer body between the bark admiring the polished shine she has. I am so grateful for ya putting her back together.

Also been thinking of spinning a matching vapor tube for here that is showing the natural bark in the middle and finishing the upper and lower ends, think it would be the shit to have a natural bark vapor tube!

Ed's TnT,
Top Bottom