Aromazap/Myrtlezap/CeramicRockZap

Rick

Zapman
MileHigh
Send me a clue. We had more than one go out to the Mile high area the same week and I am not sure which one you are. We do not try to connect screen names to real names unless folks tell us who they are. Our Email is myrtlezap@hughes.net if needed again. Also, you or anyone is no bother at all so say whatever you want whenever you want.

Darn Reese, sorry to see you had to do so much running around for a transformer. We have them here in Zapville too. I will admit sometimes we are not as fast as Jameco. They ship the same day if you order by noon or so. We will do the 12 volts for $12 delivered if anyone is interested. Unregulated seems to be the way to go as they will actually be closer to 13 volts with the small load the MZ draws. Think I saw that on the Woodeez thread?
aero18
Shipping is included in the price, no sales tax. We are back to a 3-4 day turn around from order to ship. Better than we have been for the last few months but still not 2-3 days like we prefer. You can specify wood preference when you order. The Paypal check out process has a section at the end called "notes to seller" or you can Email us. We do not recommend trying to remove any screens we install in either the heatport or the vapor stems. Not sure why one would want to remove the heatport screen. It does do a good job of keeping herbal material out of the heat chamber. That screen is held in place with two internal retaining rings so is difficult to remove.

Rick,

reece

Rick said:
Darn Reese, sorry to see you had to do so much running around for a transformer. We have them here in Zapville too. I will admit sometimes we are not as fast as Jameco. They ship the same day if you order by noon or so. We will do the 12 volts for $12 delivered if anyone is interested. Unregulated seems to be the way to go as they will actually be closer to 13 volts with the small load the MZ draws. Think I saw that on the Woodeez thread?
No worries Rick. I actually like to drive (it wasn't rush hour). I don't get to listen to music or Howard Stern much unless I'm in the car. I thought you were selling the transformers for $20. I'm not sure why. I certainly would have ordered from you. Next time I'll know.

Things would be much worse if I didn't have that 13.5v or my three other vaporizers. To paraphrase an old TV show, Mr. McGee don't take my vapor. You wouldn't like me without my vapor. ;)

reece,

MileHigh

Ok will do. By the way, a friend of mine has some beautiful, almost pure black ebony wood that he wants a zap made from now that he's seen mine. If he sends you a chunk of it could you make him one from that?

MileHigh,

Rick

Zapman
I answered your friend MileHigh. I am not into doing other woods. Too many variables. I thought I saw Todd say he would do something like that(Woodeez).

Reese, one of these days there will be some changes in Zapville with less confusion regarding what we offer. Turtles are slow though. Hopefully steady. Sometimes I wonder.

Rick,

mnmlh

Hi all -- first post to this site. I got my MZ about a week ago and this is my first vaporizer. I am in love with it, and have a lot to share about my experiences thus far which may be helpful for someone who has no experience with vapes prior.

Before I type up a review though, I have question. What size of tubing would I need to get in order to connect the stem to a bong? Furthermore, what size adapter would I need for the bong? I am looking into one of the 100ml-200ml Ehles. I am new to this obviously, and the search function is not helpful due to the size of these model-specific threads. If I already had a nice bong, couldn't I just replace the downstem and slide with one of the fancy-pants German pieces? I've never seen these nice adapters "in the wild" before. I will say, I created a compression fitting between the stem and a small bong I have laying around and was able to milk it and man, the effects were amazing.

I go through a lot of material, so the heat is killing my mouth and this will make all-day vaping a bit easier, I think. Just using the tube with the stem alone will help, as at least on MZ user has attested to on here.

I think each model needs a subforum instead of these threads. Would help our new users a LOT, and I don't think some of the big players here are necessarily going anywhere. I'm on a lot of forums, so those are just my observations/suggestions.

mnmlh,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
mnmlh said:
Hi all -- first post to this site. I got my MZ about a week ago and this is my first vaporizer. I am in love with it, and have a lot to share about my experiences thus far which may be helpful for someone who has no experience with vapes prior.

Before I type up a review though, I have question. What size of tubing would I need to get in order to connect the stem to a bong? Furthermore, what size adapter would I need for the bong? I am looking into one of the 100ml-200ml Ehles. I am new to this obviously, and the search function is not helpful due to the size of these model-specific threads. If I already had a nice bong, couldn't I just replace the downstem and slide with one of the fancy-pants German pieces? I've never seen these nice adapters "in the wild" before. I will say, I created a compression fitting between the stem and a small bong I have laying around and was able to milk it and man, the effects were amazing.

I go through a lot of material, so the heat is killing my mouth and this will make all-day vaping a bit easier, I think. Just using the tube with the stem alone will help, as at least on MZ user has attested to on here.

I think each model needs a subforum instead of these threads. Would help our new users a LOT, and I don't think some of the big players here are necessarily going anywhere. I'm on a lot of forums, so those are just my observations/suggestions.
the stems from this vape fit very nicely into any bong with a 14.5 GoG joint. No need too use a tube or hose, just put the stem into the downstem of the bong, throw a little water or ice into it. the EHLE 100ml works well in this set up.

DevoTheStrange,

mnmlh

DevoTheStrange said:
the stems from this vape fit very nicely into any bong with a 14.5 GoG joint. No need too use a tube or hose, just put the stem into the downstem of the bong, throw a little water or ice into it. the EHLE 100ml works well in this set up.
Thanks. Are the MZ stems the same diameter as the PD ones? Is 14.5 the diameter of the downstem, since that is what you are putting the stem into? Still trying to figure out how these are measured. If so, would a tube just be able to connect to the slide it comes with, or is an adapter usually needed (preferred?) Still wondering about the tube, even though I like this method, which is kind of like what I did to test out whether or not I wanted to go this route. So far I am gathering the tube with a 14.5mm ID is what will fit over a MZ stem.

mnmlh,

reece

:)

Got the shipment from Jameco today. Ahhhh.

Rick, as far as I can tell the difference is AC vs. DC. Does that make sense to you?

reece,

aero18

vaporist
Are the four bundled stems (1 free) available only to 'primo' buyers or is it still available for FC buyers in general?

aero18,

jofroxp

mMmmm :ninja: I got some niiice herb....just waiting to be vaporized by a zapperrrr...guess I'll use this time wisely and start drying it out...mmm

jofroxp,

Rick

Zapman
aero18
Think there is some confusion regarding my stem offer. It is 6 stems for $42 total or 3 stems for $24 total. Available to anybody who even mentions FC. I do have a 3 pack that will be going out to a customer who did not mention FC when he ordered a MyrtleZap. He will get an extra(total 4) but the stated offer is 6 for $42 or 3 for $24. We do add an extra(free) stem to a MZ order if you mention FC but no extra stem for a straight stem order.

The stem tubes are right at 1/2" outer diameter. I am too lazy to get my mms right but I do know that a 14mm socket is right at 9/16" so it seems a 14.5 mm tubing would be too loose on a 1/2" OD stem. The old vapor stems were closer to 5/8" so the 14.5mm would fit them.

Reece said "Rick, as far as I can tell the difference is AC vs. DC. Does that make sense to you?"
No, that does not make sense as the one from Jameco is AC, right? So is the stocker that came with the Zap. I am wondering if your variable power supply is regulated or unregulated. A regulated transformer will do 12 volts no matter the load but unregulated could be 11-13+ volts depending on what size load you put on it. I have heard DC provides more "heat power" than AC, volt to volt. Just have no back up for that last statement.

Rick,

reece

Rick said:
Reece said "Rick, as far as I can tell the difference is AC vs. DC. Does that make sense to you?"
No, that does not make sense as the one from Jameco is AC, right? So is the stocker that came with the Zap. I am wondering if your variable power supply is regulated or unregulated. A regulated transformer will do 12 volts no matter the load but unregulated could be 11-13+ volts depending on what size load you put on it. I have heard DC provides more "heat power" than AC, volt to volt. Just have no back up for that last statement.
Yep, the Jameco and the stock supply are both the same. They even have the same model number. Different product numbers, different brands, made in different countries. They both work the same (well the original doesn't work now but you know what I mean).

None of the others say "regulated." Maybe there is a symbol or abbreviation that I don't understand.

All I know is I'm back in the saddle. Hiyo kemosabe! Wait, that's not the image I was going for....:o

reece,

jofroxp

MmM...I can just feel the box coming my way monday, tuesday..

edit: MAJOR FAIL. Going back to school on January 5th, Tuesday, and I'll be living there.....either I get lucky it comes MOnday, or my parents will wonder why they have a wooden vaporizer. I am Korean, and yes korean parents, no matter how old you get, don't respect your freedom in regards to your habits or preferences........Anyways I'm not worried because I hope I can somehow work this out with Rick, who is beyond a doubt good at customer service.. :cool:

jofroxp,

jofroxp

So, 13.5 adapter is perfect medium for browning the stuff but not burning? or is the reg one with the MZ going to be with it? Can you clarify what comes with the MZ, stems, adapters etc..

jofroxp,

reece

jofroxp said:
So, 13.5 adapter is perfect medium for browning the stuff but not burning? or is the reg one with the MZ going to be with it? Can you clarify what comes with the MZ, stems, adapters etc..
You get everything needed for the Zap to operate, including essential oil for the diffuser (unless something has changed). That includes a household adapter (12v), a car adapter, and stems. The only thing you need to supply is material to be vaporized.

The 13.5v adapter is a preference thing. You can use a can koozie for the same effect, vaporizing higher temperature actives. I do this sometimes when I want more of a stoney feeling. But not often. I find the vapor too harsh. But some enjoy it. One shouldn't run the Zap for prolonged periods with a koozie or an adapter higher than 12v for the wood's sake.

And I get my material plenty brown. I know there is talk in another thread about 15v and 18v adapters but I'm pretty sure Rick would advise against that for Zaps.

reece,

jofroxp

hey thanks reece, i know after understanding what you said, makes me see how ignorant I was, :uhoh: thanks so much, its so obvious but I must be really :ko:...thanks foreals.

jofroxp,

vape4health

Has anyone checked the 13.5v wall wart to see what it does open volts and then again with a load . And thats a Jameco 13.5v AC that you sell as the hot plug right Rick ?

vape4health,

MoeOnTheMoon

Medical Marijuana Activist
Company Rep
Got my Myrtlezap for Xmas and a review will eventually come. Suffice to say, for now: I love it!

For those who are into vaping as healthily as possible, adding moisture and coolness to the mix, here are photos of my jerry-rigged water pipe attached to my MZ.

I was lucky in finding an old head shop that's been around for 15-20 years or so, that had some old parts in stock - both rubber and metal - and between those and some that I had, I found just the right stuff to connect some food grade vinyl tubing in between a bottle and the MZ. Eventually I want to avoid having rubber and vinyl in the path, and will switch to something better, but for now, this is better for my sensitive lungs and throat than using it straight.

Has anyone found a way to do this with more modern glass parts? (When I went to some head shops and asked for metal and rubber connectors they looked at me like I was from another planet! Everyone uses glass only, these days...)

Eventually I would like to hook my MZ up to a glass bong with no rubber or vinyl. Anyone found a way to do this?

Anyway, here's what I have going on right now. At least it does work:
mzthruwaterpipevga.jpg

rubbersealsvga.jpg

stemtubesealvga.jpg

Vapor is so cool and moist you can barely feel that you're getting it. But I blow it out in front of a high intensity light, and believe me, I'm getting nice big thick (and cool!) doses!

Thanks, Rick, for making such a great, reliable, consistent method of medicating! And I love the way it looks sitting there on my desk, with the little dragon fly, and it adds some nice aroma to my area, too when not in use.

MoeOnTheMoon,

aero18

vaporist
I will also be using water filtration when I order the MZ. Recently, my lungs have started to become sore and I have a persistent 'smoker's' cough. Hot vapor is definitely not gentle on lungs that have not been 'calloused' by years of smoking.

MoeOnTheMoon, the tubes fit in any 14mm downstem on a glass water pipe. You do not need any extra accessories.

Mmmm... Hefeweizen is good! :)

Rick, have you considered making short tubes specifically for use with water pipes?

aero18,
Top Bottom