Aromazap/Myrtlezap/CeramicRockZap

MileHigh

Hey Rick, got mine on Friday :) . Beautiful choice of wood. My vaporbros is going to collect quite a bit of dust, I can tell already. I will put up a review after I break it in a little more. How do I go about getting one of those 13.5v adapters for the night-time sessions? And I'll take some of those new stems too.

MileHigh,

reece

MileHigh reminded me to update my experience wtih the adjustable votlage power supply I purchased. It seems definite that the 12v setting is outputting at less than 12v. I cannot produce vapor at that setting. However, with kif I did get vapor. Does that sound right to those of you who are more experienced?
At the 13.5 setting the vapor is a bit too harsh for my tastes. I will use that setting when I want those CBDs and CBNs (not often). I'm also hoping the 13.5 setting will help when the ambient temperature is on the cold side. That way I don't have to hide the beauty of my wood (he said wood) with a koozie.

Live and learn. I should have just purchased a 13.5v supply from Rick or some local store. But me being me, I won't stop looking for a switchable power supply that works (If I knew someone in the UK). I also guess I could send the broken one in (to Hong Kong) for a replacement but I think that will be more hassle than it's worth. And I don't want to spend more money (shipping) on this product. First impressions and all.

reece,

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
singleissue where did you find this adjustable item with the correct size plug? im intrigued. thanks.

IAmKrazy2,

SingleIssuePoster

from radio shack: http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3832488

the zap uses an "M"-sized plug, which seems to be a standard/common size.

i am sure you could find something much cheaper that would work just as well, but most multi-voltage adapters seem to top off at 12v.

i bought mine at a going-out-of-business sale a couple of years ago for "legitimate" purposes. it had been collecting dust for awhile until reading posts here about adjusting the power.

SingleIssuePoster,

reece

SingleIssuePoster said:
on a completely different topic, when i first got the myrtlezap, i immediately remembered the toy "log" from ren and stimpy: http://vimeo.com/5758139

i thought, "great, now i have a log too!"
Oh man, I hope you don't mind but I'm gonna steal that. I haven't thought about log, or Ren and Stimpy, in quite a while. Awesome.

reece,

MileHigh

Singleissue, the adapter you describe (I'm assuming) and the one you posted a link to are AC/DC transformers. The power supply that comes with the MZ is AC out as well as in. Wouldn't this result in decreased functionality, or a complete loss of it?

The fact that the MZ power supply is AC/AC is what makes it so damn hard to find one with slightly increased voltage. Most shops jump from 12v to 18v on AC/AC, and closest I've found to what I'm looking for is a 15v. Rick has some 13.5v ones, one of which I am trying to purchase, but these must have been custom made as far as I can tell. Those widely available variable voltage units are all AC/DC as far as I know.

But would that work? I don't think so, but could be wrong. It's been a while since high school physics.

MileHigh,

Rick

Zapman
MileHigh
Zaps work on AC or DC. We use AC I guess because we always have but DC will work. The heater is a bi and does not care if it gets AC or DC but the led "on" light will need center positive if you use a DC transformer. Every DC transformer I have seen has center positive so there should not be a problem. The 13.5s I have are DC, center positive. There is a post somewhere around that says DC actually will produce more heat per volt than AC. I have heard that before but never really confirmed it. I also apologize for spacing you a bit re: answering you on the 13.5 question. We have been trying to get all orders shipped by today so have been very busy. Almost made it til a couple more came in late yesterday. Oh well. Then town today....puke!
I am going over to get tubing tomorrow. I should have plenty of stem supplies so will post the stem offer tomorrow when I am sure of what I have.
Sorry for the AC/DC confusion on Zaps.

Rick,

MileHigh

Thanks for clearing that up Rick. I love that I get to interact with the designer and manufacturer of a quality product that I use on a daily basis. Seriously, a very rare experience these days.

I picked up a 13.5v DC adapter just a couple of hours ago from Radio Shack and it works perfectly. Vapor clouds are very similar to those with the can cozy over the unit. Dare I try 13.5v + cozy? Has anyone done that?

MileHigh,

Cr8z13

MileHigh said:
I picked up a 13.5v DC adapter just a couple of hours ago from Radio Shack and it works perfectly. Vapor clouds are very similar to those with the can cozy over the unit. Dare I try 13.5v + cozy? Has anyone done that?
Yup, I have. On warm days it's sort of overkill. My ABV comes out a little charred. The last few days have been a little chilly so I've been using the cozy and it works perfectly.

Cr8z13,

explanga

The aromazap was the first vape I owned, back in 2002 or so... was very stealh, I even used it in the hospital, probably helped symptomatically at the time and required less morphine pump clickings / nausea from the crap food they tried to re-introduce me on.

I was generously sent a repair kit at one point due to a defect, and such. I recommended it to many friends.

I had a volcano later one, and a donated vapor bros. I lost all my vapes, and Hurricane bong, etc, over the years.

now back to square one again, (though may get my donated vapor bros from the person giving it).
i have some plans and questions but for another thread.

thanks again buddy =)

explanga,

reece

explanga said:
The aromazap was the first vape I owned, back in 2002 or so... was very stealh, I even used it in the hospital, probably helped symptomatically at the time and required less morphine pump clickings / nausea from the crap food they tried to re-introduce me on.

I was generously sent a repair kit at one point due to a defect, and such. I recommended it to many friends.

I had a volcano later one, and a donated vapor bros. I lost all my vapes, and Hurricane bong, etc, over the years.

now back to square one again, (though may get my donated vapor bros from the person giving it).
i have some plans and questions but for another thread.

thanks again buddy =)
Just wondering, would you mind telling us if the defect was discovered during or after the warranty period.?

reece,

Rick

Zapman
Reese and all
2002! that was a while ago. When we first started the Aromazap, we used some Ponderosa Pine. UGH Very soft and lots of pine pitch. Explanga could have had one of those. It took a couple years before we settled on Western Hemlock with a bit more density and no pitch.
I will say again that we never paid much attention to the stated three month warranty. We covered customers with replacements or "tite kits" for several years after their purchase. There soon will be changes at Zapville with a much more thorough presentation of who we are and what we offer.

OK, the vapor stem thing. I had to be sure I was thoroughly stocked before putting an offer out there and also a new tool had to be tested so I could accurately determine my cost per stem.
As I said earlier, the new stem stock is a better fit than the old. 1/2"OD and 1/4" ID, natural nylon(natural is what my supplier calls it. It means no dyes for coloring).
We will offer a six pack for $42, total delivered price.(420 you know) That is $7 per stem, regular price is $9 per stem. If anyone is interested, send me an Email and I will send you a click to pay invoice as there is no link on our website for this offer. No more comment on the website other than to say that it needs more than much improvement. This is a FC offer for FC members and non members who follow FC.

Hope everyone had a nice Christmas. We did with family and even took a space day yesterday, just for us. All charged up again and ready to go.
Edited: We will also do 3 for $24 for those who do not want six stems. Also want to say anyone who orders from the FC forum, whether a member or not, please let us know when you order.

Rick,

reece

Rick said:
I will say again that we never paid much attention to the stated three month warranty.
I know, I just figured it can't hurt to have customer testimonials for those who may be skeptical about the warranty.

My original power supply crapped out on me Christmas day. Luckily, since the stores were closed, I had that 13.5v supply. Can't wait 'till Monday to buy another 12v. The harshness is killing me.

reece,

jofroxp

Hi, I'm looking for a similar vaporizer like the PD, but it seems logical to get a vaporizer while I wait. I was wondering if there is also a wait time for the MZ, and if there is can you give an estimate. I am not impatient, I just want a quality vaporizer for my moneys worth, since I am tired of "combusting" lol.

jofroxp,

jofroxp

ordered the MZ, and will give it a run by late this week, or next week. I am excited :D

jofroxp,

Cr8z13

Cool, I'm sure you're going to dig it. I've had mine for over a month and I'm extremely satisfied.

Cr8z13,

Rick

Zapman
MileHigh
How about post #666?
OMG! 666. I'll only confess to being a Pagan who is very happy 'Christmas' is past. This will always be a winter solstice celebration for us. LONGER days again! Already even! Been an easy winter so far.
jofroxp
Earliest possible arrival would be Saturday. A bit more realistic may be Monday/Tuesday of next week as I totally spaced we are in another mail holiday week when we exchanged Emails.
Did you find a 12 volt transformer OK Reese? Get an AC or DC? If DC i would be interested in knowing if you notice any difference in the heat output over the stock AC transformer.

Rick,

MileHigh

Oops! My bad. Rick I have not figured out how to private message people on this forum, there does not appear to be a way to do that, so I'm sorry for clogging your thread with personal questions. Anyway could you email me a link for the 3-stem pack?

MileHigh,

aero18

vaporist
Quick question about ordering:

Is tax and shipping included in the order ($145)?
Generally, how long does the unit take to be shipped after an order is made?
Can we still place a wood-style preference on the Myrtezaps, and if so, where can this be made?

Aside from questions about ordering the MZ, is it possible to remove the screen that sits on the heater (to replace it, clean it, or get some particles out of the device)?

aero18,

reece

Rick said:
Did you find a 12 volt transformer OK Reese? Get an AC or DC? If DC i would be interested in knowing if you notice any difference in the heat output over the stock AC transformer.
The electronics store nearby only had one transformer and it had no cord, only screw terminals. So, I went to the Radio Shack but they were out of the tip size I needed. Then I went to another Radio Shack. They had the tip but not the transformer. They did have a switchable with a max of 12v. So I got that one. It, like the other switchable power supply, doesn't get the unit hot enough. I can produce more vapor with the RS supply than with the other I have but still not what the stock transformer puts out. Not even close. I also remembered my laptop supply is 12v (3 amps) so I used that one. Again, better than the two switchable transformers but not quite right.

The switchable supply form Hong Kong (or was it Korea?) is DC. The laptop supply is DC. The RS (Enercell brand) says "AC Adapter." It does not specifically state whether the output is AC or DC.

I ordered two stock transformers from Jameco on Monday.

reece,
Top Bottom