Aromazap/Myrtlezap/CeramicRockZap

kewpcer

Merry Christmas Zapville!

chib, you need to get with rick on that. Email him. That's not normal at all. You may have a small issue in your zap. A cold solder joint or some such.

kewpcer,

Rick

Zapman
VaporBoxed
First, do you have a drill press? You will need one and a throw-away 1 inch forstner bit to re-drill the top hole. The wood hole shrinks in diameter as soon as they heat up. That top plate is almost impossible to get out without reaming the hole back to 1".
What is wrong with your MZ? No heat? If the heatport is rattling around, there has been some charring for sure. What happens with too much voltage is you kill the heater which is a real hassle to replace in the traditional design log vape. Very easy to replace the heater in the CRZ.

I want to again say chib has been in touch and we will get his Zap fixed or replaced. Dropping does not void the warranty. My apologies for any confusion on him contacting me.

Also want to show off a little something new we are doing on the wood. We are etching/routing the wood species at the bottom of each unit. This is done by hand by very special hands with alot of years and much pain throughout those years. I love the human-ness of the printing. This extra personal touch will be on the back of the unit, by the plug.
A special Walnut that will go up soon.
12-24029.jpg

and an Elm with some burl.
12-24028.jpg

Rick,
Thanks Rick. there is no rattling but my instincts are telling me i really charred the wood. I inhale through a empty stem and get charred wood taste. Its okay though everything functions. it just tastes like wood. BTW i really like the look of that walnut zap

VaporBoxed,

Cleanfiend

Greetings Zappers,

I am an owner of a PD, and I am looking to order some spare stems. Will the brass aromazap vapor stems mate properly with my Purple-Days? I am also interested in the glass tooties -- does anyone have any experience in this realm?

Many thanks, and Merry Christmas!

Cleanfiend,

Vitolo

Vaporist
Yes.
The brass stems fit the PD vapes as well if not slightly better than the actual PD stems did.... and that is a yes on the tooties also...
be sure and specify to Rick that you want the tootie for the Old Scholl Zap!

Vitolo,

chib

Kush please
Got in contact with Rick,

Going to be sending my baby in tomorrow.

Yeah she always ran cooler than I thought she should have, Producing a fantastic taste but with very little vapor. I dropped her within 5 minutes of owning her whilst polishing with the zap wax while she was warming up, and then the other day she flew right out of my hands while I was shaking her trying to figure out the cause of her 'rattle' (FUCK YOU HARDWOOD FLOORS!)

Keep in mind, these weren't 'bumps' rather THUMPS as these things aren't lite.

Lesson learned,
Stop being such a clumsy donkey.

chib,

JESUSgotNAILED

Hopefully mine doesn't get many tumbles during its life!

I got what you said last page Deez, thanks for the help. I think I like sitting it next to the Zap when not hitting it, but I'll keep it on top if I am going back for another hit shortly. I'll also try the last hits idea you had about leaving it in there.

Have a good holiday. I'm about to load my first stem right now :p

JESUSgotNAILED,

Magic9

Plant Enthusiast
JESUSgotNAILED said:
It's crazy how like you said, a properly loaded stem doesn't let herb fall through. How does that happen?

The inside of the SS tip is "roughed" or gritty. You can use a toothpick on the smooth outer surface and the "rough" inner surface to feel the difference. It works amazingly well. I've dropped a fresh stem and lost nothing. A little suction and/or light tap, it's there to stay lol.

Rick said:
Dropping does not void the warranty.

Did not know. That is huge. Above and beyond, IMO. I can promise you, if I drop my TV or PS3, Sony wouldn't warranty them. Just goes to show the level of service provided. Well done Rick.

JESUSgotNAILED said:
I'm about to load my first stem right now :p

JESUSgotZAPPED!!!! Now that my festivities are over, I too have some quality time to spend with mine. Enjoy!

Magic9,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
I'm a happy, Zappy girl! :D My husband just bought me a birthday vape..... a new CRZ. If you go on the website, you can see a preview... it's the Ambrosia Maple.

It's a funny thing; I've been pestering poor Rick for almost two years now, looking for "the one." I wanted the prettiest Zap in town. But, the Universe sometimes has a different plan for you. All of the Zaps that I have purchased from Rick have had special meaning, and this one is no different. It has a yin/yang feel to it. It also has 3 dots. There is something very special in the number three for me. So, this one spoke to me. It may not be "the prettiest Zap in town," but it is very, very special.

When I have it in my hot little hands, I'll be sure to post pics!

momofthegoons,

Vitolo

Vaporist
Wow mom... that Ambrosia Maple, does have a really special look to it.!
I can't wait to see the pictures! :brow:

Vitolo,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
Thanks Vito.... the pics on the website really don't do it justice. I got a different pic from Rick after I pestered him... :lol: So excited!

Of course, I don't think I've caught up to the ob on how many Zaps I have, but I'm working on it. :cool:

momofthegoons,

Vitolo

Vaporist
I have a confession.
I do love my CRZs... as is evidenced by video documentation.
Confession/
I have a weakness....
I have never gotten over my love for my original Zaps, and I am still collecting!
Here is that shot of the backs of my "Old School Zaps"
8.jpg

Top to bottom:
Kushin', Nurse Myrtz, Walnetta, Syca Mora, & Ravin'
Well I have a new gal living with us, and she is a welcome addition to the Old School Zap collection!
Photoon2011-12-26at10122.jpg

Her name is Walentyna. The name is the Polish translation of Valentina.. meaning healthy, strong.
She was named from the Polish language to honor a ZapLady I know with similar roots!
She hits like a champ too! Of course nothing can hit like the CRZ... but I love my Old School Zaps, and I still have room for more! :lol:

Vitolo,

reece

momofthegoons said:
I'm a happy, Zappy girl! :D My husband just bought me a birthday vape..... a new CRZ. If you go on the website, you can see a preview... it's the Ambrosia Maple.

It's a funny thing; I've been pestering poor Rick for almost two years now, looking for "the one." I wanted the prettiest Zap in town. But, the Universe sometimes has a different plan for you. All of the Zaps that I have purchased from Rick have had special meaning, and this one is no different. It has a yin/yang feel to it. It also has 3 dots. There is something very special in the number three for me. So, this one spoke to me. It may not be "the prettiest Zap in town," but it is very, very special.

When I have it in my hot little hands, I'll be sure to post pics!

I recently spoke with Rick about a RockZap. I have a certain look in mind, and I can wait for it, but as soon as I saw that ambrosia maple I was ready to scrap any ideas I had. Then I saw it was already taken and I was kind of relieved because I really want a different look. The ambrosia maple is so stunning though. I wouldn't have been able to pass it up.

Congrats on your new Zap and thank you for grabbing it before I had a chance to prove I'm not as patient as I try to be. hahaha

reece,

the ob

all good in the hood.
momofthegoons said:
Hah....didn't know you were on ob! You just missed my edit!

I too am fairly certain you have not caught up yet, but have no doubt you will!!! :lol:

the ob,

JESUSgotNAILED

momofthegoons said:
Thanks Vito.... the pics on the website really don't do it justice. I got a different pic from Rick after I pestered him... :lol: So excited!

Of course, I don't think I've caught up to the ob on how many Zaps I have, but I'm working on it. :cool:

Wow!! That Ambrosia Maple is killer!! Very, very unique. I'm sure you'll love it hehe

Question about AVB. How dark is your guys'? From the very first bowl I've always been getting dark brown AVB with patches of even darker brown maybe black, but no combustion has ever occcured. I assume that's called scorched, then? Does that mean I am pulling too slow? I definitely try to get every bit out of each stem, sometimes taking 3 or 4 more hits after the stem looks like it has stopped hitting - should I cut back on those?

JESUSgotNAILED,

JESUSgotNAILED

Really? That is surprising AND good news! :)

Smell is wretched however... probably would taste horrible in brownies or any edibles I would assume. Which kinda sucks.

Another question: I just read this thread (http://www.fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?id=5755) and in there they state that vaping sativas is best around 170, 180 degrees F. Is that true? If so then does that mean the RZ, which I was told work around 360-380 degrees or so, are not that efficient of a vape when using sativa dominant strains?

JESUSgotNAILED,

Bluesman

Rick, I'm looking forward to saving up enough gig money to pick up one of your new Rockzaps. I've been vaping through this type of design since the first Eterra Classic hit the market many years ago. You've made some great strides forward with the insulated heating chamber (My Eterra developed a split a week after I got it but it's still working great) and the stainless steel inards. The woodturning looks to be top notch (apart from blowin' harmonica, I've been a professional antique furniture restorer and woodworker all my life) so I look forward to holding one of your creations in my hand.
I have a couple questions: Does your stainless steel stem fit reasonbly snugly in the heating chamber? I like a snug fit ( a tad less than OJ's glove :lol:) without too much wobble. Secondly, does your new Rockzap runs around the same temp than the Eterra? Reason I ask is that I'm more interested in the flavour of the herb rather than zapping the last trichome off. One to two flavourful hits per load is all i'm interested in. Then the load carcass gets dumped. Maybe the last question is hard to answer without having both units side by side. What I'm getting at is that I don't need a lot of heat because I'm not looking for huge clouds of vapor. Flavor comes first for me. Thanks in advance.

Bluesman,

Phizix

Couldn't help myself, had to buy zap #2... Merry Christmas to me :).

Been waiting for a while and the Redwood Burl just seemed like "the one"

d34_redwood_burl_3_.jpg

Phizix,

Magic9

Plant Enthusiast
JESUSgotNAILED said:
Another question: I just read this thread (http://www.fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?id=5755) and in there they state that vaping sativas is best around 170, 180 degrees F. Is that true? If so then does that mean the RZ, which I was told work around 360-380 degrees or so, are not that efficient of a vape when using sativa dominant strains?

I think you read it wrong. Pako was referring to 170-180 C (338 -356 F). Regrettably (or not), I have only been able to run an indica (CHP) through the CRZ. Using the HA previously with multiple strains, I can say, for me, I found no real difference in effect from adjusting temp. It was probably there, just that I couldn't notice it. Without trying, I'm confident this will vape indicas, sativas, and my beloved hybrids very, very well.

Welcome to FC Bluesman. Rick and others will be along to help (we're a helpful bunch), but I'll try to do my best, having never used an eterra.

Bluesman said:
I have a couple questions: Does your stainless steel stem fit reasonbly snugly in the heating chamber? I like a snug fit ( a tad less than OJ's glove ) without too much wobble. Secondly, does your new Rockzap runs around the same temp than the Eterra? Reason I ask is that I'm more interested in the flavour of the herb rather than zapping the last trichome off. One to two flavourful hits per load is all i'm interested in. Then the load carcass gets dumped. Maybe the last question is hard to answer without having both units side by side. What I'm getting at is that I don't need a lot of heat because I'm not looking for huge clouds of vapor. Flavor comes first for me. Thanks in advance.

The stems fit pretty snug. There is a little play, but I'm sure that helps protect anything from getting wedged in. I've never wished they were more or less snug, seems about perfect to me. With the CRZ, the first few hits are very tasty. So it should suit your needs perfectly. I've found even the last ones are also fine in taste though. I've never had a "bad" taste exactly, but you do know about when it's fully depleted.

Congrats on the new, beautiful zaps Mom and Phizix. Very unique. Looking forward to more pics. Very much so.

Magic9,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
You also wouldn't want the stems to fit any snugger or you would not have the correct air flow. And, if you feel the hits, after the first few, are too hot, you can always use my "marshmallow method" where you lift the stem slightly when hitting, allowing more air flow.

That said, I usually only use that method with my TT. I haven't found the need to with the CRZ. It might be because the entry to the heatport is shorter in the CRZ. With the TT, you insert the (original) stem farther into the heatport.

momofthegoons,

Bluesman

Hey, Thanks Magic9 and Mom for chiming in. I've been vaporizing for at least 10 or so years. I thought I was in a minority, hardly anyone else out there doing it, and then I stumble accross this forum with a whole nation of vaporheads like me! Damn, what do they call that...serdendipidy or something? :p
Anyways, thanks for the welcome. I hope to spend some time here and learn from ya all.

Bluesman,
Top Bottom