Aromazap/Myrtlezap/CeramicRockZap

aleYarok

after 45 min of warming my unit i was getting decent hits. after 5 hours its hitting like a champ.
all 3 strains i have taste amazing, and so does the hash. it truly is a work of art. ill make sure to get some photos up soon.

ive found i like packing it pretty full, but not to tight. i have a little 35mm film holder that holds my ground up herb and i just pack the stem down into to load it.

i put the butterfly on with a drop of oil and in 15 min my room was smelling great, i took it off becuase i didnt want the strong to get too strong (the units home is on a shelf above my bed)

aleYarok,

VapoFish

aleYarok - you're vaping hash with your MZ? :o

Very cool ... how are you doing it? Are you mixing it with bud first? Or are you vaping straight hash?

Also, would like to see pics of your new MZ. :D

:peace:

VapoFish,

aleYarok

i added some herb with the hash too, i could taste the hash which makes me think it was vaporizing also.

Reece said:
I forgot to mention, Rick is giving me a special lifetime money back guarantee that my Zap is the most beautiful one he ever has, and ever will, create. If Rick is not completely satisfied with my money, he'll give me a full refund. I mean, come on, you can't beat that with a bat.
Sorry Rick, But I think you owe Reece some money :lol: his mz is beautiful... but mine is GORGEOUS! :brow:

aleYarok,

reece

aleYarok said:
Reece said:
I forgot to mention, Rick is giving me a special lifetime money back guarantee that my Zap is the most beautiful one he ever has, and ever will, create. If Rick is not completely satisfied with my money, he'll give me a full refund. I mean, come on, you can't beat that with a bat.
Sorry Rick, But I think you owe Reece some money :lol: his mz is beautiful... but mine is GORGEOUS! :brow:
Not quite. The part in bold is key.

But man, your Zap is...yeah I can't really find the words to do it justice. Congratulations. Wow!

reece,

MoeOnTheMoon

Medical Marijuana Activist
Company Rep
That's gorgeous! Nice one, Rick. I like the idea that the Myrtlezap is beautiful as well as functional. I love the grain and color on this one.

MoeOnTheMoon,

chucku

Charles Urbane
reece said:
aleYarok said:
Reece said:
Not quite. The part in bold is key.

But man, your Zap is...yeah I can't really find the words to do it justice. Congratulations. Wow!
I hope Rick did not make too many of those guarantees, I should get mine in about two weeks.

chucku,

quomist

Rock the Casbah
myrtle.png

myrtle2.png

img0502ie.jpg

quomist,

foolie

Wow. The picture of it right next to the car adapter just gave me an idea of how much small it is.
I plan to place an order today, what's the avg turnaround time?

foolie,

quomist

Rock the Casbah
Thanks everyone. And thank you Rick!

It works great so far. It took some adjustment to get some good hits. Turning while taking hits like I read on the forum is working great. The most I got was about 4 and a half good hits from a loaded stem. Usually I'm at 2 and a half. It's easier to control my dosage than with the DBV which has no trouble in blowing me away.

Looks like I'm set for my personal stash. I use my Iolite for outdoors, my DBV for group sessions, and the Myrtlezap for personal indoor usage. :ko:

quomist,

Rick

Zapman
Couple of announcements.
First, some of the Myrtles we see here on FC are really fantastic. Most were bought using the "primo" option directly through me as we do not have that option on the website at this time. We get $15 more for the Primo($160 total). It guarantees the best grain we have at the time and also an extra vapor stem(total 4 stems if you mention FC). We continue to get very special wood but most of the newer wood does not have alot of the 'marble' look like quomists Zap. It is all very different and special but do not expect duplicates of some of the Myrtles you have seen here on FC.

Also there is the issue of the transformer. We have always used the Jameco 10081(as does the PD). The price on the 10081 has been going up steadily for the last couple years to now about $10 plus shipping. We have found an identical transformer at Jameco for $2.60 each, ANY quantity plus shipping. The part number is 227483. You must phone the order in because if you go online and search 227483, you will be directed to the 10081 for $10. Phone orders(800-831-4242) are answered 24/7 almost immediately by a person at Jameco and they ship the same day normally. They have lots of them in stock. I did pass on this information a few months ago to someone but it did not get out here so you get it now from me.

jameco 10081= 12 volts AC, 1000 ma =$9.95
jameco 227483= 12 volts AC, 1000 ma= $2.60, any quantity but you must phone in the order

looks like a no brainer to me

Rick,

Gautama

Rick, has the variable transformer progressed past the conceptual stage?
I'm pretty excited about it but if its not going to happen I'll have to make one myself.

Gautama,

digglover

Howdy Rick,
I just got the replacement stems from you guys today! They work great in my PD!
Nice to avoid the waiting times...

Correction: Apparently their are no stem waiting times anymore. Last I checked, they were sold out and now their in stock. Even so, Rick's stems work great.

digglover,

Puff Daddy

ITS HERE! ITS HERE! ITS HERE!

img3316l.jpg

img3322v.jpg

img3324q.jpg

img3329d.jpg

img3330t.jpg

Thanks a lot Rick! You have another Zap user for life

Puff Daddy,

NoSmoke

Wow Puff Daddy that thing looks amazing! Is that myrtlewood? Because it looks like Cherry. I really like it a lot, I think the Myrtlezap the next one going in my collection!

NoSmoke,

Puff Daddy

Yea its myrtlewood and i am in love with this thing. It works great as an aroma diffuser! it looks and smells great. i also tried it 3 times as a vape. This is my first time and i wanted to know if i was getting actual hits. I would slowly suck in for about 45secs and get a lot of warm popcorny tasting air. Id hold it in for 20ish seconds and breath out and get very small vapor clouds that have very little smell.

This is high quality and i get about 10 hits off a completely full bowl. When i think it is done i taped it out and it was shriveled up and brownish green. In the 3 bowls that i vaped i used up about .12g it was amazing but i didnt really feel it that much. I felt very numb and head high but no body high and it wasn't very strong.

Am i doing it right and if not what can i do to fix it. it was pretty dry and i did grind it but it was decently big pieces. Any help would be great!

Puff Daddy,

Rick

Zapman
Sorry for the space out. We have been away for a couple days.

Puff
First, you need to know we do pull good vapor from every unit before we ship. Of course we have years of experience making these little things work right so our 'test' is done just right the first time. As a newb, your first times will not be as efficient as could be. I used to say it is like riding a bike. It is in a way in that once you get the right flow going, you will always get it. But it is different than a bike because once a bike is rolling, you've got it whereas with the Zap, you can get it to make vapor but not necessarily the best vapor possible.
It is all in the stem tip pack and the pull technique.
First the pack. You said you had 'decently big pieces'. They will not vape as good as a medium fine grind. The hot air has to pass by/through all the herb as it goes through the stem tip and to you. Larger chunks do not allow that airflow to be as efficient as it can be. A light pack is good so if you turn the loaded stem upside down, the stuff does not fall out. Then when you put the stem in the unit, a few choo choo quick puffs gets the load warmed up a bit, then follow with the long slow pull. A straight long pull from the beginning is not as effective as what I just described. It takes some practice for sure. Vary the stem tip pack a little, change your pull a little to see if that helps. You also need to realize a vapor high is not the same as combustion. It is cleaner and more manageable. The stuff released by vaping varies as the vape heat varies. THC is released first(at a lower temp), then cbd, cbn, etc. Some of that later stuff is related to "couch lock" effect so a vape effect can be different. Also all vapes are not equal because some can run at higher temps and will "extract" more stuff from the herb.
In general I would say you are on the right track but need more refining. Leave it on 24/7 for the first week or so.
To directly answer your question, you are getting actual hits but not good ones. They will get better with a little practice. After reading your Email a few times, I think you are not packing the load tight enough. The airflow is supposed to be restricted to about half that of an empty stem to slow down the airflow through the load. You probably need a little more restriction in the airflow. Grinding a bit more, packing just a little and the choo choo initial pulls should help.
That is about it for now. Keep me posted on your results. I have had comments recently from newbs that go something like.." ahhh, now I've got it" as they get the better vapor out of it. If the air goes through the load too fast or easy, the load needs to be a little tighter.
Also"pretty dry" you said. We still prefer real dry. Plenty of flavor and each pull is good effective vapor.

Puffs was a standard Myrtle BTW. We communicated about upping to a 'Primo' grain pattern but I shipped his order a bit too soon so he got a "reg".

Digg
Glad to hear the stems work fine in your PD. Thanks for trying them.

Guatama
Found a variable power supply but way too pricey to offer, for us anyway. We have replenished our stock of 13.5 volt transformers though if anyone is interested. They will run the Zap hotter, similar to what a running vehicle will do. Thicker vapor which some prefer. Email us if interested.

Edit: Just heard from a customer that Jameco says they no longer have the 227483 transformer, only the 10081 for $10. I bought some more of the 227483 last week and the gal said they had lots of them. I am wondering if they just relabeled them to sell at the higher price? Or if the only reason I found them and could buy them is because I have been buying in large quantities from them for 8-9 years. I will check that one out as once I found the number, I could get as many as I wanted, any time.

Rick,

Puff Daddy

Thanks for the help!

Well my sharpstone grinder just arrived today! I just ground up some
herb very fine and im going to let it dry for a few hrs before i do
some more experimenting. I tried the vape again last night and i think
i was getting pretty big hits. I had it heating for 10hrs with the
aroma therapy on and then I took off the flower for and slipped the
koozie on. I then let it sit for 10min to warm up. I packed the bowl
of some medium ground herb and let the stem sit in it for about 2 min.

After that i was happy with the large clouds that i had been getting
and the much hotter air that i was getting. I was soon feeling pretty
numb and happy. i think im getting the hang of it and i know i will
soon love vaping and replace almost all of my combustion with it!

Puff Daddy,
Top Bottom