Aromazap/Myrtlezap/CeramicRockZap

Rick

Zapman
If the taste is there, drying it does not make it go away if you vape it in a Zap in our opinion. OK, not bone dry but dry enough to crumble in your fingers. The more you crumble the finer it gets. If it wants to wad up when you crumble, it is still too moist. I also think the heated air gets through the load easier with it drier. We get much flavor for several pulls even if it is dry. Seems the moist stuff gives you mainly water vapor til it dries itself out. Also stems stay nice and clean with dry herb and thorough vaping the load so it blows out like a plug.
Coffee grinder way too fine in our book. Too fine a grind and the stem tip plugs up easily. Plus the air cannot get through the fine powder very well.

We used to do a little poly grinder in the kit. Stopped it a few years back but probably would be a good idea to look for them again. Got them out of Canada very cheap, several hundred at a time. It was funny when they got here in the mail as the guy I got them from labeled them "Garlic Grinders" for Customs, etc. What the hell are they doing with hundreds of garlic grinders??!!!!!

Rick,

MoeOnTheMoon

Medical Marijuana Activist
Company Rep
That brings up a good point: I want to start a thread - if there isn't already one - on what is the best grinder?
I bought one of those magnetic top types, but not the Sharp Stone or a famous brand. This one looks like a tomato - painted red on the outside with a stem like a tomato, but a small, flatter tomato. Anyway, I have never used one before and this one doesn't grind very fine. I think (?) it should be finer. The SharpStones (?name right?) are like $30-40 each. Is it really necessary to spend that much to get a good one? I'm going to look for a thread and start a new thread on this, but just in case you guys here have opinions/ recommendations.

MoeOnTheMoon,

MoeOnTheMoon

Company Rep
leozdad, thanks for the link! I would have eventually gotten around to looking for it, but thanks for doing it for me!

MoeOnTheMoon,

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
Rick, did you get the chance to send out my new MZ Saturday or no? Just wondering. Looking forward to have more vapor tubes here. Just wondering, are the tube bowls made of brass? Appears to be the case. I think I read the tube itself is nylon? Is this correct?

IAmKrazy2,

MoeOnTheMoon

Company Rep
Hey IAmKrazy2, I hope you will be getting it and writing your review soon. How long do you think you'll need to use it before you write your review?

I am waiting on your comments before I make my decision as to which to buy. I can only afford one - not really even one. ;) But I will buy one...

One thing I am curious about. In the PD thread a few people mention that it is possible to get confused and touch the wrong end of the inhaling tube or even put it in your mouth. Is that a similar possibility with the MZ? That seems to me to be a relevant safety issue.

I want to know what advantages and disadvantages there are to both vapes.

Will you start a new thread for your comparison/review? So it doesn't look like you are favoring one over the other? Or will you post in the thread of the one that is the winner, or ???

In any case, I am really looking forward to your review of FUNCTION, but I hope also you review other aspects like safety and aesthetics and ease of use, dry vs. wetter herb (which does which best), and so on. An all-around Consumer Reports type comparison would be ideal, as far as I'm concerned.

MoeOnTheMoon,

Happycamper

Sweet Dreams Babycakes
MoeOnTheMoon said:
One thing I am curious about. In the PD thread a few people mention that it is possible to get confused and touch the wrong end of the inhaling tube or even put it in your mouth. Is that a similar possibility with the MZ? That seems to me to be a relevant safety issue.
I wouldn't call it a safety issue. It's a stupidity issue (mainly caused by stoner moments) I'm sure everyone who has done it will agree.

Yes the tip does get hot for a little while after use, but it's not super hot. So it might leave a tiny mark on your lip for a day, but you probably won't do it again. It's not anyway near handling something like the supreme vaporizer, it's really not worth worrying about. ;)

Happycamper,

willywagtail

I dont know how you could put the hot end of the stem into your mouth, but I think it might be because the people that have done that dont use anything to blow the duff into? or they dont blow it out right away?

I dont think you will ever do it because you seem the cautious type. I think the reason I havent done it, is because I dont have any more than 2-3 stems once/twice a week.

willywagtail,

Rick

Zapman
IamKrazy
Yes, your order did ship Saturday as did MKs and several others. We have adjusted our production schedule to shipping two batches a week, one on Monday/Tuesday and one Fri/Sat. So far that is working with orders not much more than a week out(from order received til shipped). We have always tried to keep our turn around no more than that. Makes for extra busy here in Zapville sometimes but keeps customers happy. I do not like to owe money so when I get some, I pay it off as quick as possible.

Yes, tube tips are made of brass with a stainless screen held in place with an internal retaining ring. The tubes are made from commercial grade nylon tubing. The tubing is very tough, Stems can be boiled for cleaning after dissolving stuff in some kind of solvent(we like 160 'shine). Just do not let the boiling pot run dry or they WILL melt.

As for heatport burning human parts, etc, we recess our heatport into the wood around 1/4 to 3/8 inch from the top of the wood. Kind of hard to burn yourself but not impossible. HappyCamper is right in that it is mainly a not so smart user issue. For sure influenced by what goes in the stem tip.
On that note a story from the past. This has happened more than once maybe because we have lousy instructions with our package(soon to be changed along with the website)

Got a complaint from a newb customer. Just could not get the thing to work. Pre-heated fine, packed stem medium, etc, etc but no vapor. And what you say Zapman, thought this thing only took a match tip worth of goodies???? And how do I get the herb out? And why do I get herb crumbles in my mouth????!!!! Yes, they were filling the stem portion, not the tip. Did have the tip in the heatport though! Quite a vast array of folks out there, the public. Needless to say, that was an easy fix.

Rick,

Gautama

Rick said:
One thing we will explore in the near future is a variable output transformer, about 10(idle) to 13 plus volts. Dial in your vapor thickness.
Is this something I could splice in myself using a rheostat? What values would I need?

EDIT: Thinking more about this, I'd have to lower the resistance of the transformer itself to get to 10v -- which isn't something easy to do.

Gautama,

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
I will need some time to do a FULL review. Along with my busy schedule I noticed a slight performance increase as my PD had been running full time for 5 days or a week. Other noticed the same. Might be voodoo magic, or our own heads, but i got to give zap a chance to break in. I will start a new thread. Probably will get anxious a start with a brief review and finish with a full one a week later.

Mod's... where should i post my comparison review. i don't event know the proper spot

IAmKrazy2,

MoeOnTheMoon

Company Rep
IAmKrazy2 said:
Mod's... where should i post my comparison review. i don't event know the proper spot
I was wondering the same thing. It will no doubt spark controversy... It probably shouldn't be in either the MZ thread nor the PD thread... So where? Will a mod see your question or will you have to write a personal message to ask?

MoeOnTheMoon,

Rick

Zapman
Good news today! Was wondering when they would do something like this. "Feds change rules on Medical Marijuana"
IamKRAZY, take your time. No hurry at all and I do appreciate you noticing several days of 24/7 slightly affects the performance in a positive way. That is surely the case with MZ. I think the wood cures a bit more. It surely does dry out thoroughly which allows for a tad more heat in the air produced.

I also do not anticipate controversy. I expect you will be fair in your comparison. Competing products are no big deal. There are many of them here on FC. Some like and will continue to like one over the other, that is the way it is. I really doubt a review of both side by side will change much unless MZ gets blown out of the water. As I said before, based on much information here on FC, I am the one who should lose the most with the old technology and all. It would be good to have the mods input but you will figure out what to do when the time comes. Probably be a couple weeks before you are close to ready. Maybe a perusal of forum rules would also help you.

Probably also a good time to mention I am doing an extra stem for FC members who order a Zap. We have done it over the last several days a few times so I should get it out there on FC. Just mention FC if you order. We did this years ago on good old OG and it was popular.

Rick,

reece

Rick said:
Good news today! Was wondering when they would do something like this. "Feds change rules on Medical Marijuana"

...We did this years ago on good old OG and it was popular.
I just heard that as I was getting out of the car. Awesome news.

What is OG? I saw Tom mention that a bit ago and I thought he was referencing an Ice-T song. Now I see I was mistaken.

reece,

Rick

Zapman
OverGrow.com Long since gone but there are some old timers around familiar with it. I think the guvmnt shut them down?(Canada)

Someone will clarify and maybe offer up a similar site today? One with some integrity.

Rick,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
WOW!! I didn't get the OG reference either but I used read on OG :) A LOT!

Lo,

aleYarok

yay for extra stems! im getting 4 total!
who else opted for no LED? i plan on having mine right by bed so I dont want a blue light shining in my face. plus i just love the grain of the myrtle wood and wouldn't want anything to disrupt it.

aleYarok,

quomist

Rock the Casbah
aleYarok said:
yay for extra stems! im getting 4 total!
who else opted for no LED? i plan on having mine right by bed so I dont want a blue light shining in my face. plus i just love the grain of the myrtle wood and wouldn't want anything to disrupt it.
I believe the absence of the led gives it a more artful look. I would enjoy it as a timeless artifact since no other piece would be the same.

At first glance, I would normally consider this item to be a luxury piece amongst the vaping industry. My impression thus far from what I have seen online, is that it has almost been antiquated compared to other vaporizers.

In other industries it is very common to see fashion versus functionality. It's a form of differentiation that is needed for all products and services. Take a look at Nokia for example, their 8800 Arte line are their most expensive phones out there and will run you over $1000, but you can't even get push email on it. It's expensive because it looks good and is exclusive.

quomist,
Top Bottom