Aromazap/Myrtlezap/CeramicRockZap

DaProfessor

Ok everyone. I am a complete believer in this style vape. I used it with my water pipes today. It it amazing! I can milk the entire tube, then clear it. It's just like smoking, but only vapor. The hits are incredibly smooth. The vapor/air ration is really good. It's denser than the VHW and uses less herb. I need to make a video.

DaProfessor,

Rick

Zapman
Damn Cutty! That fucking avatar always confuses me. I get all my letters mixed up trying to post.
Mr Fresh
My apologies for not getting back to you, whenever it was, maybe yesterday. Awful busy this week.
The Zap on the left is a dark Myrtle, as is the one on the right. I have only a few blocks left of that wood. Send me an Email if you order and I will get you a chunk of it for your Zap.
OK,bye now. It is after 6 and that fucking Cutty has me all discomboobulated. Vapor and gin help too. Took 10 minutes to write the above.
One bought today will ship a weak.....whaaaa from today or earlier. Then day after tomorrow for priority mail to arrive.

Rick,

Neverender

momofthegoons said:
Neverender, do you leave your Zap on 24/7? I notice that when I turn mine off it rattles, but as soon as it heats up again, it stops.

It's possible you could need the kit if this is not the case. Contact Rick and see what he says.... :)

Yes'm, I keep her on 24/7. :)

I was under the impression that keeping it on 24/7 would slow down the process that causes the rattle as opposed to turning it off and on.

I guess I'll have to shoot Rick an email and see what he says..

Thanks

Neverender,

SmokingElectricity

Rick :D

you are the man for sending me a new tooty quickfast like that. respect.

but what would i use to repair the other tooty? i mean how would i bond it back together and with what?

SmokingElectricity,

Rick

Zapman
Smoking
We use JB Weld(non toxic, good to 600 F, not in the vapor path anyway) to bond the insert to the lower end of the glass. Mix The JB according to instructions. All you will need is a very small amount. Make a thin band around the outer end(longest space from the crimp) of the insert. First, put the insert in the end of the Tooty bare(no JBWeld) push it to the stop and mark with your thumbnail where the glass ends on the insert. The insert should stick out 1/8 inch or so when it hits the stop. Then put the thin band from there back. Hell, just look very closely at the replacement we sent you, a very good example. Be prepared to wipe out the excess JB that will squish out the end of the glass. Use a paper towel and/or Q tip to clean the excess before it dries. Just a small amount of JB as the insert fits the glass spec very close. Let dry 24 hours before using, REMEMBER THE CRIMP IN THE INSERT(STEM TIP STOP) GOES TOWARDS THE MIDDLE OF THE STEM. LONG PORTION OF INSERT FACES OUT TO HOLD THE STEM TIP.LOOK CLOSELY AT THE REPLACEMENT WE SENT. After you get it in with the JB band, give it a slight twist ti distribute the JB evenly between the insert and the glass. That should get your first one fixed.

Remember all, the Tooty tips are tweaked slightly egg shaped on the end that goes in the bonded insert. That will provide enough resistance to keep the tip in the insert in normal use. Also remember to leave the Tooty in the heated Zap for 3-5 minutes before trying to remove your stem tip. Use pliers as the tip will be hot but will slip right out when hot.

Rick,

SmokingElectricity

Rick said:
Damn Cutty! That fucking avatar always confuses me. I get all my letters mixed up trying to post.
Mr Fresh
My apologies for not getting back to you, whenever it was, maybe yesterday. Awful busy this week.
The Zap on the left is a dark Myrtle, as is the one on the right. I have only a few blocks left of that wood. Send me an Email if you order and I will get you a chunk of it for your Zap.
OK,bye now. It is after 6 and that fucking Cutty has me all discomboobulated. Vapor and gin help too. Took 10 minutes to write the above.
One bought today will ship a weak.....whaaaa from today or earlier. Then day after tomorrow for priority mail to arrive.

i have to co sign this. i've caught myself a few times zoning out staring at cutty's avi. :o

SmokingElectricity,

BluntMonger

Just ordered the best deal going cherry wood with no led and a carb on the tooty to try it out since its coming with 2 standard stems also. hope it finishes processing soon =P almost been 24 hours

Edit just read the above post. a week? can i upgrade my priority sorry its just im going to a friends and im having it shipped there so im really anxious to try it out after hearing so much about it

Edit 2: or are you talking about your blocks of wood?

BluntMonger,

Rick

Zapman
BluntMonger
Just checked my list and it looks like you will be in the batch we ship tomorrow(Thursday) for an expected Saturday arrival if the mail is on time. I think I got the right guy. I did not yet answer your Email of yesterday so will here. We cannot make your Zap(or any) from Cedar. I really wish I could as we have lots of Cedar. It is way way too soft for a log vape besides other factors that make it a log vape no no. Thanks for asking though. If you want to burn T or something in your Zap, that will be up to you.
Hmm, I wonder if we were talking about our blocks of wood? Cutties avi is a classic. Walking is good for us all.

Announcement on the plug kit. We are NOT going to be including the plug kit with EVERY zap order. We WILL include them with any Zap order when the customer MENTIONS FC. No member name needed, just say "FC" in a separate Email to us or on the Paypal "notes to seller" section at the end of the order process.
Every Zap order received to this date will get the plug but new orders will need to mention FC. I'll get it in my signature soon.
edit for:
As for on or off, rattle or no, I really cannot say which is best. We keep all our personal Zaps on 24/7. They will eventually rattle so I tighten them up with an extra top clip and they are good. My Zap will rattle a bit more as it is softer than some and I will knock it off the bench or whatever onto the concrete floor several times a week, usually by getting caught up in the cord somehow or swinging my arm around too fast. It just keeps on chugging.

Besides all the other benefits, log vapes are tough too. The Zap top plate and tube assembly of the heatport are all soldered together(no lead, silver bearing, hi temp solder) so they are plenty durable if dropped on occasion.

Rick,

BluntMonger

Rick said:
BluntMonger
Just checked my list and it looks like you will be in the batch we ship tomorrow(Thursday) for an expected Saturday arrival if the mail is on time.

I sure hope so i mean heres what it says on the site order# --> 100000443 Date --> 2/14/11
my name --> James Shelton cost ---> $155.00 Status --> Processing so maybe it wont make it by Saturday or you guys just haven't updated the status yet?

Edit: I apologize for bugging about it I'm just a worry wart =P

BluntMonger,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
Blunt, I think you're just one excited new Zap owner! :lol: Rick sends everything out priority mail so it should be there in two days from shipping. I've received multiple packages from Zapville, and the only time the shipping went over by a day was at Christmas.

Have fun with your new Zap! Happy vaping!

On another note, I gave away my lovely Walnita Zap today. Sort of sad, but it also is a happy thing. I have a very good friend who I converted a while back. I've wanted her to use a Zap for a while to help conserve. She wanted a bigger hitter, initially, and went with a whip style vape. Now that we are getting some better herb, the need to conserve is a little greater than before. So, goodbye Walnita! I have given her two of the stock stems and my PlaneJane for starters. I think for noobs, the stock stems work well because you can see the vapor in them and wont think the stem is cashed before it is time. The PlaneJane was for ease of hitting since she has asthma and I think the restricted draw will be a challenge for her in the beginning. So, we have another Zapolina in the neighborhood. Now I just need to get her to join the forum....I know she's been lurking....... :ninja: :D

momofthegoons,

Rick

Zapman
My bad Blunt. I mixed you up with another customer who recently ordered and did ship today.
The good news is you are at the top of my next batch which will head out Saturday for an expected Tuesday arrival,(Monday is a postal holiday). Tuesday is only 1 day over a week from your order date.
Sorry for the mix up. Had a slug of Cherrys in a row and lost track.

Rick,

BluntMonger

Sincere :( That bites but I did just receive a LB my friend Stieners got me but the Zap keeps calling to me in my dreams zap zap zap lol So i know i wont enjoy anything till i get my hands on this thing xD I'll be happy as a little kid thinking he caught a glimse of Santa Clause I'm going to cuddle this thing like a new born baby when i first get it

BluntMonger,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
^^^^
:lol: Ahhhh, true Zap love to be. Make sure you and your Zap have a bonding session with some Zapolish when it gets up to temp. It really makes you appreciate the Zap even more.

momofthegoons,

Raf007

Retailer
Hi there Rick ,

Sorry to post on FC for such a matter but it's the only other way 8 know to reach you.
I sent you an email last saturday but did not get any answer. I have read here that you had a busy week so not sure if you did get the email or not. My email adress ends like that @laposte.net.
Thx :)

Raf007,

Rick

Zapman
Raf007
Sometimes I do not respond to Emails for different reasons, often the main reason being I am busy at the time. In you case, as with all global shipping inquiries, I will put off a response longer than usual because this topic has come up and answered so many times. I know business people are supposed to continue to answer the same questions over and over again and we try to do that most of the time but we(AZ/MZ) do not ship anything globally and we do not want to expand our business in any way other than from our own website. It is strange sometimes how some folks seem to miss very clear words on our website.
From our FAQ page:

Do you ship Zaps globally?

NO! We ONLY ship to US addresses.

I do wish somebody from the EU, Canada or elsewhere would build a simple log vape for your market. Those of us who make them here have plenty to do keeping up with the US market.

Rick,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
I just got word from one of my friends that they will be getting a Zap soon :)

I cant wait to see what Rick sends em, and get over there to show them some tips and tricks!

AGBeer,

thedeserttortoise

Hi Rick, Mom, Ed, NYc, AG, Lo, Iwien, Reece, and everyone else. I've been hanging out over on the E Cig forum and haven't had the chance to drop in and say hi... I quit the dreaded cigs (well almost all the way..1 cig a day this last week) and have been really enjoying the flavors of the e cig juice's. You think we have a lot of goodies in the market place for our obsession here.... damn, you should check out the E cig stuff. And check this out... your going to love this. My first post was a request for info on e cigs. I mentioned FC and the fact that I vape cannabis... oh wow! Got a big hand slapping on that one. Got an actual infraction notice in my pm box... no statements reflecting on sexual or illegal drug matters. So if I want to take a hit off a joint, get laid, and then smoke my e cig.... well, you get the point. Anyway. Just wanted to say hi to all of you and wish everyone a nice day. Tortoise

thedeserttortoise,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
ROFL! Didn't take you long to get hand slapped Desert...they are slap happy there for sure!

Glad to hear you're doing well. I think once your taste buds start working again you'll appreciate your Zap even more :D

Lo,

Nycdeisel

Hey tortoise :wave:
glad to hear that the Ecigs are working well for ya, just wondering if you found it an easy transition from 'analog cigs'?
:)

Nycdeisel,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
:lol: Hi tortoise, good to see you checking in. Too funny about the other forum. And good to know that we're a more laid back crowd around here. :brow: And Lo's got it right. Wait till your taste buds get straightened out and you start "tasting" the herb for the first time. That's what sold me on vaping. With some of the strains out there, it's like sipping fine wine.

momofthegoons,

Raf007

Retailer
Thx for you answer and time Rick. I was sure I had read the opposite somewhere, therefore the email, My bad.

Raf007,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
It really is a shame that no one outside of the U.S. has started making these. I don't understand it.

Raf, you doing any surfing in the Basque Country? The internet is buzzing about the big waves. You must be in your glory! ;)

momofthegoons,

reece

Hey tortoise.

Do those that administer that forum understand cannabis is not illegal everywhere and the internet is a big place? :lol:

reece,

thedeserttortoise

reece said:
Hey tortoise.

Do those that administer that forum understand cannabis is not illegal everywhere and the internet is a big place? :lol:

Don't I wish.... and Lo. I'm really liking the flavor thing with the e cigs. The transition isn't over yet (still hitting about 1 analog a day) but it's not to bad. I think that the flavor thing kind of appeals to another part of the brain and in a way I'm trying to utilize that aspect. I really enjoy all the different tastes and kind of along the same lines as mom was saying about the herb.. I'm vaping the e cig for different flavors... And really letting myself kind of experience those tastes much like a good herb or fine wine. Geez Reece... I can just see the admin's face if I were to post that last statement there.... Anyway, I've cut the nicotine down from 32 mg to 18 mg now.. I'm shooting for 0 mg nicotine and if I can reach that I'll just vape the e cigs for flavor and something to do out in public. Today was great.. I was helping out with my friends daughter and other kids at the local bowling ally and went into the bar for a drink. I asked if I could vape and the bartender asked if there was any fire or tobacco involved. Pretty soon I had almost everyone in the bowling ally lounge trying it.... Someone then asked if there was any way to do the same with THC..and I wrote down the FC site and gave him a few hints on great vapes to look at.. guess we'll be hearing from him around here soon. Anyway, nice to here all your great posts and I'll be lurking away... Tortoise

Sorry NYc... got yours and Lo's post's mixed up. Anyway.. if you are ever thinking of quitting cigs I would highly recommend e cigs. All the reasons I mentioned above..and hell, their just plain fun. With an almost 0 health risk I think I might just keep doing them until I croak. My new girlfriend is coming to stay with me and I hope she can handle them... she does like the herb but the e cigs are an unknown as she's in the Caribbean right now. She sure hates the cigarettes so I think the change is going to do her good...I hope...and by the way.. Lo. Have you been on that E cig forum. Your post was great. Had me laughing as hard as my infraction notice.... latter..

thedeserttortoise,
Top Bottom