Arizer Solo

Squibler

Hi everyone,

This is my first post on FC. I've been lurking around different threads, reading and learning as much as possible before purchasing my Arizer Solo. I've been combusting on and off for a couple of years, so my tolerance is fairly low. I bought my vaporizer after little convincing from a fellow FC user, who highlighted the multitude of benefits from vaping apposed to combusting. I've only had my solo a short time, and being new to vaping I'm still very much in the experimental stages.

What I'd like to ask is a question which I know has been asked multiple times, but what are your personal 'routines' with the solo? For example, what temperature do you use, how long your sessions last, how much you put into a stem, or how long do you wait in between hits?

I'm sorry if I sound naive talking about any of the above, it is all quite new to me so I'm very much still in the learning process.

Cheers!

Jethro

I hear you Maine420! Nearing 60 in Southern NH.

My Solo stem is PACKED with a pile of kief and a bit of flower and taking one or two sips an hour on level 5 this morning as I clean the truck and work on my snowmobile trailer.

Squibbler, I use a stock Solo stem with a mesh screen against the glass screen. I happen to have some fairly sticky icky stuff right now, and I start heating the device up to about 4 to start. Then I grind my bud fine in a good grinder and fill my stem using the vacuum straw method. I will slightly tamp the material in an effort to keep it falling out onto the heating chamber metal, but not tight, never packed tight. Sometimes I use a lot of kief topped with a small amount of flower and a second mesh screen.

I then turn the Solo upside down and click on the stem while it's heating. It can be set down upright on the base gently to avoid the stem unpacking. I will watch the heater flash constantly until it reaches 4, then you'll see the heating LED skip a beat. It will return to steady flashing in a moment to maintain heat then skip a beat again. I watch it skip a beat a total of 4 times, stem should be in the device getting soaked with heat, then it's time to draw.

It will feel like a milkshake, but you can draw as hard or soft as you like unlike other vapes. With a Pax, if you don't draw slow and low, you will not get a good cloud. Solo you can draw any way you like, it's powerful. Glorious clouds ensue. Much happy. Solo always delivers.

I take 3-5 puffs at a time and then set it down. I will then turn it up to 5 and repeat the heating process, waiting for the LED to skip a beat 4 times and take 3-5 more puffs. Later still I will crank it up to 6 and do it all over again, this time taking as many puffs as I want (it will go on giving vapor for a long time if you want). I rarely stir my material, the Solo seems to extract well and make my ABV a nice, uniform, coffee color.

If my starting material is not that sticky I might start on 5. The drier the material the higher the heat needed to extract. Really dank, sticky icky buds give great flavor and vapor on 3 and even 2. Just let the stem heat soak a bit longer. Anyway, that's some of how I enjoy my SOLO!!!

Last edited:

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Hi everyone,

This is my first post on FC. I've been lurking around different threads, reading and learning as much as possible before purchasing my Arizer Solo. I've been combusting on and off for a couple of years, so my tolerance is fairly low. I bought my vaporizer after little convincing from a fellow FC user, who highlighted the multitude of benefits from vaping apposed to combusting. I've only had my solo a short time, and being new to vaping I'm still very much in the experimental stages.

What I'd like to ask is a question which I know has been asked multiple times, but what are your personal 'routines' with the solo? For example, what temperature do you use, how long your sessions last, how much you put into a stem, or how long do you wait in between hits?

I'm sorry if I sound naive talking about any of the above, it is all quite new to me so I'm very much still in the learning process.

Cheers!
I'm going to the new 007 Movie this morning so let me welcome you to the forum!

Do what feels right to you!

What I do is not the HOLY GRAIL however I use the SOLO everyday and do not take T-Breaks.

I pack a stem full and loose and set the SOLO on level 4 (you need to find your sweet spot)!

Some do it differently?

There is no wrong or right way!

Just a way!

Find your Logic!

Someone can help you better than I however welcome to the correct enjoyment of a harmless weed!

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
@Squibler, welcome to the fun and especially to the Solo. This is an awesome thread, as you can see it is quite long. The folks on the Solo thread are always ready to help out a fellow FCer.

You have purchased yourself a well made product and a unit that will help you discouver the joys of vaporizing. You will be able to taste the different strains of cannabis instead of just experiencing smoke from combusting.

The Solo is very easy to use. Often I suggest a Solo as a first vaporizer. Overcharge the battery in the beginning an 8 hour charge would work, that will help to prolong the battery's performance. Do a couple of burn- offs on the highest temp.

After the burn offs proceed. Turn your Solo to temp 3. Load your stem, don't pack your cannabis. Insert the stem turning your unit up side down, after inserting turn right side up. After the stem heats up (20 seconds). Take a draw, slow and steady draws will get the job done. I usually hold in my draw for about 3 or 4 seconds.

After the first draw wait 30 seconds, try a second draw, if there isn't enough flavor turn the unit up to temp 4. You will be your own guide as to how high of a temperature you will need. We are all different and have different sensitivities to the harshness of vapor.

My sessions are around ten minutes and I use temp 4 and end off at 5. You may be able to get 2 ten minutes sessions from your cannabis. You can lay your stem on a heat proof surface for later session.

You will know your material is spent when there isn't any vapor left or visible vapor clouds. Dump your ABV.

There are several different stems and GonGs available through Planetvape, JoDa glass and @Ed's TnT.

Last edited:

Rise&Solo

If you don't want to reduce the volume, put them in 'dome down'. They are superior to flat screens in that they don't simply jam in the small fraction of the screen that covers a hole (the entire screen 'works' with the curve) and the mesh is much heavier so it fouls slower and is easy to 'flame clean' and reuse. The rims are fused so they don't shed strands of wire as well.

IMO well worth the money......our own Sinclue found them and cued us in.

OF

Thanks for your recent reply on ultrasonic cleaning (and the original tip on PBW).

I accidentally dropped a dirty screen into my PBW water last time I cleaned my stems and it came out pristine. I know you use the burn-off method but I was wondering if you have ever tried the PBW on screens. Mine never get that gunked up as I "scratch" then clean on each load using a wooden handled dissection needle. I don't know if the PBW would work on a really gunked up screen, but with mine they came out looking pristine - like new.

You can buy it on ebay and 1 pound will last a long time!

PBW = Powdered Brew Wash

I'm fortunate to be living in CO which not only has legal pot, it has a large beer making community, so I can get PBW cheaply here in whatever quantity I want. A jar of this will always have a place in my cleaning kit. It is like magic powder.

Squibler

I use a stock Solo stem with a mesh screen against the glass screen.

I've been meaning to get myself some mesh screens due to fragments of flower coming through as I take hits, I was also looking into an easyflow stem, but I seem to see many people using the stock.

My session is around ten minutes and I use temp 4 and end off at 5. You nay be able to get 2 ten minutes sessions from your cannabis.

I think the experimental stages will help me find out how to enjoy it in my specific way, everyone seems to enjoy their solos at different temperatures.

There is no wrong or right way!

Just a way!

Find your Logic!

More experimental times with my Solo is needed! :rockon:
Just happy that I've got a community such as yourselves that can guide me as I embark on this new journey.

Last edited:

OF

Thanks for your recent reply on ultrasonic cleaning (and the original tip on PBW).

I accidentally dropped a dirty screen into my PBW water last time I cleaned my stems and it came out pristine. I know you use the burn-off method but I was wondering if you have ever tried the PBW on screens.

You're welcome, glad to help when I can.

Yes, I've used PBW but generally only on assembled stems any more. With fine screens it can be tough removing solid bits mechanically. Flaming them clean is much faster, easier (unless you're already mixing PBW, and even then it's debatable IMO) and more complete (basically all clean holes). And it ends dry and ready to go, in the past I'd have a dozen or more soggy screens to deal with on wash day. I'd end up with rows of them on a paper towel on top of the router drying.......and getting spilled on the floor from time to time of course......

Whatever works for you is fine, I just find fire works better on loose screens.

OF

Dr. Soxhlet

SOLO Vaporized Cannabis is my Best Medicine

I used to use the Solo on level 6 when I first got it, gradually lowered it to 4 after 2 years or so.
Now it is almost always level 4, if I cough I lower it to level 3. I don't pay too much attention to soaking the load first and go the full 12 minute session. Some times I grind it, but I find it tastes better if you just pack a bud in there and go for it.

How long between hits? It depends, sometimes I get so high, I forget to take the next hit; or just fall asleep.:zzz:

Like they say:Find your own sweet spot.:lol::leaf:

Last edited:

Jethro

I've been meaning to get myself some mesh screens due to fragments of flower coming through as I take hits, I was also looking into an easyflow stem, but I seem to see many people using the stock.

I only have the stock stem, but I have mail coming soon! Pimping my Solo out- in a big way. However, I have no issues with the stock stem, that's for sure. I am new to Solo myself, but so far I have discovered I like a fine grind, as fine as possible, really. And using a screen really helps for that. Especially when loading a stem using the sucking method! But also as the material gets extracted more and more. If you find yourself wanting to stir, it's easiest to dump the stem and reload. It gets finer and finer as you toke obviously.

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
I think it's good to allow the Solo to recover between draws of 30 seconds or more. You will notice the unit cools down right after you draw. You want the heat to get back to the setting that you desired.

If you decide to get a water tool there are several cheap models off of DHgate. These are knock offs and are made well enough to work really great. There are several that work well with the Solo. The D020 bubbler is one you will hear a lot about.

When you read through the last 20 pages or so you will see what folks are using. I would never buy a vaporizer knock off - a word to the wise. You will see vaporizer knock offs on DHgate, they look real but they are not and might be a fire hazard. You can't go wrong with the water tools though. I just don't want folks to think if the water tools are great then the vaporizers must be too because they are not.

Last edited:

uhranium

Take a small nug, put it into your stem, turn solo on 3, puff a bit, turn on 4, puff some more.
take out the nug, grind it up between your fingers and suck on the solo stem to draw the crumbs back into the stem. turn on 5/6 and make the ABV brown.

relax for 2 hours.

or the new variation I learned with the mighty. Put in a finely grinded peace of non-existant bud (0.02g) and mix it with ABV for filler material. Heat level 6, take one long draw and dump the ABV-weed mix for later use. Relax for 1 hour.

I've been collecting my reclaim in cotton cut into little gooey pieces I use on occasion, for science I decided to roll the booger in kief.

Probably the cloudiest results from the solo yet. I pretty much use the solo on level 7 through water exclusively lately, taking it off the stem in between hits. Since getting my gong I've found leaving the solo on the stem at lower temps usually ends in me forgetting about it or getting preoccupied at some point and wasting it!

Dry I use lower temps and flavor chase.

Squibler

I used to use the Solo on level 6 when I first got it

I seem to start on a lower temperature, say 4, then I get a tad carried away chasing clouds and quickly turn up to 6 and vape until the 12 minute shut off. For me this produces nice vapour, but I have noticed a trend of people turning down to their preferred temperatures, after starting vaping at quite a high setting.

I've been collecting my reclaim in cotton

This is another factor of vaping which interests me hugely, I love the idea of minimum waste. It WILL be something I look into greatly once I'm comfortable with the Solo.

I like a fine grind, as fine as possible, really. And using a screen really helps for that

Yeah I'm experimenting with how fine I grind. At the current I seem to get good effects by packing in fairly thickly ground herb at the temperatures noted above. I will grind my herb finer for experimenting when I'm able to get my hands on some mesh.

I think it's good to allow the Solo to recover between draws of 30 seconds or more. You will notice the unit cools down right after you draw. You want the heat to get back to the setting that you desired.

I have noticed that cool down. I had a session last night with my solo, and I was waiting around 30-50 seconds in between draws. It seems to work quite nicely producing some thick clouds.

I seem to start on a lower temperature, say 4, then I get a tad carried away chasing clouds and quickly turn up to 6 and vape until the 12 minute shut off. For me this produces nice vapour, but I have noticed a trend of people turning down to their preferred temperatures, after starting vaping at quite a high setting.

I believe you've got it flip flopped, it would be counter productive to vape at lower temps once its already been through higher temps because most if not all the actives accessible at those temps would of already been vaped. Generally folks start low end high, many don't ever go over 5 where I generally use 6-7 exclusively. If you start low you get to isolate the terps and headier feelings, at higher temps its more akin to combusting as you release the low temp and high temp actives at once. Check this thread out, lots of great information: fuckcombustion.com/threads/vaporization-temperature-dependent-selection-of-effects.1637 .

Here is another great thread concerning reclaim and several methods on collecting it:
fuckcombustion.com/threads/how-to-clean-vape-parts-and-reclaim-resin.795 . Some people will suggest making chocolate milk by heating the milk up and stirring your solo stem in until the reclaim dissolves but be careful on how dirty a stem you use! My first experience was a little uncomfortable, my stem was too dirty and I got out there medicated lol. I find the cotton more enjoyable and predictable personally but there's several things you can do with it. You can also reuse your ABV (already been vaped) for edibles, tincture or qwiso.

Welcome to the solo club, fun little unit lots of different ways to use it. Have fun!

Squibler

I believe you've got it flip flopped, it would be counter productive to vape at lower temps once its already been through higher temps because most if not all the actives accessible at those temps would of already been vaped

Ah, I don't think I explained myself properly, what I meant was people when first use their Solo, they start with high temperatures for the start of their sessions, but as they get used to the Solo people tend to lower the heat settings for the start of their sessions. Sorry for the miss communication.

Here is another great thread concerning reclaim and several methods on collecting it:

I'll be sure to have a read, many thanks!

Jethro

Oooooh, a bit of a Monday morning "weed" hangover... and when I saw my bank account? Yikes. I think I got carried away this weekend with my Solo vaporizer. I vaped at least 2 grams of flower, probably another half gram of kief, then ordered $120 worth of Dhgate glass and a hundred more in gongs, stems, screens, misc. Oh well- it will be worth it.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
people when first use their Solo, they start with high temperatures for the start of their sessions, but as they get used to the Solo people tend to lower the heat settings for the start of their sessions.

I started on 3 for the first couple of years.
Now I like 4 the best!
Young guns like even higher temperatures.

Isn't the UK like IRAN?

Can you medicate there without having your head cut off?

kellya86

Herb gardener...
Isn't the UK like IRAN?

Can you medicate there without having your head cut off?

Ha the police would bearly be able to afford the knife. Let alone paying someone to do the cutting. Uk police are skint. Can't afford to keep wasting our money on a harmless, pointless crime.

So no its not that bad here. It's like the motorways here. 70 is the limit. But everyone does 90 and the police don't seem to mind.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Ha the police would bearly be able to afford the knife. Let alone paying someone to do the cutting. Uk police are skint. Can't afford to keep wasting our money on a harmless, pointless crime.

So no its not that bad here. It's like the motorways here. 70 is the limit. But everyone does 90 and the police don't seem to mind.
I joke of course!
Just trying to get a feel of what it's like in the UK?

In the early 90's I spent a fair amount of time in the UK and had a lot of fun.
I heard it is not the same?

I've been around the world a few times and find where I live and grew up like a BUBBLE.
There are jokes about our bubble but at least it's protected.

CANNABIS in a SOLO in the garden is very incredible!

Correction:
Sour Lemon Drops OG in a SOLO on level 4!

Sorry I am a bit medicated!

Last edited:
Top Bottom