Arizer Solo

Copicutbass11

King Kong ain't got nothin on me
yea you can use it with the stock stem but IMHO I would use just a little bit of tubing on the end to make a better seal. I mean it makes a good enough seal but like I said IMHO it isn't 100%
Thanks for the input, ended up ordering the phvegong anyway, but good to know I can make it work if need be

Copicutbass11,

nighteyes

Vaporist
So pleased to hear that you're smitten! Good luck with ditching the J's! The Solo certainly did the trick for me - here's hoping things work out for you too.

Did you buy the power adapter? I waited a while before buying mine, but once I put my hands in my pocket, I wished I had done so sooner - it really is worth that little extra investment IMO.
:) :peace: :leaf:

No I didnt buy the PA.....but have just placed an order with Pipes for the CARPA :)

Pipes is a legend, he even sourced me a power supply in UK to connect up to it.

bussinrounds

So, I had ordered a Plenty and it still has not shipped. While waiting I discovered this incredible site...I know, a bit late, huh? Anyway, I am concerned that with the Plenty I hear it really eats away your trees, because I would be primarily solo vaping. Would this be a good alternative? I am new to vaping and was intrigued by the Plenty, but also was intrigued about conserving bud through vaping, is this a good vape for conserving for a single user?

Thanks much for any help everyone.
Yea, I have a purple days log vape ;pd; too and that thing conserves like a mf ! Gives great hits for such a little amount packed. That and the Solo (plus gong & water tool) is a great combo for me !

olivianewtonjohn

Yea, I have a purple days log vape ;pd; too and that thing conserves like a mf ! Gives great hits for such a little amount packed. That and the Solo (plus gong & water tool) is a great combo for me !
Interesting always heard how the log vapes are very conservative. How close do you think the solo ranks in conserving bud? I had to buy a new scale just to weigh the solo bowl size. Lightly packed was .060g and a sometimes I load it with .020g.

olivianewtonjohn,

TheRamblingSoul

The SOLO is my daily driver these days while I tune up all my gadgets.
I have two different J-Hooks.
Both of them do a great job.

With a GonG adapter it replaces the stem and hooks up to a ash collectors well.

I know there are many good vaporizers available these day's however I have the SOLO'S so dialed in!

The Sherlock was $10.00 at the local smoke shop.

Nice, where'd you get the J-Hook though? I'm considering getting one made through OregonGlassBlower.

TheRamblingSoul,

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Nice, where'd you get the J-Hook though? I'm considering getting one made through OregonGlassBlower.
Oregon Glass Blowers would make a nice one.
They have good glass!

Mine works well however the quality is substandard.
I'm in the process of upgrading most of my glass.
At my local Smoke Shop the Sherlocks were $10.00

The better made ones are $20 to $30

Last edited:
ataxian,
Reactions: Snappo

bussinrounds

Interesting always heard how the log vapes are very conservative. How close do you think the solo ranks in conserving bud? I had to buy a new scale just to weigh the solo bowl size. Lightly packed was .060g and a sometimes I load it with .020g.
It's tough to tell exactly, but since I got my solo, I've been going thru bud so much faster than when I just had the PD only. I'm sure some has to do with the f-bomb/water cooling and being able to inhale more at once, cause it's so smooth.

bussinrounds,

bussinrounds

Do you solo users feel that you use more less or the same amount as when you were combusting?
With combusting, you all burn it up all in one shot !

Vaping should always pretty much use less than combusting. BUT combusting makes me crash and want to sleep, vaping I can stay up and not get tired (which equals more vaping)

So I guess I vape more now, than when I combusted., hit for hit

Last edited:

olivianewtonjohn

Do you solo users feel that you use more less or the same amount as when you were combusting?
Like I said a lightly packed bowl is roughly .060g (grounded); since im a lightweight 1-2 bowls does it for me. In my opinion its certainly twice as efficient, likely more.

As a point of reference a joint is .5g-1g depending on size. So my typical use is 4.16X more efficient than smoking a .5g joint. Taking this further for good grade flowers its about $1.42 per session for me.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
With combusting, you all burn it up all in one shot !

Vaping should always pretty much use less than combusting. BUT combusting makes me crash and want to sleep, vaping I can stay up and not get tired (which equals more vaping)

So I guess I vape more now, than when I combusted., hit for hit
Like you the SOLO let's me do stuff!
I think I will always use this baby as long as I breathe!
The SOLO is a medical device!

If recreation is your pleasure the SOLO is a healthier alternative than Combustion!

havock69

So while I wait for the pvhegong I found that the cone shaped orange silicone piece from my supreme vaporizer fits on my solo stem perfectly. Such a great seal from a great vape. Still hoping for a supreme v3. still one of my favorite vapes

havock69,
Reactions: Stu

olivianewtonjohn

Sometimes, I think I consume more thc than when combusting X_X
But Im sure I use less than half the buds
That might not be true if your going to level 7. I tried making brownie ABV and it turned out awful this was after 24+hrs in a slow cooker extracting the chemicals into oil. It had some very sleepy effects that I felt for like 24hrs with minimum high; I also had to eat alot of it to feel the effects. I took this as a good sign that the solo is efficient. The only reason why you might not get full extraction or close to full extraction is if your flowers are too moist. A dryer flower actually lets you extract more IMO (as seen by the darker ABV you get with drier bowls).

SOLOGreen

Hello to all forum members! I ordered and just received my first vaporizer: Arizer SOLO.:D Before these days I never used vaporizers in my life, but I decided to retire from combustion and i'm fully satisfied. After a week that i'm using my SOLO and thorough reading all of the tricks and tips written by you here, I have bought from the site planetvape.ca the SS screens "Fine" and "X fine" for the draw side and the O-ring to prevent the stem comes off. ( @samirfuzzywuzzy I'm a damn! I was not able to read your deal first :doh:)

I'm still learning how to use my SOLO and your advice improving my learning curve.

I use two screens:

Glass Honeycomb against the heater
Stainless steel on the draw side

The DAISY screens I use on other devices

I do find I get a cooler vapor & a longer session.

I play around with both the Honeycomb and the Daisey configurations.

@ataxian you advice to use a Honeycomb screen against the heater in the bottom of the bowl to avoid excessive heating of the material inside, and decrease the flavor of burnt popcorn, right? Or is it better to use a daisy glass screen into the stem of the SOLO?! Can you post me a link of where I could buy them?

Because I use a fairly dry material and it happened that i feel, at level 3/4, a little 'flavor of popcorn after 5/6 hits. This is Normal? is this the real problem? my herbs must not be in contact with the end of the bowl? :hmm:

Last edited:

Anonymouse

Sith I care
Did we find a place where us international folks can take advantage of the Pinnacle WT offer without getting raped on charges? Yoyokid1 wanted US$30 to ship it, which is frankly taking the piss a bit. :/

I even emailed TRVB asking about international shipping to Oz, and their support just sent me a form letter telling me to ring a US number and they'd take my order, then didn't reply to any further messages (such as "How expensive will it be to phone you from Australia?" and "How do I know if I want to make said phone order if you won't tell me what the shipping will cost?").

Anonymouse,
Reactions: Tom Funk

Yuusha

I've had my Arizer Solo for quite a while now, and I can't really say I'm satisfied with my purchase. It's very stealthy, but using it just feels like a pain.

Even after 3 x 12 minute sessions of taking long, slow draws with at most 20 seconds inbetween draws, it is still producing plenty of vapor, meaning the plant material is still not spent. That probably sounds great, right? It's not. While it's still producing plenty of vapor, the effect of each draw is greatly reduced after the first 12 minute session, but I still don't want to just load a new bowl when I know that the current bowl is not spent yet. It's really a pain in the ass to take draws for 36 minutes just to inhale 0.1g worth of plant material.

I simply can't get as high as I can with for example a joint, since I can only vape 0.1g at a time, and it takes ages. Vaping with company, even just one other person, is completely out of the question because of this. If I share a bowl with just one other person, neither of us get high. And my tolerance isn't high, mind you, I've never met anyone who gets high as easily as I do.

Am I doing something wrong? I usually start out at a temperature of 3-4 and then gradually increase to 7 as vapor production declines.

Thanks in advance.

Yuusha,

Vaporito

I dunno man, I've been smoking for 30+ years, yet the solo works great for me... I usually do a 10 session at 3 o 4, then go to 7 for another 4-5 min.

the shorty Glass stem is perfect for me, and the regular size for me and my wife.

I find it quite efficient, and way more than the original davinci.

Some of the added feeling you might be getting form combusting a joint is all the carcinogens and other stuff being burnt and your body reacting not just to the thc but to the smoke....

I get a different, very nice and yes potent high on vapor than combustion.

Lately I like the solo at 3 the best...

olivianewtonjohn

I've had my Arizer Solo for quite a while now, and I can't really say I'm satisfied with my purchase. It's very stealthy, but using it just feels like a pain.

Even after 3 x 12 minute sessions of taking long, slow draws with at most 20 seconds inbetween draws, it is still producing plenty of vapor, meaning the plant material is still not spent. That probably sounds great, right? It's not. While it's still producing plenty of vapor, the effect of each draw is greatly reduced after the first 12 minute session, but I still don't want to just load a new bowl when I know that the current bowl is not spent yet. It's really a pain in the ass to take draws for 36 minutes just to inhale 0.1g worth of plant material.

I simply can't get as high as I can with for example a joint, since I can only vape 0.1g at a time, and it takes ages. Vaping with company, even just one other person, is completely out of the question because of this. If I share a bowl with just one other person, neither of us get high. And my tolerance isn't high, mind you, I've never met anyone who gets high as easily as I do.

Am I doing something wrong? I usually start out at a temperature of 3-4 and then gradually increase to 7 as vapor production declines.

Thanks in advance.

Im not sure the issue or how to fix that (weird issue). But do you have access to a water pipe? You can start with 5 and goto 7 with a water pipe; the effects are always much quicker for me

EDIT: How dry is your material? Grinded? And do you pack it? You can try letting a bowl sit out to test

olivianewtonjohn,
Reactions: Seren

as

Thanks in advance.

try making a vapor lung http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/the-amazing-vapor-lung.7526/ this is what i use and trust me it hits you hard do 2-3 bows like this filling the lung till vapor stops and you should be fucked can be done with just a stock stem a bottle and a bag

as,

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Hello to all forum members! I ordered and just received my first vaporizer: Arizer SOLO.:D Before these days I never used vaporizers in my life, but I decided to retire from combustion and i'm fully satisfied. After a week that i'm using my SOLO and thorough reading all of the tricks and tips written by you here, I have bought from the site planetvape.ca the SS screens "Fine" and "X fine" for the draw side and the O-ring to prevent the stem comes off. ( @samirfuzzywuzzy I'm a damn! I was not able to read your deal first :doh:)

I'm still learning how to use my SOLO and your advice improving my learning curve.

@ataxian you advice to use a Honeycomb screen against the heater in the bottom of the bowl to avoid excessive heating of the material inside, and decrease the flavor of burnt popcorn, right? Or is it better to use a daisy glass screen into the stem of the SOLO?! Can you post me a link of where I could buy them?

Because I use a fairly dry material and it happened that i feel, at level 3/4, a little 'flavor of popcorn after 5/6 hits. This is Normal? is this the real problem? my herbs must not be in contact with the end of the bowl? :hmm:

I like both so I can mix the experience!
ebay is were I get the glass screens
Try both or just one type.
If I go too hot I get headaches.
Maybe that's why I chase flavor and not clouds?

Last edited:

spoutti

That might not be true if your going to level 7. I tried making brownie ABV and it turned out awful this was after 24+hrs in a slow cooker extracting the chemicals into oil. It had some very sleepy effects that I felt for like 24hrs with minimum high; I also had to eat alot of it to feel the effects. I took this as a good sign that the solo is efficient. The only reason why you might not get full extraction or close to full extraction is if your flowers are too moist. A dryer flower actually lets you extract more IMO (as seen by the darker ABV you get with drier bowls).
Yeah, I mostly use dry material. What I meant is its so efficient that i think i consume more thc even if i use less than half the buds.

When combusting, I would roll 0.2-0.35g joints avg. Half grams joints was my overkill superfat ones. But I regularly consume 0.16g bols. If its more than twice as efficient vaping vs combusting, well im consuming more than when i was combusting.

Thanks in advance.
I had that "problem" too. I have to vape outside and 2+ 12min sessions is quite long compared to express joint smoking. And the later pulls feel wimpy, im not sure they are really potent. I actually rarely spend my herb completly; I will do some green dragon with my abv one day.

For me, a turning point is when I switched from slooooow pulls to "puff like a cigarette" many times. My tolerance was up the roof and I wanted to get high. I switched to aggressively pumping my solo and WHAM! I had a new coating of thc carpeting my brain. Its faster to spend the bowl that way too i feel.

spoutti,
Reactions: Snappo
Top Bottom