Arizer Solo

Holy crap dude I think you just helped me figure out something that's been having me pull my hair out the whole time I've been working on my new battery packs for the Solo...I assume it's three yellow lights right? That seems to be the undervolt debug indicator

Glad to help you stumble upon a potential solution, CentiZen.

Affirmative, it is the three flashing 1-2-3 yellow lights.

Tim from Boston,
Reactions: Red Indy

al bundy

Vaporist
Couple weeks back I posted about the wacky beeping/lights flashing charging issues I (and others) occasionally have with the M1A.

I am aware of the "reset" instructions and have made sure my charger is working (red light on when plugged in).

This weekend I stumbled upon either a coincidence or the actual trigger to the problem.

Usually I leave the charger plugged into a wall outlet and attach the Solo when I want to recharge after every use. If I keep recharging in this order, all is fine.

Occasionally, I move things around or am going portable, and when I set up to recharge I plug the Solo into the charger first and THEN put the plug in the outlet.

Almost exclusively, my unit only seems to go out of whack when I plug into a wall outlet as the FINAL step.

And when I need to get the Solo to "reset" by holding down both buttons, it only goes back to "normal" when I plug into a wall outlet as the FINAL step.

To keep it running OK, I can then go back to the "plug into wall outlet FIRST" method (until I forget and have to reset all over again).

I am not an electronics whiz. Is this possible? Can the order you power up the charger be a factor?

Comments?

That's possible.I notice if I'm charging Solo and pull charger from wall the Solo will turn on,blue light only.

al bundy,

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
That's possible.I notice if I'm charging Solo and pull charger from wall the Solo will turn on,blue light only.
Check out this set up for one of my SOLO's:

The size is perfect for my needs. I want to get a big rig however this thing really medicates me!
2b-water_zpsff9f8264.jpg

VaPeD&CoNfUsEd

JoDa Glassworks
Glass Blower
Wow! After reading about you guys having charging problems I went to plug my solo in and got the 1 2 3 yellow light plus a big beeeeeeeeeeeep..... For the whole time I leave it plugged in. I've tried the 4 second reset, plugging it in to the socket with and without solo attached. Wtf?

EDIT: I ran a 12 minute cycle then plugged it in again and it did it again so I tried another reset, this time it worked. Solo back to normal. Makes me scratch my head though.

Red Indy

Low carbon PSYCHONAUT
Some Ebayer really smashing Solo prices: Might this be an indication of a new one coming soon?
Anyway, some ppl could really profit from this I guess and they aren't just selling Solo's....
Pity that they don't ship overseas, I'd really get me one if I could.

Red Indy,
Reactions: ataxian

olivianewtonjohn

Some Ebayer really smashing Solo prices: Might this be an indication of a new one coming soon?
Anyway, some ppl could really profit from this I guess and they aren't just selling Solo's....
Pity that they don't ship overseas, I'd really get me one if I could.
You got me scratching my head. That price seems to be pretty normal on ebay even from US sellers. I have even seen $140

I lowered it to like 3 mm.
I'm a new to this WPW (WATER PATH WORLD)!
CACTUS COOLER Medicine with this Method is a Game Changer!
You need just enough water to cover both the slits, then a little extra imo.

The Solo is so good through water, its just unreal. Its a shame Arizer didn't see or at least market this potential itself. PV has probably done really well for themselves in the Solo accessory business, particularly with the GonGs.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT

The Solo is so good through water, its just unreal. Its a shame Arizer didn't see or at least market this potential itself. PV has probably done really well for themselves in the Solo accessory business, particularly with the GonGs.
I don't want to crash the party however the SOLO through WATER?
This is so amazing!

A SOLO MINI?

ataxian,
Reactions: rcflo

m0sh

Singer Song Writer Stoner

This is why we're here.

Red Indy

Low carbon PSYCHONAUT
I buyed it from PIU from Europe without any problem and Randy made a very good deal with the PA :)

Well, yeah PIU seems great but still... not any European dealer can beat US prices.....
For as far as could find at least....

Red Indy,

m0sh

Singer Song Writer Stoner
Well, yeah PIU seems great but still... not any European dealer can beat US prices.....

They truly suck then.... not trying to be rude but I think Europe is too full of its self... everything became so expensive its no wonder there's problems now...and I see no reason why not to order from US even if you're from Europe.

m0sh,

b0

Cloudy...
They truly suck then.... not trying to be rude but I think Europe is too full of its self... everything became so expensive its no wonder there's problems now...and I see no reason why not to order from US even if you're from Europe.

Yeah, right now is best for us to order vapes from US. I have bought a Solo and 2 MFLB this month and for the same price (or maybe a little less) I would have payed for a Solo here in Europe, I bought it with the PA. And the same happened with the MFLB, I bought one of the packs from PIU (with some little changes Randy let me do) for the same price as a MFLB retails in Europe...

Red Indy

Low carbon PSYCHONAUT

Right on bro!!!!

Yeah, right now is best for us to order vapes from US. I have bought a Solo and 2 MFLB this month and for the same price (or maybe a little less) I would have payed for a Solo here, I bought it with the PA. And the same happened with the MFLB, I bought one of the packs from PIU (with some little changes Randy let me do) for the same price as a MFLB retails here...

But I want to pay US price not EU price.
Compared to that Ebay offer it is almost 50 % less than the best EU price on the net.
That's no peanuts.

Red Indy,
Reactions: rcflo

b0

Cloudy...
That's why I buy from US, to pay US price. Maybe I didn't explain good enough in my post? English is not my main language. :shrug:

salivape

On
That's why I buy from US, to pay US price. Maybe I didn't explain good enough in my post? English is not my main language. :shrug:

Once you add on the import and shipping fees I dont really see it being that much cheaper than ordering from Europe. In the uk the cheapest Ive found is £150 from an authorized seller. But it does come with 4 stems and a grinder. So add on all the extras plus shipping and I doubt theres a better deal to be had. By all means prove me wrong! Im in the market for one

Also if you need to use the warranty in the US thats a whole lot more money you need to pay out

salivape,

Wolf46

Vapor War Team Cap
bo, but you dont pay the tax from a us shipment!?
yes the us price on ebay are really good, but the 30% tax on the price didn't kill the discount?!!
i buy my solo from amazon.uk for 149 pound (170 euro more or less) and it come with an extra bent set (one straight and one curve) so for me is a good price and i wait only 5-6 days...
Please explain to me how you save your money! (i'm serious not sarcastic, you are a great help).

Wolf46,

b0

Cloudy...
bo, but you dont pay the tax from a us shipment!?
yes the us price on ebay are really good, but the 30% tax on the price didn't kill the discount?!!
i buy my solo from amazon.uk for 149 pound (170 euro more or less) and it come with an extra bent set (one straight and one curve) so for me is a good price and i wait only 5-6 days...
Please explain to me how you save your money! (i'm serious not sarcastic, you are a great help).

I always avoid customs, if the price declared in the package is under X (I don't know the exact amount) a lot of US sellers (not only vapes, sellers in general) don't have a problem declaring the price lower. I don't know how it works in others country, but here in Spain is like that.

Also if you need to use the warranty in the US thats a whole lot more money you need to pay out

Well, to send to UK or to US is not a much bigger difference from here, maybe 5€ or less. I have been all my life buying from all around the world and never had a problem apart from some delays.

Edit: Maybe this is offtopic, so if you want we can continue the chat by PM to not derail the post:)

Chill Dude

I agree, PV sells awesome accessories especially for the Solo. Unlike some of you Solo veterans I've only had mine for a few months, but I totally love it...I couple days ago I ordered one of those Pinnacle WT for my Solo. I'm pretty exited to get it and crank the Solo up to level 7 and enjoy the Solo with water! The only problem is that I need a 14mm GonG PVHES adapter and PV doesn't have them in stock right now. I think PV has great products and services, my only gripe is the frequent lack of inventory for items like PVHES GonG's and Stems. Can any of you long time PV customers clue me in on why PV quite often is out of stock on their PVHES products? It seems that they would order bulk supplies of their most popular products. I don't get it.....,

Chill Dude,
Top Bottom