Arizer Solo

hoptimum

allright thx for the help guys! The only thing stopping me from buying the solo was the price, but for 160$, from what i've read no other portable comes even close, or do you guys have any other suggestions for a similar price?

also, any hints on where i might find the discount codes for gotvape? Its not hard to find for puffitup or planet vape, but for gotvape i'll have to look around a bit more i think.

I managed to break my da buddha after 3 years of loyal service and big vapor production is important for me, the solo will not dissapoint i believe :D

also, can the solo vape hash? I've got a bunch laying around i intended to use with my DBV before i managed to break it, but i needed to increase the temp a lot compared to bud to vape it to it's fullest extent. Would it clog the solo, or would it even be possible at all?
Jens,
In my experience, the Solo won't hit as hard as Da Buddha, perhaps because of the restricted air flow. The PV stems and Ed's stems address this issue by allowing more air flow. I don't know exactly how much that helps, so maybe others can chime in, but I doubt it will hit as hard as Da Buddha even with the PV stems. I havent tried to vape hash in the Solo, and I'm not sure it gets hot enough, certainly not as hot as Da Buddha. That said, the Solo hits very well for a portable device. Note, I haven't tried the Pax, which people seem to like a lot. Gotvape has a price matching option called seen it for less where you enter a lower price and it either accepts it or doesnt. I haven't bought anything from them so I cannot vouch for their customer service.

hoptimum,

mr_

The rubber grommet is going on the end of the 6" long stock stem

I've had about 7-8 straight sessions before without having the upper 3-4" of the stem not even get hot, so I don't think it'll be too much of an issue

For it to be an issue, the glass would have to be hot enough to transfer that heat over to the rubber grommet, which will then release fumes and somehow be drawn into the bubbler for me to inhale

In other words, it won't get hot enough, if even warm, to produce any problems

I haven't even tried it yet, will know after 4 hours or so after my class, exam, run to the storage unit, and quick session to see how it works. I might even give it a shot before my exam, depends on traffic really

The Solo milks the hell out of my 12" straight tube with no effort, and thats simply taking my stock stem and shoving it in the hole where my 14mm GonG bowl goes, and it works perfect with no adapters/grommets/etc

Trying to use a smaller diffused bubbler (8") to make it easier to carry, but the seal sucks as its not GonG, and just a regular bowl

Will find out how it works in about 5 hours

SUCCESS!!!!

3/8" grommet fit the end of my stock stem perfectly, and that same grommet fit the inner diameter of the bowl on my bubbler as well. It literally makes it look like a perfect fit, and it creates the perfect seal.

Vaped 3 bowls straight to give it a good run through the bubbler, and it worked perfectly. Not bad for abotu 15 minutes of my time and $1.07 at home depot, I now have a diffused worked sherlock bubbler that will probably be my go-to piece for vapor-bonging

I also didn't have the patience to wait until after the exam, so I just vapor-bonged away in my car while studying. Went in there pretty freaking ripped, but still pulled off an upper B/lower A. Not too shabby

mr_,
Reactions: poonman

Crumpet

I just saw this from PlanetVape: $160 Solo price!

Man, I feel like a total tool for ordering last week.

After waiting a month for my solo from puffitup (it is stuck in customs, not puffitup's fault), I broke down and ordered one from planetvape last week. So until my first solo makes it through customs and I can sell it to someone, I've paid nearly $500 for this thing.

/facepalm

Crumpet,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
Hey Crumpet, I don't know if it will do a lot of good, but you may want to contact PV about that, there is a slight chance they may work with you... worth a shot.

jambandphan03,

tepictoton

was thinking the same, specially if you are also waithing for the new stock? If it's allready shipped it might be another story, still I think they will be more then willing to help you out...:2c:

Jens

Jens,
In my experience, the Solo won't hit as hard as Da Buddha, perhaps because of the restricted air flow. The PV stems and Ed's stems address this issue by allowing more air flow. I don't know exactly how much that helps, so maybe others can chime in, but I doubt it will hit as hard as Da Buddha even with the PV stems. I havent tried to vape hash in the Solo, and I'm not sure it gets hot enough, certainly not as hot as Da Buddha. That said, the Solo hits very well for a portable device. Note, I haven't tried the Pax, which people seem to like a lot. Gotvape has a price matching option called seen it for less where you enter a lower price and it either accepts it or doesnt. I haven't bought anything from them so I cannot vouch for their customer service.

well i know it won't hit as hard, but as long as there are no other alternatives that are better and in the same price range, i can live with that. And i've read on here and on grasscity that the solo can handle hash, it just takes a little longer since it has to soften up a little first (this was also my experience with my da buddha)

Do you need to stir your bowl with the solo?

Jens,

hoptimum

well i know it won't hit as hard, but as long as there are no other alternatives that are better and in the same price range, i can live with that. And i've read on here and on grasscity that the solo can handle hash, it just takes a little longer since it has to soften up a little first (this was also my experience with my da buddha)

Do you need to stir your bowl with the solo?
It's not absolutely necessary since the herb cooks very evenly. I like how clean it tastes so I start at a low temp, around 3 usually, without bong, and after it seems like it's not yielding much vapor, take the stem off (upside down of course) and give it a little stir. Then raise the temp and hit on it again. The device has a 12 minute automatic shutoff, but I'm usually done with my session by then. I agree with your assessment, within that price range I don't think you can go wrong with the solo. If you use hash, make sure it doesn't melt and drip down the tiny holes in the bowl.

hoptimum,

poonman

SUCCESS!!!!

3/8" grommet fit the end of my stock stem perfectly, and that same grommet fit the inner diameter of the bowl on my bubbler as well. It literally makes it look like a perfect fit, and it creates the perfect seal.

Vaped 3 bowls straight to give it a good run through the bubbler, and it worked perfectly. Not bad for abotu 15 minutes of my time and $1.07 at home depot, I now have a diffused worked sherlock bubbler that will probably be my go-to piece for vapor-bonging

I also didn't have the patience to wait until after the exam, so I just vapor-bonged away in my car while studying. Went in there pretty freaking ripped, but still pulled off an upper B/lower A. Not too shabby

3/8" grommet at Home Depot .
Thank you very much mr .
Gonna see if the one near me has any .
I recently picked up a cheap bubbler at my LHS and have been dying to try water vaping .

I still want to get the GonG adapter from Planetvape...along with some PVHES stems .
But I will wait til they have all the toys in stock , mainly the stems , so I only have to
order one time .

So the grommet might be worth a try .
Thanx again mr

poonman,

chris 71

i have been vaping hash a few times now with my solo i would fluff it up carefully with a lighter then vape maybe 6,7 pulls and figured it was done and throw it in the abv jar.
but the other day i crushed [fluffed] it up again after the first pulls using the heat from vaping, and put it back in the bowl. left it there for some time [hours].
then turned it on again and wow!! i got some good heavy vapor another 6 or 7 pulls easy worked great. this was pressed hash.
im sure it would work good with hand rubbed too, not sure about bubble though. i really like my solo mite have to get another with that 160 deal. i also just got the power adapter and an extension cord just for the solo.:tup:

chris 71,

JDR

How long can you pound away at dark brown?

I know this topic has been covered from a million different angles but.. can one just blast away at 7 for as long as there is vaporish smoke coming off it, even if it gets a rather dark brown? i don't taste any combustive output. it tastes great and produces clouds (i know, i know.. sorry, i just love clouds) until i finally just have to call it quits. i don't know if there is just infinite oils in there? even if it was combusting straight up, it would be more charred and use up the material. since its not, i think i'm still vaping when it's dark brown. i didn't used to think so.

i have been vaping hash a few times now with my solo i would fluff it up carefully with a lighter then vape maybe 6,7 pulls and figured it was done and throw it in the abv jar.
but the other day i crushed [fluffed] it up again after the first pulls using the heat from vaping, and put it back in the bowl. left it there for some time [hours].
then turned it on again and wow!! i got some good heavy vapor another 6 or 7 pulls easy worked great. this was pressed hash.
im sure it would work good with hand rubbed too, not sure about bubble though. i really like my solo mite have to get another with that 160 deal. i also just got the power adapter and an extension cord just for the solo.:tup:

On the hash-by-solo point, a point dear to my heart, I've been doing some of my own clinical trials in this regard lately, aided by the requisite screens, and yet still feel I have only just dipped my toe in how-to-vape-hash-with-your-solo pool, if there is such a pool. That said, my short prescription is this:

1) place screen in gong adapter
2) power thy solo
3) turn it up to 11... I mean 7
4) immediately stick thy gong adapter in the solo
5) when it hits 2-3, pull out the gong adapter and, facing upward, place a small piece of hash in the center of the screen. it will start to melt right away, mash it into the screen.
6) put it back on the solo
7) when it hits 7, let er rip through your bubbler
8) go and go and go.. you can go for quite a while. you will be surprised.

Results may vary of course. Not rocket science. But handy as a starting point.

Mod note: When possible, please avoid making back-to-back posts in a thread. Use the Edit feature located at the bottom of your posts. Posts merged.

JDR,
Reactions: Stu

hoptimum

On the hash-by-solo point, a point dear to my heart, I've been doing some of my own clinical trials in this regard lately, aided by the requisite screens, and yet still feel I have only just dipped my toe in how-to-vape-hash-with-your-solo pool, if there is such a pool. That said, my short prescription is this:

1) place screen in gong adapter
2) power thy solo
3) turn it up to 11... I mean 7
4) immediately stick thy gong adapter in the solo
5) when it hits 2-3, pull out the gong adapter and, facing upward, place a small piece of hash in the center of the screen. it will start to melt right away, mash it into the screen.
6) put it back on the solo
7) when it hits 7, let er rip through your bubbler
8) go and go and go.. you can go for quite a while. you will be surprised.

Results may vary of course. Not rocket science. But handy as a starting point.
posts like this are what makes FC the best forum for vaporization anywhere. thanks for that

hoptimum,

mr_

3/8" grommet at Home Depot .
Thank you very much mr .
Gonna see if the one near me has any .
I recently picked up a cheap bubbler at my LHS and have been dying to try water vaping .

I still want to get the GonG adapter from Planetvape...along with some PVHES stems .
But I will wait til they have all the toys in stock , mainly the stems , so I only have to
order one time .

So the grommet might be worth a try .
Thanx again mr

The bowl on my bubbler is huge, used to be able to pack 1.5-2 grams when smoking, so its large enough for the grommet to fit in there.

For your case thugh, as long as the grommet creates a good enough seal on the top of the bowl, it should allow enough suction to work

One way to find out

mr_,

poonman

The bowl on my bubbler is huge, used to be able to pack 1.5-2 grams when smoking, so its large enough for the grommet to fit in there.

For your case thugh, as long as the grommet creates a good enough seal on the top of the bowl, it should allow enough suction to work

One way to find out

Just found out ,
you're right , not a perfect fit .
It did help create a seal of some kind tho .
I got some weak hits , and liked it .
I will get that GonG adapter .

Thanx again mr

poonman,

mr_

Just found out ,
you're right , not a perfect fit .
It did help create a seal of some kind tho .
I got some weak hits , and liked it .
I will get that GonG adapter .

Thanx again mr

Yea thats how my hits were without the grommet. LOOOOONG hits but still ended up being pretty weak, it does still work, just not ideal.

Throw up a picture of your piece, is it GonG or a regular bowl?

I was lucky enough for the O.D. of the grommet to fit the I.D. of the bowl, I actually leave a tiny air gap to have a less restrictive draw.

Post a pic if possible, otherwise keep at it, homedepot has everything, but its a PITA to find

mr_,

SunnyHours

just got mys Solo...actually I got a couple hours ago. :)
That thing is perfect...big clouds in the bong.
It's much smaller than I anticipated and produces much more flavor and vapor than I ever thought this little portable could produce.

I'm very impressed so far. I've done 3 sessions...1 of them was a friend testing it out. And the charge is still full, from when it arrived.
I can't wait to see how it's going to fare with our Canadian winters (I'll be walking to work with it)

SunnyHours,
Reactions: MrNorml

hoptimum

just got mys Solo...actually I got a couple hours ago. :)
That thing is perfect...big clouds in the bong.
It's much smaller than I anticipated and produces much more flavor and vapor than I ever thought this little portable could produce.

I'm very impressed so far. I've done 3 sessions...1 of them was a friend testing it out. And the charge is still full, from when it arrived.
I can't wait to see how it's going to fare with our Canadian winters (I'll be walking to work with it)
which model number did you end up with? it's written on the bottom

hoptimum,

SunnyHours

I got the M1A3...supposed to be the most recent...and there is no chemical smell, in case that's what you wanted to know

SunnyHours,

hoptimum

I think you will be very happy with your purchase, it's a great little tape and there's plenty of good advice on this thread. Enjoy

hoptimum,

SunnyHours

I already am enjoying ;)
Even more so tonight and tomorrow since I'm off :cool:

But now that I see the Battery lasts that long I think I would of held off buying the Power Adapter. But Oh well...

SunnyHours,

hoptimum

Yes they do...thats what i received...you just need to mold them a little with a pen...
ah, ok, i can see how it would be handy to remove them more easily, regular screens get pretty mangled when you pry them out of the stem

hoptimum,
Top Bottom