Arizer Solo

mr_

Perhaps something a grommet similar to the Supreme Vaporizer can be purchased at the hardware store. (it's the orange rubber piece.)

4standing.jpg

Couldn't find something that thick, but I did find a 3/8" circle rubber grommet that fits the stock stem very well. I'll have to make a run to my storage unit before class to get the bubbler and see if it creates a good enough seal

Will find out later today

mr_,

Malloy1

Going to be ordering my solo Saturday. Should I get it from amazon or puffitup? It In guarantee the best model and full warranty I'll go puffitup.

I also hear something about wand hash.

I don't own a vape it'll be my first. 90% water pipe usage and I'd like something on the go. I'm choosing it over a lsv and log vape so help me out fellas

Malloy1,

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
If you put in an o-ring or grommet won't they melt with the high heat? Also don't you all always say it has to be food safe high heat stuff? They I go again with confusion.

I was also told today that the built in ring inside does expand again with time. I suppose this means if you put a fat stem in like the wood ones and decided you don't want to use it anymore eventually the glass ones will start fitting a little snugger again over time. At least that is the way I understood it.

Dreamerr,

mr_

The rubber grommet is going on the end of the 6" long stock stem

I've had about 7-8 straight sessions before without having the upper 3-4" of the stem not even get hot, so I don't think it'll be too much of an issue

For it to be an issue, the glass would have to be hot enough to transfer that heat over to the rubber grommet, which will then release fumes and somehow be drawn into the bubbler for me to inhale

In other words, it won't get hot enough, if even warm, to produce any problems

I haven't even tried it yet, will know after 4 hours or so after my class, exam, run to the storage unit, and quick session to see how it works. I might even give it a shot before my exam, depends on traffic really

The Solo milks the hell out of my 12" straight tube with no effort, and thats simply taking my stock stem and shoving it in the hole where my 14mm GonG bowl goes, and it works perfect with no adapters/grommets/etc

Trying to use a smaller diffused bubbler (8") to make it easier to carry, but the seal sucks as its not GonG, and just a regular bowl

Will find out how it works in about 5 hours

mr_,

mr_

Going to be ordering my solo Saturday. Should I get it from amazon or puffitup? It In guarantee the best model and full warranty I'll go puffitup.

I don't own a vape it'll be my first. 90% water pipe usage and I'd like something on the go. I'm choosing it over a lsv and log vape so help me out fellas

Puffitup man. That way atleast you know 100% your warranty is in place. I actually bought mine from amazon through puffitup's store, but that no longer exists

Don't worry about wand hash just yet, probably be a week of use until you need to think about that

Order it from puffitup and then start reading this thread backwords

in the meantime, find some .5" stainless steel screens, a grinder, and some herb

mr_,

hoptimum

Depends on how much peace of mind is worth to you. It's $20 cheaper on Amazon at $140 through vapeiusa, I believe. I bought mine that way and i got a model m107. So far so good. No complaints at all. But for $20 more you get the peace of mind of the puffitup warranty. Definitely buy some half inch screens for the stem. Also, having a good grinder helps. I use a mendo mulcher. Happy vaping.

hoptimum,

Dreamerr

The rubber grommet is going on the end of the 6" long stock stem

I've had about 7-8 straight sessions before without having the upper 3-4" of the stem not even get hot, so I don't think it'll be too much of an issue

For it to be an issue, the glass would have to be hot enough to transfer that heat over to the rubber grommet, which will then release fumes and somehow be drawn into the bubbler for me to inhale

In other words, it won't get hot enough, if even warm, to produce any problems

I haven't even tried it yet, will know after 4 hours or so after my class, exam, run to the storage unit, and quick session to see how it works. I might even give it a shot before my exam, depends on traffic really

The Solo milks the hell out of my 12" straight tube with no effort, and thats simply taking my stock stem and shoving it in the hole where my 14mm GonG bowl goes, and it works perfect with no adapters/grommets/etc

Trying to use a smaller diffused bubbler (8") to make it easier to carry, but the seal sucks as its not GonG, and just a regular bowl

Will find out how it works in about 5 hours

Oh ok thanks for the explanation. That grommet is going on the other end of your stem where it goes into your bubbler. I would suspect there would be no issue with the heat either.

I thought you were talking about making the stems tighter in the solo on the bottom side of the stem. Jam put up the link for the o-ring but I suspect that will melt or get to hot.

I vote for puffitup as well. The price is great, the customer service is fantastic and I love small businesses.

Dreamerr,

Malloy1

See I would Deff go thru puffitup but the solo on amazo drops like a $ every hour until it hits 120$ it resets to 145$. If it were always 145 I'd go with puffitup but if I go to order/ wait for it to hit 120, I'd rather save 40$ then peace of mind. Idk I Laos have an acrylic grinder lol it does the job atm may need to upgrade

Malloy1,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
I thought you were talking about making the stems tighter in the solo on the bottom side of the stem. Jam put up the link for the o-ring but I suspect that will melt or get to hot.

In my experience, when I did use the O ring method, just to try it out, the O ring did not get too hot, and is not close enough to the oven to melt in any way. There is still a teflon ring between the O ring and SS oven part. It will get warm, but not nearly enough to be an issue.

jambandphan03,

Dreamerr

Thanks Jam if it starts to annoy me I will go buy an o-ring or ask someone to find one for me in there tool box.

On another note...I just put solo in the search box on amazon and didn't find any solo's. What am I doing wrong? The reason why I ask was because I was trying to check the price before I answered and this has happened before with other items of this type.

Dreamerr,

Dreamerr

Ok but the posts above are referencing amazon so again confused. If there are no solo's on amazon why are they saying it is cheaper on amazon? I am glad to know I am not stupid then or maybe someone will point out I am dunno.

Dreamerr,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
It may just be that they did not know the solos were no longer on Amazon. They have been there a while. I wouldn't worry too much...

jambandphan03,

hoptimum

Thanks Jam if it starts to annoy me I will go buy an o-ring or ask someone to find one for me in there tool box.

On another note...I just put solo in the search box on amazon and didn't find any solo's. What am I doing wrong? The reason why I ask was because I was trying to check the price before I answered and this has happened before with other items of this type.
Try again with arizer solo, I just saw some on Amazon today. Heres a link.
http://www.amazon.com/Arizer-Solo-P...F8&qid=1351726548&sr=8-3&keywords=Arizer+solo

hoptimum,

poonman

Hey Soloists ,
Re ; charging
I agree with the others that say , there's still plenty of battery life even if it drops below 1 .
Even when it's just showing the bottom blue light , still lots of life .
It's like when charging up but in reverse ...meaning if you noticed that it takes about an hour of charging before the light jumps to 1 ...then 2 ...it stays on blue for a long time first .

I have not read anyone mention the flashing red charging light on top blinking .
That's when you're in dire need of re-charging ...or when it just stays on red ....kaput .
Sorry if it was mentioned already .

Getting one hour portable battery life WOULD be an issue for me , if I knew of other
Solo ( M107 ) owners getting 2 1/2 portable battery life . It really makes me want to
" Hunt " down those last M107 models as a back-up/second unit asap .

+++++++++++++1 for Puffitup .

Dreamerr

Ok wtf....I can type in vaporizers or any of the other things we type to find them and nothing. Is amazon having issues. When I do put in vaporizers it only has the iolite and ssv and I think two others. I think amazon must be getting out of the smoke business.

I won't worry jam, well maybe I will but I hate not being able to find stuff....ugh this new technology...I want pen and paper back just kidding but sometimes it makes me mad.

Ok I see what happened. Amazon's search engine is not as intuitive as it used to be. It is much harder to find stuff. I just tried a bunch of different things to see what comes up but it should come up on all of the searches. See what happens when they try to be ebay.

Dreamerr,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Dreamerr, I just went on Amazon and searched "Arizer Solo" and saw several. Don't include "Vaporizer" in your search and you should see them.
:peace:

Stu,

Malloy1

Solo is back on amazon just type in arizer solo and monitor it for the next day ad you'll see the price dropping all the time. Each store just got stacked with them I emailed all 4 listed asking about Saturday and they said they were all restocked and would have thm so.. I am hopeful to get one but still skeptical on where to purchase from

Malloy1,

Dreamerr

I did edit my post but it is a search engine problem. Thanks all for helping me not go crazier. I only typed in solo vaporizer originally and it should have still brought it up. It brought up all the solo cases so there is an issue.

I did Solo I was just curious why I wasn't finding stuff. Thanks again all.

Dreamerr,

poonman

hey Dreamerr ,
I can't remember if you purchased a PA for your Solo .
But is this issue happening when used with the PA .

b/c if so ,
The temp level lights stay on...even after the auto shut-off beeps .
You have to manually move the temp up button to desire level again .( or just hold the right button down ) . If you don't reset temp levels , the lights just start dropping down with the temp . ( Slowly )
So it looks like it's not heating up at all .

just a thought
as I am getting stupid also up here ...

poonman,

Dreamerr

hey Dreamerr ,
I can't remember if you purchased a PA for your Solo .
But is this issue happening when used with the PA .

b/c if so ,
The temp level lights stay on...even after the auto shut-off beeps .
You have to manually move the temp up button to desire level again .( or just hold the right button down ) . If you don't reset temp levels , the lights just start dropping down with the temp . ( Slowly )
So it looks like it's not heating up at all .

just a thought
as I am getting stupid also up here ...

No I don't have a PA and firing my solo up now. I have found the best way is to set it on 7 to warm and then drop it to 4. This has been working much better for me as far as meds.

On that last stem last night it wouldn't let me push the up arrow so I knew I had to charge it. I will recheck who knows how much I had in my yesterday. My guess is around 3 grams by the time I got to that last bowl in the solo but of course kept going with the INH.

Maybe I am a chain vaporholic.

Dreamerr,

Jens

I'm interested to buy a solo and i see all kinds of good deals on the web. I have a few question about this tho:

1) is the warranty still valid when buying below the advertised price of 299$ (or 229$ at the moment)?
2) whats the catch for them being so cheap? Are they older models?
3) Would you guys recommend amazon (seller vapes USA at 138$) or puffitup.com (160$ when using discount code) are any of these authorized dealers?
4) any other (European) sites you guys recommend?

Also, since i live in Europe, this means i will need a different charger than offered on most sites, what sites carry european chargers? Or would it be cheaper for me to buy a solo from amazon and get myself a convertor? The cheapest i can buy a european model for (as far as i know of) is 175€ (225$), this would be M1A3 series, is this the lastest series?

Jens,

DcTokeMan

VapinBlackGuy<~~~Rare
i went ahead and just ordered the PVHES Straight strem, thanks to reading a few of Vitolos posts. Cant wait for this thing to arrve

DcTokeMan,

poonman

I'm interested to buy a solo and i see all kinds of good deals on the web. I have a few question about this tho:

1) is the warranty still valid when buying below the advertised price of 299$ (or 229$ at the moment)?
2) whats the catch for them being so cheap? Are they older models?
3) Would you guys recommend amazon (seller vapes USA at 138$) or puffitup.com (160$ when using discount code) are any of these authorized dealers?
4) any other (European) sites you guys recommend?

Also, since i live in Europe, this means i will need a different charger than offered on most sites, what sites carry european chargers? Or would it be cheaper for me to buy a solo from amazon and get myself a convertor? The cheapest i can buy a european model for (as far as i know of) is 175€ (225$), this would beM1A3 series, is this the lastest series?

hey Jens , welcome
Good valid questions you ask .
I'll try to answer .

1. Yes ...at least for Canada and U.S....Europe ? ( it should be )
2. No , the opposite , the newest models . The M1A series .
3. Yes to both .
4. Can't help you with that one .

Yes , I have read you'll need a different charging unit ( European )

We have several European members that can better help you with the rest .

poonman,
Top Bottom