Arizer Solo

poonman

While browsing on PV for their stealth adapter that we're speaking of ,
I couldn't help but noticed their glass double bowl Y adapter .

Anybody have that one ?

It does say it's for " Hardcore Vapor Enthusiasts " .

Yes , I'm talking to you Jurassic .:brow:

poonman,

mr_

I have no experience with the PVHE stems, but after 4 months of using my Solo with the 2 stems that came with it, the bent one is SUPER loose, and the straight one is a little tighter. The airflow on both of them is great, with the looser one being even better. I usually use the straight one as its more easily hidden in a sleeve or cup, but I don't think draw/airflow is a problem with the stock 4 hole stems.

mr_,

Jurassic

LOL @ poon! There are some members who own the Y adapter, and great videos in this thread... it's just not my thing....yet lol

mr_ although alot complain about "loose" stems, I have always preferred them. I never had issues with "sticking to lips" or "falling out" or whatnot, ever. The straight ones don't have the tendency to spin as much obviously. One thing I found that works to tighten them out if you're so inclined, is to simply remove the cap, invert the solo, and press down on the smooth hard surface to "push in" the teflon ring. This in essence "resets" it, allowing near stock tightness again, at least in the short term.

As for airflow, even with the stock 4 holes, if you slightly take it off the SS bottom, and "rock" it back and forth, you CAN get decent airflow, but still probably not as good as the pvhes. The PVHES will introduce a big more air, but more ease of draw resulting in bigger clouds, that are just not as thick. Then again, it's completely contigent on the speed of your draw too.

Jurassic,
Nice vids fred. Last one doesn't work though. You really got the milking down or either how to film it on the second to last vid! Wow it was milking then!

VapeNStone,

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
Hmmm, it seems either EMI or UMG have changed their copyright policies and that vid is blocked in the US now :(
It'll work if you feel like using some kind of location blocking software though... (The Vid is a Sovereignty King Stemline, with a GonGn0me, and a Supreme V2 :brow:)
I think that 2nd last vid was with both on 7 from the get go.
I normally start at 4 on my ceramic (5 on my SS), and up it to 7 on both after a few hits.
The vapor is a bit thinner, but my lungs thank me :lol:

Frederick McGuire,
Reactions: mvapes

poonman

:brow:
And one without solos

Fun Times ;)

Thank you very much FM ,
Excellent vids dude ,

Not only did I see the Y adapter in action .
You must have read my plea earlier for wanting a small water pipe .
I really liked your water filtration set of bongs .
Also thank you for labelling the individual water pipes .
I will watched them again to see which one I'll be getting .

Hey FM ,
If I had to get only one for my Solo , which one would you recommend ?

I'll check in later ,
I'm off to work now ,
Here comes the THC . :rockon:

poonman,

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
It's so hard to narrow it down to just 1...
I like how it pairs with small pieces, I've recently been using it with my Fishbone Space Hammer
fishbonespace3.jpg
(It fits a 5.5" Downstem perfectly, so its about 6.5-7" tall)
And I've been liking it :brow:

Basically, IMO the solo pairs well with a smaller volume piece that has low (to moderate) drag.
Of the ones from the vid, I tend to use the solo with my EHLE 100 straight tube and the SYN mini Beaker, but the Blaze 11arm A/C & J-Hook combo is pretty good too.

One positive of the solo's restricted draw is that it makes it more compatible with a A/C + J-Hook setup.
With higher flow vapes (e.g.LSV), the A/C can overflow a bit, but this rarely happens with the solo (the only time it'd happen is when clearing the piece).

The Aqua-Vape is also a cool water tool to pair with the solo, but some folks aren't a fan of the drag that combo has...

Frederick McGuire,
Reactions: poonman

GoodDecisions

The Best of Decisions
FINALLY got my Solo! Here are some of my initial impressions (M1D).

- Holy shit, this thing is WAY smaller than it looks online, but not in a bad way. Not SUPER stealthy like a MFLB, but definitely smaller than most people make it out to be.
- It looks and feels like a quality product. Slick.
- Heat up time is very fast, and charging time seemed more than reasonable.
- The draw is way, WAY more restricted than I expected. Mods/PVHES/Ed's stem will be looked into asap. It's not a deal breaker or anything, just not what I expected.

I unfortunately haven't tried it with mj yet, so once I do a little more testing 'for science' I'll do another update.

Overall, super happy with this guy! Many good times to come for sure.
:)

GoodDecisions,

Jurassic

You need one of the pvhes or ed's imo. Stock is unusable, but that's just me.

I really like your signature BTW!

Jurassic,

mr_

Keep the stock one for about 2 weeks. My bent stem is VERY loose, and my straight stem has a little drag still when pushing it in.

My bent stem is effortless when vaping, straight stem you have to draw a little harder.

After 4 months of use both stems are perfect. I don't even use a GonG adapter, the stems fit perfectly into my 14mm opening for my downstem for my 12" Left Coast straight tube. One stem through a bong and you're pretty damn stoned.

Keep at it with the stock stems, heat up the unit to 7 and then slide the stems in. Turn it off after a couple minutes and leave the stems in there for the cool down. Or you can just vape with it and either works.

At first though the draw is pretty restricted, couple sessions and its all gravy

mr_,

mr_

I wonder if theres some way to cut on of the stems down shorter safely without breaking it.

I think having a 5" long stem is a bit excessive. 2" after the bowl would be perfect

Theres no local blowers in the Chicagoland area otherwise I'd give it a shot. Too lazy to order online just yet, waiting for one of them to break first.

mr_,

Jurassic

good points mr_ . I knew there was a reason why I always preferred the bent stem. I liked inverted the Solo and using it upside like a gerbil, not only so the herbs didn't touch the SS bottom but also so I could "see" the vapour coming in threw the stem. I also lifted the stem slightly off the bottom plate, but still needed to tilt/rock the stem in order to attain sufficient airflow for my liking. If I ever buy another Solo, i'd get a bent PVHES stem from PV.

Jurassic,
Hey, I currently use the M102 solo and love it...if not without some quirks (super loose stems, funky smell, stripped lid-screw, etc), but I was wondering if it would be remotely worth it to buy the newest model, or if there are any absolute improvements at all in the newest.
Thanks

beeeeeeeen,

mr_

Tilting/rocking the stem does help the flow alot once they loosen up. Problem with my bent one is if my lips get stuck to it it easily pulls up a bit from the SS bowl and sometimes gets some ABV on there that can reek.

I actually prefer the stem to be slightly tight like my straight stem as I can wiggle it to hit it but either works. As long as I'm getting vapor I'm happy.

mr_,

GoodDecisions

The Best of Decisions
Thanks for all the information. I assumed it would improve a little over time, and it has after just a few uses. I've also gotten more used to the drag. Can't wait til I can really break it it! :D

GoodDecisions,

poonman

Thanks for all the information. I assumed it would improve a little over time, and it has after just a few uses. I've also gotten more used to the drag. Can't wait til I can really break it it! :D

First off ,
Welcome to FC GD and beeeeeeeen ,

Have you tried lifting up off the SS slightly ? ( For the restricted air flow )
The theory is , you're clearing the air path of the 4 holes by lifting the glass edge/rim off it .

Enjoy your Solos you 2 .

poonman,
I wouldn't recommend lifting it, but just rocking it slightly so you can increase airflow. I think lifting it can cause ABV pieces to easily get caught in the unit.

VapeNStone,

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
Hey, I currently use the M102 solo and love it...if not without some quirks (super loose stems, funky smell, stripped lid-screw, etc), but I was wondering if it would be remotely worth it to buy the newest model, or if there are any absolute improvements at all in the newest.
Thanks

The newer one fit the stems a bit better, no more ceramic, and Imo the newer model heats up faster. Overall though, very little difference as far as taste or performance.

Zangano Cruel

IG zan.cru (code) zancru (5% NV checkout discount)
The newer one fit the stems a bit better, no more ceramic, and Imo the newer model heats up faster. Overall though, very little difference as far as taste or performance.
Do you still smell robot farts in your M107???
I own an M107 and an M1D and none of them smell bad...
I think the same about heat up time, newer is faster, but IMO, I think my M107 runs a little bit hotter than my M1D.
Stems fit tighter in my M107 than my M1D.
Taste and performance are almost the same as well.

Zangano Cruel,

GoodDecisions

The Best of Decisions
Guys, I gotta say this thing is unreal. My previous complaints mean nothing compared to how well this thing performs. High flow would be 'optimal', but like seriously, OPTIMAL. It does the job perfectly well stock - three stems rocked about 6 people quite easily.

So happy with this thing.

Totally gone from this thing by the way haha... cheers everyone!

natural farmer

Guys, I gotta say this thing is unreal. My previous complaints mean nothing compared to how well this thing performs. High flow would be 'optimal', but like seriously, OPTIMAL. It does the job perfectly well stock - three stems rocked about 6 people quite easily.

So happy with this thing.

Totally gone from this thing by the way haha... cheers everyone!

Hey GD! Try pairing it with a vapor lung and it will take the whole experience to another level! Makes a better party tool too... :D

Top Bottom