Arizer Solo

poonman

I havent looked around for the cheapest solo deal for quite awhile, but I found this while browsing, thought someone might appreciate it.

http://www.usglobalimports.com/product_p/vp-911.htm

$139.99 wow!

That is a good price .
But I couldn't find out what version it is ?
It might be the older ceramic bowl ones .Older versions ?
Are they authorized dealers for Arizer , apparently that's important for warranty service !

I bought mine from Puffitup.com for $160 last week . ( free shipping plus no taxes )
It is now going for $ 150 at PIU . Their latest versions :)

For a $ 10 difference , get yourself a good night sleep and order from PIU :)
Also go and read my short review of PIU in the retailers thread .
I've only made 1 purchase from them ...so far :)

Hope this helps .

poonman,
That is a good price .
But I couldn't find out what version it is ?
It might be the older ceramic bowl ones .Older versions ?
Are they authorized dealers for Arizer , apparently that's important for warranty service !

I bought mine from Puffitup.com for $160 last week . ( free shipping plus no taxes )

Also go and read my short review of PIU in the retailers thread .
I've only made 1 purchase from them ...so far :)

Hope this helps .
Why is that important? All you need for warranty work with Arizer is a receipt from your purchase. Or am I missing something here?

VapeNStone,

GoodDecisions

The Best of Decisions
You get what you pay for!
Couldn't agree more! This is no ROOR/Toro/SNOB etc etc, but hell, it's $8! That's two gallons of gas. If I or a friend happen to drop it, it's no heartbreak.

This bubbler already exists in the cheap bubbler thread but not at this price!!!
Better open up a small FC business and start sending us this unit for 15$
I'd give you 15 :)
You'd be surprised how goddamn expensive exporting stuff from here is! Even if I wanted to just ship a box of these back to the U.S., I'd be spending at least $60 for sea mail (two-three months arrival), and hundreds for air mail. Pain in the ass. :ugh:

hahaha I'm using one of those as a portable oil rig with a cheap ti-pad and curve. But I paid $24 for mine from ioffer, which I still thought was cheap. I guess they made a fair profit! It works Ok- the slits don't really fire though- just kinda bubbles out of the bottom of the tree. The water doesn't seem to make it up the mouthpiece at all so it's a dry lips piece which was one of the concerns I had- IMO a piece is pretty useless if you get wet lips which I hate. I haven't tried it with my Solo yet though... going to now.
Nice! $24 is not a bad price at all, assuming you got it in the U.S.! As I said, shipping and export/import taxes hike the price up quite a bit. I tried it out with some water and noticed that as well, quite hard to get water in my mouth. Can't wait to try pairing it up with my Solo! Let me know how it turns out for you.

GoodDecisions,
I bought mine from Puffitup.com for $160 last week . ( free shipping plus no taxes ). It is now going for $ 150 at PIU . Their latest versions :)

I agree, get it from PIU and you won't have to worry about anything. The warranty is still valid and the shipping is extremely fast. Ordered mine on a Wednesday and was using it Friday afternoon. The newest versions are $160 and now they have the M107 on sale for $150 (just a heads up if anyone is worried about the model number).

nugghuffer,

vape4life

Banned for life

How did you score free shipping internationally?? I paid $10 shipping, and after the currency conversion came to $175. The silver is the m107 for $150.

vape4life,

Zangano Cruel

IG zan.cru (code) zancru (5% NV checkout discount)
Zangano Cruel,

Zangano Cruel

IG zan.cru (code) zancru (5% NV checkout discount)
Excellent ZC ,
That's what I'm looking for as a new Solo owner , 3 days and counting :)

Are they the same size as normal pipe's screens ? ( wow , 1000 for $12 )
Do you have to trim around the edge of the screen to make it fit properly ?
I've been using normal screens in the bottom of my NO2 , which I have to trim .
But someone wrote that the NO2 screens fit perfectly in the Solo ...agreed . ( screens on ordered )
Currently I only have 1 NO2 screen left and is using it in the Solo .
I want to try using 2 and sandwich it in the stem .
I'm thinking it might help keep the SS bowl cleaner and less cleaning with iso ?

And Thanx for the very helpful post .

Thx Poonman. Plus $5 in shipping.
No, you don't need to trim any edge. The only one I trimmed is the one I top the load on the stem off, creating more heat mass plus increasing oven function IMO. Easy on/off for stirring/mixing material halfway bowl if needed :)
Note, all this extra fine SS screens only work with full mod. stems.
Regular stems would add a lot of milkshake with this extra fine screens.
Yes, sandwich SS screens are my norm. If you PM me we can avoid other vaporistas reading over and over already explained mods.
I can give voice and image advice if you
Skype me.
Any FC user is invited to Soloskypevape and share mods and tips on Solo use :) lol just PM

Zangano Cruel,

poonman

Why is that important? All you need for warranty work with Arizer is a receipt from your purchase. Or am I missing something here?

You may be correct V ,
I just meant it was good standard practice to purchase from an Authorized dealer, that's all .
I know that was important with the NO2 . Some warranties were not recognized from what I've read .

And now...Let's all Solo , together :)

You may be correct V ,
I just meant it was good standard practice to purchase from an Authorized dealer, that's all .
I know that was important with the NO2 . Some warranties were not recognized from what I've read .

And now...Let's all Solo , together :)
Oh I wasn't disagreeing with you. I bought mine from PUI when it was $230. :)

VapeNStone,

happyTrails

phishpanicjam
Newbie question...I have searched and did not have much luck. It seems that when you pack very small amounts, it often falls into the heat core easily without a 2nd screen. If I pack a fuller bowl so that it stays in place and only want a few drags, what is the best way to keep from wasting what is left? Pull of the hot stem and put to the side? Or if I just kill the power and wait till it cools, will I loose a bunch? Thanks and sorry if this has been answered.

happyTrails,

vape4life

Banned for life
I'd definitely pull it out (always good advice anyways lol), it will cache as it sits in there from conduction including as it cools down (takes some time).

Beardharmonica

Newbie question...I have searched and did not have much luck. It seems that when you pack very small amounts, it often falls into the heat core easily without a 2nd screen. If I pack a fuller bowl so that it stays in place and only want a few drags, what is the best way to keep from wasting what is left? Pull of the hot stem and put to the side? Or if I just kill the power and wait till it cools, will I loose a bunch? Thanks and sorry if this has been answered.

Remove the stem dont let it cool inside the solo. You check the shorty stem from planetvape when they come back in stock. It got a smaller bowl.

http://www.planetvape.ca/pvhes-high-efficiency-stems.html

Beardharmonica,

happyTrails

phishpanicjam
I'd definitely pull it out (always good advice anyways lol), it will cache as it sits in there from conduction including as it cools down (takes some time).

rhythm method it is! I figured as much. I typically load a duggout bats worth in my Underdog and run it till there is no more vapor. With the Solo, it just falls right out and a second screen seems like a hassle. It stays if I use a little more and pack it in there tight against the screen, but then it is hard to draw. Just trying to get it all dialed in. Seems like a great unit otherwise. Thanks for your help.

happyTrails,

mmenzie

My friends call me "Menz"
i hope they get them back in stock soon... i just don't know which one to buy. they have so many options and i can't afford to buy one of each. can any give any advise on what one to buy?? i use both the straight stock stem and the bent stock stem along with the stealth adapter (which i do not see a PVHES option for) for my McDonalds cup mod.

mmenzie,

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
rhythm method it is! I figured as much. I typically load a duggout bats worth in my Underdog and run it till there is no more vapor. With the Solo, it just falls right out and a second screen seems like a hassle. It stays if I use a little more and pack it in there tight against the screen, but then it is hard to draw. Just trying to get it all dialed in. Seems like a great unit otherwise. Thanks for your help.

I agree, pulling out works every-time (giggity)...sometimes if I have to pull 1/2 way through a session I put the partial abv in an air sealed jar with a blimpie to keep it from drying out.

Blimpie.jpg

Now, looking for opinions, which would you go with?

http://www.amazon.com/VAPECASE-Cust...d=1343076911&sr=8-2&keywords=arizer+solo+case

or

http://www.amazon.com/Pelican-1120-...=1343077048&sr=8-1&keywords=pelican+case+1120

mvapes,
Top Bottom