Arizer Solo

m0sh

Singer Song Writer Stoner
Give the guy a break, he missed one post by PV about 4-5 more sessions at level 1, so i'd be a little concerned too if I was only getting 46 min. of battery life. That's what these forums are for.

What is that have to do with what I said?

I just said that batteries are meant to be drained... there's nothing wrong with "draining" the battery ... it is the same for all devices like cellphones and after a massive use the battery will be worse... it just a part of its life...

BTW, he is my friend and just wanted to tell him not to worry too much about draining the battery...no need for douching

m0sh,

vape4life

Banned for life
Douching? lol Wow, you were just saying "don't be so pedantic", and I said go ahead, it's ok to be pedantic lol

Everything I have ever read about li-ion batteries says to keep them as charged up as possible and that it IS harmful to FULLY deplete the battery. Perhaps you don't care about your battery condition as much as others, but many like to take the appropriate steps to save and conserve it as long as possible. I in fact only use the battery bypass if i'm at home and really don't need the portability, just to use the battery less (even though SOME of the battery still gets used with the a/c bypass).

I don't think anyone has had their battery replaced yet, but some are noticing decreases in battery life over time, which is normal, but very contingent on useage patterns and how you take care of it.

To each their own, I don't mind agreeing to disagree.

vape4life,

m0sh

Douching? lol Wow, you were just saying "don't be so pedantic", and I said go ahead, it's ok to be pedantic lol

Everything I have ever read about li-ion batteries says to keep them as charged up as possible and that it IS harmful to FULLY deplete the battery. Perhaps you don't care about your battery condition as much as others, but many like to take the appropriate steps to save and conserve it as long as possible. I in fact only use the battery bypass if I'm at home and really don't need the portability, just to use the battery less (even though SOME of the battery still gets used with the a/c bypass).

I don't think anyone has had their battery replaced yet, but some are noticing decreases in battery life over time, which is normal, but very contingent on usage patterns and how you take care of it.

To each their own, I don't mind agreeing to disagree.

V4L
I'm sorry to disagree with you, its not that I drain my battery but if so it won't be really that bad...
The way it was presented hinted that one time will cause your battery to die faster which is IMO exaggerated!

If the battery is so affected that even one time will cause the battery to dissolve faster then its rubbish IMO.
You shouldn't be afraid to use your machine just because the battery is low...why bother using it only full powered? you are bound to drain it and it is bound for a replacement...one day

If so far nobody replaced their batteries, then its good to hear... btw I've yet to drain my battery it but was once at 1.

BTW, Vitlo used(or still) to drain his battery and re charge...

m0sh,

vape4life

Banned for life
How ironic is this? I almost shit my pants and thought my iphone was broken! Not sure what happened because the battery life was still at about 20%, but after connecting to the bluetooth in my car it musta quickly zapped the rest of it for some reason and my damn phone wouldn't turn on! I tried to charge it unsuccessfully, and then just left it on charge for a 1/2hour and it still didn't work. Then I just held a couple of buttons in a sequence and it finally came to life! (phew)

Sorry off topic kinda, move on nothing to see here.

vape4life,

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
Nugghuff...i can answer that later this week after I get one of Ed's stems. I can say that the solo has pretty much replaced my use of logs.

I look forward to your feedback sticks. I am hooked on my solo but I cant stand how the glass doesn't fit snug. If Ed's stems fit a bit better (without moving)than I will order one from TNT right a way.

mvapes,

ru_frothi

Portable Vaporist
I look forward to your feedback sticks. I am hooked on my solo but I cant stand how the glass doesn't fit snug. If Ed's stems fit a bit better (without moving)than I will order one from TNT right a way.

all stems are loose on all models eventually. get an o-ring and be done with this issue....

ru_frothi,
Reactions: vape4life

m0sh

all stems are loose on all models eventually. get an o-ring and be done with this issue....

I don't like this...it means you're not removing the stem from the heater at all while vaping???
Correct me if I'm wrong...

Loose stem is no biggie for me...but Wood stem fits the best...perhaps there should be the same size glass stem chamber with the same results...

m0sh,

vape4life

Banned for life
You can still remove it, you place it under the cap and it keeps the stem snug (which I hate). Like you the loose stems are no biggie for me, and in fact I like them better.

I keep thinking about getting a wood stem, but the hygiene/cleaning turn me off. Unless the resin doesn't adhere to wood as much as glass, but my glass stems get gross real quick.

vape4life,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
I've been using the shorty PVHES stem, and never pull my stem in a sesh. I just go for it, until it's not giving me much vapor. Getting brown, even ABV every time, and about 7-8 good solid hits then they get wispy. I'll start at 4, until I notice vapor slow down, then up to 6 to finish. The shortie being about 1/2 a regular stem load seems to be just the right amount to get me medicated.

I have been swapping back and forth between the regular GonG and the shortie PVHES stem, and there is such a huge difference. I found that if I "rock" the solo back and forth while using the regular stem, I get much better air flow, but the PVHES still has the easiest draw so far. I mostly run mine on a DG fritted disk mini can, so I want as little drag as possible. I've tried the wood stems on the mini can, but prefer to use those directly for the full flavor experience they give, and I don't want to bugger up the top portion of the wood stem putting in and out of the downstem over and over.

I am super careful to keep my Solo battery topped off. I guess I just really like mine, and want it to last as long as possible. I use it mostly plugged into the AC wall adapter at home. I have had a couple of opportunities to take several of my portables out at the same time for a weekend fest, and the Solo ended up being the most used of all my portable vapes for flowers. Thermovape being the second fav. It was interesting, being limited to only battery power for a few days to see how well each performed in the field, and even in small groups of pass around. Solo won on the pass around too. The others require too much instruction, people are a bit timid and easily confused when handed a strange device to "smoke herb" with. Most times the first thing they try to do with my pen style vapes is turn them upside down. :D Solo is a bit more self explanatory with the glass "straw" sticking up. Less confusing to a new user, not much to think about, plug and play for the win!!

I got one of the O rings back when I got one of tintest's disks, and even though my stems fit snug, I put it in there just to see how it functions. You simply unscrew the top on the solo, put the O ring over the heat bowl, hold in place by inserting your stem, then put the solo cap back on. The O ring snugs down and stays in place, you can then pull you stem in and out with a little resistance, and the O ring remains on top of the bowl. I did not find it to be any bother or problem other than the fact that I really did not need it on there, so eventually, I took it out to save for if/when my stems start to get too loose.

Does anyone know what size O ring tintest is using? I don't know that we ever got an answer from him on this. that would be useful info to have listed here on the thread.

Silver420Surfer

Downward spiral
Does anyone know what size O ring tintest is using? I don't know that we ever got an answer from him on this. that would be useful info to have listed here on the thread.

They are made by Danco. The packaging lists it as a #11 o-ring. Size is 3/4" O.D. x 9/16"~ I.D. x 3/32".
10 o-rings per pack.
item number on package is #96728.

m0sh

I keep thinking about getting a wood stem, but the hygiene/cleaning turn me off. Unless the resin doesn't adhere to wood as much as glass, but my glass stems get gross real quick.

I couldn't really see any resin...you can smell it which brings another aroma into the mix but honestly...when I cleaned I didn't know if there's much there...

Its not really hard to clean but you have to be careful with a quick qtip with ISO ... cleans it easily but I'm going to build up months now before touching it

m0sh,

Twinklezz

Hey everybody.. i think im going to be ordering one of these bad boys off of amazon today i just have a couple questions. What is the problem ive been hearing about not getting a good draw from the stems? Is it necessary to get a new one or is it completely fine with the stock one? Also, how durable is this thing? I originally wanted to get the DaVinci vape but its having a couple small problems right now and I want to make sure i get one that wont funk out on me because im buying off of amazon and the warranty is invalid. Thanks in advance

Twinklezz,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
Luckily, Amazon has a good return policy, I bought one from there, it had loose stems (m105) so I returned it and got a different one from a different seller, ended up being the m107 w/snug stems. I don't think the warranty is invalid from amazon purchase, it just means that once the return period passes from amazon, you won't have an easy time if you do have trouble. You will have to contact Arizer and deal directly. All you need is a copy of the sales receipt as far as I understand it. I hope I am not wrong about that. I went for this one: http://www.amazon.com/Arizer-Solo-Portable-Vaporizer-Silver/dp/B006FXDQ1Q/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&qid=1341846770&sr=8-8&keywords=arizer solo and have been happily using it for a few months now.

good luck to you, it's always a gamble with electronics, even people who buy from reputable places can have issues from time to time, luck of the draw.

jambandphan03,

Dogman

Vaporist Extrordinair
I just received my Solo on Thursday and have fallen in love with it. My first session I finished an entire stem full and could not believe how medicated I had become. This unit is amazing, I love the fact you just turn it on, wait a minute or so and just go.

The vapors are amazing, the flavor is awesome and the battery life kicks ass!

This has already become one of my favorites. I decided to buy one because it seemed no matter what thread I have been on, everyone raves about the Solo. So many on different threads had mentioned that if they were going to buy just one vaporizer to start with, the Solo would be their choice, and I could totally agree. Simple, easy to use and has a huge amount of adjustability for different tastes and cloud production.

And I love the pretty lights ...

jambandphan03

in flavor country
Welcome Dogman, just got caught up over in the puffit thread, see you found the Solo :) it's been my fav. lately too, wait until you try the improved stems!! :tup:

jambandphan03,

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
Does anyone know what size screen fits in the solo stem? Right now im using the soft screen from my No2 tip. BTW -- what is the O-ring made of?

Hey Ruf - what are the O-rings made of? If they're rubber - will they not melt?

You can still remove it, you place it under the cap and it keeps the stem snug (which I hate). Like you the loose stems are no biggie for me, and in fact I like them better.

Heck yes! My glass straight stem gets build up on it quick - the solo kicks ass and produces some heady clouds.

MOD NOTE: Please avoid making back-to-back posts in a thread. Use the Edit feature located near the lower right of your posts.

mvapes,

Kief

Medicated
Thanks Silver! Fast reply too! ;) http://www.amazon.com/Danco-11-O-Ring-Card-96728/dp/B001HOEU5Y/ref=sr_1_12?ie=UTF8&qid=1341845127&sr=8-12&keywords=Danco #11 O-Ring

I also saw them listed as "in store item" at HomeDepot probably better price too.

Those are just black rubber... I would get some made out of Silicone or Viton just to be safe, they are made to take the heat (rated to 400 F or more). I'm using a size -113 silicone O-ring, works great. Silicone is a little softer than Viton, so the stem may slide a bit easier with the Viton and hold better with Silicone. Sorry I don't have links.

Kief,

Zangano Cruel

IG zan.cru (code) zancru (5% NV checkout discount)
.5" for SS screen, they would fit perfect in a stem. It will even have a little dome to it when slide in place.
O rings, as being made of neoprene , I don't see any wrong with it, as someone already argued with me this.
I still DO NOT like to use any neoprene next to a heating chamber.
I prefer a silicone flat ring, as clear or white as possible (you can tell if it ever starts to break or any weird stuff that happens).
O-ring generally are black, and if you don't pay attention to detail you'll never notice if the O-ring is crumbling or shredding into pieces and falling inside the heating chamber.
This is IMO, I'm sure someone is going to show you charts of neoprene temp charts and so on, but I have always used silicone spoons and spatulas for hot temperature cooking and it's been ok so far.
But I never ever EVER saw someone cooking with a neoprene spoon or spatula :) , I'm not trying to convince anyone, just leaving the door open for new input.
Enjoy you Solo!!!

Zangano Cruel,

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
.5" for SS screen, they would fit perfect in a stem. It will even have a little dome to it when slide in place.
O rings, as being made of neoprene , I don't see any wrong with it, as someone already argued with me this.
I still DO NOT like to use any neoprene next to a heating chamber.
I prefer a silicone flat ring, as clear or white as possible (you can tell if it ever starts to break or any weird stuff that happens).
O-ring generally are black, and if you don't pay attention to detail you'll never notice if the O-ring is crumbling or shredding into pieces and falling inside the heating chamber.
This is IMO, I'm sure someone is going to show you charts of neoprene temp charts and so on, but I have always used silicone spoons and spatulas for hot temperature cooking and it's been ok so far.
But I never ever EVER saw someone cooking with a neoprene spoon or spatula :) , I'm not trying to convince anyone, just leaving the door open for new input.
Enjoy you Solo!!!

Thanks for the info Z - how is the O-ring installed? Anyone got a pic?

mvapes,

Zangano Cruel

IG zan.cru (code) zancru (5% NV checkout discount)
Now I can understand when I just entered this awesome FC forum and old members complain about newbies asking the same questions over and over again.
I totally agree with them now. This is going nowhere. We are adding and adding and adding pages and pages of crapola and more crapola that been already explained many many pages before. It's a non stop situation.
New people would say, I don't have time, I work all day , crapola crapola, I work as well, and have a family and a life. But if we keep asking the same questions over and over again and we don't read this forum is going to get even more newbie unfriendly.
Please read rules before posting, or just READ dudes, or even better LEARN TO READ :) , do you know how to read?? Do you ever open a book??? :) I hate to be sarcastic, but sometimes sarcasm ignites people asses out off coaches and inspires action or at least some arguing :) but please, try to post mods or something new that we don't know already, or JUST READ WHILE YOU ARE HIGH, put those sleepy brain cells to a good use :)

Mod note: All members must be treated in a respectful and adult manner. All members should respect and adhere to the promotion of harmony within the community. Do not attempt to disrupt the community in any way.

Zangano Cruel,

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
I just saw Ed's TNT stems on Amazon - thats awesome. Im a prime member so I get free shipping there - but it says to allow 4 - 7 business days for order processing. Is this right? If I order them today is it possible it would take till next week to ship?

Top Bottom