Arizer Solo

aesthyrian

Blaaaaah
Yeah, lucky... now you get to wait for the flaking to happen and can only use 2 hole stems unless you want to cringe every time you force a 4 hole stem inside your ceramic solo. But at least you got the buy one get one free version of the solo :lol:

aesthyrian,
Reactions: rufrothy

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
I have been using my M103 for what must be close to a year now, and have not had any flaking issues at all. Even if it did start flaking, I would probably continue to use it as it is.

:2c:

Yeah, lucky... now you get to wait for the flaking to happen and can only use 2 hole stems unless you want to cringe every time you force a 4 hole stem inside your ceramic solo. But at least you got the buy one get one free version of the solo :lol:
actually now since they have given so many free solo's all they are doing is he would have to send it back to get a new one. They aren't doing that buy one get one free deal anymore lol. Oh and a 4 hole stem fits just fine in my ceramic.

VapeNStone,
Reactions: MG23

ru_frothi

Portable Vaporist
Which version did you receive? The rep on online chat is telling me that the M106's are newer than some M107's and the number is just off which machine they came. Haven't heard this before.

Thats BS from the retailer.

FYI: All my stems work on all my units ceramic or stainless.....

BTW: On a few former topics where we were looking for info from Arizer.

1. arizer never used glue to assemble any of the solos. They dont know what that substance pictured by the user here was. I still say battery acid.

2. SS bowls and Ceramic were not in production at the same time and the SS bowls didn't appear until 105 as we all previously agreed upon. There certainly were both units in ciruclation via retailers at the same time but THERE ARE NO M102 SS bowl units.

Peace

ru_frothi,

Nkliph

Thats BS from the retailer.

FYI: All my stems work on all my units ceramic or stainless.....

BTW: On a few former topics where we were looking for info from Arizer.

1. arizer never used glue to assemble any of the solos. They dont know what that substance pictured by the user here was. I still say battery acid.

2. SS bowls and Ceramic were not in production at the same time and the SS bowls didn't appear until 105 as we all previously agreed upon. There certainly were both units in ciruclation via retailers at the same time but THERE ARE NO M102 SS bowl units.

Peace
Just to clarify what was told to me by the retailer: They said some of the newest Arizer's were M106's produced in 2012, even newer than some of the M107's they had. They didn't say all M106's were newer than 107's, but said some of the newest ones received were M106, and that the number is representative of which machine produced them.

That said, I'm still not sure if that is true, just clarifying what I was told. It was from the rep at puffitup.com, which seems like a pretty credible source.

Nkliph,

aesthyrian

Blaaaaah
actually now since they have given so many free solo's all they are doing is he would have to send it back to get a new one. They aren't doing that buy one get one free deal anymore lol. Oh and a 4 hole stem fits just fine in my ceramic.

I haven't had any troubles with any of my 4 hole stems, or my planetvape gong stems with my ceramic.

Lucky! That's nice to hear that not everyone has the problems I do. I have a few that fit better than others, but not good by any means. I have to force them all in and I mean force.

I talked to Kevin from Arizer and he told me this:

"Thank you for your email. The Aroma Tubes are sized with a slightly larger diameter now, and it is normal for you to feel some resistance when inserting your Aroma Tubes into the Solo unit. Nevertheless, we do have some of the older 2-Hole Aroma Tubes available which have the original (smaller) diameter"

So the 4 hole stems are larger then the 2 hole stems, and from my experiences that small different in size is a large concern for me every time I have to use a 4 hole stem with my old ceramic solo. All my 2 hole stems fit perfectly, but those are running out lol

aesthyrian,

J.R.R.Tokin'

Wych Doctor
Manufacturer
Hey guys. I haven't got round to reading through this thread yet. I'm sure it's been discussed and someone has probably already done this or something better but I thought I'd share.
And here's a close up of the bottom screen
soloscreen.th.jpg

tepictoton

I always used a ss screen that is a little bit bigger for the bottom. That way it also does not come out, it sits tight at the bottom of the bowl, lifting the stem ever so slightly allowing for a bit more airflow.

Got my GonG yesterday, and it works like a charm. Does have a bit of a learning curve, meaning the drawspeed makes al the difference. Draw too fast and the hits are thin and almost not visible. But, then you draw a bit slower, and can clearly see some milky clouds being formed...It got me seriously medicated for a good 3hours with less then .5g of some medium grade herb...Today I will recieve my new glass, so tonight it will be vapobong party with the friends :science:

tepictoton,

natural farmer

Got my GonG yesterday, and it works like a charm. Does have a bit of a learning curve, meaning the drawspeed makes al the difference. Draw too fast and the hits are thin and almost not visible. But, then you draw a bit slower, and can clearly see some milky clouds being formed...

So, how is that different from a normal glass stem? Why the GonG stem draws differently? :huh:

natural farmer,

tepictoton

Not really saying it is different. I guess the difference has more to do with attaching the water piece then from the GonG connector. I actually tried to connect my solo to a bong using a normal stem and silicon tubing and that did not work at all, felt like my lungs were being sucked into the bong(I mentioned this in a post somewhere before).

What I also noticed is that the four holes in the GonG are definately bigger then the ones in my normal stems.

So I guess to answer your question, there is no difference between stem and GonG, it is attaching it to a bong that makes the difference.

Really like the GonG, it looks cool. And love the view of my solo upsidy downy on the bong :) Got my new glass piece in today.

If I can find a friend that can help me out with making small video I will do so. Maybe a bit off topic, but why are there no videos of people showing the efficiency of vaporizers? I mean, can easily make a video of someone first smoking a bowl of herb, and then taking aproximitely the same amount of the same strain of herb and then vape it? I mean, the first option means I can rip it in one go, if i'm lucky two, while with my solo now I can get as much as 6-7hits from one iny tiny little bowl...Maybe by showing them side by side a lot more people will spontaniously shout out: Fuck combustion :rofl:

natural farmer

Not really saying it is different. I guess the difference has more to do with attaching the water piece then from the GonG connector. I actually tried to connect my solo to a bong using a normal stem and silicon tubing and that did not work at all, felt like my lungs were being sucked into the bong(I mentioned this in a post somewhere before).

What I also noticed is that the four holes in the GonG are definately bigger then the ones in my normal stems.

So I guess to answer your question, there is no difference between stem and GonG, it is attaching it to a bong that makes the difference.

Really like the GonG, it looks cool. And love the view of my solo upsidy downy on the bong :) Got my new glass piece in today.

If I can find a friend that can help me out with making small video I will do so. Maybe a bit off topic, but why are there no videos of people showing the efficiency of vaporizers? I mean, can easily make a video of someone first smoking a bowl of herb, and then taking aproximitely the same amount of the same strain of herb and then vape it? I mean, the first option means I can rip it in one go, if i'm lucky two, while with my solo now I can get as much as 6-7hits from one iny tiny little bowl...Maybe by showing them side by side a lot more people will spontaniously shout out: Fuck combustion :rofl:

I guess it must be the bigger holes in that GonG stem... PlanetVape is elevating the Solo for us, yeah!!! :D
I am gonna order myself a 250ml ehle soon and also the GonG from PV. Just waiting for the new improved-flow GonG stems I guess (I hope they are out soon)...

Would really love to see more Solo setups in this thread... I'll definitely gonna shoot a video when I am "suited up"! :science:

Could anyone who has tried both the ehle 250 and the black leaf inline that PV carries, make a comparison? I am leaning towards the ehle for easier cleaning and I also believe that less diffusion would suffice for the Solo... What you think people?

natural farmer,

ru_frothi

Portable Vaporist
Just to clarify what was told to me by the retailer: They said some of the newest Arizer's were M106's produced in 2012, even newer than some of the M107's they had. They didn't say all M106's were newer than 107's, but said some of the newest ones received were M106, and that the number is representative of which machine produced them.

That said, I'm still not sure if that is true, just clarifying what I was told. It was from the rep at puffitup.com, which seems like a pretty credible source.

doesn't line up with what the manufacturer has stated to me others. and Yes some M106's were made in 2012. I have two of them.

wouldn't be the first time PF had bad info on the Solo.

ru_frothi,

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
I guess it must be the bigger holes in that GonG stem... PlanetVape is elevating the Solo for us, yeah!!! :D
I am gonna order myself a 250ml ehle soon and also the GonG from PV. Just waiting for the new improved-flow GonG stems I guess (I hope they are out soon)...

Would really love to see more Solo setups in this thread... I'll definitely gonna shoot a video when I am "suited up"! :science:

Could anyone who has tried both the ehle 250 and the black leaf inline that PV carries, make a comparison? I am leaning towards the ehle for easier cleaning and I also believe that less diffusion would suffice for the Solo... What you think people?
Name a piece from my sig and I'll get a vid for you if you'd like. (I can even make it a "duo" vid if you'd like :lol:)

I have both the 250ml EHLE and the nautilus inline.
IMO, the nautilus could handle a bit more flow to fire properly, but its by no means a bad option.
There was discussion about it a few pages back I believe (or maybe it was somewhere in the galss forums) and a few other members with the nautilus and solo were very satisfied.

The 250ml EHLE will be fine for the solo, It's a very nice piece too. (It's currently my sacrificial combustion bong for friends, and they LOVE it.)

You won't go wrong with either of those 2 IMO, so I'd say go with whichever piece speaks to you.

natural farmer

Name a piece from my sig and I'll get a vid for you if you'd like. (I can even make it a "duo" vid if you'd like :lol:)

IMO, the nautilus could handle a bit more flow to fire properly, but its by no means a bad option.
There was discussion about it a few pages back I believe (or maybe it was somewhere in the galss forums) and a few other members with the nautilus and solo were very satisfied.

The 250ml EHLE will be fine for the solo, It's a very nice piece too. (It's currently my sacrificial combustion bong for friends, and they LOVE it.)

You won't go wrong with either of those 2 IMO, so I'd say go with whichever piece speaks to you.

Thanks Frederick! I would love a vid with the ehle and your m105 to be honest, but if you like you could line them all on a table, pack some concentrate and hit them all in a row! :D Just joking but again... :p

It would be nice though if a lot of people could shoot a small vid with their setups or a couple of pics just to give a boost to this thread, I guess many new guys would enjoy that too, like a brainstorming session of how to use your Solo... :tup:

natural farmer,

vorrange

Vapor.wise
5 in a row, each hit, a different glass. NICE! :clap:

or Glass Poker! if it is just 4. hehehe. right?:nod:

vorrange,
Reactions: ili

ilovebOObs

can i stick my male joint in there?

all of them :D and 2 solo's at the same time. :rofl:

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
:lol: You laugh now, but I've already got a vid of 1 hit through 10 different pieces in 1 Duo run... I just haven't edited it all together yet... (I posted a vid of 1 hit through a nautilus somewhere - that was the first of 10... :D)

Frederick McGuire,
Reactions: vorrange
Top Bottom