Arizer Solo

cycleb

I'm curious. Are the people experiencing 'robot fart' with the black or silver model?

cycleb,

Silver420Surfer

Downward spiral
what setting are you using when you vape with it? Does the smell remain when it's cool, or just when it heats? I have the m107 ss and have no issues with it.
setting it between 3-5
noticed top piece(not little plastic lid) was holding smell, so I just baked it 12 min 400 deg F in oven. Top part seems to have lost smell for now. Letting it cool now t see if smell stays when cold.

@ cycleb - My M107 is black

Robo-fart smell less but still noticeable, still in top part, but I am wondering if coming from down below. I also have slight rattle , anyone with bad smell have rattle when shake Solo gently side to side/

Silver420Surfer,

Vapinghole

Low-Temp Hempist / JedHI Master
I'm curious. Are the people experiencing 'robot fart' with the black or silver model?

I'm new to vaporizing, and an experienced FC member told me to check out the Solo. I must say reading this post had me laughing my ass off. Robot fart?? I've DEFINITELY got to check out this vape!

Vapinghole,

Silver420Surfer

Downward spiral
It is, if you've got big mitts with unsteady hands, and bad eyesight

Why are you wearing big mitts with already unsteady hands? Take off those big mitts you're wearing and you'll probably have an easier time!! :D

edit: Going to try 2 more level 7 burn-ins to see if I can cure this smell. Getting better but not good enough. I use to work with a particular internet cable modem awhile back, the RCA by thompson wireless dwg85 smething model, this Solo smell is the same smell I would get upon opening that particular modem new from the box. If youre internet guy ever brings you one, smell it, its the same smell. It was some kind f off gassing, because whenever I would revisit a client, months later, smell was never there. Many clients noticed this, one lady called back because she actually thought is was burning/ melting and was a fire hazzard, but some clients' noses did not.

Silver420Surfer,
Reactions: smokum

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
You should check it out, vapinghole. Even though the temp settings only go to 7, it feels like you're getting portable vapor rips on 11.

On a side note, if you can tell me the difference between golf and miniature golf, I will award you with a virtual shark sandwich. :rockon:

Stu,

Vapinghole

Excellent question, Stu! The ball is smaller, of course! ;)

And I gladly accept your virtual shark sandwich. Certainly better than a "shit sandwich." :peace:

Vapinghole,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Congratulations, Vapinghole!
Here you are...
sharksandw.jpg

:clap:

Stu,

Vapinghole

Wow! Thanks, Stu!! Made my evening. Think I'll vape in your honor, and I'll keep looking into the Solo. If a hip cat like you digs it, I'm sure it's better than dubly stereo!

Vapinghole,
would love to see a picture of how you do this. the stems bowls are so small I imagine one screen taking up most of the room in the bowl, so i can't imagine how you get two in there.

thanks
Mike

Hi Mike, here's what I'm talking about. The screens don't take up as much room as I'd have thought, not as much as inserting the domed screen upside-down like some folks here do. It's not the prettiest solution but it works for me. Nicely roasted ABV (not charred or black), just give the screens a minute to cool down when you're done before prying them out of the stem ;)
Photo%2009-03-2012%2011%2040%2056.jpg

Jhonny

setting it between 3-5
noticed top piece(not little plastic lid) was holding smell, so I just baked it 12 min 400 deg F in oven. Top part seems to have lost smell for now. Letting it cool now t see if smell stays when cold.

@ cycleb - My M107 is black

Robo-fart smell less but still noticeable, still in top part, but I am wondering if coming from down below. I also have slight rattle , anyone with bad smell have rattle when shake Solo gently side to side/

I also have a black M107 with the robo-fart smell.
Seems like the smell gets stronger when the vaporizer gets hotter. Did 20 sessions since yesterday and the smell is still noticeble.

Just shaked it and mine has the little rattling noise too ...

Jhonny,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Wait, when exactly did Stu become hip?

:evil:

I don't think there ever was a rattle mentioned before this page, but luckily we can now search threads.

I think there are two different smells, that are both called robofarts at times.

1. the stink of the SS bowl. This will probably reduce over time and is only irritating to some of the more sensitive users (I'm one of those) it seems, but obviously all SS models have this.

2. some members have reported a use of to much flux after opening up their Solo and reported the smell goes away after cleaning it up. Assume a warranty replacement/repair for most users with this problem, I can not recommend fixing this yourself as it obviously would cost you your warranty.

I also noticed an annoying paint smell on both M105 units I tried, but since not to many people seem to complain about this it's probably just my over-sensitive nose that's bothered by it.

Also, could someone explain the '11' reference to this dumbass please? I've seen it mentioned before but idgi.

OhTheAgony,
Reactions: rufrothy

hogleg

I have a m105 and the smell is alhways there it is faint and when Im making clouds in the bong I cant even smell it but when I am taking little hits it is very prevelant. The 11 is from Spinal Tap the amps go to 11 higher than anyone else

hogleg,

WatTyler

Revolting Peasant
Also, could someone explain the '11' reference to this dumbass please? I've seen it mentioned before but idgi.
lol that's why I went back to put the vid in haha.

It's one more (than ten). That extra push over the cliff. :cool:

WatTyler,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
do you hear a vibration when you shake your solo or not?

There wasn't one before, but you actually made me check again. There is now!

After further inspection it is the ring on top of the heater chamber that is a little loose and makes some noise when shaken on mine. I can feel it's loose when I stick my pinkie in there as well. It moves quite a bit actually, I can lift it out little over a mm when I give it my best.

Wat, that's it? I expected something a little more intriguing/entertaining tbh :(

Thanks for explaining though, it's the not-knowing that always seems to get to me.

;)

OhTheAgony,

Silver420Surfer

Downward spiral
Thanks for chiming in regarding the slight rattle noise.
@jhonny---No vibration at all on mine, just like something is a little loose or internal wires gently rapping against some internals.

The smell after baking top part for 10-12 min, running 2 full charge burn-ins on level 7, and iso wipedown is making me contact Vapeworld to see what they can do. Its very strong while heating/ on, and does lessen when cool, but I use it when hot so thats what matters most. Did we come up with this happening with one color over another. Does it happen more to black models than silver models?

Silver420Surfer,

WatTyler

Revolting Peasant
Wat, that's it? I expected something a little more intriguing/entertaining tbh :(

Thanks for explaining though, it's the not-knowing that always seems to get to me.

;)
I guess it depends on where the film fit in to your formative years. I spend many hours laughing at it. :D

WatTyler,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Nope, totally unrelated to color as well as age or model nr as far as I can tell.

And yeah, it sounds like I would want to send that unit back as well S420S.

I guess it depends on where the film fit in to your formative years. I spend many hours laughing at it. :D

I guess I still don't get it then :shrug:

I tried some googling, but even the urban dictionary couldn't help me.

Perhaps it got lost in translation. I know I do a lot :(

OhTheAgony,

Jhonny

Nope, totally unrelated to color as well as age or model nr as far as I can tell.

And yeah, sound like I would want to send that unit back as well S420S.

I will test it intensively till tomorrow and if still stinking I will have to send it back :(

@Silver420Surfer
yes to me it sounds also like something is loose under the heater chamber

Jhonny,
Top Bottom