Arizer Solo

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
That's good to know dorkus, but I can still make it work, it'll just have to be 1 solo with a pv GonG stem, and 1 with my current shorty stem to 7th floor GonG adapter.

Maybe I should pick up a 45 degree GonG adapter next time in looking on ALT.

I was talking to a glassblower about getting some made, but he didn't come through, just stopped returning phone calls and e-mails. :(

Frederick McGuire,

dorkus_molorkus

@freddie- sweet dude. it was just a FYI comment, i'm glad you can still jerry some two fisted solo ripps.
maybe the 45 deg might be a good idea. dunno, bit blazed TBH & running on not much sleep right now.

bummer bout the glassblower, but thats fucking artists & tradies for ya. lol

take care dude

dorkus_molorkus,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Don't get me started about glassblowers....

I bought one of PV's GonG stems as well, and am looking forward to it's arrival.

:peace:

Stu,
I broke my only 3-hole stem and am back using my 2 hole stems... "Golfball through a garden hose" comes to mind. It feels like a real downgrade - I know some people have talked about thicker vapor from their two hole stems but this has not been my experience.
Definitely need to invest in a four hole stem.

charliedontsurf,

tintest

GoGlass said:
Hello to all FC Users,

Here is my short review of the Solo after 20 days of use.

In one word : A-M-A-Z-I-N-G. I have put my ExtremeQ, my VaporGenies and my VripTech HW in the cellar !!!

I use it at Level 5 or 6 for thick clouds, and at Level 4 for sweet clouds.

I grind the herb and i pack it with my finger. I also use a screen.
If you don't use screen, you will swallow sometimes littles particules.
If you don't grind you herb, it will work, but it will be unevenly cooked, but you can stir if you want.

I have measured the Battery life many times : i have exactly 10 cycles of 12 minutes (yep 2 hours) AT LEVEL 5.

For me it's equal at 2 days of normal use, so it's ok for me.

With my Solo, i have two stems. The two fits loosely. If someone also have a doubt about the debate of looser/tighter stems here is the answer from Arizer :

"The airflow works in two ways, first, through the holes on the cap inside the unit and up through the heater, and second, around the bat into the heater. A tighter fitting bat will restrictthe airflow to only through the heater, which makes it harder to draw vapor through the Aroma tube, so a looser fitting Aroma Tube is more ideal for functional purposes."

So looser is better.... But i don't like the fact that the stem is spinning... so i have planned to buy special silicon (Max temp 260C !) and to put two littles bands on the stem.
These two bands will stop the stem to spin, but will don't restrict the airflow....

So for me the Cons are :

- Stem look like a Crack pipe....
- You have to stir, just one time, but you have to stir for perfect extraction.
- Bowl is just a little too small for me

Pros are too numerous :

- Zero Learning Curve
- Very Portative
- Efficient as other "Big" Vapes (Volcano, etc...)

and the best news :

- You can VAPORIZE KIEF! Yep just put that green/yellow/brown powder of your grinder/pollinator, pack it tightly in the stem...Go at Level 5.....and Whaouuu!!!
So Strong !!! So Tasty !! Incredible !! Never seen that with another vape !!!!!!! It's so intense that i cant't finish one bowl with a 12 mins cycle !!!!!!
Every clouds are equals and very thicks, and you have so many tokes !!!!!!!!!!!!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now i know a glass blower and i want to 'optimize' the stem, so he makes me 2 news stems for my solo :

http://i1134.photobucket.com/albums/m611/0675477985/IMAG0068.jpg

No, you dont dream, the first stem on the Left is a stem for the Solo with a Glassonglass 14.4 attachment!!!!
Here is it with my double bubbler bong :
http://i1134.photobucket.com/albums/m611/0675477985/IMAG0081.jpg

The second stem is a modified version of the orginal (which is on the right). It has a bigger bowl, and 4 holes instead of 2 in the original stem :
http://i1134.photobucket.com/albums/m611/0675477985/IMAG0070.jpg

Note also the 'more mouthpiece shape' :
http://i1134.photobucket.com/albums/m611/0675477985/IMAG0074.jpg

Very cute , and good idea ? Not so sure, i don't know why but this new stem with the 4 holes and the bigger bowl is less efficency than the original one....
Grrrrrrr. Maybe too much holes, maybe the size of the bowl ? I will continue to try different design and keep you informed of my researches......

Are these still available? I Love the extended bowl. Supersize me!

tintest,

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
I was uploading a couple of pics for another thread, so I figured Id snap a few pics of my GonG setup for the solo:
(sorry in advance for the dirty glass - the flash made them look worse)

Shorty stem and 7th floor 14mm GonG adapter with a short piece of 7th floor tubing:

Assembled product:

Frederick McGuire,

u bwade wunner

Hey peeps

just an update from last time.its cracker of a day here in Oz.Crank up the beats!

I have a 4 hole stem on its way to ed at eds tnt stems. hes gonna use this to commission a wooden stem for the solo.It will be an exotic wood mouthpiece with a screened bowl that will sit tight in the solo similar to his CRZ stems.The wooden stem wont rattle loose or drop on the floor and smash during that saturday evening movie when youre beached.

the bowl eds making will allow for better airflow( making sure of that).
Maybe if Eds about he will chime in on this one.

Why all this interest in the solo again??.... well I found a product to block the airpath between the wiring and the bowl.Its called selleys knead it aqua.its a putty two pack jobby feels like plasticine.Its Designed for sealing/repairing fish tanks and its food grade.It is odourless sets rock hard in one hour and withstands temps up to 130deg C which is fine because its far enough away from the heat bowl to avoid that .I packed the gap all around the mica and remembered to screw the cap on before it sets(remember that bit :lol:.I also took the ring insert out of the mica bowl surround and now drop it in on top of the micabowl like in vapexls mod thread for better airflow.only drama will be battery change later.i think at that stage ill be looking at a cloud portable :brow:

so both my solos have a clear airpath, no plastics smell/robot farts from below the bowl into the airpath like i had before.I ve cranked both my solos for 3 or 4 twelve revs and she is sweet.early days .its a different vape now clean airway no yuck taste and i trust it. Feels like like portable eq only thicker hits .I ll let you know how it progresses :D.i see pvape have already sold out of gongs and stealth tubes.wow they are shifting these things now.EDIT email from Pvape 2 week wait reorder for gong stems

time to get rolling....tidy now!

u bwade wunner,

norcal

nice, im glad i got my gong attachment.

I havent had any smell come from the vape at all. I think they may have fixed whatever problem there may have been with that. But i may be wrong, so far for me though no nasty smells.

I really like how long the battery lasts, I went two days on one charge which is awesome imo.

So far no complaints. I may see if i can get a peice similar to the style of the cloud glass and use it with my gong attachment on the solo. Sort of like a solo cloud lol

norcal,

CentiZen

Evil Genius in Training
Accessory Maker
Well, while I can't say that I've never broken any stems, I've found that getting into the habit of removing them after your done with them saves many breaks and chips, but since they are glass they are going to be fragile.

I've turned a couple broken stems into stubbies, you can do it, but using a dremel for that purpose is going to make things difficult. You'll have to be careful, make sure you don't heat the glass past its breaking point or press to hard because then a big chunk will fly off and any hope you had of salvaging the stem it gone.

All in all though, breakable stems are really the only gripe with an otherwise solid unit.

CentiZen,

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
MrNorml said:
A reason the Solo isn't the travel mate it could be . . . http://i1269.photobucket.com/albums/jj584/MrNormlAZ/IMG_0692.jpg

$15 to replace!!

If I got a dremel drill with a blade could I cut it?
Also as a note concerning heat of glass I was able to hit this at 4 no problems heat-wise at least.

I cut the shorty stem I posted above using a dremmel cutting disc. It was just a slow job.

I also used some sandpaper (I can't remember the grit, 220 is springing to mind, but if that sounds wrong them I'm probably way off) to smooth it off after cutting.

If you do try using a dremmel, make sure you use eye protection, as I had a few tiny chips hit my safety glasses as I was doing it.

And obviously a vice or something to hold the stem while cutting.

I've only broken 2 stems - 1 fell out of my pocket onto pavement, an one I let support the weight of the solo sitting in my bong. It swiveled an broke the tip of the stem.

I picked up a 8 inch padded dime bag from 7th floor and it's the perfect size for putting stems into and then throwing into a backpack. (it's too small to put the actual solo into though)

Frederick McGuire,

MrNorml

thecragus said:
MrNorml said:
sessnet said:
Haha! I'll take it! :p

I read that it's only good for about 15-30 seconds? Then it gets warm? Or maybe I misread....

If that was true - I was thinking of getting another one just to keep it in rotation (freezer), so maybe they will be good for at least 1 minute? :/

15 minutes. Not 15 seconds.

I just picked up one of these (they are running out, color choices limited) and I think they're great. Definitely 15 minutes. And there is no real need to do anything more than insert the long stem into the Tamer, no need for a seal. So cool are refreshing....I bought two (as I know I will eventuall y break one :lol: )!

Color even more limited now - I just ordered my 2nd and clear was all left. It is a very nice add-on for the Solo.

MrNorml,

sessnet

Noob Saibot
I want to buy another Vaper Tamer before they run out, so I won't be forced to buy one of the newer super_high_priced ones. And - I need to invest in a small bubble or something. Tax refund check - where are you??? :uhoh:

Has anyone tried one of the other VT -like the Fatty or Saturn?

sessnet,

aesthyrian

Blaaaaah
sessnet said:
I want to buy another Vaper Tamer before they run out, so I won't be forced to buy one of the newer super_high_priced ones. And - I need to invest in a small bubble or something. Tax refund check - where are you??? :uhoh:

Has anyone tried one of the other VT -like the Fatty or Saturn?

I have a fatty and a regular. The fatty is much better IMO, stays cold longer, has less restricted air flow too. It's expensive but I managed to get a blemished one for really cheap so keep and eye out and you could get lucky.

aesthyrian,
Hey guys!
I've been debating between getting a solo or an extreme q but I've decided on the solo for portability reasons. HAZAH!

Where should i buy it from?
Amazon sells it for as low as $170, but i have no way of knowing which model it is (M105, act), and ezvaporizers.com sells it for $230 (-10% with a code, so $200) with a 2-pc aluminum grinder and free overnight shipping.
I'd rather save the money but I want to make sure I have a newer model so I can avoid any future problems.
Any suggestions? Thanks ahead of time.

Also, any accessories that you highly recommend?

amnesiac010,

msb241178

amnesiac010 said:
Hey guys!
I've been debating between getting a solo or an extreme q but I've decided on the solo for portability reasons. HAZAH!

Where should i buy it from?
Amazon sells it for as low as $170, but i have no way of knowing which model it is (M105, act), and ezvaporizers.com sells it for $230 (-10% with a code, so $200) with a 2-pc aluminum grinder and free overnight shipping.
I'd rather save the money but I want to make sure I have a newer model so I can avoid any future problems.
Any suggestions? Thanks ahead of time.

Also, any accessories that you highly recommend?

PlanetVape & PuffItUp have the newest M107 model.

If you plum for PlanetVape don't forget the FC discount code.

msb241178,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
I ordered the $170 solo from amazon and got a m107ss can't say for sure that everyone will get the same, but it was ordered last week, and I was pleasantly surprised. Luckily Amazon has an easy return policy too, so if you change your mind... http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B006FXDQ1Q/ref=oh_o04_s00_i00_details

If you plan to pay full price for one, I would suggest planetvape as they have excellent customer service. :2c:

jambandphan03,

smokum

I am who I am and your approval isn't needed!
+1 for PlanetVape !! One stop shop for the device AND now the add-on glass pieces :D Add to that the amazing customer service and shipping times and its a win-win to me.

smokum,

sessnet

Noob Saibot
In retrospect, I wasn't too happy with my Solo order through Puff-it-Up.

They told me they had the latest model, and when I got it, it said m106 on it :/

And to add insult to injury, they took over a week to drop it in the mail....I could have walked to Canada and picked it up myself... :mad:

sessnet,

ilovebOObs

can i stick my male joint in there?
wow my gong stem and stealth stem has arrived. mad props to planetvape for the free upgraded shipping, that was real awesome. i wasn't expecting it so it was a nice surprised. now time to test :brow:

i also ordered some screens, but they seem a little small, the screen will fall out of the stems. i wished they cut them over size so i can dome them or cut them to fit perfectly.

ilovebOObs,

PlanetHaze

Don't Vaporize The Planet !, Vaporize Yourself
Retailer
ilovebOObs said:
wow my gong stem and stealth stem has arrived. mad props to planetvape for the free upgraded shipping, that was real awesome. i wasn't expecting it so it was a nice surprised. now time to test :brow:

i also ordered some screens, but they seem a little small, the screen will fall out of the stems. i wished they cut them over size so i can dome them or cut them to fit perfectly.

That is great ilovebOObs, glad to hear our shipping came through so quickly.

The screen size was chosen to purposely fall out when you dump the stem for easy cleaning, it gets held in tight by your herbs when in use. Please respond back to your order email and we will send you over sized screens which you can dome or we can cut to fit perfectly if you like.

We are working on some custom Ultra Fine micron stainless steel screens for the Solo, similar to what is in the herborizers bowl.

Peace and Love,
PlanetVape

PlanetHaze,

smokum

I am who I am and your approval isn't needed!
Looking forward to the custom screen release PV....

I too was a lil disappointed with the screens both being smaller than I expected AND that they are more of a coarse screen meant for combustion.... not the fine mesh for vaping.

smokum,
Top Bottom