Arizer Solo

stickstones

Vapor concierge
guys, don't forget vape4life is going on day four with no weed or sleep...and it's Arizer's fault!

vape4life, your issues are real, but your persistent posting of emotional discontent is what is not welcome. for a reference, search for the user 'tradhead' in the Iolite thread. we're just not diggin the vibe. you can state your problems and even how unhappy you are, but when you do it over and over again it is a real drag and not allowed here.

try smoking what you have and come back in a great mood!

stickstones,

smokecity

@Willeh and @charliedontsurf glad to see that you were both well compensated by Arizer for all your troubles. Please keep us posted on your new solos and if they end up with the same issues.

smokecity,

August West

Well then Vape4life....sell your new solo and move onto another thread. Yes the Cloud looks like a winner when it finally arrives. Perhaps attack was too strong of word...I simply mean calling me a fanboy...wtf is that? As for answering questions I am not the one that needs to be answering those so I will not even try.

Good day Sir.

August West,

Willeh

I'm heating my new solo up for the first time and its definitely making a nice little burn off smell, I have my previous one heating side by side and it smells maybe half as strong. Again the smell is not plasticy, or rubbery. I'd say its akin to cardboard or burning dust. I know the extreme instructs you to run it for 20 minutes at a high temperature for a 'burn off'. I'm going to cycle it down to power level 3 (four full cycles) and see if the smell is milder or not, then edit back in my results.

Edit in: After three cycles both my units smell roughly the same, but the old one a lot sweeter from the resins in it. Even the smell from the little bit of the oil cooking off is stronger than the smell of the heater, but there is a smell for sure. Now, I did something a little brave and unscrewed the cap and touched the sides of the heating element, and it wasn't so hot. You could keep your finger on it for about a second. I'm guessing there is their fabric insulator inbetween the heater and the sides of it, and I still think that's likely the smell. I just may email Arizer asking about what its made out of, but I know they'll tell me its a temperature safe fabric if I ask anyway as that was the answer I got when I broke my heater cover and inquired what the strange fabric was.

Willeh,

Vaped Ape

MMJ Therapist specializing in gynecology~wannabe
@ Vape4Life. Sorry to hear you have not slept for 4 days. May I suggest that you go over to the FC Cookiing with Cannabis and ck out the Samuel L Jackson cannabutta recipe thread started by Breech. Tells you allot about mutha fuckin butta and mutha fuckin edibles to injest so you can chill yo mutha fuckin as.

Da Ape

Vaped Ape,

jackmormon

vape4life said:
Hey Willeh, thanks for your interpretation. Makes complete sense to me now.

The new Solo was fired up (but not vaped in)...honestly, the stink is HORRIBLE! MUCH worse than my first one. It's almost like a disgusting "chemical' and hot electronics odour. I dunno, I fired it up a cycle, then another, and another, and just gross if I 'sniff' it. I appreciate you not being a fanboy like some arizer fans (heck, i used to be one), and your concerns are very valid...like mine. Perhaps i'm more sensitive to the smell, but it has completely turned me off...honestly don't even care much about the flaking, etc. But the smell destroys the experience for me. Here's to the Cloud! lol

And you are trying to sell the unit on this forum for more than you paid for it? Saying it is worth more because of the extras you got for free on your warranty replacement? C'mon....If it really is that bad do the ethical thing and eat the cost instead of trying to pawn off an obviously unacceptable vaporizer to someone else... :2c:

jackmormon,
Reactions: tonuzzi

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
320 for a smelly Solo? *shakes head*

You could at least have the decency to put that in your add.

OhTheAgony,

lwien

For some odd reason, it's not uncommon to see someone doing the exact same thing to others that they have accused others of doing to them. Happens all the time. Wonder what the psychology of that is all about. :hmm:

lwien,

blackbur

I've been reading this thread since page 1 and i have to say i'm surprised with the recent news of the issues that have rose dealt with the solo, it really sounds like its the product of a bad batch.Everyone who has had issues with their vaporizer purchased it around the same time? Also another question is are you guys burning in your vaporizers on the highest temp ? or are you guys just running it at 3?

^These questions are for those who had issues with the smell and chipping and etc..if you have a normal unit running fine i wouldn't mind if you chimed in either.:)

Glad the users take the effort to write reviews and record videos for people on the fence, but please remember a lot of people use these forums for research.If you have something emotional please keep it private..Even after all the reading i am still interested about the solo, its something new and refreshing to see in the vaporizer community, a portable that runs of a LI Battery. Really paving the way for some awesome vaporizers that will grace us in the future.

I hate to add on but i think its wrong to sell a vaporizer(even if its a warranty replacement) for higher than what you paid.Just because you felt like you were dealt with injustice doesn't mean you have to injustice someone else.

vape4life said:
On another note, on the vaporpedia page it says:

$299 "Arizer does not permit price reductions by authorized dealers"

This is not true. The Friendly Stranger in Toronto I believe is Arizer's biggest retailer and are authorized and sell it for $275+tax.

blackbur,
To Blackbur, Arizer clearly seem to allows a certain percentage off their 300 dollar price, and draws the line at some point the consumer isn't yet aware of. Many trusted sites like puffitup or vapeworld offer it with full warranties in the 250-280 dollar range.

You're right about the Solo being new and refreshing. It's a badass little vaporizer currently hadicapped for me by its off putting aroma and the ceramic flaking issues, as well as the battery life to a lesser extent.

I ran my Solo between 2 and 7. I don't know respectfully if that's all too important a question, as a consumer certainly should be able to run their Solo at its highest setting for 2 hours a day, everyday for 2 years and not have to worry about the ceramic coating. It's not like you hacked your Solo and turned it up to eleven, you're just doing what your device is clearly meant to do.

charliedontsurf,

blackbur

charliedontsurf said:
I ran my Solo between 2 and 7. I don't know respectfully if that's all too important a question, as a consumer certainly should be able to run their Solo at its highest setting for 2 hours a day, everyday for 2 years and not have to worry about the ceramic coating. It's not like you hacked your Solo and turned it up to eleven, you're just doing what your device is clearly meant to do.

Understandable, i was just curious if people were heating their unit at the highest temp[before their first use] to burn off whatever chemicals were left behind and to avoid odd smells and flavors others were experiencing.

blackbur,
Oh, then I totally misunderstood you! Mine is actually sitting at level 7 right now. Doesn't stink as much as my other unit, but it still does.

charliedontsurf,
More flaking Solos! This unit has never been used, never been scrapped, and has had its two snug stems inserted and withdrawn twice each. The scratching is more prevalent on the bottom but there is also a flake off the side, which actually fell onto the table after the third or fourth heating cycle at setting 7 when I turned the unit upside down.

0OSNt.jpg

IhH1W.jpg

fPlKi.jpg

I've emailed Arizer support.

charliedontsurf,
Newer solos have white clips instead of black apparently. I don't think it was from the stems. Something which is circular on the periphery of the bowl can't scratch the center like that.

To lighten the mood of doom and defects, I bring you: squirrel outside window, an exploration in light and color, chronicling the life and death of the universe's very quintessence. :lol:

Zjpmc.jpg

charliedontsurf,

Empherio

Arbiter of the Arbitrary
"I really love taking photos of defective units and emailing warranty people, rather than just vaporizing and getting on with my night."

Argh, that sux, CDS. I'm sitting here with my flawless Solo and prayin to Jah (-) that I be spared these worries. The little beauty has replaced my other vapes completely- it is too easy to use and more efficient too 2boot. My only Arizer product- not a fanboy.

Sorry, mflb, with a pa that broke and then I lost before I could return for warranty. *pause to curse
Myrtlezap- are you fucking kidding? Who's got a full houror two for microhits? And lightly toasted herb? That's bullshit. and not that efficient for effect.
VG- works, but burns shit often as not, also burns appendages. Impossible in a car, unless you like to be seen torching a pipe, toking like a fiend.
Kia- I actually like this box, but the heater is broken, pre-mf return.

The above are clearly the opinions of a shrewd baboon.

Empherio,
I took that bit out because it made me sound like a prick. I replaced it with a squirrel photo though, which is kind of its antithetical counterpart. I hope your Solo works for a long, long time, but I am now going to pursue getting a cash refund from vaporizerforweed.net.

I fucking love your avatar, by the way.

charliedontsurf,

Empherio

Arbiter of the Arbitrary
I'm glad I preserved your quote. It is a wry and elegant summation of the frustration you must certainly feel and worries (despite my prayers, must pray more). I'm sure you'll keep us posted on your travails.

Empherio,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
I'm very thankful that I haven't had any problems at all with my unit. However I have noticed that I haven't been using it much, and I have realized why. I prefer to vape at my leisure at home throughout the evening (or daytime on the weekends sometimes). The Solo is the only one of my vapes that is not really conducive for my home use. I know it seems silly to say that a 2 minute heat up time is bothersome, but it is for me. I know the 12 minute mandatory shut-off is there to preserve battery life, but for me this has become an irritant.

When I use my EQ, it is always with a glass piece, so I turn it on when I get home and it stays on and ready to go for the entire evening. My PD is on 24/7, so it's always ready. Hell, even my LB can have a trench vaping on a moment's notice.

I'm still glad I got this unit for mobile use. It's just that I'm not really mobile all that much anymore. But for the rare occasion that I'm in the need of medicating while away from home, it is a fantastic solution.

:peace:

Stu,

blackbur

@Charlie Sorry to hear about the chipping.

@Stu i can see where your coming from, being a hassle to heat up and cool down.

Would be really nice if they could just stick a glass on glass joint in the solo and just put another on the stems.

Along with adding mouthpieces with more variety...

But at the same time the price would defiantly go up.

blackbur,

VaphingApe415

Ugh! Flaked on me...Been four days, going on five and no respond from Arizer...SMH!
Don't really want to contact VFW because I gave a piece of my mind so I think I burned that bridge, but it's my last resort...I'm trying to stay away but from CDS pics, it's not an isolated batch that Steve suspects....It's just a matter of time; I'd stay away from light 7!

VaphingApe415,

WatTyler

Revolting Peasant
I did have a strange line in my chamber a week or so ago, very similar to that which Charliedontsurf has pictured. Quite large and so I was very concerned at first glance, although it actually dissappeared when I stuck my pinkie finger in there ( very tight) and rubbed around. Not sure what it was exactly, but like a continuous 'scratch' that zig zagged across the bottom and then up the side of the chamber. Most peculiar as it was quite clear and definate, so I assumed a new addition and hadn't just gone unnoticed, but the only thing that has ever been in there was the glass stem and I just couldn't see how that could make such a shape. And as it rubbed off I assume, despite it's appearance, that it wasn't a scratch and was actually deposited on the coating somehow? It remains a mystery..... but glad it rubbed off, and still in good condition now.

WatTyler,

BossBrew

Metalhead
Unfortunately I am also getting some "organic ceramic" peeling in my bowl. I have used my Solo 2-3 times daily since I purchased it a little over 3 weeks ago and it's disappointing to see this happening. Not the greatest experience a first time vape owner can have. Aside from the peeling, I love the Solo. I expect to be out of a vape for a while as I go through the RMA process so I have ordered a MFLB to fulfill my portable vaping needs until this issue is resolved.

Both of my stems fit loosely so this peeling is very strange to me.

34Wh9.jpg

BossBrew,

GoGlass

Hi,

same as BossBrew here,

after 1 month of use, and with stems who fits loosely, i have also the issue with the coating.

It starts peeling and crackle :

[img=FluxBB bbcode test]http://i1134.photobucket.com/albums/m611/0675477985/IMAG0086.jpg[/img]

Not very happy, because i love my Solo, but there is a lot of people who have this issue now, and
i really think that we are the Beta testers of Arizer..........

GoGlass,
Top Bottom