Arizer Solo

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
j0Et4ea.jpg

I need some GonG's!
@Buzzbomb Almighty that scene was so CIVILIZED!

Last edited:

Jethro

LOL, are you using an Air stem with a piece of rubber as a GonG?!? LOL And it's all chipped??! HAHAHA

I've basically been using my Solo as a daily driver since I got it. HARD use, industrial almost! It's working beautifully but looks pretty beat up since I treat it like a tool. I have the Pax and my VaporGenie as backups, but I will need to replace the Solo at some point. So Id like to ask those in this thread, who own or have used the Air as well as a Solo- which should I buy- Air or another Solo? I've wanted an Air every since they came out, but it would have been pure VAS since the Solo works so well. Will I be as happy with an air as a daily driver if my Solo ever did fail? Does the Air have as much power as the Solo? Everyone says I need a desktop for powerful home use, but the Solo seems to be all I need for home. I use it through a D020-D watertool most the time. Can the Air do the same? I got the Puffitup page on standby.

OF

I need some GonG's!

Amen to that, I'd say you've held out about as long as you dare. Until someone invents the 'Ataxian proof GonG', maybe it's time to lay in a supply of the old fashioned ones to tide you over? You're mighty close to GonGless right now........

So Id like to ask those in this thread, who own or have used the Air as well as a Solo- which should I buy- Air or another Solo? I've wanted an Air every since they came out, but it would have been pure VAS since the Solo works so well.

Having both available, I find I use Solo more often. More sessions and a more dependable 'battery meter' and I find it easier to hang on to Solo with casual use (like in the garden), Air can slip out straight down, Solo has the lip of the cut to help hang on.

I think an Air and a back up Solo both make excellent sense.......the order you get them in is up to you. For general use I think Solo gets the nod, but Air has stealth/travel advantages.

OF

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
LOL, are you using an Air stem with a piece of rubber as a GonG?!? LOL And it's all chipped??! HAHAHA

I've basically been using my Solo as a daily driver since I got it. HARD use, industrial almost! It's working beautifully but looks pretty beat up since I treat it like a tool. I have the Pax and my VaporGenie as backups, but I will need to replace the Solo at some point. So Id like to ask those in this thread, who own or have used the Air as well as a Solo- which should I buy- Air or another Solo? I've wanted an Air every since they came out, but it would have been pure VAS since the Solo works so well. Will I be as happy with an air as a daily driver if my Solo ever did fail? Does the Air have as much power as the Solo? Everyone says I need a desktop for powerful home use, but the Solo seems to be all I need for home. I use it through a D020-D watertool most the time. Can the Air do the same? I got the Puffitup page on standby.
We had a saying: "HACKER" = Anyone that did bad work was called that. (70's)
HACKER now has become part of the computer age lingo!
My GonG is HACKER however I get by!

Maybe I need some more to hold me over until we have a company come out with a unbreakable GonG? Then again NOBILITY was many centuries ago!

SOLO TIME = CIVILIZED

Lgrpx4n.jpg

If all you need is a SOLO good for you! (I wonder as well)?

What was I doing at 420?
CIVILIZED
@DarkSm0ke I'm a cheap bastard!
sOLO's are cheap and get the job done when in the garden!

Last edited:

disruptxd

We had a saying: "HACKER" = Anyone that did bad work was called that. (70's)
HACKER now has become part of the computer age lingo!
My GonG is HACKER however I get by!

Maybe I need some more to hold me over until we have a company come out with a unbreakable GonG? Then again NOBILITY was many centuries ago!

SOLO TIME = CIVILIZED

Lgrpx4n.jpg

If all you need is a SOLO good for you! (I wonder as well)?

What was I doing at 420?
CIVILIZED
@DarkSm0ke I'm a cheap bastard!
sOLO's are cheap and get the job done when in the garden!

Is that jar smell proof ? What jar is it

DrNick420

yes it is, its the jyarz, i have a few of the satchmos,i like the bigger size. can stuff a LOT of ground bud in one. crazy amounts. roll a few blunts out of it and still be like "i have this much left???!"

anyway i bought a bunch more puff it up solo gongs... sure they might not be nice as pv ones and initially i compplained they had a shallow bowl, it actually lets you pack over the top and still get great hits. so i just crank my solo to 4 then 5 and have a nice gong.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
I have JARZ the small ones for shred (medium grind)
Storage doesn't matter to me. (Whatever blocks the sun light)
I had a bunch of KERN JARS I painted that worked.
Nutritional bottles I use alot. (opaque)

The SOLO is cheap and no BLING however in the garden it's all I need!
B1aGIpY.jpg

GAME CHANGER + FRENCH ROAST + SOLO at level 4 = CIVILIZED
PINK is my favorite color!

Last edited:

Dr. Soxhlet

SOLO Vaporized Cannabis is my Best Medicine
So Id like to ask those in this thread, who own or have used the Air as well as a Solo- which should I buy- Air or another Solo? I've wanted an Air every since they came out, but it would have been pure VAS since the Solo works so well. Will I be as happy with an air as a daily driver if my Solo ever did fail? Does the Air have as much power as the Solo? Everyone says I need a desktop for powerful home use, but the Solo seems to be all I need for home. I use it through a D020-D watertool most the time. Can the Air do the same? I got the Puffitup page on standby.

I have two Solos that are used in rotation.......one charges while the other is bring used. I use them a lot, so the number of sessions is important. I replaced the battery in one with a higher capacity battery, so I get about half again as many sessions now. I live in a somewhat legal state, so stealth is not as big a consideration as battery capacity. Nice to have a backup while the other is down too.
A friend of mine bought an Air and while I like it, the Solo just seems more deluxe and solid.

Last edited:

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Air is good for me and i sure aint young. just gun on the fly?
Stephen Hawkings is cool but hard to get my head around some parts.
Ever hear of Prof Brian Cox in the US?
That was said kind of strong?
Sorry I don't find portable's that cool?
The SOLO taste correct.
It medicates me.

What's not to like?

I like Carl Sagan more. (HAWKINGS is hard reading)

I have SHATTER everyday in my WAX PEN'S.
To sleep all day?

A SOLO is like (GOLDILOCKS)
JUST RIGHT = CIVILIZED

benbenben

Just picked up a used M102 from ebay (uk). Was hoping the ceramic surface would be half decent. As it turned out it was basically brand new looking. No chipping/flaking etc and very smooth. Battery life's pretty good too, so I don't think it's seen much use. Anyway, I'm loving it. And it holds a temp really well. Rly impressed

VdPo8XB.jpg

7aG44SD.jpg

hg5eQ4h.jpg

ylNcG95.jpg

And one of the bottom because I couldn't find a decent pic of an M102 base when I was looking at buying this one (4 holes on the bottom going away from the charge socket, most other models seem to have 3, had me bugged out).

Now to buy some higher flow stems to play with and mebbe try the O-ring. But tbh I like the original curved stem quite a lot, and the unit gives a really nice vapour/taste. No complaints yet.

Last edited:

benbenben

Allo there. Yeah it was second hand off ebay (edited my first post for clarity). The listing claimed it was 18 months old.. But I don't think they've made an M102 since 2011/12?, who knows.
In any event I really wanted a ceramic version and figured at best it would be a bit chipped and have a dead battery. But nope, got a bit lucky. These things are built to last, it's pretty much as new.

If anyone in the UK/EU knows where I can find a PVHES Turbo or equivalent lemme knoes. Can't find much online over here.

gangababa

It is about time for my two-year-here check-in; actually it is more like 27 months, but that is an inside joke about separation from my now wife during her Peace Corp time.

I have a personal problem that is essentially ethical and ecological.

I use my one Solo dawn to dark. As my clean straight stem gets messy, my two other straight stems soak in alcohol, stored in travel tubes.
An ever darkening alcohol first soak and then a second in the cleaner alcohol tube.
The stems thus rotate through the soaks and a very clean stem is always available, needing only a hot water rinse and dry.

The hot milk method never cleaned sufficiently for me, and btw my ABV is always tossed away.

The problem is that I choose to discard the dirty alcohol rather than to recover the honey.
While I love living in a legal state and thus worry not about lack, how now to live in harmony with nature?

What do I do with the thick, sticky, dark alcohol that I am collecting?
I do not own property where I might soak it into the ground and it doesn't seen right to flush it into to our waste water stream or even to garbage-trash sites.
Had I a fireplace, I might drizzle the alcohol on firewood, but alas, I lack.

Here is a travel tube and soaking stem wherein at least two principles of physics are demonstrated as the trapped air is keeping the liquid from leveling and air surface tension is keeping the air from escaping up through the four stem bowl holes.
AlSoloStem_zpstjp78zcn.jpg

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
@gangababa - Do you have some place discreet enough to allow the alcohol to evaporate? You could just pour it into a enamel or Pyrex plate/pan large enough to hold the liquid. If there is enough reclaim you might actually have a nice gift left over once the ISO evaporates. Some folks actually continue to soak their stems in the same ISO until the color looks dark enough to bother reclaiming...the reclaim.

lookhigh

FC member
Make some brownies or use cake mix, just mix it in and the alcohol will evaporate when cooking in the oven. I do not see any harm in flushing down the toilet except it is a bit of a waste of good goodness.

Chose

Allo there. Yeah it was second hand off ebay (edited my first post for clarity). The listing claimed it was 18 months old.. But I don't think they've made an M102 since 2011/12?, who knows.
In any event I really wanted a ceramic version and figured at best it would be a bit chipped and have a dead battery. But nope, got a bit lucky. These things are built to last, it's pretty much as new.

If anyone in the UK/EU knows where I can find a PVHES Turbo or equivalent lemme knoes. Can't find much online over here.
You will find loads of accessories including pvhes stems at vapefiend and they are a trusted company in the uk

Top Bottom