Arizer Solo

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
haymaker, Your unit is charging and the yellow lights are lit up to level 5? It's charged up to 5, when its to 7 it's charged up. The flashing green light means its charging. When the red light by where it says heat is flashing, your unit is heating up. You can use and charge at the same time.

Someone had inquired about the directions stating you can't use and charge at the same time, they had the newer model Solo. Arizer must have used the old directions with the new units.

Enjoy your new unit.

Last edited:

Haymaker94

haymaker, Your unit is charging and the yellow lights are lit up to level 5? It's charged up to 5, when its to 7 it's charged up. The flashing green light means its charging. When the red light by where it says heat is flashing, your unit is heating up. You can use and charge at the same time.

Someone had inquired about the directions stating you can't use and charge at the same time, they had the newer model Solo. Arizer must have used the old directions with the new units.

Enjoy your new unit.

Thank you for clearing that up good sir

Haymaker94,

tdriver

When I was in central america we only had sativa and anxiety would set in. INDICA dominate strains (NORTHERN CALIFORNIA) I vape on level 3 before bed.
Sativa as high as 5 however I don't like a sativa before bed.
:2c:

do you really feel a difference in sativa - indica with the solo??

I have tried to experience the difference with other means cause I don't smoke, like edibles etc..
but I don't think I ever felt that head high - couchlock difference.

I get the occasional anxiety when I do too much, but I don't think this is it.

strains tested: aurora indica + kali mist.

tdriver,

Vdabber

Well I've fallen in love with my Solo, I can't believe how little it takes to get right where I want. I couldn't find an answer to this though, can you vape bho in cotton with the solo? :hmm:

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
do you really feel a difference in sativa - indica with the solo??
I'm not an expert in any way however I feel a difference between SATIVA and INDICAS even HYBRIDS.

I just waked & vaked to a SOLO stem (PHVES, SEAL, CHILLUM TIP) and some high quality INDICA laced with KIEF!

Very effective.

I find that different strains work well for me during different needs.

INDICA / BODY
GRANDADDY PURPLE
MILLENNIUM FALCON (can't find it again?)
LOUIS XVI
HELLS ANGLES OG
PURE OG
TAHOE OG
PLATINUM OG
ALIEN KUSH
KUSH
GODS GIFT
BUBBA KUSH

HYBRIDS / MIND & BODY
CACTUS COOLER
GIRL SCOUT COOKIES (projects)
SALMON CREEK
BIG SUR HOLY WEED
DUTCH TREAT
STRAWBERRY COUGH
NORTHERN LIGHTS
WHITE WIDOW
KRYTONITE
COGNAC (can't find it again?)
GREEN CRACK
TRAIN WRECK

SATIVA / MIND
THAI STICKS
BLUE DREAM (NAUSEA)
MAUI WOWIE
KONA BUD
PANAMA RED
COLOMBIAN GOLD
OAXACA COLAS
HAWAIIAN BACKYARD
ACAPULCO GOLD
GUATEMALAN WILD
SEEDLESS
CHRONIC

Tried way more than what I listed however these are the ones that had the most impact.

I like all of them for different reasons.

In a SOLO! ROLLED! Just taste better in a SOLO.

Water Path or DRY Stems (STOCK or PHVES)

SOLOS are medical devices in my mind!

"CANNABIS is the HOLY GRAIL"!
Well I've fallen in love with my Solo, I can't believe how little it takes to get right where I want. I couldn't find an answer to this though, can you vape bho in cotton with the solo? :hmm:

@Caligua gave me the tip about using cotton as a filter for vaporizing wax with a vaporizer.

I take a small piece of FINN's organic cotton and wrap it around a piece of SHATTER.
It works amazing. I have a few thing I use for concentrates however I finally found a simple and effective way to medicate with concentrates and the SOLO.

Last edited:

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Tha fact tha you always rock a chillum on your stem, makes me want a solo.. As chillum was my preferred combustion piece..
@KidFated The combination I like is the STOCK or PHVES with a CHILLUM tip with a seal under the cap.
They work well without my modifications however I find it more refine and enjoyable.
Like I say what I do is not necessary from a practical perspective.
I like OPULENCE.

Their are many very good portable vaporizers to choose from these days.
I have 3 SOLO's because it's easier for me and cost effective.
For me the SOLO is super simple and works with my water setups amazing.

I love rolling joints and miss it sometimes.
However I can't handle it any more.
The SOLO fills this void!

Last edited:

KidFated.

Unknown Member
Daily drivers curretly are lotus and ud and mflb for stealth. I traded my pax. Flavor is main reason i wanted solo. I get great flavor off my ud and lotus. Solo is more silent than torch with lotus. I think im only procrastinating due to wanting to do tha puffitup deal $190 for vapecase and solo.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Daily drivers curretly are lotus and ud and mflb for stealth. I traded my pax. Flavor is main reason i wanted solo. I get great flavor off my ud and lotus. Solo is more silent than torch with lotus. I think im only procrastinating due to wanting to do tha puffitup deal $190 for vapecase and solo.
I have a LOTUS and use it once a week.
The SOLO is different in that it's so easy to use.
Don't get me wrong the LOTUS is a good analog device.
For ease of use the SOLO works for me.
I use the SOLO everyday!

xhexk

I just got an M1D2 model. Is this a new model or old version? the website stated it would be M107.

xhexk,

gbetter

That's normal with the loose stems .
Try putting your 1st finger on the stem , to steady it in place
before hitting .

What's the model # , located at the bottom ?
They could be Old instruction manuals .
Just try it to see if it has Pass-thru , Charge and heat it up .

@ataxian and @samirfuzzywuzzy attaches glass chillums
for easier inhales . see their pics
I'm cheap , I use these for dry hits all the time .
They really work , they're the mp for my Omicron Lite .
http://www.vaporkings.com/e-Cigarette-tester-condoms-package-of-5-p/ecig-testers.htm

Enjoy your Solo .

Here is a direct message from Arizer regarding the tubes:

There's an objective behind the dish design and the mouthpieces; easy to draw on, smooth, not too hot vapor. There is nothing wrong with them if the glass fits loose or tight, loose fit is preferred for airflow for sure, for example if you turn it upside down the mouthpiece should fall right out.

If you prefer a more snug fit there is a trick you can try which might help make your Glass Aroma Tubes fit a bit more snugly. Try this out:

• carefully unscrew the top of the Solo
  • with your thumb carefully apply light pressure around the top of the ring
  • carefully replace the top cap and try inserting one of your Glass Aroma Tubes

OF

I tried the PA with my M1E1 and it allowed me to use and charge at the same time. I know someone commented on that, I'm chiming in too.

Thanks for another confirmation. A couple of guys have reported this, it seems the voltage window around 'real PA operation' has been removed (and with it the problematic 'flashing lights because of a bad charger' problems......). So now any voltage above about 8 charges fine? But the new Solos do not run in PA mode as they did before. You can simply use them while charging.....or maybe that should be 'instead of charging'? And now the old PA can be used for charging instead.

This is what I was after .
I want to use the bigger thicker PA cord , on the newer
versions , to Use and Charge .

As you wish, but there is no advantage electrically from a heavier cord. Within reason heat generated in thinner cables actually helps a bit since it keeps that much heat out of the Solo.

But as long as the terminal voltage at the Solo (including losses under load) is above about 8 Volts there is no change in charging rate or time. Anything more than that just runs your electric bill up and heats the Solo more on charging (neither particularly good things). The stock charger should be cheaper, smaller and every bit as effective as the PA on the new models. The extra performance (power) potential of the PA is not tapped.

There is nothing wrong with them if the glass fits loose or tight, loose fit is preferred for airflow for sure, for example if you turn it upside down the mouthpiece should fall right out.

Excellent quote (emphasis mine). This confirms what I suspected, the maker does not view loose stems as a defect in any way (in fact the opposite?), and is unlikely to 'fix this minor problem'.

We decided loose stems were not cool and came up with our own fix, we're on our own here boys and girls.......

OF

Trifectic

Anyone use the PNWT with the Solo? How is it? I like the design with the solo for a portable with water filtration that can be one handed. :brow:

Trifectic,
Reactions: OF

Dr. Soxhlet

SOLO Vaporized Cannabis is my Best Medicine

There's an objective behind the dish design and the mouthpieces; easy to draw on, smooth, not too hot vapor. There is nothing wrong with them if the glass fits loose or tight, loose fit is preferred for airflow for sure, for example if you turn it upside down the mouthpiece should fall right out.

If you prefer a more snug fit there is a trick you can try which might help make your Glass Aroma Tubes fit a bit more snugly. Try this out:

• carefully unscrew the top of the Solo
  • with your thumb carefully apply light pressure around the top of the ring
  • carefully replace the top cap and try inserting one of your Glass Aroma Tubes
There it is from the horses' own mouth. Adjusting the factory "seal". I have been using a similar method using the bottom of an old 35mm plastic film canister. This method allows the black seal to be repositioned by putting pressure on opposite edges of the seal at the same time. The film canister is rotated with gentle even pressure until the seal is seated again. I do this only when hot or warm.
Careful, not too much pressure, don't want to damage anything. A picture will give you a better idea of what I do:
filmcan.jpg

That wonderful bent stem is really the culprit here; without it few, if any of us would ever have thought there was a problem in the first place. Personally I find that with the bigger holes in the heater, the draw is sufficient and produces more vapor when the stem is snug.

Last edited:

poonman

As you wish, but there is no advantage electrically from a heavier cord. Within reason heat generated in thinner cables actually helps a bit since it keeps that much heat out of the Solo.
I thought there was added value to the thicker insulation and also
more strength/power in the PA over the reg. charger . Plus I feel safer when using the PA 5+ hours , the cord and box barely gets warmer than when it's not used .

I'll just have to take your word on the extra electric costs .
You're the expert on that tech stuff , but good to know .
I thought , I was ' killing 2 birds with 1 stone ' .
This was going to save me the additional step of charging afterwards .

And the last Main reason I prefer to use the PA over the reg
charger . The Extra Length in the PA cord for convenience .

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Ok , I'll admit it .
Sometimes it takes a few tries before I grasp it .

So I ' Can Not ' use the old PA with the newer Pass-thru units
to charge and use . But only the reg charger will work , including my old charger that I have , I'm guessing .

But I can still use the PA as a bypass to portable battery power .
Got it ...I hope .

I use coffee cups to store my ABV , then dump out .
I've also included the Omi-tip and my broken/chipped Gong .
Ouch !

hs40zRt.jpg

9UPDSd4.jpg
I have an excuse!
What is your excuse?

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
@ataxian I forgot to check my water temp yesterday for you, candy thermometer is reading it at 130f at max and I don't usually introduce hot water to "cold glass" right away. So around there, probably 100-130 range is my preferred water temp.

Quetzalcoatl,
Reactions: poonman
Top Bottom