Arizer Solo

Gray Area

Yea it's a pvhes gong that i've used quite a bit so its kinda dirty now but I figured that would cause the bowl to smell and any sort of bag it was in. I'm getting comments that when vaping in the basement it can be smelled in the kitchen and far bedroom. Something that never happened when smoking.

A typical session with vape is two gong stems at 7 through bubbler within the 12 minute timer. Usually around 6 clouds each stem. A typical session with combustion is 3-4 single hit bowls through a larger bong with a bowl much dirtier than my solo stem. With combustion there is only the 3-4 smoke clouds vs the 12 vapor clouds. That's the only thing I can think of. I was actually really surprised it's more noticeable because I DID read about that guy vaping right beside his GF... mine says it's definitely noticeable, I don't get it... maybe i'll try setting 5 with normal dry stem and see what response that gets.

She's imagining it... or making it up/winding you up... ;)

I can use my solo in the passenger seat of our car with the wife driving and she can't smell anything. Not so with a joint.

A tiny glass spoon pipe of weed/Qwiso yesterday in the garage had my eldest (11 yrs) coming through asking if I was smoking a "real" cigarette instead of my "electronic" one. I could vape all day without comment.

I'm not saying there is no smell, just a lot less and it's less invasive.
Heating to 6/7 with just a stem can give off a herb cooking smell I guess (this is the only time I can smell my unit) but you could always cap the stem during heat up...

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
I can make my sessions really smelly or not much at all. Exhaled vapor, temperature, how long you hold it in, strain terpene profiles, etc. all play a role.

For keeping smell down exhale through a sploof. Smoke buddy is the commercial product but one can be made with some tubing and an appropriate filter.

peterpiper

(peter-ex-piper)
OK let me see here, JUST A SCREEN?

I go now and try this.
Thanks for the pointer!
Yes just
OK let me see here, JUST A SCREEN?

I go now and try this.
Thanks for the pointer!
Yes just a screen. I trim mine so they just sit just right. Dont have to push in no dome just a flat screen.
Before i had to scape bottom of heater with saftey pin to clean. Now just pull out screen with pin. Heat if dirty put back in. Heating bowl never gets dirty now.

peterpiper,
Reactions: Loo Entis

Dr. Soxhlet

SOLO Vaporized Cannabis is my Best Medicine
She's imagining it... or making it up/winding you up... ;)

I can use my solo in the passenger seat of our car with the wife driving and she can't smell anything. Not so with a joint.

A tiny glass spoon pipe of weed/Qwiso yesterday in the garage had my eldest (11 yrs) coming through asking if I was smoking a "real" cigarette instead of my "electronic" one. I could vape all day without comment.

I'm not saying there is no smell, just a lot less and it's less invasive.
Heating to 6/7 with just a stem can give off a herb cooking smell I guess (this is the only time I can smell my unit) but you could always cap the stem during heat up...

I have to agree. I sit on the couch right next to my wife and she usually puts up with it without comment. A joint would never have even been allowed in the house. I remember a vaporizer study that found that it would take 30 or so vaporizers going to equal the particulate matter that one joint puts out. Plus vapor is not smoke and hence has fewer toxic properties.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Yes just

Yes just a screen. I trim mine so they just sit just right. Dont have to push in no dome just a flat screen.
Before i had to scape bottom of heater with saftey pin to clean. Now just pull out screen with pin. Heat if dirty put back in. Heating bowl never gets dirty now.

I got about 500 1/2" Stainless Steel Screen for less than $10 on ebay that I use without cutting.
All my stuff is cleaned so much my screens stay clean in the process.
The HASH or FULL MELT works amazing with your Method.

You with your HASH ideal and @Caligula and his FINN'S cotton technique (SHATTER) are making the SOLO even better!

FLOWERS DRY 3 WET 4
CONCENTRATES WET 5
NICE!

Last edited:

Haymaker94

So after doing a little research on this topic I wanted to get some opinions and advice. I have been looking for ways to kind of mask the smell of my bud with other herbs in the solo. I've come across suggestions like putting peppermint with your bud to help cover the smell. Now that's all good and dandy, but I want to be able to experience the full taste of my bud without the peppermint taste. So my questions are:

Can I just throw some pepper mint in the potpourri dish and leave it on the vape after I finish my session with similar results?

What herbs do you guys use or recommend?

Can I just purchase these herbs at my local health food store?

Haymaker94,
Reactions: Sativape

Sativape

So after doing a little research on this topic I wanted to get some opinions and advice. I have been looking for ways to kind of mask the smell of my bud with other herbs in the solo. I've come across suggestions like putting peppermint with your bud to help cover the smell. Now that's all good and dandy, but I want to be able to experience the full taste of my bud without the peppermint taste. So my questions are:

Can I just throw some pepper mint in the potpourri dish and leave it on the vape after I finish my session with similar results?

What herbs do you guys use or recommend?

Can I just purchase these herbs at my local health food store?

Not too sure about adding other herbs too the bowl other than MJ.

But you have other options:

Homemade sploof (new thread):

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/t...pe-smell-eliminator-sploof.12908/#post-551418

Smoke buddy.

Gas mask filter.

Ozium.

The thought menthol MJ... too each his own though.

Sativape,

mmenzie

My friends call me "Menz"
Mind if you put up a pic showing the cup, I have a general idea of how you built it, just wanna see. Also where did you purchase your PV stealth stem?
sorry i was so late with this. here are some pics of my current cup. it is old and needs to be re-made but if you look at it you get the gist of it. super stealthy... never had anyone look twice at me
jjzWLI0.jpg

KS5skjt.jpg

foJF41A.jpg

UlzpONN.jpg

Vape 4 Life

Fun, Joy, Happiness & Progress. Cannabis.
I'm considering buying a Solo but use small/micro loads. I would estimate that 1/4 of the filling capacity in the solo stems would be used for my needs.

How does the Solo perform with micro loads?

I would add a few glass daisies/flowers or beads first then add my micro load to the stem.

Thoughts?

I'm on standby for the release of the Grasshoper & miVape, but the Solo sounds like an excellent vape to have in your collection.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
I'm considering buying a Solo but use small/micro loads. I would estimate that 1/4 of the filling capacity in the solo stems would be used for my needs.

I would add a few glass daisies/flowers or beads first then add my micro load to the stem.

Thoughts?

I'm on standby for the release of the Grasshoper & miVape, but the Solo sounds like an excellent vape to have in your collection.
I just load each stem full and enjoy the medication.

Now that's not to say when my time is limited I reduce the bowl size by adding a GLASS DAISEY or DISC.

Be Creative!

OF

Just to offer another perspective ,
I've never followed that recharging routine

I would like to think that the Li-on battery companies are also
aware of this ' Common Knowledge ' of the quirk on the re-charge
that they have rectified it . idk if it can be done tho .

I'll probably be doing the same thing with the new pass-thru
versions too . It's just more User Friendly than to stop-watch my
charging procedures ...Everyday ! All that for a few extra charges
and battery life ...

Your call, of course, but not all I think are willing to sacrifice battery life without considering the down side, and the benefits can be HUGE. Several times the number of cycles before the battery needs replacement. Several times. Or, looked at the other way, years more use before replacement?

I think it's a good bet that makers know all about this, they not only hire Engineers who know this good stuff, but they too have computers with search engines. Lots of money is spent trying to get more life from batteries, the electric car market alone would make you rich beyond your wildest dreams if you could make a breakthrough.......and yet, no breakthroughs????

There is a fix, of course, to automatically shift the levels down (like I informally recommend). I've quoted the information on 'military charging' of these very same batteries, pointing out that the military (who tends to consider stuff pretty well IMO) will pay extra for reducted voltage charging specifically to get away from replacements in the field (not a trivial deal......). Let me repeat that, they pay extra, and accept less use between charges because they understand the value of not replacing batteries as often. We can do that, or not, as we wish.

The sad reality is, I think, that this decision is market based (a good thing) one based on incomplete information (a bad thing). We 'demand' longer battery life per charge, and the convenience of 'using while I'm charging' (even though that isn't really real.....) and so on, encouraging makers to build them like cell phones (which use the same IMO flawed battery system) and look forward to selling us new batteries or replacements all the sooner. Not really a tough call for them......

In the end I think each owner should decide if the extra effort is worth the price. For some, changing the battery is nearly trivial (like me, for instance, as I have made battery packs and put them in). Others may well lack the skill or confidence to open theirs up and simply want to use it as long as possible. For others the availability (or cost) of replacements makes it all but impossible. I just think it should be an informed decision.

"The customer is always right".......well at least if you want his money?

Regards to all.

OF

Quetzalcoatl

Thoughts?

It works well, I've been doing small loads in my Solo and it's been effectively vaporizing it.

What I do for micro loads is put what I want to vape in, then sit a screen on top of it and press it down so that the flower is sandwiched, then just vape as normal. You can also use a domed screen to reduce the stem size. Glass spacers should work as well.

poonman

Thoughts?

You'll want the herbs to be closer to the heat source , I would think . You can insert a dome screen backwards to take up space
or order the Shorty stems from PV . They hold less weed in the stem bowls .Or maybe insert the glass screens in the stems first , then herbs .

tdriver

just a thought....

how many 12 minute cycles are needed to finish a full bowl without a single draw?
(just letting the air go through, like with the Potpourri Dish but with a stem/full-bowl instead)

I know it's really a stupid question, and a waste of herb..... but maybe someone tried it.

tdriver,

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
just a thought....

how many 12 minute cycles are needed to finish a full bowl without a single draw?
(just letting the air go through, like with the Potpourri Dish but with a stem/full-bowl instead)

I know it's really a stupid question, and a waste of herb..... but maybe someone tried it.
Would be my bet that you'd drain your batteries completely prior to extracting all goodies from decent product. The Solo is mostly convection, so rising heat bringing air with it... maybe passing through a packed stem barely.....

I propose a test. Try it with as many 12 minute sessions as you can stand, then follow up with a regular session (same stem, same material) and see how many goodies you can extract when compared to not doing the Idle sessions first. That will give you a somewhat-rough idea of the Solo's Auto-Extraction capability...

Quetzalcoatl

just a thought....

>just letting the air go through

The problem with the Solo is that it's not a forced-air vaporizer, it relies on you drawing on it to pull the heat to the herb. There's some amount of conduction vaporization going on (the glass stem heats the flower it touches) so if you want to finish the stem load without ever drawing through it you'll have to rely on the conduction vaping to do the work.

TommydCat

I often find myself pushing the load down just a bit below the rim of the stem to keep the oven from touching the load itself.. I ensure there's a bit of air gap there and it seems to have really evened out the ABV.

That said, if the load is touching the bottom of the oven, I think the load will be 'consumed' by a no-pull cycle much faster than if there was a slight gap left. In the first case, conduction would eventually cook the whole load, while I'm thinking the latter would take many many more cycles because of that air gap (but eventually the conduction through the glass would roast, but at a lower temperature).

Doing the slight gap method, I did my first successful sesh at level TWO!
Light vapor, but very very flavorful, and I must have got about 2-3x the number of pulls I usually do at level four..

Quetzalcoatl

I've become really partial to power level 2 recently. Fine grind, heat soak to 3, drop to 2, and start with my sesh. The taste is phenomenal and once the vapor production tapers off I can just bump it up to 3 and get more, then 5-6 through water.

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
Rock on! How's this for stealth? :ninja:

Next to Stem for size reference. But yes, there's a Solo in there, Gong packed and ready to rock! Seen next pic for Gong peeking out.... ;)
WsxLZQq.jpg

Pic with Gong out... my favorite configuration, as at any time I can pop on the green cap for full stealth mode and a very decent amount of smell control (not that the Solo needs it)...
OEfUhQk.jpg

Internally:
hJgCSme.jpg

And one with Stem...
PntrsBN.jpg

mmenzie

My friends call me "Menz"
The Wizard's Hat has just been tipped in honor of these two photos! Simply Brilliant!!!!

thank you. the door idea i know i got somewhere else in this thread but do not recall where but i can assure you its in the early pages. the inside of the cup was just an idea i had cause i wanted to make it stable and not flop around in the cup, especially when i am hitting the buttons through the door (i do not remove the solo from the cup to turn it on/off, or make temp adjustments). what you dont see in the pic is that there is a smaller round foam circle in the bottom of the cup as well holding the solo. so thare are 2 foam rings surrounding the solo to hold it in place.

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
thank you. the door idea i know i got somewhere else in this thread but do not recall where but i can assure you its in the early pages. the inside of the cup was just an idea i had cause i wanted to make it stable and not flop around in the cup, especially when i am hitting the buttons through the door (i do not remove the solo from the cup to turn it on/off, or make temp adjustments). what you dont see in the pic is that there is a smaller round foam circle in the bottom of the cup as well holding the solo. so thare are 2 foam rings surrounding the solo to hold it in place.
Very nice indeed! :tup:

I went the opposite route on trying to find a smaller cup to avoid the Solo bouncing around. (only because I found the cup completely by accident.)

My biggest requirement was finding a lid with the hole dead center!!! :bang:

DDave,

Unnotrafitto

the solo has arrived, and i used it right out the box (mistake?) i i loaded half a stem and didn't press the weed, i only have made like 3-4 puffs and then it stopped producing vapor, is something wrong w/ that?
now it has been chargin for an hour and the green light is blinking and the led displays 7 lights, it shouldn't take 4 hours to completely charge (when i stopped the session it was at 3) is my unit defective or am i doing something wrong? when it fully charges i'll give it another shot w/ more material and i'll see, any tips( other than, grind and pull slowly?) thnx

Unnotrafitto,
Top Bottom