Arizer Solo

vape4life

Banned for life
McNerdius that looks awesome! So you would then endorse buying the $30 one over the newer one with better airflow? I guess the solo is the bottleneck? Wonder how much vapor would condense because of the cold glycerin? And how those things would be to clean?

McNerdius said:
[h]Flatland or CDS: Can we see the bowl without the top cap on ? [/h]

Hitting my solo just got cooler ! Cluffy posted a link in chat a while back, to 7th floor's new Saturn vapor tamer. Had to have it, but also ordered the older, now $30, model. I've been using it with my solo since i got it. The size/drag advantage the Saturn has over the small one is really wasted on the solo, so yeah, i keep the big boy stashed in the back of the freezer for special occasion... Anyhow, time for pic number one:

http://img706.imageshack.us/img706/3294/solotamer.png

The glass on glass is quite snug. Keep in mind condensation can build up. Pulling the stem from the tamer will give a shotgun-like effect, but it's also cool to be able to pull the solo off the stem. Either way is great, really.

pic number two:

http://img710.imageshack.us/img710/8663/lessghettoeclipse.png

I call it the "less ghetto eclipse." Mind you i haven't actually tried it like this, stems arent dirty enough, but i will point out the obvious: BE CAREFUL. I don't know how hot the stems get when using the ghetto eclipse method, but you should be fine if they don't get obnoxiously hot. Someone with more experience with the vapor tamers would know what kind of heat they can take.

All in all, even considering the silly looks of the combination due to the tamer being bigger than the solo, IMO it is a wonderful combination given it's simplicity.

vape4life,

Lefthook

VapoMiner
Just checked on the progress of my warrenty SS replacement to find that its being held at customs with a charge of around 28 or 40ish USD as Arizer did not write that it was a warrenty replacement.
Not too happy about this !!!! from my point of view i should not be expected to pay but Arizer say that they do not decide this and that all parcels will have some customs charges. is this true????

Lefthook,

smokum

I am who I am and your approval isn't needed!
You 'should' be able to get that charge waived with a simple letter from from Arizer stating that it is in fact a warranty replacement and your original bill of sale showing your initial purchase. At least, this is how we can skirt the fee's here in Canada.

** This is in regard of taxes/import fee's.... not for brokerage fee's which are unavoidable.

smokum,

WatTyler

Revolting Peasant
^ should be the same here in the UK, as long as you can prove it was a replacement.

Although you won't get back that 8 Royal Mail 'handling charge'. That charge really gets under my skin. Money for nothing, and a legalised monopoly with no alternative or opt out. Half the time that charge is more than the tax and duty payable. It should be criminal.

But Arizer should've declared it was a warranty replacement to avoid this IMO.

WatTyler,

Lefthook

VapoMiner
ok so, spoke to some one in parcel force who had the package and Arizer did clearly mark it as a warrenty replacement so it's uk customs that have messed it up. Should be able to get all the money back and also parcel force out of good will will give back the handling fee. Good news all round apart from the fact i have to wait till monday to see my sweet SS Solo. cheers for the replies as always.

Lefthook,

WatTyler

Revolting Peasant
Lefthook said:
... also parcel force out of good will will give back the handling fee......
:o I didn't think that they had any concept of good will. Well done! You must have spoken to them nicer than I have in the past (I'm always griping about that fee- probably makes them dig their heels in :lol:)

WatTyler,

McNerdius

god of nerds
mephisto said:
Thanks to Mcnerdius,
Just wanted to make sure the credit got to the right vaper!. Follow
his link to the photos of the 7th floor cooler setup. I got the idea
from him. Nice work!

I do what i can :cool:

For real though, this vape and this thread on FC have got my creative juices flowing like nothin' else. Not saying much because im still not very creative lol... Point is though... I don't think im the only one who notices and appreciates the flexibility this little guy brings to the table. Sure, some of the newer MZ/RZ whatever u wanna call it are just as small... But with the solo we add in portability, as well as the glass stem which will inevitably have a 14mm GonG, whether from Arizer or otherwise. The ghetto-eclipse method is unique to the solo, and while the coffee/cappuccino extract certainly isnt exclusive to the solo, i have a feeling it just works better with the solo - Glass + Quick Buildup and all...

I love this cute little shit. :razz:

McNerdius,

McNerdius

god of nerds
vape4life said:
McNerdius that looks awesome! So you would then endorse buying the $30 one over the newer one with better airflow? I guess the solo is the bottleneck? Wonder how much vapor would condense because of the cold glycerin? And how those things would be to clean?

Yeah, if you're only going to use it with the solo, i'd stick with the $30 model. Even with the SS model i'd imagine the bottleneck would still be the Solo... After all the big ones are made for the SSV/LSV. Plus this model is smaller and lighter too so it just kinda 'fits' better... not in a physical way but you know what i mean... i think ? :tup:

[the glass "tube" that runs thru it is about 1/4" ID for reference]

I'd imagine there would be quite a bit of condensation, TBH. I debated getting the clear one vs the blue one for this reason, but i decided blue because this is a 'luxury' item i didnt plan on using all the time... I use it whenever i can, though, so... kinda borked that one lol. As far as cleaning goes, i soak mine. The only issue there is the length [~8 inches] plus the twists in the glass tubing require a tall container, and/or that the tamer be flipped, so as to 'get to' all of the inniards. I use it for Dragon, so as i'm using everclear, i just toss it in there [its just deep enough to cover all but the top GonG connection, slurp it like a straw to ensure the entire inniards will be soaked. Can't recommend that for an ISO soak though obviously. :D

OTOH, you could just use it as a straw for your Cannamilk or Cannaccino. ;) Yeah just kidding that would be a Bad Thing.

McNerdius,

arf777

No longer dogless
Been watching the whole flaking controversy, sounds like they're taking care of it. Bit the bullet and ordered. Coming through my Amazon Prime account, so it should get here Wednesday-ish. I keep telling myself no more vapes until the Cloud, but I keep getting them anyway - have both Arizer solo and a new RockZap en route. Running out of room in my signature ;).

arf777,

Sinclue

OK disagree with me, I can't force you to be right
ROCKWISE ROCKS!

My replacement SS arrived today before noon. I sent him a note about chipping on Monday. He said he'd send out a replacement which he did on Wednesday. Arrived from Ontario Canada about 48 hours later in the SF Bay area. Absolutely f**king amazing service.

Included a charger and the new four hole tubes...one of them straight. Snug fit.

Charged it up and ran two cycles @7. Recharging now.

Oh boy!

:peace:

Sinclue,

McNerdius

god of nerds
Quick idea for those wanting GonG:

As can be seen in this pic [repost sorry it's quite relevant tho]

solotamer.png

The solo stem fits perfectly into a male 18mm GonG joint. It may as well be GonG. One could cut down a straight stem down just long enough to slip an adapter on, carefully, if they were inclined.

Couple that with something like one of the following:

alt_5-12-11-727.jpg

[edit: SHIT ! After realizing my idiocy and looking into 18MM, aqualabtech doesn't have as 'handy' stuff for 18mm as for 14mm... it's still worth a look, but it might take more macgyvering than id hoped. Anyone else know another site for such GonG devices ? I'm not the biggest glass fella out there fo sho...]

And whaddaya got ? Probably the most 'professional' solution available right now for GonGing ur solo.

Thanks to cluffy and wafflesvape for the ideas/links... I'm just connecting dots here is all im doin.

The Parts Are Sold Here

McNerdius,

McNerdius

god of nerds
u bwade wunner said:
mcnerdius So the tamer is def 14mm?

I am officially a RETARD.

This should have been TOTALLY obvious, too... It's a 7th floor product after all... It's 18mm :[ :doh: I was just doing stupid math based on the fact that the OD of the solo stem is ~11mm or so... Ok now im gonna go back and fix a few posts !!!

THANK YOU FOR CALLING ME OUT ON THAT !!!!!

Boy do i feel like a total dipshit !

McNerdius,

McNerdius

god of nerds
I just got done chatting with Stu. He has checked his solo stems against two 18mm male adapters [arizer elbow and 420armory]. The arizer elbow was too small for the stem, and the 420armory one was too large. :(

I'd suggest if people are going to try utilizing this GonG hack, to communicate in here where they're buying from and what product, so as to help others know which products are and are not usable for this purpose. Wouldn't be good for 3 people to buy from, say, aqualabs, and none of them fit right.

McNerdius,

Vaped Ape

MMJ Therapist specializing in gynecology~wannabe
chucku said:
How do you think microwaving the gunked stems prior to immersion would work? Would have to remove the screens first.

And if you are a coffee snob (I am), 7-11 won't cut it. Their coffee is swill. This process may also require the higher fat content of whole milk or half and half.

You need fat to absorb the THC resins. Real butter will work or add in some cream or 100% milk. The best part about this is you can make it on the way to work and right under the nose of the store clerk, drop the stem in. Then when you get to work you can retrieve the stem and walk right thru security with the steaming cup. Everyone will remark how good it smells and how they wish they had one!!

Da Ape

Vaped Ape,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
By the way, McNerdius, that other 18mm male piece I used was from 420armory. Also, that ashcatcher thing we discussed....well I thought about it more and you'd be sucking in water even if the levels were really low... so I take back my initial response that it was doable. It's really not.

Stu,

McNerdius

god of nerds
Stu said:
By the way, McNerdius, that other 18mm male piece I used was from 420armory. Also, that ashcatcher thing we discussed....well I thought about it more and you'd be sucking in water even if the levels were really low... so I take back my initial response that it was doable. It's really not.

Yeah it's a damn shame something SO CLOSE to being perfect exists...

I'll be saving "that other thing" for another day, and searching for similar such things... Perhaps if i find a better version of it i will post it here, but i'll skip it for now till a source of known/confirmed-compatible 18mm adapters is available.

McNerdius,

McNerdius

god of nerds
u bwade wunner said:
Voila
Ive just done it picture to follow

here are the pics of the first gong adapter for the solo

Glass edges need buffing but the two parts are a tight fight no air leaks and no playbetween pieces

off to play!

TOTALLY FUCKING AWESOME to see this shit put together the *same god damn day* i posted the idea lol !!!!! Exciting !!! Who would have thought we would have done this before Arizer, and in such a manner ? hehhehehehe !!!! Now if only i had the parts needed to do this dammit !!! Methinks i'll need to place an order when i get my next check...

:rockon: :razz: :leaf: :razz: :rockon:

Anyone who hasnt visited this thread in the last 24 hours is in for a treat i tell ya...

McNerdius,

arf777

No longer dogless
McNerdius said:
Quick idea for those wanting GonG:

As can be seen in this pic [repost sorry it's quite relevant tho]

http://img706.imageshack.us/img706/3294/solotamer.png

The solo stem fits perfectly into a male 18mm GonG joint. It may as well be GonG. One could cut down a straight stem down just long enough to slip an adapter on, carefully, if they were inclined.

Couple that with something like one of the following:

http://aqualabtechnologies.com/medi...6f020e43594a9c230972d/a/l/alt_5-12-11-727.jpg

[edit: SHIT ! After realizing my idiocy and looking into 18MM, aqualabtech doesn't have as 'handy' stuff for 18mm as for 14mm... it's still worth a look, but it might take more macgyvering than id hoped. Anyone else know another site for such GonG devices ? I'm not the biggest glass fella out there fo sho...]

And whaddaya got ? Probably the most 'professional' solution available right now for GonGing ur solo.

Thanks to cluffy and wafflesvape for the ideas/links... I'm just connecting dots here is all im doin.

The Parts Are Sold Here

That is seriously cool - I already own one of those LSV glycerine dinguses (dingi?), its just been sitting in my freezer, since I don't really use my LSV. I'll try that as soon as my Solo gets here - UPS says I'll have it Wednesday.

I haven't seen male-to-male adapters on any website other than ALT, and I have looked before. RXIndustries has male to females, as does Kulture (with the carbon filter). But if there's a shop in your area, you may be able to get what you need custom made, and for less than you'd expect. I'm in the Baltimore - DC area, and I've had half a dozen custom adapters made by a number of local glass blowers, have never paid more than $15. But we have a lot of glass artists here. I know there're a comparable number of glass workers in Seattle and in parts of North Carolina. Don't know about other areas though.

arf777,

vape4health

My SS replacement is in the mail, Arizer was really fast with everything, perfect way to handle the flaking problem. I have to say the more I use it the more I'm loving it, heats up quick and easy to stash/hide it. The box is still my ultra stealth vape but the solo is my home and camping unit now. For being that small Im happy with the battery but a swappable battery would be nice upgrade.

Does anyone have and use the Arizer AC adapter yet?

vape4health,

McNerdius

god of nerds
u bwade wunner said:
Rock on McNerdius youre idea mate!

Technically an inadvertent, simultaneous, coincidental brainshart resulting from a link cluffy posted, which gave me a partial epiphany which was then later made whole by WafflesVape. The majority of the work/thinking was done by those fellas... i just connected the dots and posted it here is all.

Edit: Oh and your idea of cutting/inverting the arizer 18mm part ? That just... it's well.. its just BETTER !!! Makes the whole thing more compact and as close to the "real" part as can be had right now. It's effin beautiful !

:nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod:

McNerdius,
Top Bottom