Arizer Solo

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
They've been pumping M1A's for quite a while now.
My experience having two different ones is this:

The M107 from 1.5 years ago very reliable = work horse
The M1D from .5 years ago lost it's charge sooner and was a bit on the weak side?

So some of the members suggested that I switch batteries between the 2 units.
I did and once I switched the batteries the M1D was the work horse and the M107 became weak!
This made me research batteries.
The next thing I did was order a battery pack 7.4V 2200maH and replace the original batteries that came with the M1D that were now in the M107.
What did the change do?
All of the sudden my M107 was 33% better than originally?
My M1D was working well now so I'll leave it alone for now.
The M107 is my daily driver again.
Plug in units suck!
My SOLO's heat up way faster!
I love them both!
Running both at the same time is Ideal = While vaping one SOLO with medicine I heat up the glass stem on the other unit and load it up when it reaches 3.
As a result I get back to back sessions smooth as silk!

ataxian,

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Not according to the E-Nano thread.... apparently it kicks ass and heats up in 2 minutes! You lose the cordless that you have with the Solo, but the airflow is better.
Really?
Thanks for the information!
My SOLO with the battery up grade take about 1 minute to reach vapor!

ataxian,

vape4life

Banned for life
Not a problem, I just found out about it an hour ago and am quite giddy to be honest lol

Same price pretty much too!

vape4life,

Red Indy

Low carbon PSYCHONAUT
This question got asked a while back by another member. This was what I posted in reply to him, but I think it answers you just as well.

I wonder why Arizer is so secretive about information like this.
When I asked them about the list CentiZen made, just before I purchased my M107, (which now is dead and gone) Kevin (from Arizer helpdesk) replied me quite resolute that there was a lot of "disinformation" going around about the Solo and that the serial numbers where only just for their own adminstrative purposes and said nothing about updates or user issues.

But since your list is categorized so neatly and you seem to be someone who knows what he is talking about, it might just be that Arizer is protecting their own commercial interest by not giving it all away.

Another thing I noticed:
Seems there is a difference I noticed in heat-up time when using the power adapter compared to the battery. When using the power adapter the red light is blinking much less. Also when on just #4 the vape is thicker and more tasty, might be that this is quite subjective so I was wondering if there is anybody out there who uses the Solo with the power adapter and noticed the difference.

Red Indy,

lillgud

First of all I have to say that Im so impressed by the Solo! I have tried many different vaporizers and the Solo is by far the best one!

One question though. Which "third party" stem do you guys recommend?

lillgud,

Red Indy

Low carbon PSYCHONAUT
First of all I have to say that Im so impressed by the Solo! I have tried many different vaporizers and the Solo is by far the best one!

One question though. Which "third party" stem do you guys recommend?

Have a look at these, they seem to be quite popular

:2c: So, imagine how many "shit" vaporizers are out there, those things that rather fry your load or only vape by chance.....all those people getting ripped-off investing in incapacitated crap!

Red Indy,

lillgud

Have a look at these, they seem to be quite popular

:2c: So, imagine how many "shit" vaporizers are out there, those things that rather fry your load or only vape by chance.....all those people getting ripped-off investing in incapacitated crap!
I have decided that I want glass stems. So Im looking at http://www.planetvape.ca/pvhes-high-efficiency-stems.html. Anyone care to tell which one to choice?
Aah.. just realised that they are all out of stock.

lillgud,

Curiousone

^^Geez, planet vapes stems sell out so fast!! Guess they are really awesome. I decided to wait for Ed's stems as the wood would serve me better as my portable option...I really want a bog oak to match my black solo.

I have had mine for two days now and I truly don't want to combust...I allowed my friend to try--he has been a combuster for a bit longer than I (over 15 years), and he was not impressed. Ah well, more for me, I love this thing!

Curiousone,
Reactions: Ed's TnT

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
I have decided that I want glass stems. So Im looking at http://www.planetvape.ca/pvhes-high-efficiency-stems.html. Anyone care to tell which one to choice?
Aah.. just realised that they are all out of stock.
I have two Straight stems that work great plus they fit in the TRAVEL TUBE.
I keep my stems in their Travel Tubes for protection.
Very much worth their protection.
Since I have the Travel Tubes I haven't broke a stem.
Before It was a common occurrence to break stems. (2 per month)
I use a screen in mine and they stay cleaner longer.
Easy to clean with ISO Alcohol 93% from CVS Pharmacy.

Even to California I got mine from www.Planevape.ca.com real fast.

ataxian,

Curiousone

^^ Travel tubes are a good mention...problem they are out of stock too. Actually, a week or so ago, PV added more stems in stock, but no tubes. And I've checked back many times despite a CS rep emailing me saying they should have some in a few weeks, not yet.

The hobby stores also sell plastic tubes for crafts, beads, etc. I am planning to run to Hobby Lobby and see if any fit y straight stem. Another option that might work is cigar tubes. (These are ideas I have thought up for use until I get my stem from Ed)

Curiousone,

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
^^Geez, planet vapes stems sell out so fast!! Guess they are really awesome. I decided to wait for Ed's stems as the wood would serve me better as my portable option...I really want a bog oak to match my black solo.

I have had mine for two days now and I truly don't want to combust...I allowed my friend to try--he has been a combuster for a bit longer than I (over 15 years), and he was not impressed. Ah well, more for me, I love this thing!
I have a wooden stem and if you are not picky about taste get one.
Personally I prefer glass the taste is more pure to my liking.
Like I said if taste is not important go ahead.
TRAVEL TUBES with STOCK SOLO STRAIGHT STEMS work great.
I like the ideal of the long straight turbo tube with a screen (pvhes).

Don't worry about "stoners" that still burn joints.
Vaporizing is the proper way to use cannabis.
We are medicating not getting stoned!

Cigar tubes are a good ideal!

ataxian,

vape4life

Banned for life
I wonder why Arizer is so secretive about information like this.
When I asked them about the list CentiZen made, just before I purchased my M107, (which now is dead and gone) Kevin (from Arizer helpdesk) replied me quite resolute that there was a lot of "disinformation" going around about the Solo and that the serial numbers where only just for their own adminstrative purposes and said nothing about updates or user issues.

I can understand Kevin as i've had some emails back and forth as well as warranty/customer service stuff. He is right for the most part absolutely 100%... i've been here since day1 of Solo release and having many of the serials, there is WAY too much emphasis on the serial numbers and it's gotten out of hand. This maybe mattered up to M106/M107 but now honestly if I buy a Solo, I will be happy with any serial number that's fairly recent M1 serials.

They are like any other manufacturer constantly trying to tweak and improve, make the product bettter, cheaper, etc. They just don't have the forum presence here like say VXL, to let us know what some of this little updates are, and I bet we don't even know 1/2 of them.

vape4life,

BeEazy

So I Finally got my hand on some hash oil and decide to give it a try with the solo with little to no result... :bang:

I tried cotton ball covered with oil, and cotton/oil/cotton(tear drop amount) both method produce thick clouds but didn't medicate me as much as a stem full of herbs. :mad:

I start off on 3 and bump it up to 5 that when the clouds start to thicken.

Any tips? Thanks

BeEazy,

vape4life

Banned for life
Well if you are getting thick vapour from the hash oil but not getting as medicated as flowers I would assume your hash oil isn't very good? Or maybe jack temp up to MAX and see what happens.

What else could it be if you are getting good vapour production? Personally, hashes do nothing more for me than flowers.

vape4life,

smokum

I am who I am and your approval isn't needed!
I agree, jack the heat.... but I found the same with oils in the solo (no diff in medicating). However, I found a difference in effect laying a finger pressed kief puck between 2 layers of bud for some reason, not to mention that 'hashy' taste I got from it :shrug:

smokum,

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
So I Finally got my hand on some hash oil and decide to give it a try with the solo with little to no result... :bang:

Any tips? Thanks

I'm a tool guy.
So for my logic I have SOLO's for Flowers and PERSEI's for Concentrates (www.deltaninevapes.com)
While vaping flowers in a solo I take a few rips with my PERSEI (WAX or OIL).
My SOLO's are wonderful for KIEF (1:4 ratio Kief:flowers).

ataxian,
Reactions: vorrange

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Thermovape for concentrates on my end. But same logic otherwise.
I started out with a Magic Launch Box then on to the SOLO.
The guy at the smoke shop sold me on the PERSEI that had just been released.
Since I have learned a lot about batteries, voltage, ohms and maH.
The TERMOVAPE is a nice unit as well.
My gear is DELTA NINE Based so it is easier to stay with this format.
The same with the SOLO.
For me the focus needs to be on the proper medicine once you find your method of medication.

ataxian,
Top Bottom