Arizer Solo

thesoloman

Has anyone tried using a dremel tool like this to clean their bowl ? (or a different one ?)

http://www.dremel.com/en-ca/Accessories/Pages/ProductDetail.aspx?pid=536

r19807v15.jpg
i had the dremal out the other day drillin some glass and saw that attachment and thought the same thing, i guess great minds think alike..

thesoloman,

smokum

I am who I am and your approval isn't needed!
I'll have to pick one up to try next time I'm in the city........ I'm a fusspot with my stems, but tend to neglect the bowl portion of my Solo's (which I shouldn't because I usually drop oil or hash in the mix that tend to mess things up), and I've let it go too long and now have a 'cake' in the bottom.

smokum,

GoGreen

Hi everyone! First post here, vaping since last year with a Volcano and got a Solo this month cos I wanted nice vapor clouds outside the home!

I bought my Solo after reading this thread, and continue to come back every day for weeks reading the new stuff so decided to join. There are so many helpful and clued up people on here - the battery stuff is reassuring to know, as is the warranty (Arizer seem like a very good company).

I haven't had my Solo long, but I love it, solid as a rock, and just works. I find it so efficient but due to the bowl size I need to keep refilling it every cycle (just through normal use, I tend to use higher temps when outdoors to get what i need quicker).

Fine in some situations, but awkward in others so for a party at the weekend I tried the kief thing - it lasts forever in my Volcano. I have a 4 hole stem with a screen by the holes - I usually put 0.1g in a stem so I packed a stem with a short layer of flowers by the screen (about 0.02), then kief in the middle (0.05), then a slightly larger layer of flowers (0.03), and put this in. I got a few clouds but less than normal, after an hour of playing about with temps, wiggling the stem, waiting for it to heat for a bit, and letting other people draw no one could get much off it.

When I pulled out the stem I saw the half nearest the screen was still green, and do wonder if I packed it too much, or if adding an extra screen at the top would make any difference since the stuff at the top was vaped. Has anyone tried a coil of wire in the stem? Would that get bigger clouds at lower temp and mean kief could vape better? Or is it just airflow maybe. It didn't seem blocked when drawing on the stem.

Anyway, I know the kief is good, and the Solo can do it so it has to be my technique!

GoGreen,

GoGreen

@Smokum - You reminded me I need to get a cotton bud with Iso on it to the bowl of my Solo as its just started to become a little discoloured. Would that work for your bowl do you think?

GoGreen,

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Hi everyone! First post here, vaping since last year with a Volcano and got a Solo this month cos I wanted nice vapor clouds outside the home!

I bought my Solo after reading this thread, and continue to come back every day for weeks reading the new stuff so decided to join. There are so many helpful and clued up people on here - the battery stuff is reassuring to know, as is the warranty (Arizer seem like a very good company).

I haven't had my Solo long, but I love it, solid as a rock, and just works. I find it so efficient but due to the bowl size I need to keep refilling it every cycle (just through normal use, I tend to use higher temps when outdoors to get what i need quicker).

Fine in some situations, but awkward in others so for a party at the weekend I tried the kief thing - it lasts forever in my Volcano. I have a 4 hole stem with a screen by the holes - I usually put 0.1g in a stem so I packed a stem with a short layer of flowers by the screen (about 0.02), then kief in the middle (0.05), then a slightly larger layer of flowers (0.03), and put this in. I got a few clouds but less than normal, after an hour of playing about with temps, wiggling the stem, waiting for it to heat for a bit, and letting other people draw no one could get much off it.

When I pulled out the stem I saw the half nearest the screen was still green, and do wonder if I packed it too much, or if adding an extra screen at the top would make any difference since the stuff at the top was vaped. Has anyone tried a coil of wire in the stem? Would that get bigger clouds at lower temp and mean kief could vape better? Or is it just airflow maybe. It didn't seem blocked when drawing on the stem.

Anyway, I know the kief is good, and the Solo can do it so it has to be my technique!
I take 4 grams of Flowers to 1 gram of KIEF and grind it in a Space Case and fill a pneumatic Glass Jar.
This is my SOLO medicine. I use the stock straight glass tubes with 4 holes covered with a 1/2" screen.
My medicine is well mixed and I use level 3 sometimes 4.

The SOLO is so efficient I use it as my main driver!
https://www.planetvape.ca/travel-tube.html
I use the travel tubes for my straight tubes.
Planet Vape has all the cool stuff.
I haven't broke a stem since I got the travel tubes.
The caps for the stems is a great ideal.
Load 2 stems cap and travel.
Having a 1/4oz glass jar of your meds in your pocket looks weird.

BeEazy

take a look at page 450

AWC

Yeah man, when i vape keif in my solo, i keep it to just keif, i dont layer it or anything

HTML:
http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/arizer-solo.3833/page-450#post-332125

Heres the link to the post on page 450

I had some for the Pro Bowl last night, set the temp to two and it just kept going and going and going

Let me know how it goes next time

smokum

@Smokum - You reminded me I need to get a cotton bud with Iso on it to the bowl of my Solo as its just started to become a little discoloured. Would that work for your bowl do you think?

Unfortunately not for my case... I let it go way too long without cleaning and there is a cake layer that I can't even cotton swab saturated with ISO and let sit in the bowl upside down then attempt picking at it with a dental pick.

I sure will be doing more maintenance in that area after getting it clean again, yet it never really bothered me until lately when it started tasting kind of 'off'.

Live & Learn they say ;)

smokum,

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
Smokum, let us know how you got it cleaned so in case one of us lets it go that bad we have a way to do it. Maybe that dremel idea will work.

Dreamerr,
Reactions: smokum

vape4life

Banned for life
Unfortunately not for my case... I let it go way too long without cleaning and there is a cake layer that I can't even cotton swab saturated with ISO and let sit in the bowl upside down then attempt picking at it with a dental pick.

I sure will be doing more maintenance in that area after getting it clean again, yet it never really bothered me until lately when it started tasting kind of 'off'.

Live & Learn they say ;)

Damn, the Solo bowl requires the least amount of maintenance out of any vape i've owned! lol Those glass stems on the other hand...

vape4life,

smokum

Lets just say........ it's been over a year of mixing kief/concentrates/bud without ever cleaning nor double screening, so....

smokum,

GoGreen

@BeEazy & AWC - Thanks! I will try just kief next time, and report back!

@ataxian - Those tubes look cool and a weed/kief premix would be good for efficiency/space when traveling.

timmahsan

treEnt
Does anyone have a good recommendation on some lower end of the range water pipes that work well with the Solo?

Thank you very much.

timmahsan,

timmahsan

treEnt
http://www.pipesdaddy.com/product-p/vp-0022.htm It's a small hand size bub, but works well with a solo + gong stem (18mm) or use a reducer for 14mm, or you can use the adapter it comes with and run a bit of tubing to your solo, or get creative in other ways...

Here are a couple of recent vids I made of it in action...

Nice! What would be a good adapter if I didn't want to go the tubing route?

timmahsan,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
Planetvape.ca has the gong (PVHES) stem so you can use your solo directly on the bub. I find it to be the most compact and functional way to use the solo on the bubs.

jambandphan03,
Reactions: SSVUN~YAH

mmenzie

My friends call me "Menz"
since the downstem is 18mm... for your Solo you would just need a 18mm to 14mm reducer (i bought one at a LHS for $10.00) and then you could use your stock stem in the bubbler. if not... you would need to buy a 18mm GonG from like PV to do it. FWIW.... i use the stock stem and reducer in my ZOB bubbler all the time and it works great!!! i milk the can every time!!!

jambandphan03

in flavor country
that little $40 bub will not compare to the FC bub, by any means. If you are limited on funds, and think you should hold off, then I guess that is a choice you will have to make. I do not know how soon the FC bub will be available.

jambandphan03,
Reactions: smokum

vorrange

Vapor.wise
Jambandphan03,

Last minute panic--Do you think it'd be wise to hold out for the FC Bubbler?

Take this as you like but i suggest you talk directly to PV for a estimate and then multiply it by double the time. If it is not worth the wait, get something nice in the meantime. Maybe a beaker with a good diffused stem.

My experience with waiting times and expected deadlines is starting to make me become increasingly skeptical and unwilling to wait if i really want something now.

vorrange,

timmahsan

treEnt
I decided on the 40 dollar bub and PV 18mm GonG adapter. Super excited. Does it have the PHEV design?

Edit: Doh! I just realized they do and they are OOS! :( I'll try and cancel and re-order it.

timmahsan,
Reactions: vorrange

HSIHP

FWIW timmahsan, I have the regular PVGong and I'm really enjoying it. I believe it was mentioned in the thread earlier that some people were not as happy with the PVHEGonG because the airflow was a bit TOO good. :2c:

Top Bottom