Arizer Solo

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
My buddy just got an email from paypal. Looks like good news.

Your request to send an eCheck payment to vaporizerforweed@gmail.com from your bank account failed because your recipient is currently unable to accept funds to their PayPal account.
Please contact your recipient directly to complete this transaction.

We reversed the original deposit and recorded this action in your PayPal History transaction logs.

Thanks,

PayPal
:peace:

Stu,

glaze83

I actually contacted Arizer and sourced a batch of units and questioned them about the concerns on warranty coverage mentioned here. What I was told was that if a customer has a defective unit I would have to send that back and a new replacement unit would come back in my next order. So it would really depend on the business practices of the company selling their products as to warranty issues.

I also spoke to one of their sales rep and questioned him about the ebay sellers and warranties and he said Arizer could contact the seller and tell them to raise their price or have their products' warranty revoked.

Who really knows right?

Oh yah, I also cracked open the unit and the battery pack is ridiculously easy to replace. It's just two 3.7v lithium ion batteries wrapped in insulation connected to the unit via a push in connector. With any soldering skills you can replace it with batteries of equal Mah (eg. 2800) or even go up higher and have better battery life. Batteries would cost you $20 max I'd say. In a few days I"m going to test the amperage drawn from the batteries (have to wire up the multimeter in circuit to do this) to determine the 9v power adapter needed to run the unit.

glaze83,
glaze83 said:
Oh yah, I also cracked open the unit and the battery pack is ridiculously easy to replace. It's just two 3.7v lithium ion batteries wrapped in insulation connected to the unit via a push in connector. With any soldering skills you can replace it with batteries of equal Mah (eg. 2800) or even go up higher and have better battery life. Batteries would cost you $20 max I'd say. In a few days I"m going to test the amperage drawn from the batteries (have to wire up the multimeter in circuit to do this) to determine the 9v power adapter needed to run the unit.

Really? The battery is the only thing which made me not buy the arizer solo, yet. They said it could only be replaced by them 95 dollars+shipping sounds expensive for someone from europe when their company is in canada.

Edit: Maybe someone can make a how to change the battery yourself video guide?

Kickgame311,

WatTyler

Revolting Peasant
Yeah, thanks for that info glaze83. Seems they want a good profit margin on battery replacements too

I like the idea of modding it with a more powerful battery next time! Any idea how much larger capacity these sized batteries go to? Battery life was always going to be such a key factor with this vape that I'm surprised they haven't gone with the biggest available at that size. Or are there unforeseen downsides to doing this?

WatTyler,
Yeah, I'd love for someone with knowledge of batteries to chime in. Did Arizer go cutting edge and put in the best batteries for the space limitations, or are they cheapies? I'd love a stronger, modded battery. The Solo can't begin to keep up with my consumption alone, let alone if I'm with friends.

charliedontsurf,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Good to hear that the battery seems so easy to replace. I have a 4000MaH laying around here which could be a nice upgrade, but I don't want to void my warranty just yet.

Please keep us posted glaze83!

Sorry to read about the problems with vaporizerforweed.net, but it sounds like they're at least trying to make it right. I guess Arizer is doing something about retailers who sell below the recommended price, or would their paypal problems have another source?

I recieved another email from Vaposhop today thanfully, it was even in dutch this time. Apparantly the lady I talked to yesterday made a mistake but they seem to be doing their best to find a solution now.

Also good news for other Vaposhop customers: they expect to have spare glass stems in stock within a week or so.

OhTheAgony,

obelisk

Idiot (no relation to the Savants)
charliedontsurf said:
The Solo can't begin to keep up with my consumption alone, let alone if I'm with friends.

While I agree the battery limitation is a huge limitation with this vape, I am fairly sure there is something wrong with either your battery or the way you use it.

I have a feeling your battery perhaps is one with a lower capacity than stock, or what is supposed to be stock, anyway. I say this because you do seem to be running your Solo to the point where the battery indicator goes all the way down. But having to charge 6 times a day obviously means that time taken to charge the battery is nowhere close to 4 hours. This could either be you not letting the battery charge long enough to be fully charged, or that you do in fact wait until the indicator goes solid green, but because the capacity of the battery is low, you are able to charge it faster, and also deplete the charge quicker.

The numbers you present just do not compute and perhaps looking into this matter (figure out if you are in fact letting it charge fully, if you are, I'd contact Arizer and ask them to see if something is up with your battery) may improve your experience with this vape. :peace:

(it is also possible that your experience is normal and it is the 4 hour charge time that is incorrect. for some reason, i think that is less likely, though definitely possible)

obelisk,
I think not respectfully. I'm not running it down to the point of dying, which is bad for long term battery life. I'm getting roughly one bowl per level of life (2-7), with the last dot of life being good for 2-5 bowls, which is consistent with what others seem to be reporting. And a solid green light indicates a full battery, a point I'm aware of, so that's not the issue. People are welcome to post their average number of bowls per charge again, it would be useful.

charliedontsurf,

aesthyrian

Blaaaaah
glaze83 said:

Good news! Thanks for doing that, if no one had done it by the time I bought one I was going to have to do it. Now by any chance do you know how much just the replacement battery cost or is the $20 figure just an estimate? I know rockwise has said arizer would replace it for $95, but if we just want the batt and will do the labor ourselves I wonder how much less it will cost?

aesthyrian,

FLskwat

VAPOLITICS!
Everything seems clear and realistic about CDS's figures:

I have the same settings with herbal material: in a 12 mn sessions I will go from 2 to 7 and kill any load (from nothing to full bowl). If I have the same pattern all day... I will get 7 bowls till the battery reaches level 2... Then I will recharge (BTW to me recharging process at that point is nearer to 2:30h then 4h). I could probably get 4 more bowls with the remaining battery life but don't want/need to drain it (yes once at home I prefer using my home units in general).

If we do the comparison with a full day of hash vaping: I will do 5 bowls between 4 and 7 (again no matter the load it will be done at the end of the 12 mn time) till reaching the same battery level 2. Could probably do 2 more before draining it.

Hope that helps! ;)

FLskwat,

vape4life

Banned for life
Mine is practically always in the charger! I use it, and plug it back in, etc. so I always keep it topped up. I'm not as paranoid about battery longevity as some of you guys so I don't pay super careful attention to it. If I drain it all the way so be it, not a big deal to me. I have never once had a problem with batteries for my cell phones, laptops, etc and I just keep em charged up alot but use them alot too.

Broke my first aroma tube! &#$^&@^!!! I have done this a million times with Extreme elbows when I clean them I wrap in a tea towel..and then ofcourse vaped forget and smash on to the hardwoods they go. This time, oddly and thankfully, I had both tubes in the tea towel, and then grabbed it and both fell to the hardwoods, but only ONE broke! So time to stock up on a few...is rockwise the only one that sells them right now?

Also confirmed over the last few days that grinded herb does work better than whole nugs. Nugs DO work, just I don't think the vapour density and quantity is as good as finely ground. Nugs give ok to good vapour, but ground gives clouds.

Unit is starting to show a bit of wear, just odd scratches, all my own fault..but continues to impress in every regard. Don't miss the EQ at all!

RE: BATTERY

So is it basically plug in/out OR solder?? or both?

vape4life,

obelisk

Idiot (no relation to the Savants)
Well, if I am at home, I put it back to charge after every 2-3 bowls. So in a way I, too, charge it XX number of times a day, but that is really meaningless. What matters is if there is consistency in

a) how long it takes to deplete charge (there is not, because this is subjective to usage patterns)
b) how long it takes to charge a depleted battery* (should not be subjective to usage patterns as long as the unit is being placed for re-charge at the manufacturer's recommended level, which is when the battery indicator is at 1, or a few bowls after that)

* by depleted battery I mean charging it when it comes down to battery indicator 1, at least. Typically, like Charlie says, it is possible to get more bowls than 1 at that level.

FLskwat: you are charging at level 2. that is probably 2-4 bowls before I and, from the sounds of it, Charlie charge. So your 2:30 hour charge time will be below the time it takes to charge from battery indicator level 1 and below. Though, your charge time is very useful to know, so thank you for posting. I think, from your charge time, it is probably okay to assume that the 4 hour charge time may be an over estimation. Strange though that they would do that but exaggerate run-time.

If one is getting 1 bowl per level of life, plus 2-5 bowls at the last level, that is anywhere between 8-11 bowls per charge. If FLskwat is reporting 2.5 hrs of charge time from level 2, if this is an average indicator of charge time (why should it not be), one could assume about 3 hours of charge time if one is truly waiting for level 1 plus 2-3 bowls at that level before recharging (?).

If so, at six charges a day, that is 18 hours for charging purely. Are you really spending 18 hours a day charging? That is what I find 'off'. (And, perhaps, this is exactly what you are trying to convey as a disadvantage to the vape!)

It is definitely possible though: assuming all of the other time is spent vaping, that is a full battery charge used up in an hour. About 8 bowls an hour at least. a bowl every 7.5 minutes, at the minimum. This pace is assuming one is vaping all day with the Solo only (well, the 6 hours that remain outside the 18 hours required for charging anyway). This level of tolerance is definitely not unreasonable, nor necessarily uncommon, ime, and I am often at nearabouts this level myself and have been at higher levels of tolerance when I was younger, but

a) I think while the pace of a bowl every 5 minutes is common & reasonable, I find the logistics around it in this situation a little unreasonable, but that could just be my issue i guess (maybe I am just over-thinking the whole thing-- something I do often!)
b) I think this extent of usage should be explicitly stated because it does affect one's impression of the vape's usefulness :2c:

I will say, however, that when on the go and not around an outlet, I do finish off my battery fairly quickly and end up resorting to joints. So I am definitely not trying to say that the stock battery supports heavy usage in a convenient way.

Anyway, hope my posts are not annoying! Just trying to get some folks involved and figure out (for those who are considering buying this vape) what the battery issues are, how applicable they may be from user to user and what they can expect from the battery from a usage perspective.

Edited:

vape4life said:
Also confirmed over the last few days that grinded herb does work better than whole nugs. Nugs DO work, just I don't think the vapour density and quantity is as good as finely ground. Nugs give ok to good vapour, but ground gives clouds.

Thanks for that piece of information. I usually use solid nugs since that is more convenient, esp when moving around with it.

Is the above true for some of the other users too?? Being able to use solid nugs is one thing I really love about the Solo and the HA as well. I don't think I ever experienced ground bud giving more vapor than nugs in the HA, but I could be mistaken (not sure if I ever paid attention).

And yeah, I definitely think it is a good idea to have 2-4 extra stems lying around! Sorry that one of your's broke!

obelisk,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
I get around 12 12 minute cycles out of my battery, so the same as others. That's usually enough to last me a day unless I'm sharing, but more is always better in this case. Not sure how long it takes to charge because I always put it on charge before I go to bed.

Vape4life: GreatVape also sells the tubes for a buck less then Rockwise.

In my experience a bowl is spend quicker with grounded weed btw, and the vapor less dense, funny. Do you pack your bowls tight when you grind your weed?

OhTheAgony,

FLskwat

VAPOLITICS!
About grinded vs. nug... If the nug is "big" (by that I mean fills completely the bowl...I do find tht if you don't twist it at all during the session, you will have the internal parts of the nug (if you break it) much less cooked then the exposed surfaces... So it seems fairly logical that the even cooking of grinded weed is equal to more vapor production...
To balance this, I must say if the nug is tiny or medium...it will get cooked evenly, AND the good flavors will stay longer...The neutral vapor will come later! So each method seems to have its pros & cons (as damn everything in life LoL)!

FLskwat,

WatTyler

Revolting Peasant
:ko: hahahhehehoho at last mine arrived a couple of hours ago. I'm very satisfied, and it's smaller than I was expecting. I love the vapor from this thing- I don't think any of my other portables can compare. This definitely has a strong role in my arsenal. I've flown through the half charge that it came with and have tried 2 bowls of whole buds, and 2 of ground buds. Not enough to contribute any valuable experiences, except to say I'm feeling pretty damn pleased with my initial findings in each case. Both my stems are loose, but I've been able to hold it in place at the elbow easily enough with the finger of the hand holding the unit. I don't think it's going to be an issue, although it would perhaps be nicer if they did snap snugly into place.

Battery charging is gonna suck though, I can tell that already. I want that fucker charged now so I can carry on my testing. I wish it was modular, like an electric drill type affair. At 2 bars now, so maybe only a couple more hours....

WatTyler,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Just before the weekend aye? Nice :D

That's exactly how I hold mine btw, works ok even with a bong.

Even though I think the battery is doing a adequate job for a 1st model, I'd definitely vote for an easy to change battery, preferably one that charges outside of the unit with a spare one to boot in the box for V2.

Happy testing ;)

OhTheAgony,
vape4life said:
Broke my first aroma tube! &#$^&@^!!! I have done this a million times with Extreme elbows when I clean them I wrap in a tea towel..and then ofcourse vaped forget and smash on to the hardwoods they go. This time, oddly and thankfully, I had both tubes in the tea towel, and then grabbed it and both fell to the hardwoods, but only ONE broke! So time to stock up on a few...is rockwise the only one that sells them right now?

No rockwise isn't the only one supplying these. http://greatvape.com/items/accessories/arizer-solo-tube-so601-detail.htm I ended up with 2 broken stems (from my dog as well as a friend, i didn't break either lol) and pulled the trigger on this website as the owner posted on here a few pages ago. Please keep in mind that anything you buy from rockwise website even if its 1 stem you will have to pay 30$ shipping! I do understand that its in Canada but that seems a little pricey, especially since we found the "solo" case for 15$ with free US shipping (25.00+30 shipped @ rockwise.net) and not only is shipping 6$ on that link above but their also underselling the stem for 8.95 compared to rockwise's 10.00. I don't know about you but Id much rather prefer 15$/stem compared to 40$.......

JoeFinny,

darkrom

Great Scott!
glaze83 said:

So what options are out there? Are there any concerns to worry about besides voiding the warranty? I wonder things like would the temperature and battery charge indicators still be accurate with a stronger battery? Or will 4 become the new 7 type thing?

darkrom,

vape4health

I got a Solo from eBay seller allstarwhlsales for $270 with free overnight shipping, I asked about the one year Arizer warranty and the eBay seller said they will fix or replace the Solo for one year. I paid around lunch time Monday and had it lunch time the next day.

vape4health,

glaze83

The indicator will be the same -- its the average voltage across all batteries that indicates the charge

glaze83,

max

Out to lunch
vape4health said:
I asked about the one year Arizer warranty
Arizer's warranty is two years, and you could have gotten the same price from Rockwise or Greatvape, both authorized distributors.

max,

vape4life

Banned for life
Just bought some replacement stems, all fit loose like my original 2... loose is the way they are supposed to be.

vape4life,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
max said:
vape4health said:
I asked about the one year Arizer warranty
Arizer's warranty is two years, and you could have gotten the same price from Rockwise or Greatvape, both authorized distributors.
Max,
Do you know if puffitup is also authorized? I'm pretty sure that they'll take care of me, but it would be nice to know if they were on the official list.

Stu,
I'd wager my pinky Puffitup would take care of you personally even if they weren't. You'd be given a new Solo with a smile and a handshake, that's just Randy and how he seems to do business. :2c:

charliedontsurf,
Top Bottom