Arizer Solo

vape4life

Banned for life
Are those the same ones Rockwise sells? It doesn't advertise the heat/foil compartment which I definitely wanna have. If so, nice find man!!!

WatTyler said:
Well I'm still waiting for the delivery of my Solo. Been waiting in ambush for my postman the last few days, but then saw Dutch post TNT tracking which says they only put it on a plane the day before yesterday, so hopefully it will be here today.

On other matters, for those that have been looking for the case for the Solo- the best place seems to be VaporGenie. Rockwise wants really silly money for it (such overpricing tarnishes a retailer in my mind- it won't be the first place I look in future). Ryot themselves charge $18 + $5 shipping in the US (still waiting for international shipping quote). Vapor Genie on the other hand will sell you one for $15, with free shipping in the USA. International shipping for me was only $5 (first class intn'l). I think it's going to be hard to beat that price.

https://www.vaporgenie.com/Pouches.html

vape4life,

WatTyler

Revolting Peasant
vape4life said:
Are those the same ones Rockwise sells? It doesn't advertise the heat/foil compartment which I definitely wanna have. If so, nice find man!!!
That's a good question. It's the same picture as the 'Piper' case on Rockwise and Ryot websites, and Ryot only seem to do one model of the Piper case. I'm assuming that the "high tech freshness pod"="high tech heat resistant freshness pocket"="heat resistant side pouch for the storage of hot tubes" , but who knows.....

There's no mention of foil that I saw, although maybe there was in this thread somewhere. I did notice that the little pouch that comes with the Ryot 'Headcase' seems to be lined with foil type stuff in the latest model on Ryot webpage, instead of the rubbery material that lines my one. Which makes me wonder if they now line all of their pockets with this new foil material, and the pictures are outdated maybe?

WatTyler,

obelisk

Idiot (no relation to the Savants)
OhTheAgony said:
Vaposhop still hasn't answered the email I send 'm last monday and the matter became a bit more urgent last night, I better give 'm a call today.

I broke my good stem yesterday :(

I'd just filled a fresh bowl, got up to get me a drink & tripping over my cat I knocked the Solo off the coffeetable. The stem broke clean off just above the bowl leaving the bowl stuck in my Solo. I could only get it out by breaking it apart in to little pieces. Luckely the stem is still in good enough shape to reclaim the resin build up :p

I'm now using the stem that's to big, the only way I can use it is with the top-cap off the Solo. But I noticed it has a small crack on the side where you put in your mouth (or downstem) so I'm not sure how long it'll last. I need spares, many spares! And they don't seem to be availeble here yet :o

I can however report that the air is a bit more restricted with this stem, compared to the one I worked on a bit. It also looks like the vapor is slightly denser but it may be the way I packed that bowl last night so I will need to do a little more testing to be sure :brow:

Agony, that is too bad man. Hopefully someone will come up with a less breakable stem for this. I like the glass stem, don't get me wrong, but would probably prefer to use a polypro or something stem, SS for the bowl, when on the move. One could use one of those MFLB battery tip rubber covers for the SS bowl, or similar type of protective cap, and just stash it in a pocket.

I have not really tried my second stem yet (as in, not smoked a bowl out of it yet), but I did check it for fit and it seemed to fit alright. Perhaps I should vape outta it to see if all is good. Hope you are able to get yourself some stems soon, man!

obelisk,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Thanks man. I don't blame the glass though, it was my own dumb fault. I think I'd still prefer the feel of glass over something like a PD stem, but I've never used one of those so I can't say for sure.

I talked to someone from Vaposhop and they don't have any extra stems they can send me but they'll talk to their distributor and will get back to me later today, keeping my fingers crossed!

WatTyler: I like the looks of that pouch. Would you mind doing a little review of it when it arrives, preferably with some photo's of the Solo & stems in it so we can see how well (or bad) it fits?

OhTheAgony,

vape4life

Banned for life
Ohtheagony:

I will always be holding the ehle and bring the solo up to it. So what youre saying is the straight neck would be better for this purpose? Just wanna make sure before I buy the 250ml that I get the right one. Guess it's not a huge deal. I figure the 100ml is just too tiny.

vape4life,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Hmmm, how am I going to explain this...

I find it a bit easier to use a bong with the Solo if I hold it with the joint facing about 1 or 2 o'clock. This way I don't have to bend my arms in funny angles and I can see what I'm doing better & also keep an eye on how much vapor goes in to the bong at the same time. If you do that with a bend neck the mouthpiece faces you at a funny angle. That is the reason I think a bend neck could be a slight disatvantage, but again, it just depends on how you would use it & hold it.\

Hope that clarifies it :)

OhTheAgony,

August West

NYC Vape.....IMO the solo is way better than the Iolite. Iolite is good for super stealth but with a little effort solo can be stealthy too. Solo gives better hits on less product and you can adjust the temperature to your liking.

Sorry to hear about the stem problems some are having. I accidentaly dropped my stem and it LUCKILY just bounced off the concrete I was standing on. WHEW! I was amazed that it didn't break...must have hit just right.

August West,

obelisk

charliedontsurf said:
I've had to charge and use my battery 6 times in a single day.

I am pretty sure you are not letting the battery go down all the way. Estimated time to full charge is about 4 hours, iirc (?). I am not sure if this is consistently accurate, neither do I know from what level of discharge is this time to full-charge was estimated/measured.

But having to recharge 6 times in a day is excessive, regardless, I would say. And also unlikely, if waiting for the battery to discharge to a low-enough-but-safe level before attempting to recharge. 6 full-charges at the manufacturer's stated spec itself would be 24 hours! Something is definitely off there (could very well be the manu's spec..) :2c:

obelisk,

darkrom

Great Scott!
NYC Vape said:
I have been offered to try an iolite but, two people I knew had them that didn't work. A friend has since tried a working Iolite and did like it. Any comparisons of the Solo to the Iolite?

I'm still looking for a really good portable unit, but not a compromise on effectiveness.

I owned a working iolite for a long while. Even if you ignore reliability issues with the iolite, it doesn't hold a candle to the solo in any way. I can't see a single person who would choose the iolite over the solo for any reason honestly.

darkrom,

max

Out to lunch
darkrom said:
I owned a working iolite for a long while. Even if you ignore reliability issues with the iolite, it doesn't hold a candle to the solo in any way. I can't see a single person who would choose the iolite over the solo for any reason honestly.
So you're saying the Solo's better for stealth vaping? I think not. You're completely ignoring the fact that these two models don't have the same design goals, and therefore comparing them head to head makes little sense. I'm going to copy part of a post I made today in another thread, which points out that some portables are so different in design from one another, that it doesn't make much sense to come down to either or between the two.

"If portable + dense hits are the priorities, the iolite obviously doesn't contend. It's designed primarily as a walk around pocket vape, and stealth and ease of use are primary. A bigger hitting portable like the Supreme or Solo is going to suffer in those areas since bigger hits is the priority vs. stealth. Portables have to be compared based on their design goals and some are apples and oranges. I can't see narrowing down my portable choices to the Supreme and the iolite. They have very different pluses and minuses. The Solo vs. the wispr is a more fair comparison, since they're apparently closer to each other, hit wise. But the Solo has variable temp and the wispr is easier to carry around and has better stealth, so the buyer's priorities still come into play."

max,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Not so happy with Vaposhop anymore :(

Got a short email from them this afternoon saying they don't have any replacement stems (I knew that already) and that they send word to their suplier but that they really don't know when an answer will come.

That's it.

It just sounds a little unproffesional to me. First of all it's a dutch company, but there is only a English speaking person there to answer the telephone or email (which is probably why my email wasn't answered as I wrote it in dutch). And now they make it my problem that they can't get in touch with their suplier. I thought my business was with Vaposhop and not some 3th person. Is it unreasonable to aks them to open a box of one of the Solo's they have in stock, take out one of the glass stems and send it to me to replace the stem that doesn't fit and has a crack in it, and replace that one whenever they finally do get in touch with thier suplier so they can sell it as a complete set again?

Oh well, perhaps I should just be a patient and wait if they hear from their suplier in the morning, but I just expected a little more service I guess.

/rant

OhTheAgony,

aesthyrian

Blaaaaah
obelisk said:
charliedontsurf said:

I am pretty sure you are not letting the battery go down all the way. Estimated time to full charge is about 4 hours, iirc (?). I am not sure if this is consistently accurate, neither do I know from what level of discharge is this time to full-charge was estimated/measured.

But having to recharge 6 times in a day is excessive, regardless, I would say. And also unlikely, if waiting for the battery to discharge to a low-enough-but-safe level before attempting to recharge. 6 full-charges at the manufacturer's stated spec itself would be 24 hours! Something is definitely off there (could very well be the manu's spec..) :2c:

From what I have gathered by reading this thread is that it is bad to let the battery fully die since it is a Lithium Ion battery. So it's better that he doesn't run the battery all the way down. And what is "off" is most likely the false claim of a 4 hr battery life, what company doesn't lie about their battery life? I always expect less than stated unfortunately. :/

aesthyrian,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
My fried had ordered a solo from vaporizerforweed before they took them off of their site. Here is an email that he just received from them:

Hello, (name removed)

Unfortunately our paypal account has been placed in lock down due to the
sell of vaporizers on our site. We can not refund you or cancel your
pending echeck. You will have to take care of this on your end. Please
cancel your payment before it clears as we will not be able to refund you
for 180 days. We have contacted paypal and they have told us that this has
to be done on your side. please excuse us of this inconvenience and act
PROMPTLY to avoid any issues.

Sincerely, Jenny

So it looks like paypal has locked down their funds so they can't even issue refunds. My friend tried to dispute the transaction by opening up a dispute in paypal, but paypal says the transaction can't be disputed because it hasn't been completed. :|

I don't mean to derail the thread, but this is bullshit.

/rant (I like that, Agony!)

Stu,

obelisk

aesthyrian said:
obelisk said:
charliedontsurf said:

From what I have gathered by reading this thread is that it is bad to let the battery fully die since it is a Lithium Ion battery. So it's better that he doesn't run the battery all the way down. And what is "off" is most likely the false claim of a 4 hr battery life, what company doesn't lie about their battery life? I always expect less than stated unfortunately. :/

The 4 hour battery charge time I am referring to is time taken (as per Rockwise, iirc) to fully charge the battery, it does not refer to the battery's run time per charge. A company may misrepresent their run time by exaggerating, to exaggerate charge time is perhaps not in the company's best interest.

I've never really noticed how long my battery takes to fully charge since I am usually yanking it off before it fully charges when at home. And I leave it for a full charge only overnight (I wonder if that is damaging to the battery -- leaving it on charge even after it has fully charged). If the charge time is indeed less than two hours, that would be awesome!

obelisk,

dorkus_molorkus

Stu,

if your friend has funded his PP acc with his credit card, he can call his cc provider & they can help with reversing the transaction I think.

Ok,then who has ordered from vaporizerforweed and has successfully RECIEVED theirs?
also, when did you order & when did you recieve it?

Who has ordered theirs & has recieved the ''sad story'' email? when did you order & how long till the sad story email arriving?

we might be able to pin down some info ourselves just by cross referencing amongst ourselves.

I placed my order on the 30 july, I have not had the sad story email yet, and its a bit early to expect deliveery yet. I have emailed them and asked for the status of my order, will let you know how I go.

I got a feeling this is going to be a major PITA

dorkus_molorkus,

obelisk

dorkus_molorkus said:
Stu,

if your friend has funded his PP acc with his credit card, he can call his cc provider & they can help with reversing the transaction I think.

Ok,then who has ordered from vaporizerforweed and has successfully RECIEVED theirs?
also, when did you order & when did you recieve it?

Who has ordered theirs & has recieved the ''sad story'' email? when did you order & how long till the sad story email arriving?

we might be able to pin down some info ourselves just by cross referencing amongst ourselves.

I placed my order on the 30 july, I have not had the sad story email yet, and its a bit early to expect deliveery yet. I have emailed them and asked for the status of my order, will let you know how I go.

I got a feeling this is going to be a major PITA

I received mine from them. I thought they were top-notch, frankly. I ordered on a Thursday, and I received it the next Thursday (though, USPS or whatever it was had it in my local post office for at least a day and change prior, never figured that out). If you want to know specific dates, you can find out from within the thread itself.

I had a huge issue once with Mendo Mulchers or whatever the name is too because of Paypal. I paid the guy already but he was not sending it out and would not respond to e-mail. At that time, I thought it was the Mendo guy fucking up, so I said fuck this and got out of it. Found out later it was not really his fault, per se (though he could've been more communicative of that). Paypal took issue with his account because they objected to him selling paraphernalia. Similar to this situation. Except, that dude never communicated with me at all, except quite after the fact, in spite of me trying really really hard to reach him. :2c:

That said, I'd be mighty pissed off myself if I paid for something and it didn't turn up, reasons be damned. :peace:

obelisk,

dorkus_molorkus

I have recieved a reply, my solo is on its way & have been provided with a tracking number. :)

ordered 30july-shipped 2nd aug.

dorkus_molorkus,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
I ordered mine about 3 weeks ago and it came in less than 48 hours. That's why I felt so comfortable recommending that site to my buddy. Now I feel like a schmuck.

I'll pass along the info to my friend about contacting his credit card company to see if they can run some intereference as well. Thanks for the tip on that, Dorkus.

:peace:

Stu,

Empherio

Arbiter of the Arbitrary
I ordered from vaporizerforweed on a Wednesday and received it on Monday, which I considered fast as hell and used as a basis to praise the site on this very thread. The warranty issue does not really suprise me, given the EQ on ebay situation and all, but it is disappointing. Still, the Solo is the best vape I've ever tried and I was pleased to get it for $80 under MSRP, even if I am rolling the dice.

It sucks much for the poor souls like Stu's pal, but I have no regrets personally.

Empherio,

psyshaman

Vapor Viking
Strange I can still see and order the solo from vaporizerforweed.net

I checked as soon as I read the first post stating they has taken it off, it was still there and let me add it to the cart

I must say I'm fairly confident they are a decent store and will try help out where needed. Very fast to reply to my emails, shame that the whole Arizer policy debate still overshadows the purchase.

But bring on the clouds baby a new vaporizer is to me like junk is to a junkie!! :peace:

psyshaman,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
psyshaman said:
Strange I can still see and order the solo from vaporizerforweed.net

I checked as soon as I read the first post stating they has taken it off, it was still there and let me add it to the cart

I must say I'm fairly confident they are a decent store and will try help out where needed. Very fast to reply to my emails, shame that the whole Arizer policy debate still overshadows the purchase.

But bring on the clouds baby a new vaporizer is to me like junk is to a junkie!! :peace:

I don't think that you were adding anything to your shopping cart on their site. If you look at the site, they just show two links to different websites that have Solos on sale. Back when I ordered from them, I purchased it directly from their site.

Stu,

max

Out to lunch
Stu said:
they just show two links to different websites that have Solos on sale.
But the top link, with the $225 price, takes you to http://vaporizersale.org/ , which is another storefront for the same outfit. The one year warranty medallion is a giveaway. Same for the link with the $247 price - http://arizersolovaporizer.org/ . Both sites link back to vapesforweed. Same PayPal entity. I'm not saying you won't get what you pay for, but this company seems to be playing games.

max,
ordered from there before finding the puffitup deal :(

Regardless, some called me today and asked me to reiterate what color I want and that it went out today so we'll see. . .

biojuggernaut,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
I have a lot of friends that seem to look to me for guidance with vaporizer (and pot in general) purchases. I have probably bought 8 EQs, 15 MFLBs and 4 PDs for friends that ask me to help them with purchases. After this experience, I will only be recommending (and buying) solos from a reputable seller (Kevin at Rockwise or Randy at Puffitup will be my only referrals now).

:peace:

Stu,
I contacted vaporizerforweed.net about the warranty issue and possibly a return, and was told:

"We will happily guarantee your unit because we believe in Arizer's fantastic build quality. If you ever need anything contact us for a RMA number and we will promptly email you back with unstructions on how to capitalize on your warranty. 99% of the time we just ship you out a new unit from our warehouse..."

Reassuring on one hand, but how long as this company been around?

charliedontsurf,
Top Bottom