Arizer Solo

Willeh

Vaping a solid nugget works great! I hadn't actually given it a try; I always at least finger crumbled the nugget, but after some people here claiming that it worked so well I had to give it a go. It's very comparable in hit size to if you had just broken it up with your fingers, but a fine powder still does hit better. Stu's tip of turning the nug makes everything work out great. After turning the nug, it was very dense so I broke it in half and stuffed the two pieces in, it all came out very well done, and the vapor to air ratio wasn't too bad. It also seems to perserve the flavor in the bowl for a bit longer. However, I still will use a grinder/screen when I'm not out and about, saves the trouble of turning the nug and does yield slightly bigger hits. But when I'm out it is nice that I don't need to carry a grinder with the solo. It's also nice to not get particulates in your mouth without using screens.

Willeh,

smokum

I am who I am and your approval isn't needed!
Lately I've been hung up using pressed pucks of herb & bho broken up and vaped in the Solo. I'm really enjoying the flavour and obviously the hits of it starting out at heat setting 4 and working up to 7 before both the load AND me are "spent" :D

vape4life

Banned for life
After much use my Solo (all silver) is starting to show some wear. The bottom is kinda scratched/marked up somewhat but nothing crazy plus a few scratches from when I accidently knocked/tipped it over a bunch of times. If I took better care of it and bought the case then i'm sure it would look much closer to new, but like everything else in my life, I like to USE my stuff. Anyone confirm that the kjrockwise case for $25 has a thermal pocket? Sorry, I know it does but can it really handle a hot glass piece?

I have dropped the glass from about 2 1/2 feet onto my wood deck twice and didn't break. I've knocked it on my counter against other glass n' shit and they are both flawless. Both of mine continue to spin and be loose. Again, I have confirmed from Arizer that loose is better and intended for better airflow. Personally, i'd prefer to have at least one snug one, but I don't see how it will be possible (by mail anyway). Maybe the glass will start being rated like, loose, snug, and tight lol

Keeping everything clean is such a damn breeze it's not funny. The actually unit is effortless. Only one did I have a problem with hash melting, but that was because i didn't use a screen in the heater. Yes, it did melt and cover the holes and solidify in the corners so to speak. It came out relatively easy with iso, qtips, a metal pik, and heating it and blowing. Everything is like new again. So I use a screen in the glass piece always since it eliminates any particulate (unless you use mini pieces as has been dicussed, and yes works well). My screens never clog as I keep them spic and span all the time. For concentrates, and i've used hash, bubble kif, etc. either crumbled or a thin little slice, crank the temp up to either 5,6, or 7 depending. I get huge clouds! I cut another screen enough so it's easy to take in and out and put that in after the hash. It doesn't impact the conduction whatsoever and you will get what really seems like endless hits! Taste is awesome, as is with herb. I never have received any sort of plastic or any other taste other than my herb, same as it was with the EQ. However, when empty and you sniff yes there is an odour much akin to a hot soldering iron, or maybe stereo, etc. kind of a hot transformer smell. I really hope this thing doesn't offgas anything and doesn't compromise health in any regarding with chemical offgassing. I wasn't too thrilled with the EQ's airpath through electronics cold, and expected better from arizer.

The single most annoying aspect of this little baby for me is not the battery life, but the auto shutoff. Absurd to not be able to turn it off! I can't use the beep because of discretion so i never know when it shuts off on me! Sooooo many times i've tried to hit only to find it cold! The battery life doesn't concern me much because i'm a 95% home user and just plug it in between sesh's. For my portable needs it does just fine. I sold my EQ and don't miss it at all!

My consumption also has noticably gone down. I now pack smaller bowls .1 or .05ish and find vaping a much more enjoyable experience than using the Q (whip user). I highly recommend this vape for anyone, even though I think it's a little overpriced...should be more like $199 or at least throw in the case, a/c cord, etc Oh yeah, the manual is pretty sad, although it doesn't really even need much of one it's so simple to operate!

I think it was rushed to the market...all the other shit should have been in order: website, spare parts, better manual, etc...

what would be the BEST/MOST IDEAL glass bubbler/tube whatever without ice for this baby? looking for quality not low cost.

Sorry for the long winded message... I get creative on the K-Train (BC)! lol

Edit/Added: Also wanted to note that all 4 holes in the heater are the same size on mine.

vape4life,

Third Eye View

WARNING:

Vaporizerforweed.net is indeed offering the best deal on the Solo right now, at $220.

However, I emailed them about being an authorized distributor of the Solo, and if the warranty came with the purchase. They said, yes, they are an authorized distributor. But I also emailed Arizer asking them if the site was actually legit and authorized, and he replied saying they ARE NOT, meaning if you do intend to buy from this site, be ready to not have a warranty.

Third Eye View,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
I've been vaping a bowl with some iso-hash pancaked flat between a bed of herb for the last 5 hours and still haven't been able to kill it. :o This thing just keeps ripping!

I have been using my Luke Wilson bubbler for most of my sessions and it works really well. I'm sure it would work well with most glass (remember you need 14 mm GonG or an adapter), but it just seems really natural and easy to use with a bubbler.

Regarding the case, I almost got the $25 one on Rockwise, but I opted for a generic padded camera case from Body Glove that I picked up online for about $10. case

:2c:

Stu,
Third Eye View said:
WARNING:

Vaporizerforweed.net is indeed offering the best deal on the Solo right now, at $220.

However, I emailed them about being an authorized distributor of the Solo, and if the warranty came with the purchase. They said, yes, they are an authorized distributor. But I also emailed Arizer asking them if the site was actually legit and authorized, and he replied saying they ARE NOT, meaning if you do intend to buy from this site, be ready to not have a warranty.

Grim news, and a shitty policy. When I buy a Cadillac from a dealership, I shouldn't have to phone GM home office to make sure the warranty is valid. They sold the dealership the fucking Cadillac, didn't they?

It's also a stroke against Vaporizerforweed.net for lying about it, although it may just be a misunderstanding between the companies.

charliedontsurf,

psyshaman

Vapor Viking
I'm of the same mind as CDS and the Cadillac analogy! That's pretty rotten, does Arizer have a list of authorized retailers for the solo?
For such a new product that has to have come from arizer in the first place, why sell wholesale lots to sites for retailing when they aren't an 'authorized distributor'....

You'd think you wouldn't wholesale a product to a retailer to on sell if you didn't intend to honor a warranty when purchased through that retailers outlet. I don't get it, as long as you have a set price that you as the manufacturer won't sell below can't the retailers set what margin they find acceptable to retail it for? Unless you are doing some people favors and not others

Is it just a cop out so that you can forget half the units that start to malfunction within your specified warranty period?
It's all very strange and unsettling for someone who is waiting for their Solo from the above mentioned site. The sites normal price isn't an extremely low one and the only reason it is so cheap right now is due to the 15% off sale on their entire inventory not just specifically the solo.

Rockwise, please explain! I'm confused and disheartened by all of these petty choices to honor a warranty if it sold brand new here, there or anywhere. Isn't the main aim to please the end user and in effect that is the best form of advertising there is. Put a serial number on the unit, require proof of purchase and proof that the unit wasn't damaged by misuse and honor the warranty.

I purchased a brand new, only a few months old Arizer product on impluse from a retailer that carries most of the major brands of vaporizers only to find that Arizer isn't offering a warranty on it... Not happy at all and temped to on sell it quickly before it's even arrived

psyshaman,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
This subject was brought up when this thread initially started.

Rockwise said:
jdee said:
Looks interesting, probably gonna wait for one of the deeply discounted non warrantied eBay versions to show up...should be some compatible water tools for it by then :)

Arizer is individually serializing every unit, tracking distribution, and clamping down on the minimum advertised pricing so all retailers will service their customers properly. Don't expect to see cheap one's on eBay anytime soon... or at all...

That was from Page 2 and page 4 also addresses this.

:peace:

Stu,

psyshaman

Vapor Viking
Alright, so this shouldn't be an issue as the advertised price was reasonable($270 without the sale and any retailer can have a sale even authorized ones), the units will have serial numbers and according to that theoretically should be covered by warranty...

Yet Arizer disagrees, it's still clear as mud for the consumer... Who is the only person losing in this situation?.. The consumer and that's poor business policy... The whole argument comes back to arizer still being the origin of the product to begin with. We aren't dealing with a fake product, It's still the real legit item

EDIT:
Rockwise said:
This EQ discussion would be more suitable in the EQ thread. Nevertheless, I will quickly respond about the $299 minimum advertised price. All units have always had serial numbers. Only recently have the units been Individually serialized, meaning every single unit has a unique serial number. This is the beginning of tracking the movement of units to clamp down on retailers who are selling below the authorized retail pricing. The main problem, and reason there has been units available below MAP (minimum advertised price) for so long is that retailers with multiple business names and addresses get cut off and simply re-order under a new or different business name and address, and it was impossible to track the flow of units. Arizer does not want their products, brand, or warranty service devalued by retailers who sell their products for cheap but provide no service for their customers. If you like Arizer products and wish to see them continue to manufacture products and innovate/create new products, supporting them by ONLY purchasing from Authorized Arizer Dealers who abide by the MAP is very important. By purchasing your unit for $160 from someone who will not help you out if you need help, you ultimately make things harder and more expensive for yourself if you need your unit serviced. By purchasing from Authorized Arizer Dealers, you get the added benefit of knowing you can receive full service on your unit locally, rather than shipping back and forth to Ontario if service is required --saving you time and money on service and shipping.

IMO Arizer should support their own product. I am an international customer and if anything were to go wrong I would contact arizer direct and send it to them anyway...
But they would deny me for reasons that don't apply to my situation and would cost me the same??
I have spoken on the phone to vaporizerforweed.com and they have been very helpful there is no worries there

psyshaman,

dorkus_molorkus

Unless its a knockoff vape and not the real deal, how can a newly released product not be covered by warranty based on who sold it & who didnt? WTF??

Surely, this is just a communication issue between suppliers & I'm sure we will see an announcement to clarify soon.

wont we???????? pls say we will??? pls honor the warranty that would reasonably come with any other quality product regardless of who sold it?

dorkus_molorkus,

nowonknows

psyshaman said:
Alright, so this shouldn't be an issue as the advertised price was reasonable($270 without the sale and any retailer can have a sale even authorized ones), the units will have serial numbers and according to that theoretically should be covered by warranty...

Yet Arizer disagrees, it's still clear as mud for the consumer... Who is the only person losing in this situation?.. The consumer and that's poor business policy... The whole argument comes back to arizer still being the origin of the product to begin with. We aren't dealing with a fake product, It's still the real legit item

The mob you bought it off, does it mention waranty on the listing? Either way I'd be contacting them the seller has to hold some responsability.

nowonknows,

psyshaman

Vapor Viking
You're right there is some responsibility held by the seller but that doesn't take away the responsibility from Arizer. Most any warranty claim I've ever dealt with has required some contact with the manufacturer unless a store policy is to deal with it at store level. None of this takes away the fact the product is still Arizers, has originated at arizers manufacturer and arizer has received payment from a retailer to stock the product. There for they have received the same payment from an 'unauthorized' seller as they would from an 'authorized' reseller.

What I don't understand is the voiding of warranties when you have the same money for the product already?

psyshaman,

VapeArts

Lucid Dreamer
On Friday I asked Jenny at Vaporizerforweed.net about the warranty being honored and the following was part of the response:

"just let me know if the time arises and we will get something worked out for you."

which is nice and hopefully I'll never have to find out how that goes. I tend to agree with many of the preceding comments and would think Arizer would be doing themselves much more harm than good by refusing to honor the warranty.

VapeArts,

dorkus_molorkus

lets not forget, if they are original, therefore not fakes.
what possible reason would arizer not honor waranties??

and the

"just let me know if the time arises and we will get something worked out for you."

does not fill me with confidence, is there a warranty in place or not?

I think I will send some emails as well.

dorkus_molorkus,

psyshaman

Vapor Viking
From my dealings with vaporizerforweed.net they have been very pleasant and easy to deal with. They tried calling me to resolve an issue before sending an email which is great service considering I am in Australia.

What VapeArts has quoted does make me feel a little better about the transaction!

But really dorkus has hit it on the head with what is bothering me about the whole thing....
Why won't Arizer stand behind their own product?

Should it matter who sold it and at what price if the item is legitimately from Arizer?

As a consumer I should think not, all that should matter is that
- You can prove it was purchased in the warranty time frame
- You haven't done anything to the device to void the warranty
- That it is a legitimate Arizer product with a serial code to match

The fact that there is more to it than this makes you wonder the reasoning for it all?
And I don't wish to speculate so I want to hear Arizers take on this before elaborating on the theories I have for such a stance... I will email them as well as vaporizerforweed.net

Does anyone else out there see that this is a concern and a happy customer should really be bigger than this retailer policy?

psyshaman,

dorkus_molorkus

I'm sure its all ok.
for all that work on a quality product & then to let it all down with the red tape/fine print sort of shit, is just self defeating.

lets just all take a deep breathe for a sec.

Lets see what gets announced in the next day or so.
No-one yet has had a warranty issue that we know of, so for the mo- lets hang out for some clarification.

here you go arizer, heres a great chance, pls assure us that there is a warranty on your product regardless of who sold it to whom/ when. and I'm sure it will continue to fly off the shelves.

If anyone is concerned I guess we should email who supplied us with our solos, & ask them directly.

Or the supplier can re-assure us directly right here on this forum??

Either way lets just se what eventuates. ( at least theres no reports of the solos needing warranty support just yet)

Just need the assurance there is that support should it be needed.

Mine hasnt arrived yet...... so not sure what to think...... I choose to be positive about it all.

I'm sure arizer will clarify it all soon.

dorkus_molorkus,

al bundy

Vaporist
Stu said:
This subject was brought up when this thread initially started.

Rockwise said:
jdee said:
Looks interesting, probably gonna wait for one of the deeply discounted non warrantied eBay versions to show up...should be some compatible water tools for it by then :)

Arizer is individually serializing every unit, tracking distribution, and clamping down on the minimum advertised pricing so all retailers will service their customers properly. Don't expect to see cheap one's on eBay anytime soon... or at all...

That was from Page 2 and page 4 also addresses this.

:peace:

there is one guy selling them for 219.00 on ebay, he claims a warranty too.

al bundy,

darkrom

Great Scott!
Airizer is not honoring THEIR product's warranty if you don't get over charged. Nice. I still LOVE my solo, but that is BS. If you make a quality product you should stand behind it. They choose how much they sell them to the distributors for, so the price the consumer pays should be irrelevant. That being said, I can't see any of these needing to be returned for anything other than battery replacement in the first place.

Too bad there are NO distributors in the US with accessories for sale...there's definitely a market there since no one wants to pay $30 shipping on a $10 stem or $25 case from rockwise. I don't understand why rockwise is charging $30 to ship. It is not something I am willing to pay for such small parts to get mailed from Canada to the US.

darkrom,
This is off of the current warranty subject, but I tried the potpourri bowl out of curiousity. Someone else commented that it didn't seem to get near hot enough even at setting 7, and I have to say I agree, it probably wouldn't be good for diffusing essential oils, unless they were really low temp ones. I gave it a 12 minute cycle and a bit more after.

charliedontsurf,

vape4life

Banned for life
confirmed, it's to make the product more discrete for international sales.

Oh, and what the heck is setting 1? 50 degrees? What's that useful for?

charliedontsurf said:
This is off of the current warranty subject, but I tried the potpourri bowl out of curiousity. Someone else commented that it didn't seem to get near hot enough even at setting 7, and I have to say I agree, it probably wouldn't be good for diffusing essential oils. I gave it a 12 minute cycle and a bit more after.

vape4life,

FLskwat

VAPOLITICS!
charliedontsurf said:
This is off of the current warranty subject, but I tried the potpourri bowl out of curiousity. Someone else commented that it didn't seem to get near hot enough even at setting 7, and I have to say I agree, it probably wouldn't be good for diffusing essential oils, unless they were really low temp ones. I gave it a 12 minute cycle and a bit more after.

Clearly, with no mouth & lungs creating hot air suction ...how come the pot pourri content ever get hot!!! :D

BTW, I will upload pictures of my carrying case + my complete & final screen mods tonight!

FLskwat,
Well, just by the action of heat rising and by the glass which is sunk into the chamber sucking up heat. Actually, if you put your pinky in and touch the bottom of the dish after its warmed through, you could see where it would work on low temp oils, maybe, coming from someone with no experience with them..

Just noticed that the entire top of the Solo just screws off. Threads seem a little iffyish.

charliedontsurf,

FLskwat

VAPOLITICS!
charliedontsurf said:
Well, just by the action of heat rising and by the glass which is sunk into the chamber sucking up heat. Actually, if you put your pinky in and touch the bottom of the dish after its warmed through, you could see where it would work on low temp oils, maybe, coming from someone with no experience with them..

Just noticed that the entire top of the Solo just screws off. Threads seem a little iffyish.

CDS, sorry the irony of my comment was not clear enough...
You are right bro...just saying convection's heat works if the content is located where your herbs are in the stem = in the chamber. It does work even without any air travelling...this confirmed by the fact we can see vapor escaping from the mouthpiece end even with no inhale!
BUT
if the content is located out of the chamber, outside, and "far" from the ceramic heater (as with the pot pourri bowl), no way the content will get hot enough with passive convection...

That was my point, hoping it's clearer...

FLskwat,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Not sure about the potpourri, but if you read your manual (just got to it last night myself, lol) you'll see that you need to use one of the glass stems and a piece of cotton wool when difussing oils. But seriously, is anyone even considers using this thing for aroma therapy?

I agree on the thread of the top looking and feeling a bit flimsy, imo the build quality isn't as premium as some of the first adopters claim it to be. I wouldn't unscrew the top unless it's necessary because it will give out eventually.

OhTheAgony,
Top Bottom