Arizer Solo

VapeVoice

I'm not sure that I do. I love this thing. Just been reading about people sending them in for newer models. Is it worth it. And would also like to know, since I bought it through Amazon, if I ever do need warranty work or a replacement will they do it?

VapeVoice,

WatTyler

Revolting Peasant
They won't exchange them for no reason- a warranty is for faulty items, not just to 'upgrade' to a newer model (otherwise I'd use a 3 year warranty on my car to get a brand new one every 3 years :lol:). The early exchanges were due to manufacturing flaws. Arizer will take care of you under warranty if you've proof of purchase, provided that there is a genuine issue with the unit.

WatTyler,

VapeVoice

Ya, I'm having no problems so shouldn't be an issue there. Any idea if it is covered in the chance it does develop a problem?

VapeVoice,

ilovebOObs

can i stick my male joint in there?
yea it will be covered just make sure to keep your receipt for warranty. i have a 105 too and it has been great.

ilovebOObs,

VapeVoice

Awesome! Really appreciate all your help! What do you recommend for accessories or anything to help with my overall enjoyment? I am already planning on purchasing the stealth adapter so I can use the cup and straw method in public. I was an everyday bowl smoker for 20+ years, never really used bongs for the last 15 years. So with that in mind, any suggestions?

VapeVoice,

vape4life

Banned for life
If it's your daily driver, I would get the battery bypass A/C adapter to save wear and tear on the battery.

vape4life,

ilovebOObs

yea time to step up to vape bonging, smoother tastier hits.
thinking of making a new video with the gong piece, hopefully have some time tonite.

ilovebOObs,

Pcpvapors

Just recieved my m104 today, my god is this an amazing product. I easily produced fat clouds at level 2 in a matter of minutes! All of my stems fit tight as well. Couldn't be happier!! Sorry if this a little broken up, I'm quite medicated :D

Pcpvapors,

CentiZen

Evil Genius in Training
Accessory Maker
I'll be able to make the battery replacement video soon, my pack came in and while it is not the color I ordered it fits in to the solo just fine. Looking forward to making the video for you guys

CentiZen,

ilovebOObs

^^^ awesome, looking forward to this. wished there was a way to rep people here. but here is a smile face :D

ilovebOObs,
ilovebOObs said:
^^^ awesome, looking forward to this. wished there was a way to rep people here. but here is a smile face :D

Looking forward to the video too. I feel its only a matter of time before the battery loses it strength. I seriously have mine running all day/night. Got me contemplating just buying another solo or getting an Extreme Q. Having the Q setup at my desk and just use the Solo for the couch or whatever haha. Getting tired of having to wait during charges.

E.F.Searles,

Kaptan

Pcpvapors said:
How do you turn off the annoying beep? Checked the vaporpedia it doesn't say.
After you turn it on the solo will display battery strength, immediately after it does that press and hold the up arrow button for a few seconds. Repeating those steps will turn the beeps back on.

Kaptan,

vape4life

Banned for life
E.F.Searles said:
ilovebOObs said:

Looking forward to the video too. I feel its only a matter of time before the battery loses it strength. I seriously have mine running all day/night. Got me contemplating just buying another solo or getting an Extreme Q. Having the Q setup at my desk and just use the Solo for the couch or whatever haha. Getting tired of having to wait during charges.

You could get the battery bypass ac adapter, but if you wanna charge it you will still have to wait.

vape4life,

MrNorml

E.F.Searles said:
ilovebOObs said:

I don't know why, but I find the Solo easier to use. Less an event I think. But on the other hand, I find the Q easier on my lungs. It's just ... the Solo is so nice and easy and convenient and it certainly does what it seems intended to do well. I have 2 but use just 1 - if/when it dies I have a spare!
Here is how they compare in size.
Q_Solo.jpg

MrNorml,

MrNorml

Donny187 said:
MrNorml said:
I have heard the fatty is better. Costs ... much more. The description on the VT suggests it was too small. However, on the other hand, it works for me and fits well with the Solo. First, they both last about 15 min, so you put Solo on charger, tube in freezer, and voila! Both ready for next session. And since I have used nothing bigger I can't compare, but it does cool well, simple fast connection via short tubing, and it really doesn't seem much if any harder than the Solo alone to me. So ... for me it was twice worth the under 30 bux per, and I had decided I wanted a clear one (which ends up being all that was left when I was last there). Colors are cool but ... clear is less conspicuous I guess... black might have looked awesome with my Solo too...

Do you need to buy the VT mouth piece along with VT for it to work with the solo?

solo_with_lsv_glycerine.jpg
no mouth piece at all really necessary.

MrNorml,

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
The mouthpiece on the vapor tamers isn't necessary, but does make the experience a bit nicer IMO.
I wasn't a fan of sucking on the 18mm female joint when I couldnt find my mouthpiece.
But it's by no means a requirement.

Frederick McGuire,

vaplexus

I have been using a Solo now for a number of months. I have concerns about how hot the unit gets with continued use. one of my hobbies is RC flying and I am well acquainted with the characteristics of lithium batteries. they really shouldn't get as hot as they do in the Solo. this is a risk of rupture. considering the outside shell is metal, that could be bad.

So i took it apart (i was the guy that posted a comprehensive take apart of the solo earlier in this thread [ya see if you can fine it - this is a terribly (dis)organized forum], i digress...). I ran the solo with the battery hanging outside the unit. the battery doesn't actually get hot in use. maybe a little warm. but not much. the top of the chassis however is quite hot. it heats the metal and the heat conducts through the unit. thats my theory.

so i removed the plastic back off the chassis that covers the batteries with the idea that the batteries could dissipate heat better without that cover acting as an insulator. i also remove the metal top off the unit with the idea of reducing the amount of heat conducting down.

results are very positive! where once it really got hot, now its mildly warm probably more from holding it. this will be safer and conserve battery life and also give you longer time on a charge.

vaplexus,
Reactions: papa

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Yeah, it's frustrating as hell for me, too. My boss "borrowed" my GonG stem and I can't get a replacement! :mad:

Stu,

vape4life

Banned for life
Vapelexus: My unit doesn't get hot at all.... now, i'm primarily speaking from using the AC battery bypass adapter, but even the few times i've used the battery, no heat issues whatsoever. M107.

Does anyone know where I can just get a top cap for the solo? Not the little rubber flap piece, but rather the entire screw off top cap. My unit fell over and now there are a few little dents/marks on it.

vape4life,

ru_frothi

Portable Vaporist
vape4life said:
Vapelexus: My unit doesn't get hot at all.... now, i'm primarily speaking from using the AC battery bypass adapter, but even the few times i've used the battery, no heat issues whatsoever. M107.

Does anyone know where I can just get a top cap for the solo? Not the little rubber flap piece, but rather the entire screw off top cap. My unit fell over and now there are a few little dents/marks on it.

contact arizer but I would guess your out of luck. I have more than 1 M106 and the caps are NOT interchangable.

ru_frothi,
Top Bottom