Arizer Solo

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
I see the standard Solo stems at PIU. Those are the standard stems that you can get through Arizer. Those are like the ones that come with the Solo. Those should work fine.

The ones through PlanetVape will give added air flow if you need that - they are the PVHES line of mouthpieces and GonGs. If you need an 18mm GonG you will need to go through PV. Puffitup has the Arizer Air 14mm mouthpiece that can be used as a GonG for the Solo. It's cheaper than getting one through PV which would be around $25.

I wish PIU had an 18mm size GonGs for the Solo for a reasonable price. PV's $25 is too high. We pay that kind of price because we don't have a choice. The Chinese Solo mouthpieces are inferior so not worth buying.

It's costing @ataxian a fortune. Good thing he has lots of money.

Edit
Curious about PIU Solo stems being a bit tight. PV is also making their PVHES with a tighter feel. I wonder has anyone else bought the standard size stem from PIU lately. Are they a little on the right side? I like being able to rock the stem too. It's not an issue for me it's a plus.

Last edited:

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
I see the standard Solo stems at PIU. Those are the standard stems that you can get through Arizer. Those are like the ones that come with the Solo. Those should work fine.

I bought the curved stem from PIU so I had a fresh one for company and it was a tad wider than the ones I got with the Solo originally. The ones that came with the Solo are loose and can be jiggled. The stem I got from PIU fit snugly and can't be jiggled. I prefer to jiggle :). Don't get me wrong .... the PIU stem works beautifully even without the jiggle.

I think Carol is correct that PIU is selling Arizer stems but that they may be manufactured by Arizer slightly larger in the current, sold separately batch OR I could have gotten a one-off.

sickmanfraud

The ones through PlanetVape will give added air flow if you need that - they are the PVHES line of mouthpieces and GonGs. If you need an 18mm GonG you will need to go through PV. Puffitup has the Arizer Air 14mm mouthpiece that can be used as a GonG for the Solo. It's cheaper than getting one through PV which would be around $25.

I wish PIU had an 18mm size GonGs for the Solo for a reasonable price. PV's $25 is too high. We pay that kind of price because we don't have a choice. The Chinese Solo mouthpieces are inferior so not worth buying.

It's costing @ataxian a fortune. Good thing he has lots of money.

Edit
Curious about PIU Solo stems being a bit tight. PV is also making their PVHES with a tighter feel. I wonder has anyone else bought the standard size stem from PIU lately. Are they a little on the right side? I like being able to rock the stem too. It's not an issue for me it's a plus.

I bought several bent Solo Stems from PIU in June. There is no way to rock this stem. In fact, I can pick my Solo up by the stem, Shake it and the stem still does not move. I did put an O ring on my Solo a couple of years ago.

OF

In fact, I can pick my Solo up by the stem, Shake it and the stem still does not move. I did put an O ring on my Solo a couple of years ago.

No doubt has to do with that stem, they can do this when they are out of round?

Correctly installed the o-ring should not make the stem tighter (harder to install and remove), that's not what the mod is for.

OF

sickmanfraud

No doubt has to do with that stem, they can do this when they are out of round?

Correctly installed the o-ring should not make the stem tighter (harder to install and remove), that's not what the mod is for.

OF

I understand what the O ring was designed for (thanks to you for pointing this out B 4).

The stems are not out of round and the disk that has the holes in it is EXACTLY the same as in the Black tipped and all glass Air stems.

I wonder if Arizer made these stems with the newer Solos that do not have a flat bottom in mind?

Jethro

I just ordered a PVHES Turbo stem from PV yesterday. I'll report with my findings when it comes in.

uhranium

Read the last 30 days and had some comments

-I broke my glass at least as often as Ax. Solo still running fine. I even had a situation where the solo flew out of my pocket while riding a bike. The impact hit the solo so hard, the top cap flew some meters farther. No damage inside. I destroyed around 25-30 stems in 4 years of use.

-I used my solo since 2012-2014 and 2015 until now daily for several times. And the battery still ran. I now updated to the larger capacity (good spent 35€), and it's awesome. In hindsight, I feel taking a lot of care of your regular battery is a waste of time. The cost of maintaining a functional solo (glass and battery) feels like 10:1 to me. Replacing the battery yourself is so super easy, I'd rather watch out for the mighty battery than for the solo. Anyone who still runs on a old battery solo is missing out big time. Faster heat up and longer runtime feels like how the solo should have been years ago /my failure to wait 4 years before getting one. I ordered one in 2013 from us but it never arrived.. kind of turned me off getting a new battery for some illogical reason. Did not check in years if it may have been available in my country or europe at least.

-whipping the solo is awesome. If you hold up that device to your face like 2 hours straight in a span of a day, you realize how much more easy it is to just hold the end-piece of the whip. Also great for bed, beach etc. At the beach, put the solo into a big ziploc so that it's save from the sand, leaving a small hole open for the whip. An air short stem works good here.

-heat up your dirty solo stems with a jet-flame lighter (leaves no black tar on the glass) until you can see the reclaim starting to bubble (maybe stop a pinch earlier), breathe in and : insta-reclaim

Last edited:

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
I have a whip set up for my Solo. it's awesome. I have a wood mouthpiece and adapter that I had @Ed's TnT make. We used the herbalizer tubing from the whip. I have pics on this thread and the AA. I use it with both vaporizers.

Edit
The tubing is nice and flexible plus lightweight.

Last edited:

RUDE BOY

Space is the Place
I have a whip set up for my Solo. it's awesome. I have a wood mouthpiece and adapter that I had @Ed's TnT make. We used the herbalizer tubing from the whip. I have pics on this thread and the AA.

Your whip set-up is really sweet lookin' CK. I use the planetvape stealth adaptor and magic flight type tubing when whippin' solo but like your way a lot more.

Mr.Sifter

Hello Solo drivers,

today i opened my two SOLOS out of curiosity.
The right one is a silver unit and the left one a black unit.

both where bought from EU eBay in the last years.

img_416511xtc.jpg

why has the one one left have a second board underneath the heater?

can you help me?
is one of them fake ?

the one with the second board takes longer to heat up and heats stronger.

OF

Paging Dr. @OF, you have a patient waiting :lol:

Didn't we go through this again a week or so back? Yes, it seems we did........

"One more time, bartender"???

Older units have a 'header board' in the oven assembly so it can be assembled (and serviced) as a unit. The later ones still have the slots for this board and screw holes in the bosses to retain the board no longer used. Cost savings no doubt caused the elimination of the board, connectors , screws and wire harness to mate with it and now the heater and sensor leads solder directly to the PCB.

This means, amongst other things, that the leads to the oven no longer enjoy the stress relief in the original version. The original version is what Engineers come up with. Like the idea of true PA over 'use while charging'. That, 'use while charging', like the cost cutting in production costs, are the sorts of decisions favored by 'the Suits'. Bean Counters (Accounting/Bookkeeping) and Sales types (insert your own pet name) favor such things, not Engineers and Technicians (or they would have designed it that way instead.....)..

My preference is for the older version, with it's more limited airflow, header board, and true PA. Electically they are the same basically and share the same heater. All are good products, but given the choice.......

OF

Mr.Sifter

Ok, thank you very much.

Which unit to keep.
i can only afford one SOLO.

mmmh, difficult

Mr.Sifter,
Reactions: OF

OF

Ok, thank you very much.

Which unit to keep.
i can only afford one SOLO.

mmmh, difficult

Your call.

The one on the right was made after the one on the left, even if by a short time, it's 'newer'. Use/abuse counts more at the individual level I think. Otherwise, I've already said my opinions and why.

Good luck with it, hard to go wrong, really? Flip a coin?

OF

kellya86

Herb gardener...
My solo has started acting up, it's only a year old, And never been dropped.

It said I need charge a couple of times when it didn't, now I've plugged in, it flashing between 4 and 7. Is this a fault code.?

Any help would be greatly appreciated ..

Thanks

OF

I get that error when my portable charger has not enough energy left to fill up the solo.

Could be broken battery or cable. Not denying that it could be something on the board too, but those are the first things that come to mind.

Interesting. I just tested this on a handy Solo (old 'true PA' version, my new model is out on loan). Since it has the 7 to 9 Volt range 'reserved' for PA I suspect it's a bit different but below 6.9 Volts it definitely 'tilts out' flashing the lower 4 LEDs (one blue, 3 red) and not doing anything else. From 9 to 10.1 Volts it gives a different flash pattern (including beeps no less), above 10.1 (up to 15) it charges normally.

I think Uhranium has it called more or less. I think it's too low an input from the charger. Cables fail open normally ('doesn't notice the charger is plugged in'), I see no reason to suspect the PCB or battery since it was working correctly before it failed to charge. I smell a wrong/defective charger. Remember, this 'funny size' connector is actually being used outside specifications, the 12 Volts is higher than EIAJ RC-5320A specifies for EIAJ-02 (this connector), which is industry rated for 3.15–6.3 V. This means getting a cell phone or other charger that happens to use the same connector is almost certainly too low a voltage to charge Solo.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coaxial_power_connector#RadioShack_Adaptaplug_conversion_matrix

All it's likely to do is make lights flash? I'd start suspecting the charger........

OF

kellya86

Herb gardener...
So the 4 to 7 light flash has stopped, I did a reset, and got it to full charge.

But when I used it, I tried to heat and it said charge again, off and on, then I got it to teme, but soon as I draw, the lights fall to nothing, and it says charge. Like im overpowering the heater....

I'm waiting for the retailer to get back to me as it's still in warranty. I'd love to know how this happened.

Top Bottom