Arizer Solo

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Yeah, but it sure would drive Ataxian crazy not breaking though wouldn't it?

Well, OK, more crazy than he already is? That is possible you know........ Maybe.

OF
QSLdDlp.jpg

I have a PHVES GonG!
Works so well!
Civilized!

Derrrpp

For the world is hollow and I have touched the sky
My Aussie vape store tells me this about a water tool (bong) for my solo -

"Thank you for your inquiry.

Unfortunately we don't carry the water tool for the Arizer Solo. I'm afraid we don't stock any bubblers in general due to Australian law."

So has anyone got any suggestions on places in Canada, UK or USA that I can buy (online) a good water tool for my solo. One similar to @A1 's up a few posts is what I am after.

I emailed Randy at puffit and he nicely put me onto another crowd who havent got back to me as yet.

I'm happy to pay for the shipping of course, i just have to find a place that will do the deal so to speak. I am open to suggestions, thanks!
I would suggest dhgate as well. The D020-D is, I believe, the same thing as what @A1 just got. That's what I have as well, it really is a good piece. And it pairs extremely well with the Solo. Here's a link:

http://www.dhgate.com/product/d020-d-9-inches-bubbler-glass-bong-water/244202146.html

:peace:

Edit: Here's a picture of mine I posted a while back

2nhdkid.jpg

Last edited:

TastyClouds

Hello fellow soloists! Ive been trying to get my hands on a PVHES Vortex Stem for a while now and I thought Id come to the best place on the net to get some insight on what the time frame will be before they are stocked up again. Ive been checking PV's site for weeks now and it still isn't in stock yet. Sent an email to PV and their response was basically that they are still in production and will eventually return but they can't say as to when that will be. Is anybody familiar with how often they re stock their stems? I want to give them my business but I don't want drag this on very long just to get a stem either.

sickmanfraud

this shorty vortex is available http://www.planetvape.ca/pvhes-high-efficiency-vortex-stems-for-air-and-solo.html

Personally, I have tried all of the PVHES stems and, like many many folks I prefer the stock stems. The PVHES is 2-3 times the price of a non-PVHES, but they will both shatter if they hit the floor.

BTW, I asked PV a question in their Sponsor Thread in March and even though I have spent $$$$ with them the have yet to answer.

I am just unimpressed by their customer service.

sickmanfraud,

uhranium

Just thought I'd give a little update to my on-the-go charging solution. I decided to go for the car jump starter battery; it has a great capacity of 16800 mAh, can jump start my car (actually quite useful for me), can charge other items and only costs £31.49. Here is the Amazon link:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B012CSYE5Y/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

efzuxsf.jpg

It also comes with the correct adapter to charge the Solo. I wasn't sure of this at the time so I had an order placed for 10x adapters anyway, they will come in handy I am sure.

@OF solution also seems great, and thanks to you for getting me thinking outside of the box. (CCTV chargers led me to think about using a car jumper battery).

Doesn't ship to germany, gah.

uhranium,
Reactions: pulpF

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Hello fellow soloists! Ive been trying to get my hands on a PVHES Vortex Stem for a while now and I thought Id come to the best place on the net to get some insight on what the time frame will be before they are stocked up again. Ive been checking PV's site for weeks now and it still isn't in stock yet. Sent an email to PV and their response was basically that they are still in production and will eventually return but they can't say as to when that will be. Is anybody familiar with how often they re stock their stems? I want to give them my business but I don't want drag this on very long just to get a stem either.
I buy a few at a time because I break them a lot.

LEMON LARRY (doesn't fuck you up however takes the edge off and taste unreal) is a decent strain for wake & vake before French Roast.

VORTEX STEMS dry are pretty awesome.

@Derrrpp I have at least 20 pieces of glass however I don't have a D020-D?
My FC187 is similar excect for the side mouth piece.
I have more glass coming today.
I use a D020 with my SOLO as well.

D020-D am I a missing out?

Last edited:

TastyClouds

this shorty vortex is available http://www.planetvape.ca/pvhes-high-efficiency-vortex-stems-for-air-and-solo.html

Personally, I have tried all of the PVHES stems and, like many many folks I prefer the stock stems. The PVHES is 2-3 times the price of a non-PVHES, but they will both shatter if they hit the floor.

BTW, I asked PV a question in their Sponsor Thread in March and even though I have spent $$$$ with them the have yet to answer.

I am just unimpressed by their customer service.

Reading through this epic thread, I have done a good amount of research on both the stock and Vortex stems and really would like to have both for different reasons. It seems the stock stems are good for on the go vaping because they heat up quickly and are cheaper to replace if you drop them. The Vortex being good for slow sipping sessions if you have the time to let it heatsoak. Im more of a slow sipper so Id like to have the bent regular Vortex in my vaping arsenal. Im not worried about breaking them as I have a Vatra solo case and even though I have dropped the case several times with a stem in it it has never broken and im still on my original stems that came with my solo.

If you want a fast response I have found PV to respond very quickly if you try contacting them using the contact us function on their website. I got a reply the same day.

bochen

I've just got my second solo after using the first one for 3 years.

Overall I'm satisfied, although the battery died after around 14 or so months of use.

After that I've been using it indoors with a power adapter, until the socket stopped working, apparently due to mechanical wear of the coaxial connector. At first the power would randomly drop resulting in the unit restarting, later I had to use rubber bands to hold the plug in place.
A strange thing was that sometimes the unit would start, but it wouldn't begin heating or it would only heat for some time and then stop for no reason. Wiggling the connector around to find a "right" placement would help then. Finally it just stopped working altogether.

So I'd say that durability was the bad part of otherwise a great product -- especially that it didn't see any heavy outdoor use. Do you have some tips on how to improve it?

I wanted to upload some pictures the new and old unit, but the light was all crappy so you can't see any details :(

My previous unit was M1A the current one is M1H, but I don't see many visible differences. The lights seem much brighter but that might be due to the above-mentioned power issues with old unit. I think also the customs-stealth flayer inside got an overhaul. Now it's in color and on glossy paper, before it was a black-on-white regular paper.

I also hear the new models can be used while charging, but supposedly this reduces the battery life? Should I rather use a power adapter if I have one (it's a generic universal adapter, I couldn't even find a solo adapter to buy on the net -- are they out of sale or what?).

Also what's with that small shovel-like thing they've sent me? Is it another customs stealth device -- it's too big to fit into the small holes in the stem, so one needs a pin anyway.

PS. I broke 5 out of 6 glass stems over this time. It's not that bad, but those things do break -- I've learned you need to have at least 1 spare at all times or you risk being solo-deprived for the time it takes to ship a new set to you. (Props to folks at Vaposhop as they helped me out with a speedy dispatch when this happened to me)

Last edited:

TastyClouds

I like my VORTEX stems
I like my straight stems
I like my bent stems
I like my stock stems
I like my PHVES GonG's

Never researched only experienced?

True that the best research is to experience the stem first hand. Its getting to that part of the research that has been problematic. I just love vaping in general so im sure I will be pleased.

Overall I'm satisfied, although the battery died after around 14 or so months of use.

After that I've been using it indoors with a power adapter, until the socket stopped working, apparently due to mechanical wear of the coaxial connector. At first the power would randomly drop resulting in the unit restarting, later I had to use rubber bands to hold the plug in place.
A strange thing was that sometimes the unit would start, but it wouldn't begin heating or it would only heat for some time and then stop for no reason. Wiggling the connector around to find a "right" placement would help then. Finally it just stopped working altogether.

So I'd say that durability was the bad part of otherwise a great product -- especially that it didn't see any heavy outdoor use. Do you have some tips on how to improve it?

I wanted to upload some pictures the new and old unit, but the light was all crappy so you can't see any details :(

My previous unit was M1A the current one is M1H, but I don't see many visible differences. The lights seem much brighter but that might be due to the above-mentioned power issues with old unit. I think also the customs-stealth flayer inside got an overhaul. Now it's in color and on glossy paper, before it was a black-on-white regular paper.

I also hear the new models can be used while charging, but supposedly this reduces the battery life? Should I rather use a power adapter if I have one (it's a generic universal adapter, I couldn't even find a solo adapter to buy on the net -- are they out of sale or what?).

Also what's with that small shovel-like thing they've sent me? Is it another customs stealth device -- it's too big to fit into the small holes in the stem, so one needs a pin anyway.

PS. I broke 5 out of 6 glass stems over this time. It's not that bad, but those things do break -- I've learned you need to have at least 1 spare at all times or you risk being solo-deprived for the time it takes to ship a new set to you. (Props to folks at Vaposhop as they helped me out with a speedy dispatch when this happened to me)

I would highly recommend getting a Solo Vatra case, it will do wonders for the life of your solo and its stems. It has one main pocket for the solo and a pouch that can fit about three straight stems or two bent stems. That same pocket also has another pouch where you can put some rolling papers if you are in the mood to combust. There is a second pocket underneath that fits a small Santa Cruz or SharpStone grinder and a plastic container that dispensaries normally sell you 1/8ths fit perfectly together in. So in my Case I have my Solo, two capped stems, paper/crutches combo, grinder, smell proof container, and stirring needle in one small compact case that you can strap through your belt, clip to a lanyard, or stick in a large jacket pocket. I have dropped the case several times and never broke a stem or had a single scratch after dropping it while its in the case. I think its a must have for all Solo owners so you don't have to bang up your Solo and go through stems, plus having your whole kit together is so convenient.
IMG_0205_zpshaz0ir2f.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

OF

Normally the cable connection gives out before the connector, but anything is possible.

If I'm following you right one of Pipe's excellent bases should put it right by transferring the connection there?

CentiZen can supply an upgraded battery pack and factory Solo packs are around and easy to replace.

OF

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH

And yes, use while charging hammers the battery with discharging and recharging and discharging and recharging. An unfortunate change from the older Solos which had a more true power adapter function.

bochen

I would highly recommend getting a Solo Vatra case, it will do wonders for the life of your solo and its stems. It has one main pocket for the solo and a pouch that can fit about three straight stems or two bent stems. That same pocket also has another pouch where you can put some rolling papers if you are in the mood to combust. There is a second pocket underneath that fits a small Santa Cruz or SharpStone grinder and a plastic container that dispensaries normally sell you 1/8ths fit perfectly together in. So in my Case I have my Solo, two capped stems, paper/crutches combo, grinder, smell proof container, and stirring needle in one small compact case that you can strap through your belt, clip to a lanyard, or stick in a large jacket pocket. I have dropped the case several times and never broke a stem or had a single scratch after dropping it while its in the case. I think its a must have for all Solo owners so you don't have to bang up your Solo and go through stems, plus having your whole kit together is so convenient.
That's impressive - I'd never expect it to have enough cushion-power with other rigid objects like the grinder inside.

Unfortunately most of my accidents happen during use not transportation. You know, it's not the time when you can pay the most attention :)

And yes, use while charging hammers the battery with discharging and recharging and discharging and recharging. An unfortunate change from the older Solos which had a more true power adapter function.
Are you saying the power adapter was discontinued by Arizer? My new unit still has a "DC9V Heating" written near the socket, so probably it still has the ability to use a power adapter?

Normally the cable connection gives out before the connector, but anything is possible.
So the full picture is that I killed one universal adapter during that time (the next one I bought is still OK) and 4 changeable connectors (looking like the ones here: https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/c/c7/GW-P006VX-500.45K.jpg). But I thought connectors like that are supposed to go out easily (no surprise looking at how they are made). OTOH the cable itself seems rather solid - what could go wrong if the isolation is all intact?

If I'm following you right one of Pipe's excellent bases should put it right by transferring the connection there?

CentiZen can supply an upgraded battery pack and factory Solo packs are around and easy to replace.
OF
Sorry, man I didn't understand the first sentence above..
I'm guessing CentiZen is based in America so shipping costs to Europe are a problem.

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
That's impressive - I'd never expect it to have enough cushion-power with other rigid objects like the grinder inside.

Unfortunately most of my accidents happen during use not transportation. You know, it's not the time when you can pay the most attention :)

Are you saying the power adapter was discontinued by Arizer? My new unit still has a "DC9V Heating" written near the socket, so probably it still has the ability to use a power adapter?

So the full picture is that I killed one universal adapter during that time (the next one I bought is still OK) and 4 changeable connectors (looking like the ones here: https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/c/c7/GW-P006VX-500.45K.jpg). But I thought connectors like that are supposed to go out easily (no surprise looking at how they are made). OTOH the cable itself seems rather solid - what could go wrong if the isolation is all intact?

I'm guessing CentiZen is based in America so shipping costs to Europe are a problem.
The old Solos required a separate cable for using the power adapter mode. One for chargin', one for adaptin', so the battery was barely barely used and not charged through the power adapter cable (as it lacked the other 3ish volts). The new versions only use one cable for charging and power adapter, and it will alternate between charging and discharging to keep the heater working. On the lower end of the battery capacity/charge scale, this is really hard on the batteries. I mean they're still replaceable and you can go higher capacity but just be aware that if you do that a lot you probably won't get the rated battery cycle life.

You could always drop vapefiend a line, they're carrying Centizen's high capacity batteries for 40 bones, and based in the UK... Centizen's from Canada, by the way. Not sure if that changes anything.

https://www.vapefiend.co.uk/arizer-solo-high-capacity.html

OF

Sorry to confuse. "Pipes" is Member around here, a true white hat. Amongst other things he makes a nifty base that you can leave the Solo attached to full time (it has a connector for the charger). Once you find the right way to wiggle stuff to make contact you should be free of that issue.

Actually I think CZ is in Canada as well (Pipes is), but last I heard he was selling through a EU dealer, PM him and ask? Otherwise, that's also why I left the factory units at 'are around', I know where to get them here but you're on your own there. Personally I just build my own as needed, I have the right parts.

OF

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
The old Solos required a separate cable for using the power adapter mode. One for chargin', one for adaptin', so the battery was barely barely used and not charged through the power adapter cable (as it lacked the other 3ish volts). The new versions only use one cable for charging and power adapter, and it will alternate between charging and discharging to keep the heater working. On the lower end of the battery capacity/charge scale, this is really hard on the batteries. I mean they're still replaceable and you can go higher capacity but just be aware that if you do that a lot you probably won't get the rated battery cycle life.

You could always drop vapefiend a line, they're carrying Centizen's high capacity batteries for 40 bones, and based in the UK... Centizen's from Canada, by the way. Not sure if that changes anything.

https://www.vapefiend.co.uk/arizer-solo-high-capacity.html
JxEeuoP.jpg

I have a old SOLO that will never die.
My old VORTEX stem was broken however worked so well!
The MENDOCINO PURPLE is really nice to pair with a SOLO.
I have a SOLO for my portable.

TastyClouds

It still astounds me how with all the weight of the Solo grinder, bud, stems, etc... the case can take a 5 to 6ft drop onto concrete, landing square on the pouch that holds the stems and every time I open it back up expecting to see broken stems or a mark on the Solo... but NEVER, after 10+ drops. The case is ultra padded and cushioned to the point where when you first get it the Solo, stems, grinder, and container barely fit in. Over time the cushion will ease up and allow everything to slide in easy but that padded cushioning never eases up when it comes to drops and protecting your goods. Its always was the transportation for me where I used to break stems or drop my old Solos too... never again.

Haven't been using the Solo lately after my Omicron V4 came in. Saw this thread and just had to pack a fat bowl of some cookies!

And i'm sure as hell glad i did.
My goodness, nothing beats the flavor this thing provides.

There is a reason many like myself still continue to use the Solo in 2016. Its just super solid and its hard to find portables that are on the Solo's level when it comes to taste. And that's very important for me because I am always buying high grade medicine and want to taste every node of the high grade goodness. The Solo lets me do that, I am sure your cookies tasted great :p

Last edited:

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
There are many portable vaporizers flooding the market but they arent all made as well as the Arizer's 2 portables the Solo and the newer Air. The Solo has very nice flavor and allows you to taste the different cannabis available. The all glass air path offers the best in vaporizing.

It's very easy to clean and maintain. The Solo will help you to stretch the cannabis budget with its small oven with less waste. Relax and enjoy your vaporizing session.

Last edited:

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
There is a reason many like myself still continue to use the Solo in 2016. Its just super solid and its hard to find portables that are on the Solo's level when it comes to taste. And that's very important for me because I am always buying high grade medicine and want to taste every node of the high grade goodness. The Solo lets me do that, I am sure your cookies tasted great :p
I hate portables and find no use for them!
Plug-ins are way more powerful and trouble free.

The SOLO I like because you charge it with a GIZMO (@OF) and it last a long time.

For me it's like a tool.

VERSION 3 with a flat body would be nice just to mix it up.

Collecting portables is a sickness like gambling or drinking Hard LIQUOR.

SOLO is simple and gets the job done.

When CANNABIS becomes legal in most of the free world we will see the forest through the trees!

Last edited:
Top Bottom