Arizer Solo

OF

Funny because CANNABIS makes you young and causes you to live longer?

And find more enjoyment in the process I think. Solo is a great tool in that respect. I think blazing might shorten life, it's nothing like tobacco of course, but it does take a toll on a guy. Vaporizing seems to fix that little issue, or at least move it way down the list.

Lots to recommend it. The only downside I see is it tends to empty the wallet on hardware, deprives dispensaries and growers of extra sales, and of course can get you busted if you live in the wrong place or don't play the game by the right rules.

All in all, way better than the alternatives.

OF

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
And find more enjoyment in the process I think. Solo is a great tool in that respect. I think blazing might shorten life, it's nothing like tobacco of course, but it does take a toll on a guy. Vaporizing seems to fix that little issue, or at least move it way down the list.

Lots to recommend it. The only downside I see is it tends to empty the wallet on hardware, deprives dispensaries and growers of extra sales, and of course can get you busted if you live in the wrong place or don't play the game by the right rules.

All in all, way better than the alternatives.

OF
You're correct in the very sense of the word!

Seriously I believe vaporization is healthier than combustion!

That's my story and I'm sticking to it!

After 2 more stems of CALIFORNIA LIV'N OG (grapefruit x GSC) I love the flavor of this one! 20/80

Effect?

Last edited:

Jethro

Hey folks, news of the evening is, my SOLO is still ripping hard! 2 bowls of pure kief, 2 of flower finished with a combo of them... extreme medication mode. Still got a few grams left when most weeks I would have needed to re-up last Wed. Killer, killer stuff. Loving the flavor, power, economy, cleanliness... I definitely agree, it's way healthier than the alternative!!

Ataxian, I don't know what I have as here we rarely get the name, but it's extremely good. Dense, dense buds. Good trichomes, great kief! But I am jealous of that grapefruit!

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Hey folks, news of the evening is, my SOLO is still ripping hard! 2 bowls of pure kief, 2 of flower finished with a combo of them... extreme medication mode. Still got a few grams left when most weeks I would have needed to re-up last Wed. Killer, killer stuff. Loving the flavor, power, economy, cleanliness... I definitely agree, it's way healthier than the alternative!!

Ataxian, I don't know what I have as here we rarely get the name, but it's extremely good. Dense, dense buds. Good trichomes, great kief! But I am jealous of that grapefruit!
The SOLO is cheap and fills a need!
Mine & you're.?

I had to make this one?

I go through KIEF like water!

Love it!

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
Been trying to convert those that still combust. Always suggest the Solo as a first vaporizer because it can be used as a desk top as well as a portable. It converts easy to a water tool with an adapter and produces good vapor flavor.

The price is reasonable. It saves on product, what's not to love about this vaporizer. It works well for the medical patient and the recreational user.

OF

Been trying to convert those that still combust. Always suggest the Solo as a first vaporizer because it can be used as a desk top as well as a portable. It converts easy to a water tool with an adapter and produces good vapor flavor.

The price is reasonable. It saves on product, what's not to love about this vaporizer. It works well for the medical patient and the recreational user.

Excellent points, all. For sure Solo has much to offer a wide spectrum of folks.

Best of luck in your continued Holy Quest. The 'good word' is well worth sharing.

OF

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Excellent points, all. For sure Solo has much to offer a wide spectrum of folks.

Best of luck in your continued Holy Quest. The 'good word' is well worth sharing.

OF
Holy Grail OK I get it?
Do you trust me?

Level 4 Californian Liv'n OG

Have multiple portables!

COLAS are more important.

Priorities?

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
Good evening Soloists.

Curled up on the couch with my iPad and enjoying some Gorilla Glue with my Solo. Need to settle down for nighttime. Still dealing with some congestion in my lungs, vaporizing low temps help to break up the what's left in my lungs. Using temp 3 then up to 4.

What a nasty virus first I had the flu for 5 days then you get a congested cough.

The Solo makes it nice to use and not have to worry about a cord.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Good evening Soloists.

Curled up on the couch with my iPad and enjoying some Gorilla Glue with my Solo. Need to settle down for nighttime. Still dealing with some congestion in my lungs, vaporizing low temps help to break up the what's left in my lungs. Using temp 3 then up to 4.

What a nasty virus first I had the flu for 5 days then you get a congested cough.

The Solo makes it nice to use and not have to worry about a cord.
I get a flu shot every year for the last 9 years.
Never do I get the Flu!

I have a few vaporizers? (stupid)
What a joke?

This cheap SOLO taste so good?

Effective?

Please do not ignore CANNABIS: I have GrandDaddy Purple that will wipe out and medicate any cannabis consumer!

Jethro

MMMM, GrandDaddy Purple! I myself picked up 1/8oz of Sour Diesel and an 1/8th of Green Cheese last night and enjoyed it through the Solo at level 4. So much flavor! And my Planet Vape GonG was in the mailbox yesterday so only one last piece of the puzzle- a box from SunshineStore coming from China- and I will be milking up some glass!! Looks like my piece from Steven is much further behind.

OF

MMMM, GrandDaddy Purple! I myself picked up 1/8oz of Sour Diesel and an 1/8th of Green Cheese last night and enjoyed it through the Solo at level 4. So much flavor! And my Planet Vape GonG was in the mailbox yesterday so only one last piece of the puzzle- a box from SunshineStore coming from China- and I will be milking up some glass!! Looks like my piece from Steven is much further behind.

Well done you as the Brits would say. Sounds like you're doing the best you can with the tools at hand, IMO an excellent attitude to have.

Good luck getting your long awaited WT......be sure you don't let Ataxian near it.......

OF

Jethro

If Ataxian were close by I would enjoy nothing more than letting him break my glass! It just may be worth it!

I was browsing around SunshineStore's dhgate page and noticed these little beauties... they sure look like Solo bowls, don't they? I wonder if they are compatible and would work as cheap GonG bowls for Solo? Does anyone know or should I be the guinea pig? I'm obviously just looking for an excuse to order another package from SSS.

http://www.dhgate.com/store/product/new-arrival-glass-tobacco-smoking-built-in/260993616.html

New%20arrival%20glass%20tobacco%20smoking%20built%20in%20bowl%2014.5mm%20&%2018.8mm%20for%20options.jpg

OF

If Ataxian were close by I would enjoy nothing more than letting him break my glass! It just may be worth it!

OK, your call, you've been warned. Just don't leave him alone with small children.......

Great find on what seems like a Arizer GonG clone. DHGate has a 'reasonable to good' rep here for making glass. Hopefully one of 'the usual suspects' will get one, check it out, and let us all know. We seem to be a pretty good lot at sharing useful information as you've no doubt noticed.

OF

kellya86

Herb gardener...
I finally got to try a solo today, iv been contemplating a solo purchase since the beginning when I bought my eq, kept meaning to aquire a solo but then @DDave took my money, 3 times.

Then I was about to get one on black friday but ended up with a flowermate v5.0s for 39 British pounds. Couldnt say no to that. But now i couldn't afford the solo.

Then I almost got one a few weeks ago but instead I bought a second eq at the last minute. I like piece of mind of having 2 eq's. And I don't regret it one bit. Specially after using a solo today.

I understand the loyal solo following, many use it as their main vape, many don't think they need a desktop. And I understand this post probably won't get any likes, but here goes.

After following this thread for months and seeing how people describe the solo as nearly as powerfull as a desktop, I was all ready to be blown away, and I wasn't. All in all it was a massive anti climax. It's nicely made and very economical with the herb, but just doesn't give you the punch in the face I'm looking for, and get from my eq.

I think I may even prefer my cheap Chinese flowermate, if this is what portables are all about, then I'm happy I got 2 eq's.

I now know that for me, a portable is just a filler, until I can get home to my eq. And that my flowermate will do this job (for what I need) as good as a solo.

So I'm sorry solo lovers. I didn't fall in love like I was expecting. And to the people who don't have a desktop and think they are fine with portables, I think you may be missing out. No amount of chuffing on a solo will compare to the effect of a hit on the eq. For me anyway.

Jethro

And to the people who don't have a desktop and think they are fine with portables, I think you may be missing out. No amount of chuffing on a solo will compare to the effect of a hit on the eq. For me anyway.

Understood and appreciated! I can't see how a portable at all could ever create the power a desktop has and I know I need one in my quiver. But with utmost respect it sounds like you have one day on the Solo... I have to admit that the first few times I used my Solo I was underwhelmed as well. Vapor seemed thin! Now with some technique including grind consistency and airflow (tilting the stem) I can get lung busting, full on, room filling clouds. Clouds so big that I couldn't handle anything more even if the equipment produced it. I wish I took video of what I made happen with some Sour Diesel last night... it was borderline obscene.

kellya86

Herb gardener...
I understand that some more practise may yield better results, but I did get it to produce clouds, like I said, iv lurked here a while, so was aware of moving stem to aid airflow, it's not like I need more vapour, but I feel the vapour from the eq contains more active compounds. It's more irritating to my throat, and leaves me breathless, and very high. I don't think the solo could ever extract as well as a desktop, but I may be wrong.

OF

I finally got to try a solo today, iv been contemplating a solo purchase since the beginning when I bought my eq, kept meaning to aquire a solo but then @DDave took my money, 3 times.

I now know that for me, a portable is just a filler, until I can get home to my eq. And that my flowermate will do this job (for what I need) as good as a solo.

So I'm sorry solo lovers. I didn't fall in love like I was expecting. And to the people who don't have a desktop and think they are fine with portables, I think you may be missing out. No amount of chuffing on a solo will compare to the effect of a hit on the eq. For me anyway.

For sure no vape (nor most anything else) is 'for everyone'. Some guys I hear don't even like their beer cold???

I also agree, as a tool FM is effective, probably as effective as Solo for most. Our goals differ, many of us are MMJ users, some can't deal with 'big clouds', others really enjoy 'sipping' and aren't in it for heavy hits and cheap thrills. No offense intended to any group or individual, of course, it's just folks differ in what they need/want.

It's your call, as it should be. It's just not a very common one at all. This tread didn't get to nearly eight thousand posts (and the 'parent' Solo one to five times that) because folks thought it was a bad idea.

I think it's a mistake to dismiss Solo/Air or any other too quickly. Many need to 'come to know' the gear, just like with people? Hopefully in the fullness of time you'll get a chance to do just that but until then (and after) your decisions are your own. You should do what you think best with your time, money and other resources. By all means enjoy the tools you've picked.

And Merry Christmas in the 'Mother Country'.

OF

Jethro

Hopefully one of 'the usual suspects' will get one, check it out, and let us all know. We seem to be a pretty good lot at sharing useful information as you've no doubt noticed.

OF

Well, I just placed another order at SSS so I will be the guinea pig. My first one isn't even here yet, let alone my second dhgate order with steven and I'm already placing more orders. I have a problem.

Will update when these knockoff GonG's get here.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT

I was browsing around SunshineStore's dhgate page and noticed these little beauties... they sure look like Solo bowls, don't they? I wonder if they are compatible and would work as cheap GonG bowls for Solo? Does anyone know or should I be the guinea pig? I'm obviously just looking for an excuse to order another package from SSS.

http://www.dhgate.com/store/product/new-arrival-glass-tobacco-smoking-built-in/260993616.html

New%20arrival%20glass%20tobacco%20smoking%20built%20in%20bowl%2014.5mm%20&%2018.8mm%20for%20options.jpg
I will buy at least 12!

GDP is devastating!
GSC is manageable!
PARIS OG taste amazing!
CACTUS COOLER will make your mind soar to the multi verse without a rocket!
DEATH STAR OG will put you in a COMA.
SOUR LEMON DROPS OG will make your mouth pucker!
PINE TREES OG put me down?

CALIFORNIA LIV'N OG you can't buy however it's heaven on earth if there's such a place!

Regardless of the strain level 4 PHVES stem with a CHILLUIM tip makes me happy.

SOLO's are like a well made cordless screwdriver.

Have plenty of screw's and practice.

@kellya86 I love a SOLO and it fills a need for me.
Maybe it's not your cup of tea?
I like a punch in the face however in the evening. During the day a SOLO keeps me happy.
To have a punch in the face during the day is not the way we want to feel!
You preference is your's.
Some are looking for something different?

For me it's medical whereas for you it might be recreational?

We all have different needs.
Thank goodness we are not the same.

Maybe the SOLO is not for you?

I have a Q and a few plug ins for a punch in the face experience.

During the day I read a lot and the SOLO is perfect for this activity.

If you play video games all day maybe the SOLO is not enough?

Find your sweet spot!

In my case I find the SOLO as my daytime driver.
Plug-ins when the sun goes down.

CANNABIS is the GRAIL!
HOLINESS is the way we process it!

Last edited:
Top Bottom