Arizer Solo

Dr. Soxhlet

SOLO Vaporized Cannabis is my Best Medicine
It's harvest time in the Pacific NW. I bought some Matanuska Thunderfuck
Yes it is, but I haven't had to buy any for years. Have Permafroast, LSD, Kuna Kush and lots of Blueberry. My dispensary is about 20 feet from the house...nice variety too! Great to have the Solo to actually taste the different varieties, in my opinion much better than a joint.

biohacker

OK In really looking close, that hole does look slightly smaller. Like not cut all the way to the side wall...? Is that it?

I don't think it's that either, but i'm definitely going to compare it to my brand new one when it arrives, and if i'm still not happy with the answer, i'll email Arizer and ask. I know airflow is getting through because there is a hole that extends up the side. I can take it apart and look which I may even end up doing, i've had a Solo to bits before. Upon closer inspection it appears that another hole has it slightly, and it's also a round edge which makes me think there is a round separate plate right under? Doesn't bother me enough to take apart yet but i'll snap some more pics down the road so you can see it easier.

When I had the VRIP kit with the Bong style water pipe I couldn't handle it?

I can only handle it on low temperatures, but overall the pure convective nature of its design would irritate my throat and causes coughing reflexes or sometimes sneezing due to the massive amount of terpenes in one go. It's not just the Vrip, I have the same issues and sensitivities with other primarily convection vapes such as the Herbalizer, EQ, EVO, LSV, etc. Unless it's low temp, those vapes are completely useless to me unless I want to rip apart my lungs with hot air which eventually causes me bronchitis episodes. This just doesn't happen with the Solo!!!!

Joints rolled with Zig Zag paper is the best.

Don't make me report you bro :brow: Comments like that on this forum could earn you a reputation! :ko:

Solo to the rescue last night with a lot of pain and anxiety needed the convenience of the Solo. It's small and portable and comes in handy when having a difficult night.

I had gone shopping to the cannabis farmers market and bought some great meds. It's harvest time in the Pacific NW. I bought some Matanuska Thunderfuck (among some other awesome strains) and it put me out like a light

Well, I hope it's the Solo but I have some serious medical needs especially lately with super high stress and anxiety and sleeping has been a massive struggle due to ptsd, yet I slept 7.5hours straight like a light last night? This is pretty much unheard of, and i'm thinking that the Solo has much to do with it! With the Solo I can literally keep extracting as long as I want to! It never seems to end, and perhaps it's those toasty hits that have been marinating for a while? They don't take great, and in fact I detect some hints of combustion in the taste, and it comes out basically near black - but it still doesn't fully combust, and i'm wondering if there are some qualities in that "overvaped biomass" that help maintain a full night of sleep? Could be other variables for me personally, but this is one key element I will be keeping my eye on as i've never really had vapes with much of a conduction component. The Crafty/Mighty just stop producing vapour, it's hard to overvape the biomass like a Solo, so impossible for me to compare (although the S&B products do extract really well too).

Great to have the Solo to actually taste the different varieties, in my opinion much better than a joint.

Abstaining is much better than a joint IMHO! Now where is the smiley icon for vomit? :lol:

Last edited:

sickmanfraud

This is what I was talking about earlier with the one hole on my Solo. It's not blocked by debris or anything, this is just how it came. I'm pretty sure I remember the same thing in past Solo's...is it the norm? It's as if the bottom plate portion is shifted? But why then are the other 3 holes visibly open? There is a hole on the side still so there is airflow and the Solo functions great from what i've seen so far. Intentional design?

newest M1H model...even came with stem caps and a stir tool (like the Air).

SdtjKuk.jpg

@biohacker, you have told us about Agracan and how they will make sure you are 100% satisfied. That being the case why not ask them for a different Solo?

OF

@biohacker, you have told us about Agracan and how they will make sure you are 100% satisfied. That being the case why not ask them for a different Solo?

While I too don't think it's worth worrying about (agreeing with Pipes comes pretty naturally to me usually......), it's a fun idea. Or if it gets scratched? Or needs cleaning? Or you'd like to try a different color?

Fun idea, since you get to define 'satisfied'.

OF

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
I don't think it's that either, but i'm definitely going to compare it to my brand new one when it arrives, and if i'm still not happy with the answer, i'll email Arizer and ask. I know airflow is getting through because there is a hole that extends up the side. I can take it apart and look which I may even end up doing, i've had a Solo to bits before. Upon closer inspection it appears that another hole has it slightly, and it's also a round edge which makes me think there is a round separate plate right under? Doesn't bother me enough to take apart yet but i'll snap some more pics down the road so you can see it easier.

I can only handle it on low temperatures, but overall the pure convective nature of its design would irritate my throat and causes coughing reflexes or sometimes sneezing due to the massive amount of terpenes in one go. It's not just the Vrip, I have the same issues and sensitivities with other primarily convection vapes such as the Herbalizer, EQ, EVO, LSV, etc. Unless it's low temp, those vapes are completely useless to me unless I want to rip apart my lungs with hot air which eventually causes me bronchitis episodes. This just doesn't happen with the Solo!!!!

Don't make me report you bro :brow: Comments like that on this forum could earn you a reputation! :ko:

Well, I hope it's the Solo but I have some serious medical needs especially lately with super high stress and anxiety and sleeping has been a massive struggle due to ptsd, yet I slept 7.5hours straight like a light last night? This is pretty much unheard of, and i'm thinking that the Solo has much to do with it! With the Solo I can literally keep extracting as long as I want to! It never seems to end, and perhaps it's those toasty hits that have been marinating for a while? They don't take great, and in fact I detect some hints of combustion in the taste, and it comes out basically near black - but it still doesn't fully combust, and i'm wondering if there are some qualities in that "overvaped biomass" that help maintain a full night of sleep? Could be other variables for me personally, but this is one key element I will be keeping my eye on as i've never really had vapes with much of a conduction component. The Crafty/Mighty just stop producing vapour, it's hard to overvape the biomass like a Solo, so impossible for me to compare (although the S&B products do extract really well too).

Abstaining is much better than a joint IMHO! Now where is the smiley icon for vomit? :lol:
Hey @biohacker your the best!

Anxiety well I suffer from that among other things.
The SOLO is practical if their is such a word?

When I speak of joint smoking it was during an era when I was a young gun.

I had many of the vaporizers you speak about!

Unfortunately they were fun just not what I needed for my condition!

The SOLO I use all day.

In California we have incredible selections of CANNABIS however some may taste unreal however the side effects are not worth it.

My strains are for my medical needs.

Dutch Treat
GSC
GDP
White Widow
Black Water
Snoop Doggy Purple Kush
Paris OG
Any OG grown by the Ocean I love!
Their are many others I like however I list what I have.

i USE the SOLO the most of my vaporizers with these strains.

To me the healthiest way to medicate is natural.

CANNABIS is natural just as a SOLO is practical!

This is my rant for the day!

That's the newest model? I've got an M1W and I've only had it for three days! Did they ship me an older unit? I noticed the curved stem had the larger holes and the strait stem had what I'd compare to "pepper shaker" holes, so I feel at least my stems were made in a transitional period, or one was old stock. No stir tool, came with caps.

Is there any differences I should know about? That's one of the most frustrating issues with this thread, you'll spend a dozen or more pages reading up on older and model specific issues only to realize 10 pages later its a moot point as it doesn't affect YOUR unit. I wonder how many with the new models are worried about chipping their heating elements! :rofl:

Anyways, I'm having much better luck with my solo now after experimenting more. I've found I like to load the stem near full but very fluffly like, hardly tamped down at all and leave it on 4-5 for about 20-30 seconds before my first draw. Before I wasn't giving the solo much time between draws and was left with mediocre albeit tasty hits. I ran a piece of organic cotton through the stem I've been using the most when it was warm and gooey and was rewarded with an amber cotton ball of sheer deliciousness. The reclaim was definitely the most intense feeling (and clouds) I've gotten from my solo. I can't wait to get (or in all likelyhood make) some oil or wax to try, if the hits are as productive as the stems reclaim then I am in love. :nod: I'm already on the look out for a cheap portable unit for on the go use since I don't want to risk anything with the solo! This ones staying at home.

Modnote: Edited to fix quote tags

Last edited by a moderator:

OF

That's the newest model? I've got an M1W and I've only had it for three days!

Is there any differences I should know about? That's one of the most frustrating issues with this thread, you'll spend a dozen or more pages reading up on older and model specific issues only to realize 10 pages later its a moot point as it doesn't affect YOUR unit.

If you'd read enough of this thread you'd know the 'model number'/Serial number is no useful guide, the maker has told us so. He's even repeated some number series? Pay no attention to it in that regard. Very early models had changes (like a ceramic bowl and different step settings) but in the last few years there are only two versions, those that 'charge while using' (newer) and those that don't (older, like two years old or more?).

This has been discussed many many times.

You definitely have the newer version. Not to worry. You did not read about any 'model specific' issues that don't effect you in the last several hundred pages. The last 'existing old versions' reported were over a year ago, and they were 'open box' (used) ones from PIU. Everyone is getting the same model as you for practical purposes.....and have been for some time.

OF

lookhigh

FC member
Been doing a bit off experimenting regarding to grind or not to grind.
I used a space case for this and this is my taste buds i tested with.
I found that grinded i got a more piney taste and not so much of the nice fruity flavors, The strain is serious happiness by the way. Taste did not last as long either.
Effect wise i could not notice any difference. When i dont grind i do pull apart the bud and fit it snugly into the bowl. So for me and my SOLO/AIR i do not grind. Also helps keep my stems clean.

Dr. Soxhlet

SOLO Vaporized Cannabis is my Best Medicine
[QUOTE="biohacker, post: 869985, member: 17237"

I'm already on the look out for a cheap portable unit for on the go use[/QUOTE]

My "cheap portable unit for on the go use" is a second Solo. If I need stealth, It goes in a cup. I may buy an Air someday, but the longer battery life convinced me to just get another Solo.

bidrock

Hi,

I've been a Solo owner for 2 years now and I still love it like it was day one! For the sake of time, I was looking into buying my first bubbler for it and have come to the conclusion that this is it. Not looking for anything too crazy or difficult to use. What kind of GonG attachment would I need to order for this? I appreciate all the help given by the community.

http://www.dhgate.com/store/product/d020-d-bubbler-glass-water-percolator-smoking/187214099.html

Thanks

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
The AIR is a great companion to the SOLO, the swap-able batteries make it last as long as you have charged batteries ready to go. SOLO is better airflow and more powerful.
I'm sure the AIR is a nice portable to have.
However socially I don't vaporize away from my home.
The SOLO works well for my needs!
I tried some of the cheaper units with a lot of disappointment!
A back-up SOLO would be more fitting for my needs.
The AIR would be a handy device if you vaporized outside your home!

@bibrock 18mm PHVES GonG

Derrrpp

For the world is hollow and I have touched the sky
I'm already on the look out for a cheap portable unit for on the go use My "cheap portable unit for on the go use" is a second Solo. If I need stealth, It goes in a cup. I may buy an Air someday, but the longer battery life convinced me to just get another Solo.

The solo doesn't suit my needs for an "on the go" vape at all. Its fairly slow, large and cumbersome with the glass stem compared to most portables. I bought it for the intention of a hybrid home/occasional outing use (suits its purpose to a T). Given the fact I live in a state where confiscation is an all to real possibility stealth and price are top priorities for my portable. Regardless that's for another thread, i'm sure somewhere between the dozens (hundreds?) of reviews and thousands of posts my sub $100 quick heating stealth unit is hiding right under my nose! :nod:

Last edited:

OF

Regardless that's for another thread, i'm sure somewhere between the dozens (hundreds?) of reviews and thousands of posts my sub $100 quick heating stealth unit is hiding right under my nose! :nod:

You might check out Imag+, very fast, lots of vapor, $55 from PIU. Looks a lot like an e-cig. Normally I'd suggest FM Mini as well but that has a glass stem...... Small, reliable, low cost, high performance herb vapes don't grow on trees it seems.

OF

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
I have the Arizer Air and the Solo. The Solo is bigger but I prefer it to the Air. I use the Air too but I find I rely on the Solo more. Maybe it's my imagination but I also think it's more powerful and think it gives my herb a better flavor. It could come down to personal preference.

sickmanfraud

Lately I have been using temp 7 but inserting the stem only when I am actually taking a hit, then quickly removing it (with the unit inverted so as not to spill). This seems to give me a great flavor, like I would associate with convection. Does anyone else use their Solo like that?

@puddlegum this is/was an AMAZING hint. Tried this last night and because I was using the high temp setting it helped me sleep really well.

In fact, my son had to wake me because I fell asleep suddenly with the vape in my bed, and I didn't put on my CPAP machine.

BTW, wife complained about smell for the first time in 2 years! HUGE CLOUDS!!

Last edited:

OF

I have the Arizer Air and the Solo. The Solo is bigger but I prefer it to the Air.

Boy, once again I'm solidly with the Lady! Not that there's a lot of differences, or those differences important to all, but I think it's great to have such choices. Friends, we're walking in tall cotton for sure.

@puddlegum this is/was an AMAZING hint.

BTW, wife complained about smell for the first time in 2 years! HUGE CLOUDS!!

Great! Glad you broke the code and got on board. Really 'too good to miss out on', isn't it? Not to worry about the smell objections from the wife, there's lots of other wives that don't object (some even like the smell).......you might mention that......

OF

sickmanfraud

Boy, once again I'm solidly with the Lady! Not that there's a lot of differences, or those differences important to all, but I think it's great to have such choices. Friends, we're walking in tall cotton for sure.

Great! Glad you broke the code and got on board. Really 'too good to miss out on', isn't it? Not to worry about the smell objections from the wife, there's lots of other wives that don't object (some even like the smell).......you might mention that......

OF

No big deal, just broke out the smoke buddy.

If I could ever get the PBW to finish with my F-bomb I would love to try this through water.

sickmanfraud

Have you checked local Home Brewing/Wine Making shops? Standard product for them, sold in small bags usually.

OF

Sorry I wasn't clear, I have some PBW, but it's having a problem getting 2+ years worth of crud (resin, pieces of cannabis and stone from the hard water) clean.

Most of the F-bomb is sparkling, I am having trouble with the place where the vapor hits the top and then starts to go down to the holes.

Been soaking since Sunday. Any ideas?

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Sorry I wasn't clear, I have some PBW, but it's having a problem getting 2+ years worth of crud (resin, pieces of cannabis and stone from the hard water) clean.

Most of the F-bomb is sparkling, I am having trouble with the place where the vapor hits the top and then starts to go down to the holes.

Been soaking since Sunday. Any ideas?
I use PBW however only as a way of maintaining.

If I have a piece that is really dirty I use a stronger product.

Do what you want?

This is my method for a dirty piece:

5 gallon plastic pail from Home Depot or whoever.
ZEP blue bottle from HD.
I put the piece in the pail and pour ZEP into the piece and soak for an hour. (dirty grungy piece) (GonG'S as well)
Rinse with RO water or potable...............
I live in a area that is full of citrus trees and make a rinse to neutralize the piece.
The ph is very high concerning the ZEP. (caustic)
Rinse with clean water and let dry.

Once your piece is sparkling clean maintain it with PBW weekly or monthly?

This is what I do!
You and others may have a better method?

I steam clean my pieces sometimes without chemicals of any kind! (twice a year)

This is the way I do it!

Last edited:

sickmanfraud

I use PBW however only as a way of maintaining.

If I have a piece that is really dirty I use a stronger product.

Do what you want?

This is my method for a dirty piece:

5 gallon plastic pail from Home Depot or whoever.
ZEP blue bottle from HD.
I put the piece in the pail and pour ZEP into the piece and soak for an hour. (dirty grungy piece)
Rinse with RO water or potable...............
I live in a area that is full of citrus trees and make a rinse to neutralize the piece.
The ph is very low concerning the ZEP. (caustic)
Rinse with clean water and let dry.

Once your piece is sparkling clean maintain it with PBW weekly or monthly?

This is what I do!
You and others may have a better method?

I steam clean my pieces sometimes without chemicals of any kind! (twice a year)

This is the way I do it!

Thanks @ataxian for the info. I searched Home Depot and there are a LOT of Zep products. Could you please tell me the main use and which chemicals you mean.

I am not in the USA and I will have to find a substitute, that will be easier if I know which Zep you refer to.

Thanks again.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom